SHOTS FIRED FROM FACEBOOK - LINKIES BTFO

My facebook crypto group is laughing at you all now.

Any linkies want to respond?

BEGIN FACEBOOK TRANSCRIPT

Simply? Chainlink is an unneeded piece. They add a piece in, then secure that piece and only that piece. If you don't add that piece in, you don't need to secure it. It's much better to just leave chainlink out of it, choose an oracle with care.
They use industry terms like "API" which is really just a data feed. They connect to the data feed, secure it as it feeds through them, and are connected into the smart contract. You don't need chainlink to connect to an API which makes them irrelevant and the only thing they're securing is the data when it's with them.
Each additional piece is another dependency and they don't increase the security of the underlying data feed or the smart contract. But buzzwords!

Also, choosing to use chainlink is choosing to have an oracle that can be changed out at anytime, the exact opposite of a true oracle.

Thoughts Jow Forums?

Attached: 0_TKGdLmKS-Boz-eb_.jpg (1000x470, 109K)

We will unironically make it, nothing can break a true marine. I spit at your pathetic attempt

He's right

Not selling, didn't read, putting thread on hide. Bitch

Thomas told us in slack that Sergey hopes link will have parity value with sergers, his name for burgers. Thomas said that Sergey makes the entire team ignore token economics and moons in favour of big Mac parity. Sergey calls this serger pattie.

I'm on your side frend I'm looking for smarter anons to respond with non meme answers

Damn user, they sound very knowledgeable and informed. Thank you for posting this insight, i just sold one hundred thousand of my tokens based on this analysis

Is this the first unironic FUD attempt? Does this person actually not own any LINK?

This guy might seriously kill himself when the singularity happens, I'm concerned for him.

This person clearly knows what they are talking about. What is this verbal diarrhea?

Attached: 1515712639812.png (817x891, 32K)

>having facebook

Attached: 1499981348420.jpg (1000x1014, 125K)

pp

Attached: 20181225_103810.png (1390x1658, 236K)

How do you access data feeds without chainlink then? What's your alternative?

On the surface it seems like good fud, but after reading it its clear the writer doesn’t grasp the concept. Select an individual oracle (like oraclize) - and open up to single point of failure. The whole point of a decentralized network of oracles is that you trustlessly source and aggregate answers; ie you have 10 oracles, so even if one is wrong or comprimised you still have the correct data provided. If oraclize goes down (lmao often) you’re fucked. Can’t guarantee high uptimes or security.

Also how is the data from an api getting into a smartcontract? Doing that shit by hand? Whats their plan to automate?

7/10 fud tho

Everyone but a couple idiots on biz know chainlink is vaporware

tl;dr = OP is a faggot

cringe fud desu. mid tier at best.

>My facebook crypto group is laughing at you all now.
GOOD. Too many weak handed normie fags stumbling into link now. We need a dump to cleanse the unbelievers.

Chainlink the next NXT. $0 soon.

well linkies then explain how LINK increases the security of the underlying data feed?

damn people still use facebook?

>my facebook
thats when i stop reading

Attached: 1546793294718.jpg (720x400, 157K)

Damn, you know your shit! I appreciate the research you've put into this and thank you for sharing it. I hope others seriously consider your warning.

wow obviously the person who wrote that knows jack shit to chainlink.
first of all chainlink isn't centralized, so it's not the company that owns the data. their code is open source and anybody could start and run a node.

second there is no other viable oracle solution. every other "solution" is years behind chainlink. also chainlink owns town crier, the defacto solution for TEE using SGX.

no one gives a shit about data feeds. in fact a chainlik node could go and make the verifications by itself and fetch the data.

for example a node could connect to a steam account and check that you've sent a game to account X. steam doesnt have to implement the AAPI, you could with SGX, give the node your password and the node will connect to your steam account and check that the game has been sent. if the node finds out that the game have been sent then it tells the smat contract to trigger the payment.

