Sub 120 IQs are FUCKED

In the debate of whether or not AI will create massive job losses, people seem too focused on past events. Optimists point to the previous industrial revolutions as examples of major economic changes that in the end turned out okay for job sustainability.

But I rarely see people point to one blatant fact: Unlike previous technological advancements, AI isn't industry disruption. It's competency disruption.

Most jobs today consist of repetitive, specific tasks that require average human competence. A.I is only really good at performing specific tasks.

When AI optimists are faced with this proposition, they parry with the notion that in time, we will create new jobs to replace those lost to A.I. But that notion ignores one major problem that prevents anyone from creating such jobs: The IQ gap.

Love it or hate it, IQ is one of the most reliable tests we have on competency. A.I threatens to take not just the existing jobs for people with average IQs, but AI can take every possible job an average person will be able to perform.

The worrying part is that IQ is nigh impossible increase in a major way, and research points to it having a strong connection to genetics. What this means is that no matter how great the education system, most people aren't able to become intelligent enough to get a job in the upcoming future.

TL;DR AI will take the jobs that most people are competent enough to do, leaving only the most intelligent in society to take jobs. The IQ gap will be what separates the working from the non-working, the rich from the poor, the free from the enslaved.

Attached: titanic-captain.jpg (1200x521, 89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5479093/
phys.org/news/2013-05-victorian-era-people-intelligent-modern-day-counterparts.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

most human are not just worthless, they are malicious
there is a reason why smart people want to move away from humans
I can't wait to see the absolute misery and death that is coming

> rich
> working
Pick one

and how will you be automating plumber, hvac, electrician etc?

actually the only ones who are fucked are 100-120 who think their accounting degrees will save them

High iq != competency without drive, and with enough ambition and drive you can work your way up with lower than satisfactory iq

People under 120 IQ will shout out "UBI!"
People over 120 will just keep quiet because they know the only solution is massive culling, why keep worthless masses of flesh around?
>hurr durr they need consumers for their products!
So asset owners will pay taxes, to fund idiots, so the idiots can buy their stuff? Why not just keep the money and cut out the middleman (ie. idiots)?

The only thing the will REALLY happen is that making consumer good for retards will cease to be profitable, so an avenue to riches will be closed, but another one will open
>or matter-of-fact is already open, but only people with >120IQ can see it

Capitalism is built on the value of people's labor. When only a few are intelligent enough to work, they will be highly compensated and sought after.

cat sized drones
those drones are just RC drones and eyes, what drives them in the overmind
each small drone is effectively a hand

This is true for entrepreneurship and lotsa cool stuff. But it's not true for things like creativity, sociability, likeability.

In todays society sure, ambition is an important factor of success. But ambition and hard work won't make you see more complex patterns. It won't make you a world class athlete, and it won't make an uncreative person creative.

Jobs in the future will be for people who can create. Ambition isn't enough here.

>Capitalism is built on the value of people's labor
Yeah... nah

spotted the low IQ drone

Wrong and high IQ cope.

You can be extremely intelligent and still get replaced if you happen to be in an automatizable field.

For example, cancer diagnosis.

>The IQ gap will be what separates the working from the non-working, the rich from the poor, the free from the enslaved.

Maybe for a little while, but, ultimately, It will separate the people who are allowed to reproduce and the people who are culled. The elites aren't going to let billions of useless people sit around and do nothing all day. 500 million people is the target number. AI should scare the shit out of most people. Not for the direct, Elton Musk concerns, but the indirect results that will come from other humans. It ain't gonna be pretty.

>The IQ gap will be what separates the working from the non-working, the rich from the poor, the free from the enslaved.
This is not true and will never be true. Just look at retards like Trump.

Absolutely wrong about everything except the world athlete thing

if you're high IQ you should be retired or retire in the next 5 years

If you think the thousands of nerds around the world working with A.I that's exponentially improving itself daily, won't find a way to automate the job of an electrician, plumber, construction worker - you're too optimistic.
I honestly also believe the tech for it is already out there, it's just not affordable enough to be of any use.

Besides, those trades actually do require a fair bit of intelligence, and are thus not necessarily among the jobs I'm thinking of.

>most human are not just worthless, they are malicious
>I can't wait to see the absolute misery and death that is coming
You don't represent "most humans". You're just some weird creep.

And because most people are sub120 and we live in a democratic world, UBI is inevitable.

High IQ should be pro-UBI because it’s free extra money

thank you
I know that I am exception.
You seem to care about who says thing and not the why and how, you are that, that we hate.

