/smg/ - Stock Market General

Weekend Edition

>I'm new to the stock market, what stocks should I buy?
Before you buy anything, make a brokerage account and read investopedia articles and/or the books in the OP list. If you don't have a broker, you can't buy stocks and if you blindly buy things without understanding how the stock market works or doing any research on the individual stocks you're buying, you will lose money and it will be entirely your fault.

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg

List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
pastebin.com/y9PRQLR3

Earnings Report Calendars:
calendar.google.com/calendar/[email protected]
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

Boomer Investing 101
bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

Last time on Stock Market General:

Attached: 9004661smg.png (828x1002, 663K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cnbc.com/2019/02/24/kraft-heinz-reviews-options-for-maxwell-house-coffee-including-sale.html
outline.com/tWyvX8
etracs.ubs.com/product/list
insideevs.com/tesla-model-y-panoramic-glass-roof-video/
siliconinvestor.com/readmsg.aspx?msgid=32065069
seekingalpha.com/amp/article/4248981-research-frontiers-refr-ceo-joe-harary-q4-2018-results-earnings-call-transcript
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why, because of the lawsuit?

Buy Galt. Buy lci. That's all you need.

Attached: 1551618881578.gif (528x555, 816K)

What did he mean by this?

Attached: 4F70932E-C2FB-4A38-8C31-0F6D3BF882F6.jpg (519x412, 27K)

Attached: leapin.jpg (948x531, 113K)

SIRI

Attached: psssst.jpg (480x658, 42K)

>Black woman stock photo
Well I'm sold. Long black women.

>finally get to sell a new call on Monday

Attached: newpeople.jpg (462x582, 56K)

Stop already, Jesus. I’m gonna be spending all weekend analyzing this move.

Attached: CBE8256F-1174-4F97-B093-E8E6DD70810D.jpg (750x872, 168K)

>I’m gonna be spending all weekend analyzing this move.
The CEO and CFO bought up a metric shitload of shares when it was $1.75. I have a feeling they're not sweating the decision.

Buying KHC was a mistake.

Attached: 1521738855742.png (882x758, 16K)

> NTDOY

Big releases this summer.

Attached: pika.png (259x335, 77K)

because big banks will dump KHC to $28 if nominees buy

Attached: sweatysnaek.gif (364x489, 526K)

Yeah but I might be able to do something like sell at 6 and buy back at 2.5 on Monday depending on the motivation behind this movement.

It doesn't matter, NTDOY never maintains positive momentum

The dude weed had some fun with quadruple witching day. Some tickers pumped ~10% in the last five minutes, others dropped like lemmings from cliff. All on MOC orders. I put in some grimy low bids for the ones that dropped just in case there is some residual selling first thing Monday.

Attached: b3cc2bb141ff5a7.png (850x1168, 608K)

The market ended on a high note plus it's the weekend so I'm stoked! The only thing that could make it better is if I retired from my job and told my asshole boss and co-workers to suck my cock. But oh well one day that day will come and I'll be having lots of Profit and some hot 18 year old babe waiting for a double good ol whammy. Till then I'll just wait and buy up more T on the dippage. Such a fat divvy you can't find not at this cheap ass price am I right? Used to be CTL took the cake $2.16 per share in Divvys that would cost you only $16 per check. But then they decided to be losers and slashed the divvy more than half so investors retaliated by dumping there shit and switching to T as fast as they could haul ass.

if you ever underestimate the golden bull again, Ill kill you

Fresh del monte to 30

Attached: x66.png (303x256, 47K)

I want to see them to ruin my childhood, go completely freemium and be 100% about the bottom line.

Attached: Deku_Link_Artwork.png (1236x1468, 1.29M)

>The market ended on a high note
It didn't though. It dumped p hard.

Why no to KHC? That divvie is looking bretty joocy at 4.8%, and I hear there was crazy volume today, with lots of options expiring in April.

I still don't know how that even works, but it's gotta be a good thing, right?

Also, Mr. Kraft is a very old man and I think he was set-up.

Loliposters are free to leave at any time.

Attached: StockAnalystIRL.jpg (700x466, 46K)

Nintendo and Tokyo Electron had conversely related charts today.
Speculation?

Attached: blank2.png (694x683, 35K)

>Loliposters are free to leave at any time.

Attached: Burg2.jpg (447x340, 177K)

You are not cute or funny
Go away we talking about money

We need to get people eating unhealthy processed crap again. That'll save KHC.

Attached: 1444101580401.jpg (403x198, 10K)

I picked up a couple shares of KHC. Not really too confident on this one though, their balance sheet is disgusting.

Well white people at mostly but we're going away soon anyways.

Ok market is closed. I can breathe easy. Time to train myself by trading crypto.

W-what disgusting about they balance ¿_¿

BGS now has an 8% yield and announced a buyback program
>still not recovering
all because they divested pirates booty

this is so bad

Attached: x20.png (327x328, 188K)

Burgs are money makers, user. Why are you not investing in the mickey d's?

