/smg/ - Stock Market General

short REFR edition

>I'm new to the stock market, what stocks should I buy?
Before you buy anything, make a brokerage account and read investopedia articles and/or the books in the OP list. If you don't have a broker, you can't buy stocks and if you blindly buy things without understanding how the stock market works or doing any research on the individual stocks you're buying, you will lose money and it will be entirely your fault.

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg

List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
pastebin.com/y9PRQLR3

Earnings Report Calendars:
calendar.google.com/calendar/[email protected]
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

Boomer Investing 101
bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

Last time on Stock Market General:

Attached: 7537472smg.png (1350x1200, 621K)

Other urls found in this thread:

insideevs.com/tesla-model-y-panoramic-glass-roof-video/
siliconinvestor.com/readmsg.aspx?msgid=32065069
finviz.com/news.ashx
google.com/search?tbm=isch&q=モナカアイス
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Watch out for Med Men stock in coming weeks. It's rumbling a little.

Attached: 1522293125813.jpg (900x1000, 127K)

first for uhhhh General Mills

Attached: xzzz7.jpg (800x696, 171K)

What happened to all the tripfags? I've been gone for a couple months.

Attached: 1552533443662.jpg (225x225, 6K)

CERU my nigga

Doing a bunch of analysis of big biotech gainers recently
>BPTH was at $1.61 with 1,761,000 outstanding shares and a 5-drug pipeline
Literally HOW
I need to make an algorithm bot that just goes around crawling the nasdaq for shit like this. Fucking unreal

you arent tricking me or anyone else into buying your crappy food stocks anymore you monster

Attached: 7071865.jpg (2894x2930, 3.59M)

That's fucked. Any reason for this 1 month 1,300% increase?

anybody have opinions on OSTK and its future?

Invictus MD gonna explode soon

Attached: asobi_ugly02.jpg (760x493, 45K)

im just getting back into it after NVAX fuck my shit up at least my baby boy GE is on fire right now

Attached: original_b0dfe059e08e4deba5fca7242c817aa1.png (1024x768, 69K)

Liquidate my shorts!

Attached: snibby barty.png (455x374, 65K)

Comfy stopped being a tripfag and gommie faggot is MIA
Other than that, everything is the same

hek hek hek yes I will
FDP bottom confirmed

Attached: x56.jpg (768x1024, 186K)

$REFR

Guess what roof is going on the new Tesla?

insideevs.com/tesla-model-y-panoramic-glass-roof-video/

siliconinvestor.com/readmsg.aspx?msgid=32065069

AGP eGlass supplies autoglass for Tesla. Why were they tweeting #REFR so much the past couple weeks? Put two and two together

JH, CEO of REFR hasn't said anything official yet due to legal reasons, but pretty much hinted the rumors were true.

To the moon boys

Also, to the dumbass OP, please short more so I can buy more cheaper and watch as you squirm as you get short squeezed :)

Attached: D1vREEFUcAEnG5w.jpg (1200x1200, 140K)

Is RKG still alive?
Filtered btw

SIRI

Attached: Journey.jpg (640x812, 69K)

rkg kept getting banned and is now an user

are RKG

I keep seeing this image posted and I feel like I'm missing the joke. That's two different guys, right?

I figured, nice double dubs btw

I don't feel like they are. Though I can't say for a fact that they are.

RKG never actually gets banned.. it's just another larp of his.

Comfy was close to useless.. he just wants to go against the grain no matter what the stock is.

Gommie probably stopped getting paid to spread his communist propaganda..

Calculated Gamble needs to come back

2 scoops post here and there.. has probably been busy at his new job

Baggie is probably off getting high banging black hookers this weekend

It was literally just good phase 2 data. But the caused the market to notice that a company with a 30 million dollar valuation was being traded with a 2.5 million dollar market cap.

that's true, grim is also still here
Comfy really was bad at picking stocks, I think it'll be best if he just sticks with dividends and ETFs like he has been

Also, thoughts on covered calls?
I'm considering using them in the future to hedge my portfolio when I'm hodling biotechs for extended periods of time like I am with GALT
It would have been nice to lock in some of these gains without having to sell my position

Attached: feb 21.png (839x345, 23K)

How do you guys stay up to date with market news? What do you use?

Attached: peptaro.jpg (1000x1000, 106K)

>11 RSI
>17 RSI on the 1D
>Buy rating maintained by Maxim group at 15 dollars a share

This is gonna be a wild ride.

Attached: 無題.png (1040x860, 55K)

here finviz.com/news.ashx
i sometimes check yahoo aswell

Attached: 1550703013949.jpg (4672x2232, 905K)

-_-;
Me get banned LITTERALLY few times weekly
Someone reports 100% of me post ;_;
Unfortunately me do server stuff and own like 20 IP addrs

What's caught your eye lately?
I'm curious about AbbVie (ABBV) and Welltower (WELL)

I really like the health/pharma/biotech sector right now but they seem to be prone to pump&dumps, so I thought these two might be more steady.