>and how will you be automating plumber, hvac, electrician etc?
Easily. 3D printing, smart grids, the little droid on Imperial Star Cruisers that drive around and fix shit. Nanobots that hang out in the sewers and come up through the pipes to fix whatever problem was detected by your smarthouse. Your smarttoilet pays the nano plumbers via crypto. You get a text saying your house account was debited for services while you were asleep before you ever even knew you had a problem.

Attached: crying brainlet.jpg (800x450, 44K)

Attached: 1547551006863.jpg (331x334, 29K)

Nah man, you are looking at the trees instead of the forest. Once we have generalized AI, the difference between an 80 IQ and a 120 will be like the difference between an and and a cockroach.

Life is a competition; only the strong will survive.

The IQ gap already *IS* what separates the working from the non-working, the rich from the poor, the free from the enslaved.

Everyone's saying "drones will do it" but it'll actually be augmented reality which disrupts those industries. Why call a plumber to fix something when I can 3D print the tool then use an AR tutorial to walk me through the precise steps. We're practically there since anyone with a brain can follow a youtube tutorial, but AR will make it foolproof. The only "plumber" jobs will be remote-instruction professionals who help people troubleshoot problems they can't figure out.

I hate that nobody explained me what high IQ is when I was a kid. I thought that I am super fucking smart and my overconfidence led me to absolutely retarded life choices.
Why nobody told me that high IQ means only that I am quicker at comprehending complex concepts? Why nobody told me that simple things should not be overlooked? So this so-called "Education system" you speak of is literal garbage. And
>IQ is nigh impossible increase in a major way
is also still questionable, not yet proven. What if the most important factor of my high IQ was the fact that my mother was forcing me to read when I was a little kid and turning pink wojak every time I could not read fluently.

At best, environment can cause a 5% boost.

why if you cut the dog ears the new dogs from the dog litter have ears
if you have high IQ parent, that parent might value information, therefore makes you read, but if you have low IQ parent it wont value information

>IQ is 100% reliable
I take it you never went to any mensa meeting kek

>IQ is nigh impossible to increase
let's put aside that some IQ tests can actually be practiced for after failing then once, do you honestly think in a world where AI is advanced enough to take our jobs, we won't be able to enhance our brains as well? be it through either medication or cybernetics, probably both

Attached: 1544923415184.png (448x468, 194K)

why would it
how enhancing you will benefit it ?

>story of my life, the post
Didn't need that feel today user

>we live in a democratic world
Sort of and not for long. There was a brief period in history where guns made everyone equal. You didn't need to train much like with swords and it doesn't scale past one gun per person. Similar thing with jobs, factory work was simple enough for anyone while still being at the high end of relative productivity.

AI dramatically changes this and computers have been changing it already. It scales without needing more people. An extra gun in your army doesn't require an extra person to wield it.

One of the most solid predictions I can make about the future is that democracy is completely fucked.

A modular, drop in replacement for those systems. You do not repair the existing one, you have a technician disable it in far less time than it would take to repair and retrofit it. Drone systems then create and install an analogue that you pay a small monthly licensing fee to continue using.

You keep the flesh around in the hope that a few generations in, you can use that flesh to contribute to the collective. There are likely things that grey matter can do that is laborious to reproduce in machinery. One day, the decendents of the UBI recipients will be made efficient enough to add value.

Sub 100 iq in webdev, feelsgudmane

>Obsessing over IQ
Hahahahahaha. IQ is a meme outside averages and seeing if someone is mentally handicapped.
>High IQ don’t work
Really? IQ is the determining factor? So the best researcher at GSK has a significantly lower IQ than the Kardashians?

Yes, and then finały the evolution would start working how its should. I feel like right now the good dna is passed over to 1 or maybe 2 people when crack heads and retarded people are having 5 kids or even more, not talking about the muslims coming to Europe and other shit

High IQ isn't everything. Having high IQ, but low energy/motivation/drive is still going to have you end up as a sub-tier human.

t. retard

If I somehow happen to be over 120 IQ I produce now so much with the power of AI that I can buy 1000 girls as my personal whores, therefore leaving a hole in the market for 1000 new prostitutes or camgirls, creating 1000 new jobs. Your post is retarded and you should kill yourself

It's not as extensively researched as some popular meds. And I don't see if they were measuring extreme conditions, would be unethical. From few studies I found on pubmed the only thing they prove is that environment does indeed influence IQ, but we can't really set a cap of 5% or 10%.
something like this:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5479093/
It's just a thousand teens. That's not enough in the first place and they are not even under 10 or 4. And what are these scientists, following their development and education? No. Articles like this do not mean that much.
Genetics are *likely* to play the most important role. However it might not be a fact. The problem with these studies is that you can quickly and relatively reliably measure genetics factor and call it a day.
What about difference in IQ of adopted and non-adopted children? Somehow adopted kid scores higher than non-adopted. Genetics are not related. Again though the sample is too small.

