Can't find a job

I live in Toronto,Canada and I've been job searching for around 2 months now, I'm well educated with a background in Economics and Finance. I've even been denied by an employer that said im overqualified, like how the fuck?

I've had so many interviews maybe like 10 total out of the 100 applications I've done, got more coming up to. Im seriously worried I won't find a job , thinking of taking classes in French to help out my prospects.

What do?

Attached: Screen_Shot_2018-02-06_at_3.37.14_PM.png (1600x948, 610K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jawzrsize.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=kyWFpsAnVuI
youtu.be/qTk-69f64KU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bamp

Attached: 1548260713193.png (485x443, 27K)

Build a portfolio website and be willing to broaden your horizons. I was living in a major tech center but ended up taking a tech job in a smaller city after 4 months of constant struggle to break into the industry in my city.

Hey buddy how are you in terms of communication and selling? Salary expectations? Previous work experience? Are you looking for a quant job or something that requires people skills? Do you look like a neet?

At the end of the day, a large part of getting a job is your network, but if you’re as desperate as you say I’m sure you wouldn’t mind going into a little more detail about your qualifications

Are you a fresh grad or do you have experience? What type of jobs are you applying to?

I'm great in terms of communications and selling. I've worked multiple customer service jobs since I was 15 up till I graduated university. I've graduated a year ago I'm 23 and I've got one year of office experience. On my resume right now I've got written that I'm working as a property manager which is true.

Salary Expectations - $40,000 CDN . I worked a full year as a junior financial analyst when I was a student and put uni on pause to actually work. I created a statistical forecasting model that we tied into our budget, i did all the monthly require less (JE's,REC's,financial statements,etc).

I'm looking for any job desu but I've been applying alot to financial analyst rolls, accounting clerk, and other stuff along those lines.

I do not look like a neet, I work out all the time and I'm well groomed.

Are you applying for entry level positions senpai?

>" I did all the monthly requirements"

I did not type fucking desu in that sentence IDK how it appeared I think Grammarly autocorrected one of my words.

Are your problems because of your jawline?
jawzrsize.com/

Attached: 1551385589968.png (300x300, 85K)

Ya, I'm applying for entry-level jobs using LinkedIn and Indeed. Should I be using other websites as well?

I've got an interview coming up Tuesday for an AR analyst role.

I have a fairly strong jawline. I don't believe this scam anyways even if i didnt.

Attached: 23058732058.jpg (525x700, 61K)

I got my first office job at 17 and was promoted to a supervisor position after a month. It was the first job I applied for.

Okay boomer

>jawzrsize.com/
just chew gum, pussy

L E A R N
E
A
R
N

Yes but what?

I ended up getting my current job from Indeed but it was by far the worst site to apply on, the ratio of applications to responses is worse than any other job board. Make sure to go on your local government job sites too

Move away from Toronto, fuck that shithole. I switched fields because all the jobs available to me were in Toronto, Missasuaga and Sarnia paying like 18 bucks an hour kek fuck that

To where?

I'm on the brink of just joining the military if in 3 months I don't find a job even though it will kill my family to know I'd be joining.

Attached: images.png (251x201, 7K)

>I'm well educated
>Lolronto
>Economics and Finance
This is bait right? "Well indoctrinated" is more like. You need to take the red pill on Western education. Its purpose is not to help you find a job...
youtube.com/watch?v=kyWFpsAnVuI
...unless you're doing STEM. And thats only incidental due to the highly technical nature of it. They're working very hard to make STEM as dogmatic as everything else. It's not some grand conspiracy, just the natural progression of a society.

Attached: serveimage.png (500x899, 230K)

Stop trolling.

Economics is heavily based in Mathematics and Science like I said I've used my education before to make statistical forecasting models. I've taken Econometrics courses , idk what you're thinking about but my degree isnt equivalent to an early childhood education degree.

How about moving? Everyone always thinks they need to move to Toronto to fucking make it. Try somewhere else.. broaden your scope.

>french

Basically anywhere is better than Toronto. Vancouver is the only place more expensive and is a lot nicer but I still wouldn't live there. Go somewhere cheap and rural. More demand, and the low cost of living will essentially double your salary. I moved to Thunder Bay area then to Moncton.

Also nothing wrong with the military if you have a degree. You can be an officer and make decent money

Cdn military is good money. You have a degree so go direct entry.. you'll instantly make like 40k as a naval cadet/officer cadet. Couple years 50k then 75+ after like 4 years.

>I've even been denied by an employer that said im overqualified

Apply to a better position then. Don't know what the big mystery is here.

A 10% interview rare I pretty good. I got 1 after 120 applications lol.

Torontonian here. Our job market is fucked to hell. Get out.

>Salary Expectations - $40,000 CDN
You realize you can't live in Toronto with that low salary, right? Cost of rent without living with shitskin roommates is $18,000 a year alone. And that's for a small box that will make you want to kys

>I'm well educated with a background in Economics and Finance

What are your cross-disciplinary skills? If all you can do is speak english and apply what you have learned in uni after getting good grades, you are everything but overqualified for entry-level jobs. After working for a year, you will know what I mean.

Are you able to code or handle databases? A shitload of economists need to be able to do this, yet a surprising amount of them only "know a bit R".

Is controlling an option? Skills in cost accounting is actually very rare outside of Europe.

Send me an email at [email protected] and we’ll take it from there. Keep in mind that I cannot promise anything.