I can't do movie night, it's up to Sundown

Attached: COMMMFFYYYYY.jpg (736x1091, 177K)

Hi

LGND and ESPR are safies (relatively low volatility, big insider buys last week)

ATNX (insider buy)
CYCC (data at Hawaii cancer conference this weekend, might be too late to get in)
I'm playing the REPH (safe) and EVOK (dangerous) PDUFAs this month.

PLX, GNMX and BLRX longs. CHFS for a P&D play.

the insider and institutional ownership has my attention too.

>2 scoops post here and there.. has probably been busy at his new job
You know me so well

meant for

Good for see you still alive and living high life working at Amazon

Make Airbud play

>ESPR

going to buy is setup up for a long term play at this current price.

I can't find a free streamable copy of Air Bud, there's no time to torrent it and put it on google drive because drive takes ~six hours to process. Grrrrrrr, I'll find something don't worry

Attached: the dog was raped by David Geffen.jpg (691x1024, 74K)

Google drive is very frustrating
It'll take down movies sometimes if you upload as .mp4s
You can usually avoid it by using webm

I'm liking what I see. Some news could send it sky high. Wondering if I can get it lower.

I'm in a fucking rabbit hole though snooping through insider and healthcare investment firms' portfolios.

Attached: 無題.png (1233x715, 60K)

putting the workload on poor crowley tarot poster for the umpteenth time

I get all of my information from CNBC and Jim Cramer.

Attached: brainlet_mask.png (601x508, 127K)

Reminder that HEXO will double it's revenue from ~200m to ~400m by 2020

Attached: images (1).png (300x97, 2K)

>16 million shares of VSTM sold and bought in the same second

I wonder what sort of advantage manipulating the daily volume gives you?
I guess you could probably push the price down far enough to hit stop loss limits right? And the pick up the same amount of shares for a small percentage cheaper?

Attached: 無題.png (841x179, 11K)

Any leafs here using wealthsimple trade? Looks like they are a Canadian RobinHood and officially launched recently

Wait it wasn't the same second, it was in a 2 minute time frame. 8 million sold, 8 million bought
So dump shares, hit stops and then pick up cheaper?

I'm still baffled by VSTM's movement, and been reading around on ST has only served to confuse me more.

I guess I need to read about dark pools and institutional short-sales/puts, but I'm still sick and need to be studying for exams.

Attached: original_157298157.png (2536x1220, 91K)

I'm thinking of going all my money on a global equity index and HODL forever.

Gonna see if I can ride a pump and dump on this one. This company is doomed but being kept alive by a billionaire and stocktwits whales

Attached: DCFD0647-EA4F-4D82-9610-1E42E0AFC6AD.jpg (750x890, 140K)

alot of times this happens its for hitting some volume quota on some exchange
dont really think too hard about it

Attached: 73417984_p1.jpg (900x1200, 449K)

the stock market is seeing its best session since 2016. the narrative trump wants

alternately you can say there has been no growth on the dow for 2 and 3/4 years. nothing past 26k that they will talk about.

best gains for 4 months equals we still have a slightly less than sub 26k dow. they keep talking about the S&P who gives a fuck about the S&P. oil niggers thats who. oil niggers love the S&P and trumps a nigger lover... and a kike... and possibly a latent homosexcual

pretty sure you get better roi in a savings account

>Also, thoughts on covered calls?
Depends on your time frame and your price target imo... if you can sell calls with the strike of your price target then i don't see why not..

S&P literally drives whole worlds economy you super dummy
it has largest volume of anything by 10x

Attached: 1552754100583.png (500x505, 194K)

I can't tell if Invictus is actually legit or a scam... do u have any info that could convince me?

i keep seeing this shilled everywhere--im inclined to believe it but the frequency of the shilling has me skeptical

HEXO & ACB are going to skyrocket. Good long term holdings

based skeptical user not believing stuff

Attached: 8871699.jpg (4093x2894, 1.2M)

>ACB
Is ACB's market cap over 10 billion yet? Last time I checked it was 7 with 165 million in revenue. That's insane. Overbought worse than Tesla. It's got so much competition too. Even Altria is only at 100 b with 25 billion in revenue.

Attached: 1551801444789.png (1007x677, 96K)

Five minutes to movie night
Tonight's feature is Blue Velvet (1986)
Get in get in

Attached: cytube room.png (709x33, 3K)

Fuck off with that gay shit. We only watch the sopranos at /tv/

I've heard people on this board talk about how FB is supposed to sink like a rock this week so I bought put options that cost me no more than 1 or 2 cents per share. I'm eager for the work week to get here so that I can see if I have not frittered my money away.