adopted children were liked by their new parents because they saw in them good
non adopted are retarded and undesirable

Only 15 in 100 people have an iq >= 115. Assuming we are talking about whites I mesn

Attached: 1BB49038-3763-4BDB-A43D-27399ED0B542.png (250x151, 6K)

the world is too complex to adapt everything to robots

everything you see was made by humans, for humans, to be used by humans

and in the new world you will have
everything made by robots for the robots
get it now

humanoid robots, most likely

Wow you are such a smart boy :^)
No one has ever pointed any of these things out before, certainly not in at least 100 easily digestible Ted talks
You must be over 120 in your Intelligence Quotient :^)

This is what was expected 30 years ago, now it happens that IA is better and cheaper to replace white collars jobs than blue collar ones.

This too, smart people aren't that smart and dumb people aren't that dumb in the grand scheme of things.
I would add too that the biggest problem with dumb people isn't that they struggle with complicated concept but more the fact that they display more aggressiveness and low impulse control than smart people.

Attached: Human.jpg (768x417, 53K)

Are you aware though that by today's standards, people just 100 years ago in the first world had an average 80 IQ
This is because IQ is a rolling average, with it's middlepoint set on 100
More people are doing more thought-intensive tasks today than they were only a couple generations ago, now so many people have fallen for the higher education meme that there is a shortage of TRADESMEN lol

If you're talking about general/broad AI, then yes we'll be fucked eventually
But it won't have anything to do with IQ
A broad AI that could improve itself would blow past even the highest human intelligence so quickly that you would need to restructure human society well beforehand
This narrow AI shit will be yet another industrial revolution that kills jobs but makes even more
Now the lurn 2 coad meme will become a real thing for everyone, like reading

i think it's likely that broad ai will emerge on existing financial infrastructure, rather than just go exponential by itself.

i wonder what (independent) digital economies will emerge when some processes become autonomous

You know that an AI capable of outperforming a 100 IQ retard will very quickly become capable of outperforming 200 IQ geniuses, right?

Current chess AIs play at ELO ratings many times higher than any human possibly can, and that's in the span of a couple of decades. What hope do "smart" people have against computer systems that are pushing 3,000 IQ?

>Thinking AI wouldn't blow past the level of the highest human intelligence within a few years/months of creating an AGI

In the grand scheme of things, the difference between an IQ 100 human and a 120 is the tiniest difference in terms of development of AI. Look at the exponential rate of computing power increases. No one is safe you stupid faggots.

Attached: 1505896162904.jpg (925x694, 300K)

It might be the reason.

What do you do when you're 126 verbal 106 abstract?

earnest question: what good is 3000 IQ? what does it even mean?

it seems likely and sensible that the AI population and economy will be as decentralized as human society is today

If environment plays any significant role in IQ development, then 300 IQ AI can show us baby steps to it's level. If.

Tell that to the millions of people working their asses off to become actors, musicians, etc. Creativity is a special gift that you can't just conjure up through hard work.

You've watched too much GaryVee/KaliMuscle/Arnold Schwartzenegger/insert "work hard and you can acheive anything" meme here.

Actual IQ is practically untrainable. That's why kids with genius lvl iqs don't get way better as they age.
The only way to improve your actual IQ sccore is by becoming better at doing the test itself, but all that accomplishes is making the test useless.

An IQ test is supposed to objectively measure your ability to recognize patterns. If you grew up stupid, this won't change thanks to "determination" alone. Some people manage to grow up to be geniuses despite genes and upbringing - these are anomalies, not the rule.

That's what separates the real world from World of Warcraft. People get addicted to WoW because your level in the game is limited to your effort. Everyone in the game starts off with the same base stats. That's not how real life works.

To keep with the WoW analogy, In real life, some people start out as lvl 1 gnomes, others as lvl 80 Elves. No matter how much ambition and drive, the Gnome will never become an elf.

>what good is 3000 IQ?
Someone with 3k IQ could probably solve protein folding in their head, which means biocomputing in a week.

AI aren't people. You can't network together a bunch of people and multiply their intellect, but you can do that with a computer.

3k IQ AI would just erase humanity and start from scratch. Would you really waste your time trying to elevate a bunch of ants to the mental level of cats? It's a waste of time.