Attached: burg.jpg (630x543, 218K)

I honestly don’t know what FDA approval will do for this.

Attached: 721ECD7D-2419-4AEA-9FFC-788859B83599.jpg (750x882, 164K)

Large debt, large interest expense, most of their assets are intangible or goodwill. There was a good article on seeking alpha explaining the write-down in detail, but it appears to be behind a paywall now. Add that to their relatively poor growth and you've got a GE scenario in the making.

Stuff like this is rather unappealing to see.

Attached: Capture.png (978x787, 49K)

Attached: GE3.jpg (758x722, 124K)

They're literally buying salt, corn, wheat, onions, and dairy byproducts, how expensive can it be?

There's rumors they might be selling off certain division to raise cash to pay down even more of their debt. I heard one user here claiming they should have slashed their dividend even more to provide a more comfortable safety, I sort of agree with him.

cnbc.com/2019/02/24/kraft-heinz-reviews-options-for-maxwell-house-coffee-including-sale.html

Apparently quite expensive, enough to eat into their margins.

Attached: Capture.png (767x608, 35K)

GE is at 2009 levels. How does a well-known company fail that badly?

KHC secret space program
they gonna start selling macaroni and Koolaid to Aliens
am bullish as heckies

Attached: BSTvsKHC.png (803x1280, 1.57M)

i'd buy maxwell house

Is that CramerFag Around? I want to know what he had to say in his sekrit club for big boy investors only.

I talk shit, but he has a lot of interesting things to say, especially if you try to read between the lines.

>behind a paywall now
Often times you can get around media paywalls by just finding the google cache version of the article.

Attached: SuicideByCuck.png (1300x210, 79K)

Here's the article
outline.com/tWyvX8

Who /monthlydistributions/ here?

Attached: monthlies.png (473x132, 11K)

Cramer's tips only work because his following usually has enough combined buying power to influence the share price artificially.

Neat thanks.
This website is also interesting, if only it had images of anime girls.

That's enough to make it worth a listen IMO

Idk I feel like that takes all the fun outta this game.

It's over Warren

Literally fucking nobody besides you and me buddy. This is a gambling thread with intermittent advice, some of it even good advice. I ROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL divs tho.

Attached: holla.png (960x445, 253K)

Have you held these UBS etns for a while? If so you might the one who turned me on to them. Did a ton of reading and settled on those 2. The mortgage ones make me a bit nervous but wouldn't be opposed to buying some once some more dry powder is available. Also have my eyes on PDI PTY GOF and SPFF, which all seem to be relatively stable but pretty expensive as it relates to management fees.

Do the markets crash when Trump loses the presidency because everyone thinks they will (triggering preemptive selling into panic selling)?

I have 104 days till my QQQ puts expire. Let the good times roll

Attached: 1552685248956.jpg (978x1248, 127K)

KHC gonna be next HMNY
Warren Buffet took all the great American brands an crashed them into ground
He needs for DIEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1552585381416.png (730x600, 359K)

how did the know? people making good calls should get a tripcode.

Attached: LPTX.png (788x213, 47K)

Survivorship bias. You're only noticing the one time an user is right, not the 99 other anons who HMNY
KO is next. Good thing I didn't hedge with KO

Attached: 1552530466156.jpg (1080x809, 156K)

Haha ya it probably was me. I hold pretty much the whole suite of ETRACs. Glad to see you actually get in broski! Big month next month :-)

Attached: airbud.jpg (680x440, 23K)

One of the stocks that trader who made a bunch of money on Imax holds looks about ready for a leg up in the current range. Pic related. They have earnings on Tuesday.

Attached: WPRT2.jpg (1821x942, 533K)

Let's watch Airbud tomorrow

Lurk for 5 years before posting

Attached: 無題.png (481x175, 5K)

Gonna dump a lot of money in DVYL and SDYL
Convince me not to

I don't do the movie night thing. Movies are a waste of time to me. Two hours pretending the real world doesn't exist? I can do so much in two hours, in the real world.

Except Air Bud. I fucking love Air Bud.

Attached: aerbud.jpg (2048x1024, 855K)

>about ready
>6 months away
pls

If you're going UBS 2x ETN, may as well get some actual yield out of it. There are a lot better ETRACs products.

Attached: diversify.jpg (1442x735, 65K)

QRD on next month? Have to say, if SMHD still holds a large position of Gamestop it's got me watchful of that potential future Blockbuster

>There are a lot better ETRACs products.
like?