My facebook crypto group is laughing at you all now.
>AHAHAHAH YOU THINK YOUR FACEBERG IS AS SMART AS THE HACKER KNOWN AS Jow Forums
Any linkies want to respond?
>BRING IT ON I WILL EAT YOUR BALLS
BEGIN FACEBOOK TRANSCRIPT
>LOLNEWFAG CANT GREENTEXT
Simply? Chainlink is an unneeded piece.
>LOL
They add a piece in, then secure that piece and only that piece.
>YEAH THATS WHY IT IS SO AWESOME
If you don't add that piece in, you don't need to secure it.
>YOU SO DONT HAVE MY LEVEL OF SECURITY KNOWLEDGES
It's much better to just leave chainlink out of it, choose an oracle with care.
>WAITWHAT THATS AN OPTION???
They use industry terms like "API" which is really just a data feed.
>HOW DO YOU HAVE THIS INSIDER INFO
They connect to the data feed, secure it as it feeds through them, and are connected into the smart contract.
>SERGY???
You don't need chainlink to connect to an API which makes them irrelevant and the only thing they're securing is the data when it's with them.
>THIS CANT BE TRUE
Each additional piece is another dependency and they don't increase the security of the underlying data feed or the smart contract.
>THEY LIED TO US?!?!?
But buzzwords!
>YOUR SARCASM IS SO MEAN
Also, choosing to use chainlink is choosing to have an oracle that can be changed out at anytime, the exact opposite of a true oracle.
>ONLY SATISHO KNOWS THE TRUE ORACLE WHO ARE YOU
Thoughts Jow Forums?
>OMG SEL SELL BEFORE THIS GETS OUTAARHGAGARHARHRAARH

you tried so hard pumpkin, adorable.

>Facebook
Im sure your friend has no idea who Evan Cheng is.

im assuming none of you read the whitepaper?

Why would anyone explain why it's wrong?

Just let the normies think they're right and watch them fomo in at $10.

You wouldn't go correct everyone on Reddit if someone sent you a link to a crypto thread where people think link won't be valuable. So why argue with someone who will probably go back and tell his normie group?

Does your group also think frameworks are stupid? Chainlink will represent a network of blockchain agnostic, aggregated, collateralized data. With such a thing in existence, you'd have to be a complete mong to roll your own solution and point it at a single point of failure instead of the equivalent of a network address that yields a spot price based on many, known good and abstract providers.

Anyone who hurr durrs a decentralized institution or piece of infrasture deserves to be fired and embarrassed out of their profession.

Neets. Unpaid because they’re sucking cock for work. Eleventy of them then choose the median answer

>literally getting greentext the wrong way round
THIS is your mind on LINK

you dare calling yourself a marine you limp wristed faggot?

Attached: 1496593289695.png (572x572, 230K)

good thread guys, i count only 3 chainlink holders out of 30 posters that seem to know enough to counter ops post
lmao chainlink really does have a brainlet following

Attached: 1540078414933.jpg (497x640, 110K)

fuck just sold 100k
can't believe i ever trusted sir gay

This doesn't even make sense even if you try really hard to understand what the person's trying to say

A small mind is easily filled with faith.

Attached: sergey.jpg (188x267, 13K)

>My facebook crypto group of 15 year olds who don't understand business or technology
What a fucking hoot this board has become.

post the link dipshit let the wars begin.

Fuck em. Who cares.
Let them stay poor.

Blockchains, because of the way that consensus works, cannot access data that's not on chain. They also cannot provide meaningful outputs outside of shuffling tokens around/updating the big Excel spreadsheet in the sky. Smartcontracts need external inputs/outputs to be useful. So they need a third party to bring the data. Chainlink does that in an end-to-end decentralized proveably secure way.

When are these poor fags gonna realize decentralized data is its own separate layer. The method of getting consensus on a blockchain conflicts with getting consensus on the outside world data

This kills the linky, fortunately.

Intel is the trusted 3rd party now. It no longer is a trust less or decentralized network of oracles

im looking for the guy that is more qualified than most anons

10/10 fud, applauded and poo in the loo pilled