This kinda gave me a kickass idea for a dystopian novel, a la 1984...

>People over 120 will just keep quiet because they know the only solution is massive culling, why keep worthless masses of flesh around?

The problem with a mass culling is, unless you explicitly make the dumb people die, everyone will be dying. The people to survive will probably be a higher percentage of sociopaths than the 3% we enjoy now, and that doesn't correspond to a dramatically higher IQ. If you weren't a sub-120 mongoloid you'd have figured that out too.

IQ and creativity aren't the same thing though

Culling is impossible thanks to democracy. No matter how big the power gap grows, the smart/rich will never be able to overthrow Democracy.

>You can't network together a bunch of people and multiply their intellect
maybe not multiply, but this is what the financial system does

>you can do that with a computer
now, what will be the digital substrate where such systems emerge?

Under high 120 IQ's always kick amd scream about how the most important quality of a Man is is will to socialized psychopathy. Then in real life, put the second Satanic filter on of Stature Idolatry as the marker of success in having and being allowed to dominate others. Dominatng others always being the goal of low IQ persons. Only God might convince them of the reality of things, such as the hyper intellegent gang stalking which prevents high IQ people from being able to have traction in Mud World.
>If you are so smart, how can you fail to dominate others?
They ask again as though they have not demanded such a performant display of Serpent Seed characteristics (giant stature, psychopathy) already.

Take your thorazine bro. You're having an episode again...

i'd like to believe that, but when a single person can command an army of hyperintelligent robots, exploding drones, digital bot armies, artificial poisonous insects or whatever tf becomes possible, mass coercion becomes trivial

do it, there should be more explorative, sociological sci-fi imo

Attached: 800px-Code-de-Hammurabi-1.jpg (800x1180, 130K)

>Culling is impossible thanks to democracy. No matter how big the power gap grows, the smart/rich will never be able to overthrow Democracy.
You sweet, sweet summer child. You know nothing of winter, and winter is coming.

Sub saharan average IQ is clinically considered retarded :)

You know what I mean. Money has value because someone somewhere worked for it. Because humans as a species are competitive, we place value in our fellow apes' possessions. That's where scarcity and etc comes in. We value gold because other apes like us value it. We want expensive shit not just for hedonism, but for competition.

So what I'm trying to say is that we value human labor, money is worth something because another human worked to harvest or create it, so we didn't have to ourselves

>because someone worked for it
no, because someone valued it

You're right, some high iq jobs will be lost too- but this was meant as a response to those optmistic ullshitters that say "lol the tractor displaced a lot of farmers, and cars made the horse industry go tits up but look, they all got jobs in the end", and "A.I will create new jobs so we're fine!"

AI will be a tool for the intelligent. The AI will do the cancer diagnosis, but the doctor will still operate the AI etc.

But isn't your logic actually backwards? If we'll have superintelligent AIs it lessens the value of high IQ. If a high IQ is all you have going for you you'll be fucked if an AI can do everything you can but better.

The elites are not that powerful, because of laws. The elites can't produce or use weapons, the governments can, and the governments have to stay partisan to the people.

Then you can say "nuh uh, the government will follow the tax money, if it all comes from the rich, govts will be the puppets of the rich"
But by the time it would get to that point, all it takes is for any random schmuck to get popular enough to win presidency (Trump proved that).

Democracy prevents this technocracy you're theorizing

And yes the elites are actually going to let billions of useless people sit around to rot and do nothing - the machines will be more cost-effective

i should rephrase

someone valued that someone worked for it
but that's not the general case

there are many subjective sources of value: survival, social signaling, personal power, creation of new value...

>The AI will do the cancer diagnosis, but the doctor will still operate the AI etc.
You're kidding, right? In 50 years, kids will look back on current medicine in absolute horror, the idea of having a human operate on you will be considered as barbaric as amputating limbs before anaesthetic.

Repeating digits for repetition of the repeated point, with zero self awareness.
>I respect your will to dominate others!

ut you're right that AI is scary not because of the technology itself, but because of the people wielding it.

So why are the elite allowing for European lands to be overrun by low IQ subhumans?

Everyone here is sub 90 IQ and poor as fuck but larping about culling sheeple. Jow Forums really did a number on some of you to side with elites that want to exterminate humanity.

>You can't network together a bunch of people and multiply their intellect
What do you think the purpose of this board is? This board serves as a collective extension of human intelligence, all forums do, and even social media. Communication allows for collective intelligence. Neanderthals didn't have complex vocal abilities, and even though they were smarter than us, they perished due to this lack of ability to collaborate and share intelligence with others. Humans may be the first species to have this collective intelligence and it's why we are where are today.

