>The 33 yo boomer who waits with cash for "the big house crash"

enjoy inflation eating up your savings, faggot

Attached: 1530205722900.jpg (546x512, 89K)

It is an ironically happening right now. 3 months ago my parents put in an offer on a house 45,000 underneath the selling point . It was accepted but then my parents Backed out. And now the same house Is selling for 40,000 less than what they offered

Attached: 1544664449690.jpg (730x1098, 169K)

33 is the best age. 18 year olds cant stop sucking 33 year old dick

>cracks open a Monster
>ahhh

What city, state was that?

inflation is literally a spook that bernanke made up to get you to invest your money in chinese carpet manufacturers. it has never existed

Most boomers planning to do that have stacks of silver

Most people who do that are holding bonds. Government bond yields are higher than the expected inflation in the US at the moment.

Last I checked, the banks are discussing negative interest rates here in the U.S. so even though you already pay them with inflation, you will most definitely be getting a rapeing with NIR. We are talking -10% where $100 this year will only be worth $90 next year upfront without inflation factored into the equation

Might wanna check again. No offense, but you don't seem to understand what you're talking about. The FED isn't talking about negative interest rates and it's litereally impossible for interest rates to be -10%.

>Does not have money ready to take advantage of the oldest and most secure investment, real estate.
>Does not think a housing crash will happen
>Not going to make it
Good luck fren!

source

Attached: 1551239233452.png (645x729, 42K)

u wot

>Last I checked, the banks are discussing negative interest rates here in the U.S

Attached: 1533578376675.jpg (812x1024, 61K)

The rate at my bank is 2.00%, so inflation isn’t exactly eating it up. Also, imagine it was getting “eaten up”, worst case scenario you’d have to work how long to make up the difference? Another week?
And I’m 31 thank you.

He's right though, NIR are coming to the US.

Can confirm that the market has softened significantly and lowball offers are being accepted by certain sellers who see the writing is on the wall.
The only question is, how far will the floor fall out once the boomer normies realize we have peaked.

I would not fall for this meme. Cash is king, and you can buy crypto at discount prices before liftoff

so you're buying bonds then? btw this is a test to confirm if you're retarded

37 year old boomer here. Have built up my down payment amount and am now patiently waiting for a recession & drop in house prices.

The sweet spot for me is a few months into the recession, when the housing market is hurting and the Fed lowers the interest rate in order to steer us out of the bottom of the cycle. That's the sweet spot for home buying.

I'd be devastated if I finally made a home purchase, only to see the value plummet 20% down right after. I can wait 6 to 15 months, it's not a big deal. There's already several pre-recession signals. Cities are beginning to save money in expectation of a recession. Australia has already officially entered one.

Real inflation is closer to 6%-8% per year, except for colleges, medical insurance, etc which has increased more like +10%. The government systemically underreports inflation and unemployment to hide the fact that we are all getting poorer because they don't want civil unrest.

> Cranks AC/DC

Softening and slowdown are not equivalent to a crash. If the market crashes it'll be because Trump does something fucked and stock markets crash. We will not see another recession due to the same causes as 2008. Sales have slowed down because of rising interest rates and home prices. If you're waiting for some kind of miracle recession you're likely going to be waiting a long time. In most markets you'll see continued growth, just at a slower rate. Interest rates might drop at the end of the year making it a better time for a mortgage, but outside of that if a housing crash happens it's because the larger economy is fucked and you'll have much bigger problems to worry about.