Why it's so quiet about FOAM?

Any thoughts why everyone ignores this project?

Just read this placeholder.vc/blog/2019/2/12/foam

Attached: 1_SlSwghqCOpERawumYEWeog.png (2000x660, 689K)

Other urls found in this thread:

placeholder.vc/blog/2019/1/5/the-cryptoeconomic-circle
urbit.org/primer/#azimuth-distribution
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

that’s a good writeup. shame there’s no volume on idex or is but a bag.

>is but
i’d buy*

fuck

Yes, only fake volume on Bilaxy and a little bit on Polo...

I think the reason is that people don't understand what is Foam about. Technically it`s very advanced project about triangulation with LoRaWAN devices to bring Proof of Location to smart-contracts and to be cheaper and decentralized alternative for GPS.

- first Token Curated Registry project with mainnet (correct me if I'm wrong?)

- One of the few projects where token actually needed.

- No paid shillers and scam VC's.

- fair ICO with no bonuses. Proof of use period for all - VC's and regular investor without any exceptions.

- Under ICO price.

But it's absurd that this project don't have attention anywhere. Peolple buying scam shilled by paid scamers to help scammy VC's to make money. C'mon peolple, it's 2019 already. Let's support projects that actually trying to build something usefull.

What was the ico price?

Attached: 2019-03-06 22_49_44.png (938x264, 19K)

8 cents but it didn't hit the hard cap so everyone got a 50% bonus. So closer to 5-6 cents

I bought 10k at ICO and another 100k on bilaxy recently. Just accumulate for the next few years.

This is in my top 5 favorite projects and will probably pull a 1000x at some point.

Attached: l17.jpg (899x617, 247K)

Buy on Bilaxy and immediately withdraw to your own wallet. the bilaxy chinks have okay customer service but you still can't trust them.

I made points on their map. It’s actually really cool. They need people creating apps that use their map though

It's cool but like all utility tokens it doesn't really need to be worth anything.

Attached: FOAM.png (727x541, 516K)

It actually does need to be worth quite a bit for the TCR to be anything more than a meme map.

check this post, maybe you missed something about tokenomics if you think that's useless utility token placeholder.vc/blog/2019/1/5/the-cryptoeconomic-circle

user you do know they just write these reports so people like you buy their bags, right?

How else could they make a profit?

Of course people are going to shill their bags, that's what OP is doing too. This project actually has serious potential though.

It pretty much is a meme map. It's so far away from being useful for anything. The only points in my city are the ones I added myself. I was really looking forward to this but seeing that the amount of token holders has only increased by 300 since the end of the proof of use period is extremely disappointing.

>Of course people are going to shill their bags, that's what OP is doing too.

Ok yeah true

>This project actually has serious potential though.

I just read it over...and I see what you're saying. The only thing I don't like is it requires people to continue buying FOAM for its Price to go up...I believe there's only room for 1 successful Crypto Ponzi...and that is Bitcoin

As it stands they are meme tokens on a meme map. For it to be useful it needs to cost way more than $1 to make a PoI. Someone literally made one for a pile of shit. These guys will keep building throughout the bear market. It's going to be a few years before anyone really hears about this.

sure, but someone can shill you useless scam tokens with empty github etc on 10x, i shill you cool tech way below ico price to not to sleep on this one. Feel the difference user :)

I hope you're right. Either way I'm going to keep my tokens locked in signals and PoIs until it either goes to zero or gains significant adoption.

Make no mistake, Coinbase will be eventually listing this token. ZRX and BAT are fundraising scams that got listed just based on the utility token meme. They removed it from their potential listings but they are also shameless scammers who participate in insider trading and dump on their normie userbase.

you mean their previous list interest? i keep it in mind too

Attached: cb.png (695x464, 80K)

XRP literally fails the listing standard that THEY published. I can't tell you with absolute certainty that FOAM will be listed but I do know a few coins that I know are getting listed from insider tips. Hashgraph and Tezos are two of them.

Their proof of location (PoL) is done with loads of individual devices. To even get a small geographical area to a decent coverage you may need hundreds of thousands of them.
Not happening.
Why build new infrastructure when the existing one is better?

What are the use cases that would benefit from a decentralized PoL? Think about that.
How many proofs over what time in which locations would they need?
Supply chain tracking?
It doesn't scale to do this on a blockchain.
They don't even leverage location privacy.

People buying this indicate to me the market still has too much dumb money.

>Their proof of location (PoL) is done with loads of individual devices. To even get a small geographical area to a decent coverage you may need hundreds of thousands of them.

Please do some research about LoRa devices first and how it works.

>Why build new infrastructure when the existing one is better?

