Lying to get a job

Can I lie about an engineering job/internship abroad on my resume? Will they actually check if the job/internship is some small place in some backwater country (that I actually do happen to be in)?
It's been a year since I graduated with an engineering degree and all the listings say I need a year of experience or more a bunch of either crap I don't have in order to get a job. Plus I am actually out of the country because my family made me think they could get me a job there (they couldn't)

So I'm thinking about just lying my ass off. Look up projects and describe myself as doing them, get some basic understanding of every bullshit program they want, come up with a different stellar resume for every industry. Whatever else I can think of. If it doesn't work or I get blacklisted I kill myself

Attached: 1445762626403.jpg (300x360, 36K)

People don't do jack shit in software/real engineering internships. Literally manual testing most of the time. Just lie, half the places won't check and you'll get your foot in the door

Employer here. Once hired someone who lied about their experience. They did a pretty good job of bullshitting their way through the first week but there were lots of clues and red flags that they didn't have any experience. You're probably wasting everyone's time unless you've got the skills and can quickly adapt.

Best case you get the job and no one notices.

Worst case you end up in your current situation with no job.

>once hired someone who lied about their experience
No, you just once caught someone who lied about their experience. You've probably hired a dozen people who've lied about their experience, they're just better at hiding it or compensating.

While we're on the topic, I'm a junior engineer major and may have an internship this summer, will my graduating GPA matter that much with this experience? I have like a 3.2 or so as of now, but I also already have some job experience.

Attached: 1552413683651.jpg (228x228, 9K)

I graduated w a 3.4 and did fine, I think anything above 3 is good to go. Sub 3 needs a good story but can still make it

What did you study? If you’re a software engineer, post some of your projects on GitHub and put a link to your work front and center on your resume. Little tougher if you’re chemical / electrical / physical systems

Can't a mechanical engineer just post Autocad files or something?

Eh I’m a mechanical engineer. CAD was taught freshman year and can be done by anyone w software and a bit of practice. The real skill is in designing something clever or having higher level knowledge, like being good at heat transfer or just good personal skills. Personal skills partially got me my first job. Just tell a good story about something you did at the interview and you’re halfway home IMO

>a firm handshake

Like I said, if you've got the skills and can adapt it's irrelevant. I'm not really sure why you're all bent out of shape, long day at McDonalds?

>bent out of shape
Nah dude, you just stated your experience and I just stated mine. Tons of liars who slip through, especially in entry level technical positions.

Did you fire him?

Mechanical Engineer.

I need to get an interview first.

Are you in the US or where? I live in Texas and drilling companies might give you a shot in the field without prior experience if you just tell them bluntly “look I’ve been looking for a job for a year and just need a chance, I’ll bust my butt to prove myself”

I live in New York but I'm currently in a country in the caribbean

what's craig's list saying?

I did exactly what you said and it worked marvelously. I put made up experience from Russia and Germany. Even made a fake website for the German one. Put made up references with my own RU / DE SIM card numbers. Fake email addresses. No one tried to contact them tho.
Current job is federal: GS-11 step 8 in the US.
>Disclaimer: Resume and credentials were evaluated by boomers and girls named !Rayneesha! .

Did you only apply to one place?

i posted this in a /sci/ thread but i'll post here too
I'm 12 or so classes away from a BS in mechanical engineering, possibly pulling it off by may next year, but I've realized i'm 2 classes away from getting an AS in both electrical and civil engineering.

Would this even benefit me much in the future?

Having 3 degrees sounds nice, but wouldn't the BSME be the only relevant one when looking for engineer work?

I am not an engineer and have no experience in hiring. But I've read a lot on becoming an engineer as this something I am keen on. To answer your question, a bachelors is the minimum and only degree you need for most engineering jobs. An associate would open you up to some CAD monkey work.

can they check to see if you attended the clubs you say you attended on your resume?

what about charity events

Yeah, i just kinda figured they would compliment my bachelor's since different engineering disciplines are closely related.

I could see it detracting from my BSME though, those 2 classes are ones i'm already gonna take for my ME degree. I just have to go to community college and file the paperwork for the degree or whatever, and one extra class for the EE.

File the paper work for the CE*

Serious companies will check. If that club has a university domain website and the chairman's contact details then they'll probably contact him.

I poised as a fake reference for my friend to get a sales/customer service job after he came out of a bad depression. He got the job and years later it propelled him down a better path and he's doing well for himself now at an even better job that he earned himself.

Mileage on lying may vary. If you are lying about being able to do stuff you cant do it might blow up in your face.

Its possible to get the job, but do not expect to stay there for long as your lack of skills/ knowledge in the field. It will show and get you fired quite quickly. This depends on what kind of job it is tho.
This is a shitty example but I'm a mechanic so I am familiar with this: Here in Finland you need to have a mechanical engineering degree to work as a vehicle inspector lmao, its a real wagecuck job with shitty pay and anyone who worked as a car mechanic could do the job just as well, or probably better as they have more knowledge about repairs, usual parts that wears down etc.

Attached: maxr2211esdefault.jpg (1280x720, 167K)

I stay in Houston how would I go upon doing this