What is your opinion on Dave Ramsey?

What is your opinion on Dave Ramsey?

I started watching his videos on youtube and really liked his content until I heard him constantly predicting that a typical investment portfolio can yield 12% returns, over the long term.

That's bullshit right? I've heard that 6-7% returns are more accurate estimates. Here's a video of him getting butthurt about people's criticism:

youtube.com/watch?v=mHkXjEOQ7aU

Attached: cfb8ece906ddf7679c93590ca682c7c2.jpg (480x360, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_sdHkymiclc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't like "advisors" who give one-size fits all advice.

better than i deserve

He probably means 12% nominal returns. Still a little high but not too far from the historical number. 6-7% is the real return.
There are reasons to believe that future stock returns won't be as high, one reason to think this is that P/E ratios are high by historical standards

he got my parents to kick me out when I was 26 and my life has gone even further downhill since, so I hate this stupid faggot evangelical jew. yea mom and dad I have a lot more dignity living in extended stay hotels and my car getting by on food stamps than I ever did living with you.

are there any clips on his youtube channel with your parents phone call?

Sounds like you need to get a job delivering pizzas, young man.

youtube.com/watch?v=_sdHkymiclc

>also 21%
>early adopters

Grow up faggot

How someone can become so successful by telling people not to be consumer whores blows my mind.

His investment advice is a scam. He's just trying to get you to join his sponsors, who charge huge amounts in their funds

You really can't beat him if you're a single mother it nigger, but if your father even halfway did his job raising you then you don't need his advice.

I'm dead

they never called they just worked

that's another thing he's wrong about. he seems to think anyone can just go make $20 an hour

Is $20 an hour supposed to be a lot?

it is in the context of him saying not to work minimum wage jobs, it's easy to go consistently find work for $20 an hour to pay your way through college, with no skills or credentials. then he gives examples of his kids working for him doing things like painting.

His advice seems like common sense until you realize just how bad with money they average person is

God that would be amazing.

"Hi Dave,

We work 59 hour weeks and have a 32 year old son who sleeps all day and plays video games at night. Our free time and investment money is going toward taking care of this lump of flesh living in our basement. What can we do to have a life and enjoy it before we die?"

He's basically the king of the boomers. Got rich by getting into real estate at the right time. Made a career giving shit advice in a bull market. I'd love to see these faggots get rekt.

People nitpick about the most superficial and unimportant parts of his ideology (he's right, who gives a shit if the return is 10% or 12% the behavioral aspect is key), while ignoring the big picture, which is that apparently the only way to convince flyover amerilards to do just about anything is to say it's in the bible

>Read his book about total money makeover
>it was obvious advice on financial common sense
>I was already doing that

Dave Ramsey is pretty lame. Great for dumb people who are financially illiterate.

I agree.

But I think he is also good for finance newbies to listen to, just to learn some of the basics

Definitely, agree. Great for basics.

Nah dude. You can motivate them with cheeseburgers.