Dollar Cost Averaging

Everyone tells me to always DCA but its hard to tell percentages to put in and when? Like for example if I wanted to invest 100$.
I could:
2 monthly investments of $50
5 monthly investments of $20
10 monthly investments of $10

So what method is best? Are you supposed to time it with the market? Dunno how everyone always says just DCA dude! And never explain the nuances

Attached: 1548385346994.gif (160x291, 3.76M)

Do not dollar cost average. Save cash, wait for a dip, then buy the dip.

Dollar cost averaging was invented because brokers often have 100 or more clients, and they can't possibly make independent buy/sell decisions for each client, so they invented the dollar cost averaging meme to appear like they were doing a good job when they really weren't.

Attached: crow of judgement.png (500x522, 93K)

If you read anything you would know that DCA is for no nothing cowards

Time in the market> timing the market

I just hit market buy until all my money is gone.

my thoughts exactly, i figure how is successful DCAing at different rates any different than timing..

I invest $10 ETH and $10 BTC every day. Just as much as a bad habit.

I do same with extra cash that comes in, but thinking about strategies reguarding 5-6 figures

Dca is any average over any amount of time. So just put the maximum amount of money you can every paycheck into holo and thats still a dca strategy. Youll thank me in a few years.

Lmao this, I quit drinking, weed, and smoking. Now I blow all my money on crypto.

Dollar-cost averaging is largely an excuse. Normal people DCA because they make money from their day jobs on a regular basis some of which they invest. Furthermore retirement plans are basically on autopilot: you tell them what you want to invest in and they buy it for you every paycheck whether the cost is low or high. They would be DCA'ing whether investment gurus told them to or not because that's the only feasible option for most.

right so most DCA is just forced and no real strategies.

Crypto pays for better weed and booze.
that's the idea. only a fool thinks they're smarter than the market.
this is the only guaranteed method to catch the bottom.
Personally, I think the bottom might be behind us, but I'll come out further ahead if we drop to sub 1k. Where as the 'all-in' wojaks will set themselves on fire.

Good stuff user

I have a dca strategy that beats the gains of the security you're trading figure it out

i have no need to capitulate if we hit sub 1k but everyone would like more bitcoin and you'd get 4x what you'd get now if it dips like that, and if it does buy in slowly during a bleed would net you more corn then if you just bought now

Attached: 1511047060941.gif (170x80, 994K)

am i the only one who thought that was a fat ass

Attached: 1552094238081.webm (640x360, 1.33M)

That's the whole point of the fucking video you retard

well, also because so many people are so fucking bad with their money that if they had a cash pile they'd blow it, so you get them to max out their roth with monthly payments.

DCA is also technically slacking in a large sum, such as a inheritance.

i know but i fell for it and have a weird boner now

Attached: 1552513747358.jpg (1200x1197, 214K)

The entire point of DCA is that you dont have to worry about trying to “time the market” pick an amount that works for you and put that amount in monthly in a payment plan that works for you. Only you can know what works for you

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeow!

>turned wasteful habits into crypto
I am you and you are my hero

Attached: 1551077118254.jpg (1024x682, 105K)

>muh buy the dip.

do not listen to this brainlet. the idea behind DCA is that it,relatively, shields you from losses in the event of a massive dump in volatile markets

the kind you see in this giant manipulated ponzi?

>that's the idea. only a fool thinks they're smarter than the market.

How are you not a fool when you expect the market to go up?

How does DCA shield you from losses if the market keeps dumping? If you had DCA'd from January 2018 to now, you would've lost money.

>wait for a dip
every 'dip' is just as likely to be a cliff

Imagine buying the literal top in Jan 2018 with your whole stack.

now imagine buying the literal top in Jan 2018 with 1/80th of your stack.

which position would leave your worse off? why do i need to explain this to you? you slow or something? you'll never make it Ranjeet.

Okay, I'm only investing what I'd happily piss away on vices.
I ignored crypto from 2010-2016.
I invested a little in early 2017 and got a fat ass brick of fucking cash out of it. Now that we set some higher lows, it's time to start reinvesting. So I can turn my little brick of cash into a pile of cash. But I'm not going to jeopardize my stack until I see definitive evidence of a bull charge.

Attached: moneymoneymoney.jpg (3264x1836, 1.19M)

That's still net negative, retard.

jesus christ you must have been dropped on your head when you were a child?

> the idea behind DCA is that it,relatively, shields you from losses.

Learn to read faggot. It doesn't entirely shield you.

that said if you didn't DCA and instead bought BTC at 20k for example you'd have 0.00000001 BTC for your "stack"

instead had you DCA'd you could have had 0.00000010 BTC as you would have been buying it as the price lowered thereby buying more BTC for the same price.

god damn if you can't understand this fundamental concept you are literally going to die in a fire from your own stupidity.

*stack instead of price

>Adhering to DCA religiously to the letter
>Can only see two possible options

Lmao, you're the one who's fucking stupid.

ah yes, because timing the literal bottom and selling at the very top is childs play?

you're fucking retarded kid, go to bed.