>Economics is heavily based in Mathematics and Science.
Yes I'm well aware. However, the level of technical reasoning and spatial IQ required pale in comparison to something like computer science or a mathematics degree. That in combination with the fact that it borders philosophy and politics enough that the Cathedral has already succeeded in turning it. Pic related also has a BA in econ from Boston U. How do you think she demonstrates zero understanding of the basic laws of economics? Employers understand all this. Rest assured. That's probably part of why you're having trouble. On top of that, why are you under the impression that lolronto or Trudeau's Leafland in general have the economy to give you a job along with countless other econ majors? But even that's not all - did you forget diversity hiring is a thing? Are you a straight white cismale... in Toronto? TOPKEK

Attached: xuabayiqdcf21.jpg (640x640, 61K)

Addendum: do not consider yourself "overqualified", even HR tells you this as the "reason" for denying your application. This is simply for you to keep them in your mind in a positive way. They dont care that this often does more harm than good (incongruous statements and acts lead to self-doubt).

If they would consider you "overqualified", they would hire you. End of story.

Just keep looking for a job, after reading the whole thread, you are already in a quite good situation for someone fresh out of uni.

I'm really lucky that I've already got a place I've lived at for many years. The rent is cheap for me. $40K a year would do fine for me

HR didn't tell me that it was the lead of the finance department. Everything he described about the job I had already had experience with.

Attached: 1550378273630.jpg (471x388, 24K)

I know MATLAB and R , but I am not applying for those jobs. I'm going for financial analyst roles or accounting. I dont have any experience cost accounting I don't believe it would apply to me.

A short training period leads to less distraction time for the staff already familiar with specific issues. Especially in finance, where overtime is very common, this would be a dream come true.

Make what you want out of it, but you wont do yourself much good, if you believe this statement, be it from the CFO or someone from HR. Rejection of an application always means, that they got someone they thought to be better for the job, better fitting for the team or you to be not capable enough.

Ruling out the last point still leaves the other two. Does not mean you are bad at it, just mean that you should not give two cents at such statements. Every company I ever worked for told this to literally any fresh applicants from uni.

Financial analysts often need to use/create/maintain databases. Make yourself familiar with relational databases as well as OLAP-systems and you will have it a bit more easy to land a job (you will be surprised what a simple database can do). However, take care to not let you push into the BI-path, if you dont like to do this all day and keep it more analytical than technical.

when will boomers give real answers for their crimes??!
youtu.be/qTk-69f64KU

Attached: 1551235241178.png (434x327, 55K)

Honestly, I have no idea where to start to learn about databases.

Do you have something you collect?
Trading card games?
Books?
Video games?

Put as much information about something you like in a simple MS Access-database as you can shove into it.
Then normalize it.
Congratulation, you can normalize databases now.

Now try to copy this database using SQL - queries in the horrific SQL-editor that comes with MS Access only.

The rest comes quite natural with everyday use, databases are not that hard to learn and SQL is possible to practice on the mobile via several apps. Still it is not a skill you see often from a finance grad, while it is very, very handy in the job and no one would call it "overqualified", if a fresh grad know to use it.

Wow... this is awful advice. Why would an employer hire an econ grad for db work when they can get a cs grad for the same price that's going to be better at it? My advice if you're not trying to be an actual entrepreneur and hustle is to go back to school and get a masters in something that employers actually demand... like something IT. Online degrees in the field are cheap, actually designed for employment, and employers take them seriously now. It all sounds cliche but that's the reality now.

T O
O

CS grads will overcomplicate. Econ grads will get the job done in a hasty manner
t. VBA developer running circles around IT departments

Your jobs are being given to femanons, Toronto is the worst place to be a male

Time to transition male->female
DONT LET YOUR GENDER STAND IN THE WAY OF YOUR DREAM JOB

Are you white? If so economics and finance is not our game anymore, at least in low to medium levels.

>economics and finance
>not employment generally
Welcome to Canada in the current year friendo. If you’re not a Syrian refugee or a former child soldier from Afghanistan you’re s.o.l.

Pretty much, yea. I do sort of well financially and live just north of Toronto/commute...but I'm an electrician. Trades are still 90% white and almost entirely male. Even making 120ish a year is barely eeking out a pleasurable life in the GTA lol. It's sad.

Joining the Cad Military is not bad. Join the Navy, they still use the 1812 paddle boats. If a war breaks out it'll be over by the time you arrive.

I'm white and got a job 3 days ago.

It's not the job market. It's the shit degree you have in Economics and Finance.

There are so many people going in that field.
Choose a better fucking degree not something that's useless.

>Implying it wasn't in the last couple years

this. Unfortunately for OP, the qualifacations your bring are not in enough demand.

see I am learning to make smart contracts, because there is a large demand and not as much competition.

specialize in something more specific and maybe ull have better luck.

also Lolronto is absolutely fucked and 40k is pretty much poverty status.

I make 75k 2 hours outside of Toronto as a software developer with 3 years experience. Sorry OP. Find a start up you can be a "growth hacker" for or become a PM or something.

Make dream catchers and sell them on Etsy.

75k before taxes in CA is gas station clerk tier in the US.

>see I am learning to make smart contracts, because there is a large demand
Is there? Seems like a meme

I searched for 5 months and wasn't hired, went to multiple interviews

I've literally given up and stopped looking altogether

It is what it is. I was born in Ontario and I won't leave, so I have to make do.

Just wait till Trump ruins the value of the USD, the true ratio is 1:1.

If I was a US citizen and earned USD I would convert my USD to CAD.