Buying cheap contracts for such fanciful strike prices like this rarely pays out but I'm confident that the predictions in these threads aren't just hysterical hyperbole.

Oh my god that looks so delicious. The only thing that might be better is a waffle chipwich.

Attached: Options.png (176x348, 5K)

then don't come u fukin bitch

Attached: Ay tone.jpg (680x498, 112K)

then stop posting your nu-kino in fucking /smg/

FB will stay afloat if the market stays bullish

even if it doesn't 135 is pretty unrealistic in a weeks time. Let alone 100

>tfw you go to take a 30 minute nap and wind up sleeping four hours

Attached: f8eac1b0a1405d04.png (850x619, 754K)

Yeah but you still get a really good return if you sell them back, even if it seems impossible to reach the strike price. That's why options trading is retarded and weird.

Say the idiot posting mental illness copypasta

Who would buy them lol? Also trading options isn't retarded but you just need to be able to control your greed. That's where people fuck up. That user in the first reply assuming FB does tank a bit will just break even in the end considering most of those contracts won't move and the one that probably will has 1 buy. If i had kept my 4/12 56 TQQQ calls i'd be up almost 3k on them alone. options are good but there's just people like pendulum who don't understand them and say they're retarded and people full of greed who throw money away and say they're retarded.
Its a public service announcement. Some people really don't know that LCIguy and Big5guy are the same person. Somewhat disturbing.

Attached: 1551802069464.png (980x624, 49K)

They sell those in Japan. The best ones have a thin bar of chocolate in the middle.

google.com/search?tbm=isch&q=モナカアイス

Attached: monaka-ice-2.jpg (800x533, 104K)

>Some people really don't know that LCIguy and Big5guy are the same person
(You)

Attached: 1522101514437.gif (1027x731, 111K)

>Who would buy them lol?
Robots man, robots.

I wouldn't say so.

Attached: youtube snapshot.png (910x5652, 2.81M)

:nazrinEars:

Attached: nazrin ears.gif (239x226, 838K)

They had a friendly fraud memo leak in january talking about how they setup games to try and get kids to take their parents credit cards and max them out on games. Their stock dropped like 3 points for a day then went back to normal. This is literally nothing

We can dream, but this shit isn’t ending any time soon.

It’s like telling the US to eat right and exercise, and telling students at uni that binge drinking is bad for them. Everyone knows it’s true and few people do anything about it. Telling people Facebook is stealing their privacy is like telling kids to stay in school. They already know and you’re not changing anything.

Facebook could actually control the entire world if they dropped the whole "we're the good guys" meme. They're like cigarettes in the 20th century if cigarettes had a vending machine in every child's bedroom.

I'm not saying you can't make money off of trading options that you know won't go itm, i've done it before, but in the long run you'll be much better off just buying options that you think will. The user in this thread who bought those fb puts will be lucky if he even breaks even. They'll probably just all expire worthless and no one will buy them from him.

The thing i find really weird about facebook is that old people are the majority of people who use it and you'd think they'd be more hawkish towards that stuff.

keep in mind that facebook is instagram
and also whatsapp I guess

they have no resistance to it, unlike our generation who grew up with every sort of screen-related interface possible. once FB crossed the threshold of seamless UI, it was over.
I find it really ironic because all i ever heard growing up was "no screens at the table" and "put the gameboy away". Now I can't watch a movie with my dad without him taking out his phone after 15 minutes.

I bought a $160 FB Put on Thursday morning for $7. It traded sideways all day. First thing Friday it dropped fast and hard and I sold near the low for $35.

>i'm not saying you can't, i'm done it but in the long run

I'm watching Taking Pelham 123 instead. That punk-ass market-manipulating put-buyer.

Attached: PUNK_ASS_BEARS.jpg (299x300, 19K)

You mean the original, from the seventies, right?
Pretty sure the remake was supposed to be a downgrade.

I have about 100k in the market, 20k in dude weed, will i make it bros?

Never buy index funds. Only individual equities. Brainwashed masses buy index funds that don’t beat inflation. SPY is up a few percent 1Y. Now look at SHOP or Visa

The 2009 one with Travolta and Washington. It just showed up on Sony Crackle, so I was like, "Eh, why not?"

DUDE

It's a good way for them to stay in touch with their peers as well as news and culture...

>them

>Why not?
Because I assume it's a soulless bullshit film, and there's some crazy cool shit out there you might enjoy more

Low-effort bait.

Where's VTSAX-user? I just realized my index fund of choice is VTSMX, and it's been killing it since inception in 2009.

SIRI
Long.
Max 6.46$

ATVI & TTWO

Attached: 1548777468402.jpg (1024x1024, 66K)

SIRI

short

VSTM

when did this thread become so boring on the weekends?

DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH HER

good movie night overall