I've 30k in savings

> I've 30k in savings
> I live at home
> I make 50k a year
> I live in NYC
What kind of moves can I make to generate some wealth?

Attached: shake.gif (512x512, 656K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/arh22-3/220.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=T8G8tLsl_A4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

cock4cash

I also make $50k in NYC but don't live at home and I don't think I can move back. I am putting as much as I can into crypto

Do you have your own place or do you live with roommates?

27 years old, one roommate, $850/month in a quiet white neighborhood. I actually make more than $50k because I have a second job off the books. I am a slave to the grind, nothing else interests me anymore. Putting $200/month into 401k for employer match and $1k/month into crypto.

>$1k/month into crypto.
Wew, how much have you got so far? Also how did you find your place?

Iktfb. I'm in NYC and make 70k but I must pay rent and bills. Yearly i save like 20k so it's decent but it's such a rat race man. Some days I want to just drop everything and move to Idaho and volunteer on a potato farm or something. nyc life is absolutely brutal sometimes.

also in nyc, married and wife and I make 200k combined, rent is 2295 and we save 4k a month have about 50k now trying to eventually leave here and buy a house in cash, i won't make as much money when i leave but i'll own a home at least

a. That isnt very impressive
b. Literally nobody asked

>b. Literally nobody asked
Eh its good to hear someone's making it on this board. Even if it's a lie

where are you headed when you leave? if you don't mind me asking. im from eastern PA and i have some family in brooklyn. i hear the brooklyn accent out in PA more than i do in brooklyn.

Sup shoop

Move somewhere cheaper

I know it's not impressive, literally this is what the entire thread is about

it's very impressive, congrats on getting their user I'm hoping I'll get there too

pretty much same situation as OP, but have been maxing 401k and dumping checks for the most part into crypto, and splurging drinking and buying clothes - FML.

recently kicked drinking everyday habbit to maybe once or twice a month, and trying to curb back spending on clothes etc.

goal now is to get down payment for a condo or get property for rental with a loan.

my wife's family is in eastern tennessee so I'm thinking about somewhere back around there or maybe kentucky which is where I'm originally from. Want to buy something for maybe 300k maybe a little bit of land

after rent you should have 14k per month to spend, and you save 4k. How do you spend 10k every month?

Attached: 2.jpg (302x406, 15K)

after the exorbitant taxes, insurance, 401k, etc. our take home pay is only about 5000 every 2 weeks or maybe a little over 10k a month, after you take out the rent, that takes me down to 7700 and then like I said I do a budget and have a savings goal of 4k so that's like 3k to spend every month and that all goes to groceries and food, utilities, and whenever i need to order some supplies from amazon. I actually live pretty frugally and rarely do anything fun

Some parts of TN looks pretty comfy. I hear the taxes are pretty nice down that way.
Either way, $300k down that way should get you something pretty damn good. All the best to you.

I probably have around $25-30k in crypto right now and another $15k in my 401k. I did take out a loan a few months ago so the entire crypto bag is not out of pocket. Inb4 someone calls me a retard- I know what I am doing and am not buying scam coins. I've spent the last two years going down this rabbit hole.

Got my roommate off craigslist. Never met her before but I'm from the neighborhood, have friends in the building, already know the super etc. Pretty comfy where I'm at.

I'm more impressed at the wife part. How long have you been married? How long have you known her. How big is your apt for 2.2k. How old are you?

Also in nyc, I make about 165k but I'm single. I'm pretty frugal person so my rent is only 850 with one roommate. I have zero debt so majority of my money just gets saved. I only started to make that money recently, so net worth between savings and retirement is only 250k. Currently have 150 ETH and wondering if I should buy another 50 to get to 200. Crypto is only about 5% of my portfolio so I'm thinking I should accumulate more but I'm still mad I didn't sell when it was 1.3k each. I'm addicted to the grind because I have nothing else in my life. I want a gf and a wife but I'm afraid of them taking half. The only thing I look forward to is seeing my therapist once a week.

what are you holding fren?

I have had substance abuse problems too fren. It is a degenerate waste of money. I still binge maybe once a week but ironically it's usually with my mom lol.