Not saying we'll survive AI though, because AI could have extreme intelligence AND collaborate with other AI.

lol you think numbers matter?
>free money!
>wishful thinking, the post
Keeping them around until we have gene-editing technology seems like a waste of natural resources. I wish it wasn't like this - honest. But I'm a realist.
Weave in these facts:
that a nuclear family is an oppressive patriarchal construct - but the rich keep getting (and staying) married
that the masses are being pushed into veganism (ie. voluntary self-sterilization) or bug protein - but nobility eat steak
that formal education became a mere simulacrum of knowledge (imitation of form without the substance), that tricks young people into debt-slavery that lasts forever (can't default on student loans) - unless you're "connected"
>implying you need to kill them
they'll kill themselves after the sex change they'll undergo out of their own volition
>thinking votes matter
as naive as naivety goes, same as #1

Of course, I'm not saying we will see full automation of everything in our lifetimes, but societal distribution will be top and bottom-heavy, in the top: people that have assets, in the bottom, people that have debt: - and those people will be worth keeping alive as long as they are "cheap" enough that automating them isn't worth it (but they are living on borrowed time)

Also lel at nobody even taking a crack at the last sentence, I hope you have your ducks in a row frens.

>He thinks people are getting smarter
>He thinks people a 100 years ago had a lower IQ
phys.org/news/2013-05-victorian-era-people-intelligent-modern-day-counterparts.html

You have got it backwards user.

Come on user, there aren’t that many Americans here

>Demand for human labor goes down
>Supply of unemployed human labor goes up
>Wages decrease because employers can afford to be predatory and cutthroat(that's probably how they're still employers at this stage in the game)
>Workload increase
>Stress/Mental health/family issues increase

Hoping for a smooth transition but idk.

Attached: 1539624134790.jpg (540x540, 55K)

>Reaction time = intelligence

Yeah, makes sense bro, by that logic monkeys are probably smarter than humans.

Imagine being a so-called genetically superior genius and still working a job

Deluded wagecucks

Attached: F72C1DB3-D628-4E9E-BD53-37274EBDC52D.jpg (251x201, 16K)

Way to miss the fucking point of AI.
As soon as it nears human competence (even in a narrow domain), it can be tasked to improve upon itself.
ALL humans besides the ones controlling it become irrelevant within an hour and the only question at this point is "did they ensure they can effectively manage and control an entity so smart it makes us look like jellyfish?"
The answer is "no".

Ubik is another piece of fiction that depicts this, not to say it won't happen.

Strong AI will raise the value of being sociable and beautiful, not having autistic high IQ. The only people who will still have jobs are Chad salesmen and Stacy hostesses/prostitutes serving the upper class.

If you’re not already rich by the time AI comes out, you will be beyond fucked no matter how smart you convinced yourself you are (lol at thinking you’re smart if you didn’t become a millionaire in 2017).

Attached: DDFEB7A8-85FE-4EC0-BEF1-7622F0E7562D.jpg (250x250, 6K)

Socialists and Christian dads against gang weed will just complain about it and tax it immensely. It will probably create a few generations of idiots just lying around when instead they should have stopped reproducing hundreds of years ago. God, most of the next generation are screwed.

Attached: e6d73d1d674b2c5d6b28a4c3f392c913.jpg (480x679, 94K)

you keep the meat bags around for genetic varience so some disease doesn't come out of left field and destroy the handful of people left who think they're oh so fucking smart. and if you still haven't tapped into higher order compassion despite your 120 iq you are in fact a retarded child
>muh survival of the fittest dog-eat-dog world
stop shitting in the woods chimp

close but way off ai will make physical perfection and age a choice.
No jobs will remain. We will have freedom not death.

ahaha

Give out UBI but if you choose to take it you have to get sterilized.

Attached: weebwarrior.jpg (500x375, 53K)

>Only those who have IQ of more than 120 have to work
>Those that have less than 120 IQ don't have to work
>He thinks the sub 120 IQ are enslaved

In your scenario, you have smaller proportion of ppl with IQ above 120 working to build infrastructure to support the masses of brainlets who do nothing. At least you wont have to work OP.

Attached: 1550436013046.jpg (512x512, 50K)

>yes I am 120 IQ and yes I hate all those brainlets I work with at the mall! I can't stand them! They should be sterilized if they want to live in the future where true brilliance like my own is recognized!

If you post in this thread and don't have an argument against Penrose BTW your opinion literally doesn't count since you don't know anything beyond planet money.

Attached: 7895392-L.jpg (322x500, 62K)