"college is a scam"

Why do dropouts and neets say this?

Attached: 1545927847424.png (405x478, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

armstrongeconomics.com/world-news/corruption/the-college-scandal/
bls.gov/oes/2017/may/oes_nat.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because this data is looking at people who graduated 20-30 years ago, and it comes from fucking 2009. I don't need a chart to tell me college is a meme when the barista at starbucks has a master's degree and 100k in student loan debt.

tfw master's degree and 30k in student loan debt, and no job

Attached: brainlet.jpg (645x968, 55K)

The difference has actually been getting BIGGER over time..... It's at about 2.0 now

Attached: csu712 (1).gif (300x270, 8K)

masters degree in what?

Then why is this chart from 1999? Why are you shilling college, it's fuckin bullshit outside of STEM.

Cause it very clearly shows the trend? You could have easily looked it up if you didn't believe me

Attached: dod_education.png (640x433, 93K)

Because I don't necessarily disagree with what is on your charts, I disagree that going to college is good advice for most people. These charts lump all majors together, don't include those who drop out, and don't factor in the costs of loans. Like nearly everything else in our society, it has become a scam to exploit idiots.
> Make sure you go to college, you'll be a loser otherwise!
> Follow your passion!
> You majored in History? LOL didn't you know there's no jobs for that? Where's your $700 loan payment?
Like marriage, if you do it exactly right, it can be great and really pay off. For most people though, they just get fucked.

>armstrongeconomics.com/world-news/corruption/the-college-scandal/

>Unlabeled axes
delete this

If median lifetime earnings increase is over a million and average debt is 37k it obviously does pay itself off far, far more often or not

I know a geologist with a master working walmart. He had the choice move opposite state of the country for okay wage, get rich working in australia or no fitting employment local and he wanted to stay with family local. It's not just meme degrees in gender studies that have trouble.

At the end of the day follow your dreams doesn't work for making money. You either operate within the market or you get fucked and nobody is telling it to those kids because everyone wants to make money of them.

The other side is college debt grew much faster than wages. They are getting scammed and it's getting worse because they still fall for it.

>mean

worthless chart

oh shit and it only includes those who actually got a full-time job and doesn't factor in student loan repayments which reduce real income for many years

Those are old trends faggot. This 2016 chart still just says that boomers that went to college did better than their peers.

This is why I don't trust infographics. There are a hundred ways to differentiate the data and make it look good. "Median earnings", "lifetime average income". Let's include or not include more degree categories. Let's ignore that anyone who goes to college is more ambitious, so they would make more money anyway. The bottom line is that kids are lined up to go to college, drown in debt, and only after the fact realize that they are fucked for the rest of their lives. It's not just the debt they accumulate, which is terrible, but 4 years (5 on average for bachelors) of not working as well. If more of these people became plumbers at 18, they could be making 75k with no debt and 5 years of earnings by the time college kid graduates. LOL what a loser, he works on toilets!

Why not post some evidence instead of just living in the dream world?

Currently the median college grad earns about twice as much and the difference has been getting bigger over time. There is absolutely zero reason to expect it to suddenly reverse or even to expect the gap to stop getting larger all of a sudden

I'm done with this shit
>people became plumbers at 18, they could be making 75k with no debt
median hourly wage for ALL AGES = 56k
bls.gov/oes/2017/may/oes_nat.htm

Can't have discussions when you keep getting basic crap wrong over and over again. I highly doubt your anything but neet cause you just wouldn't be so far off otherwise

The error here isn't that a degree might help a job. The error is how you group people.
The group non-degree will have legal retards dragging the average down while among degrees those people are excluded. So the group average doesn't tell you anything how far a skilled normal person without a degree can go.

For artists the portfolio is worth much more than any paper stating that you're an artist. Nobody will hire you cause you got a masters in art if your work is still worse than that non-degree artist who shits out quality projects rapid-fire.

Opportunity costs.
At exchange of debt and 4+ year absence from workforce, it appears less viable. Anyone clever enough to mitigate these during use is already doing that -the normies and brainlets aren't advantaged.

because no one likes blaming themselves for their own shortcomings. they're emotionally retarded children

You don't see his point.. Or you're missing it on purpose to make yourself seem right.

The only people getting scammed are the kids of rich boomer fucks whose parent's wealth disqualify them for financial aid and scholarships, but whose boomer fuck parents are so selfish and petty they don't give a dime to help pay for their own kid's future the way their parents paid for theirs. The people getting scammed are middle to upper middle children of boomer fucks getting scammed by their own dumb asshole parents. The same people who will later take a reverse mortgage right before dying to make sure the family wealth is transferred straight to some rich bankers rather than to their own next generation.

Plumbers in my city make 65k with 5 years of experience, which you would have if you skipped college and the debts. College is bad advice unless major in something with high employment prospects specifically utilizing what you learned in college. And you are smart and likely to finish and get one of those jobs. It's a lot of "ifs" for it all to work out, and lots of ways for it to go sideways. The sheer number of people working shit jobs with 5-figure student loan debt should be enough evidence.
> But muh chart says college makes you rich!
It's bullshit to support the narrative. Old data on old people who made that money long ago. Ignores all sorts of confounding variables, like the studies about how married people make more money. Get married, and you'll get rich!

because its 2019, google exists. tesch yourself. only get degrees that require it for the job such as MD, JD, RN. employers care about experience and not degrees. Cook even said half of Apples workforce doesnt have degrees and hes proud of that

Attached: 59DB0DCB-474D-44CE-AD4A-811B7C047CDA.jpg (924x622, 57K)

Private colleges are totally a scam if you don't have a great scholarship or mommy/daddy funding you