My biggest holdings are Urbit, Holo and FOAM. Handshake is coming out later this year and I will be dumping as much as I can into it without dipping into those other 3 bags. Just stacking up ETH and BTC for now.

>Got my roommate off craigslist. Never met her before but I'm from the neighborhood, have friends in the building, already know the super etc.
So you got the apartment before the roommate? How much was it?

What do you do to be making $165k?

I'm an oldfag, I'm 35, wife is 29, been married for 9 years. met in 2007 when she was 18 and I was 24 and got married quick because that's what people do in the south.

For the past 2 years I was in a bigger apartment that was 2825, I just moved out of it into this cheaper one on Feb 1st because I'm trying to save as much money as I can. It's a pretty small 1 bedroom apt. But plenty enough for the 2 of us.

I actually fucked up most of my life, I didn't even graduate school until 2014 so I'm just now making a decent wage for the first time in my life. Not much time to catch up desu.

As far as taking half maybe just wait and find someone with a successful career of their own so you don't have to worry about it

how old are you, if you don't mind telling

What do to make good money like you senpai

Invest in buying a ton of land in Michigan's upper peninsula. Work with a conservation District to help you get a forest management plan and get money from harvesting lumber with large lump sums every 10 years or so. Also sign up for the Qualified Forest program for big tax exemptions.

Nah didn't really make that clear, shes the one on the lease. It's a large rent control 1 bedroom that got retrofitted with a second bedroom.

Do you plan to have kids? 9 years so much history. I'm envious. You probably know each other pretty well. If I date a girl, I think the standard is maybe 2 years of dating before marriage is considered decent nowadays. 2 years is not long enough to really know a person. That and I have trust issues.

Just found out she's pregnant a couple weeks ago. But she was this time last year as well and it died. So maybe it'll come out this time maybe not. But that's going to be a shitload more in child care costs which in manhattan are outrageous. Will probably take my 4k monthly savings down to 2k if I can't tighten my belt a little more.

Has there ever been a time in your 9 years of marriage that you regretted marrying her? How'd you know she was the one at 18.

Now that you're in the city, there's younger women everywhere. Does that ever tempt you? The same can be said about guys for her. Does that ever worry you.

Move to the Outer Boroughs user.

Stay the fuck out of TN you faggots have done enough damage here.

I'm not the one moving to TN, user.
I'm from PA and I'm staying in PA.

Pls tell me how to kick drinking everyday/every weekend.

I feel like im addicted and I honestly need help.

I lived in TN and you can buy a nice two story house in middle class neighborhoods with decent size yards. If you want an alright how and tons of land in the middle of nowhere 300k would go a long ass way.

If these sources don't make you want to quit alcohol then nothing will.
pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/arh22-3/220.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=T8G8tLsl_A4 (alcohol and sugar are the same poison)

When I was drinking everyday quitting was extremely difficult. Your body gets used to the alcohol and it's hard to even sleep without passing out drunk. I remember I was starting a new job and was hungover on like my second week there and just decided not to fuck up my new job opportunity. I quit cold turkey for an entire year. I fell off the wagon and had a 6 month period or so where I was close to falling back into the same habits. I was drinking until 3am and oversleeping for work. Enough people around me started mentioning that I was fucking up, so I had to make a conscious effort to tone it down.

I don't know what happened after that, I kinda just stopped hanging out with people who were doing it all the time. It gets tiring man, maybe I'm turning into a boomer. How old are you anyway? Just wondering. My drinking was at its absolute worst between ages 22 and 24. 18-19 were pretty bad but fuck it that's college.

>nj
>just got a 60k/yr job with definite overtime that will come over next few weeks/months
>42k student debt
>8k credit
>Take home 891$/wk after taxes, but again I'll get overtime soon
>Live with mom
Wat do. Just started as a contractor with a big name pharma, hope to get on full time and stay there a decade or something. I make 30/hr before taxes as an analytical chemist.

Hoping this crypto shit can make me enough to fuck off and travel the world for a year or two while I'm young. 27 now, soon 28 and feeling the age creeping up already

Put half in crypto and keep half in fiat.

Nvm didnt see the debt part. Half in crypto, 25% into debt and 25% in fiat.