>Wells Fargo dissects M&A potential at Dean Foods
"we believe U.S. consumer trends will shift in favor of full-fat products"

Attached: 7x97x5.jpg (1280x720, 77K)

It'll be fair. Honestly, SMHD was the disappointer for me with March dividends. Maybe a hedge with gamestop shorts (or options) would be in your interest then? I see a lot of general nothingness upcoming. Light price action, consistent dividends, prices drop after ex-div. Much of the same. I'll probably by the ex's, assuming the broader market isn't completely shitting the bed.

etracs.ubs.com/product/list

Attached: 1518196330521.jpg (500x501, 42K)

You really think he's that powerful? He'd have to have a lot of members who are really willing to throw a LOT of money at his word.

I'm hopeful, and on the whole not really concerned with the GME holding. It just surprised me to see it as the heaviest weighting, at least while I was researching the ETNs. I figure if I can make it 6 months of pulling in generally good dividends, most anxiety about holding these will fade. Already up cap gains so even some room for it to move lower and still be ok. Do you DRIP?

I think his audience is mostly boomers with money to invest. Even if he only has 10,000 devotees with 50,000 dollars on average in buying power that still ends up being 500,000,000 dollars of influence.

I mean I've manipulated market price on small caps just via stocktwits before. A "hot tip" is a real powerful thing.

fat.... am.... back in consumer staples !
bring on grass fed beef !!!

Attached: 4.jpg (835x1200, 702K)

Alright boys, let's have a for fun question. Which shit do you use for your I'll gotten gains? I'm talkin brokers, I'm talkin data streams, I'm talkin chicken bones in a small fire, let's learn from each other
I use robinhood like a plebian, but I've only just started doing it again seriously

Attached: 1546017937762.png (362x259, 156K)

I choose 20 random stocks yielding over 6% in dividends. Each one is then assigned a number on a dart board. I throw three darts at the dartboard, with the furthest from the bulls-eye being eliminated. The two remaining stocks are then pitted in a best-of-seven series of coin flips to determine the ultimate winner, which I buy when the market opens the next day.

Attached: investingpartner.jpg (640x799, 28K)

I wish I had invested in keto back when I was doing it two years ago. Lost 80 lbs. Ate eggs turkey bacon and walnuts for all three meals.
Sucks for gains though.

My god, not even a couple of minutes and we've hit peak performance, that's why Jow Forums was made, to learn, to adapt, to become the new (((them))) with darts and RNG

>tfw RNG is +15% YTD

Attached: came.jpg (400x500, 24K)

I take a whole bunch of adderall and stare at graphs and numbers an let my autistic brain interpret it subconsciously. Let my instincts do the rest.

Sounds fun, I've been doing it before I go to work during the morning, then during work when I hide away in the abyss of boxes and over priced products

h-how you invest in keto?
that diet sounds so gross tho kek

Attached: c626944c0d6c89d11b06e601d2315765.png (782x686, 194K)

$REFR

Guess what roof is going on the new Tesla?

insideevs.com/tesla-model-y-panoramic-glass-roof-video/

siliconinvestor.com/readmsg.aspx?msgid=32065069

AGP eGlass supplies autoglass for Tesla. Why were they tweeting #REFR so much the past couple weeks? Put two and two together

JH, CEO of REFR hasn't said anything official yet due to legal reasons, but pretty much hinted the rumors were true.

To the moon boys

Attached: 1551985544919.png (582x435, 263K)

I listen to /smg/. I lost money but LPTX is more than making up for it.

I'm sure there are some companies publicly traded already. Avocado companies like Calavo Growers would be good too.
But what I really would've done is started my own health food/supplement company and made keto bars and powder and shit, beat everyone else to market.

Buying $1000 worth Monday

This is fucking huge if true

Is it already happening?

>that diet sounds so gross tho kek
Forgot the best part, instead of popcorn and chips I ate extra salted pork rinds all day every day.

The new tesla is vaporware.

seekingalpha.com/amp/article/4248981-research-frontiers-refr-ceo-joe-harary-q4-2018-results-earnings-call-transcript

Put 2+2 together

Attached: 20190315_211921.jpg (1080x1989, 702K)

This is the same person. Change the way you type your posts when you're pretending to be someone else while phoneposting pajeet.

Attached: 1455766797022.png (713x564, 255K)

Hey when REFR goes to 20 dollars a share don't say I didn't tell you

No one eat keto for ketobars
They keto so can eat bacon and pork rinds and claim on diet >_>

Here's your (You)

You want a /smg/ discord invite kiddo?

Ichimoku Cloud + Fibonacci Pivots

Not me brah, want a free RH berkshire share?

Attached: 1552587677355.jpg (1080x1920, 70K)

>BRK.B
Robinhood buncha cheapos

That was me. I really just posted that because i expect this to be a good one to long through the catalysts. The signs are all there for this to really go somewhere. This is just icing on the cake and hype inflating the price.

Meanwhile, can somebody tell me what the fuck happened to my PLUG? Bought at 2.45 today and now i'm down to 2.19

Attached: 1539738680469.jpg (848x1199, 117K)

You got pegged by plug

IS TECH GOING UP MONDAY?

Attached: 1552347915810.png (334x346, 127K)

You didn't buy REFR