It`s not. Actually GPS is controlled by US gov and you even can't imagine how much problems we'll get if it fails.

>What are the use cases that would benefit from a decentralized PoL? Think about that.
How many proofs over what time in which locations would they need?
Supply chain tracking?

How about Indoor navigation, as an example?

>It doesn't scale to do this on a blockchain.

It does. Because zone anchors will be running on Tendermint/Cosmos. Again do some more research on th project...

>People buying this indicate to me the market still has too much dumb money

Sorry, but you already showed that you don't know nothing about FOAM in your previous questions :)

FOAM is one of the most advanced projects in the space. Quietly launched fair token sale and straight to main net.

It does not matter if the Map is not taking off right now, look at how sophisticated of a blockchain app it is. Features can keep being added and upgraded... meanwhile, it is on MAIN NET

Beyond that, follow the radio work and Zone research. This protocol will be huge, but over your brainlet heads

its not a meme map, it is a demonstration of the TCR mechanism on main net. The entire point of the map is for applications to reference that data on chain. So now we need those applications.

Yeah, project is still under the radar to an extent and number of holders not sky rocketing but FOAM gets a lot of attention on crypto twitter and posts updates and new features every week as well as did game campaigns.

You are disappointed, what did you envision?

This. FOAM ftw

Just bought 100k

No one is arguing that the map is not a good proof of concept, but it is in fact a meme map and will be for quite some time.

>FOAM is one of the most advanced projects in the space.
It really is. Brainlets will not understand this until it is too late for them.

Lots of cool stuff brewing in the community discourse.foam.space

Good looks I haven't checked up on it in a while.

FOAM, Urbit and Handshake are literally all anyone needs to pick up this year to make it in the next 10 years.

100%. Feel fomo about all the 3

I deleted that post because one of them isn't out yet. We're going to make it though.

You mean Handshake? It sucks, user.

I know people involved with it personally. The ENS team is literally going to throw in the towel after this launches.

Looked it up and added it to my radar along with Foam. I am only accumulating BTC right now, but going to get a big bag of foam and possibly handshake now too once bull market is confirmed.

we'll see, Opera announced yesterday plans to support native ENS, as you probably know

Same, just going to accumulate BTC and ETH fir the rest of the year. I already have FOAM and Urbit stars so you guys can shill those all you want but please keep HNS on the down low. The last thing we need is autistic linkies hyping it before it goes live.

haha, agree

tfw too poor to buy an urbit star

I hope for everyone's sake that prices go down when more people start selling them. Not sure if they will ever get cheaper though they're gaining like 30 Twitter followers a day. I got mine pretty cheap but my friend market bought one the other day.

i was waiting since missing the first sale, i'm so salty. would have to liquidate more than half of my crypto holdings to buy one

It's also one if the few things I would take out a loan for if I had too. But I am an anonymous sperg on an anime image board so you absolutely should not take that advice.

neeting here so loans are out of question. desu if i had a real job the prices woudln't be that bad

>bring Proof of Location to smart-contracts
Link already solves this.
No complicated triangulation needed, just a few oracles who confirm

link has absolutely nothing to do with this, are you retarded?

Kek I'm convinced half of these linkfags are just larping at this point.
You're intelligent and will find a way to make it. You gotta get on your money grind though.

$5k for a star is fucked up considering there's 256^2 of them. I'll probably get one anyways though.

There's a lot fewer than 65k in circulation right now. A lot of galaxies haven't even spawned any stars yet. I got mine for $1k each before those retards bidding on the OpenSea auctions pumped the prices. Joshua started the first star auction at fucking 5 ETH and people FOMOd in and pumped it to 20. It's going to be difficult to find any at that price now.

That's what I'm thinking, would put the marketcap of stars at 327 million already which seems quite bloated. Of course it's not directly comparable to more fungible crypto assets but I'm still thinking there's a good chance for the price to come down when more people decide to sell. Many of them received stars for free.

I really hope you guys are able to get cheap stars. Tlon likely will not be having any more star sales due to SEC bullshit so I predict only richfags with accredited investor status will be buying galaxies from them.

You're right, forgot they couldn't all be out yet. Guess I'll wait.
urbit.org/primer/#azimuth-distribution

Ah fuck I didn't think of that. Kinda sucks for a good distribution of stars.

A lot of people haven't even claimed their assets on Ethereum. The explorer on OpenSea says there's only like 400 addresses holding Azimuth points.

Even less, it says only 217 points in existence wtf? That can't be right?

I think it's only points that are on OpenSea in some form. I can't find my own planet there.

Mine are there and were transferred via Bridge. Weird.

Got all the FOAM

Btw looks like it’s already in accumulation range. Nice pick user