Make 80 grand a year

>make 80 grand a year
>have 100k in the bank
>still cant find affordable housing in Atlanta

How the FUCK is anyone buying homes?? I'm stuck at 1 and 2 bed condos in this bracket.

Attached: Inb4+ffffrrrrreeeeeessssssscccoooooooooo+shows+up+_8cfca343c6c3c6d9f671bf675957678c.jpg (914x636, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qFeKOrU7W0k
youtube.com/watch?v=Sgg51BDziA8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It seems like the housing market in every major US city is suffering from this same problem.

My theory is that we have so many more women in the workplace that dual income couples are driving up the costs of buying property.

Also exponential population growth leads to overcrowding in the areas that are already the most densely populated

You might be retarded

Try commuting more than 5 mins

Move further out or live in a 'diverse' neighborhood.

I'll be commuting an hour each way to be in my price range.

>My theory is that we have so many more women in the workplace that dual income couples are driving up the costs of buying property.

this is pretty much the problem in every non shithole western city. If you're a single starter in this market. You don't stand a chance.

Attached: 1366580932381.jpg (2560x1600, 881K)

Honestly been thinking about getting a gf to help pay for cost of living.

>I'm stuck at 1 and 2 bed condos in this bracket.
Why do you need more than that? If you want to start a family, then wait to buy a big house with the dual income from your wife.

Attached: Jew is behind this.png (1000x562, 414K)

You couldn't pay me enough to make me want to live in niglanta. Fucking kek

Fuck I'm one month late on $575 rent

>Late on your poverty tier rent

How fucking pathetic.

Welcome to to the world of suburban hell.

All in btc faggot

Fellow Atlanta fag here.

I make 70k a year and I'm about to move in with my GF family.

I'm just sick of this shit. Rent and home prices are insane and Boomers are just loving it. Don't give these assholes a dime. Move in with family and wait for this house or cards to collapse.

I can't wait to scalp some boomer when this thing collapses in 2020.

> I'm currently paying $1500 a month to rent out a complete piece of shit house

Don't buy housing yet.

The housing market is in a cooldown.

Wait a couple of years, invest your money, and rent cheap.

I'm lucky, my parents have abandoned their house while they do work in DC for Trump so I live rent free right now, but this shit is going to end eventually.

>Atlanta
are you fucking retarded op?
this. was born and raised there, left in 2009 and will never set foot in that shithole again

I had to go to GE headquarters last week. Across the street there were townhouses starting in the 600-800's. TOWN. HOUSES.

Whew lad. Good luck with that.

Elizabeth Warren (Pocahontas) wrote "The Double Income Trap" back in 2004 describing that exact phenomenon. Other things to factor in are the fact that people view housing as in investment, so you have tons of boomers owning second and third or even more homes and renting them out for income. Supply is also restricted because of minorities, who no one wants to risk living near and therefore huge swathes of land are essentially off-limits for decent middle-class people to live in.

Lol tell me about it

I have multiple BTC worth of shit coins so ill be alright

It's literally a giant boomer/fraud bubble though. As soon as the market dips millions of idiots with fake hr/PR/accounts jobs suddenly won't be able to make payments on their homes and no one will be left to buy them

Well, this thread has convinced me to stay the fuck away from atlanta when I graduate.

Where should I go that I can actually afford?
>t. graduating with BSCS and solid resume with an internship and several personally-built software projects, want to stay the fuck away from silicon valley too

Tbh every city suffers the same problems so unless you wanna go rural this is what you have to do.

Fair enough.

Also if you dont mind me asking, what price range are you looking at making 80k and putting down however much of your 100k you have?

Giving women the vote was a mistake

250-300k

That will cover all my living expenses and help me make savings goals.

10% down of that plus closing costs. Difference between 10 and 20% dp is minimal on a monthly basis and I’d rather have the additional 30k to invest. The rest of the 100k is going to investments and rainy day.

Good shit user, thank you for the insight. I'm still years from even considering buying a home, but that is very good to know.

I'm assuming the literal hundreds, if not thousands of 700k-1m homes in the center of these big cities are second or third homes, with significant down payments? I'm always kind of shocked how expensive and prolific these houses in prime real estate are.

Working at Wendy's in Ontario I'll be in debt my whole life paying off a mortgage in the future

This image is literally the opening of this sketch:

youtube.com/watch?v=qFeKOrU7W0k

Reeeeeee I’ve been saying this all along and nobody listens. My fucking boomer grandfather bought a house on a mech ngineers starting salary in the 60’s (my grandmother was a housewife). To buy in the same neighborhood now you need to be making 300k a year. Dual incomes make it so guys are forced to marry just to afford the same thing their grandfathers could buy on one income. Then the roastie gets fat and divorces you and takes the house and kids. It’s all a scam.

work harder faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=Sgg51BDziA8

I got extremely lucky. Got a 3bed, 1 & 1/2 bath house w/basement and garage plus nice rear deck dirt cheap. Remodeled. Bagged it during the last housing shit fest. Took advantage of the owners own dire situation; they were looking at this place on the other side of town, that place was also kinda a steal (for them anyway) so they were in a hurray. I made them an offer they couldn't really turn down.

House next door to mine recently sold for 144k, it didn't look half as good as mine does (saw pics on one of those online housing sites), I paid way less than 144k for mine I'll tell you that much.

yo i bought a home in Atlanta and I make $75k. it can be done— look for fixer uppers

samefag

other than the ‘diverse’ neighborhoods mentioned above which are unavoidable you can for sure fine

Look at east Atlanta village, West end, anywhere where the beltline will extend in a few years. Summerhill is real cheap and will be great in under 5 years. Just buy where big projects are going before the project opens. I bought O4W just before PCM and I've doubled my house value.

enjoy getting robbed

You don't need to live in the middle of the city. There are plenty of affordable choices in Marietta and Sandy Springs.

I live in Marietta and you aren't getting anything decent below $350k

>What do I do with my hands

i moved outta parents house aged 20, got an 80 grand mortgage, within 3 years the house had gone up in value by 100k, lol. so i sold for 180k, paid off 80k mortgage, bought a bigger house with the remaining 100 grand, and its value then (20 years on) rocketed from 100k to... last time i checked, 750k, lol. zero rent for life. you kids just keep throwing money at me

I want to punch this faggot in the face.

That sounds like a normal commute to me

I live 5 minutes from midtown and my rent is 700 a month. How the fuck can you not find affordable housing?

If its so easy then do it again bitch

lol. global capitalist class plays speculation on the value of property in order to rake in huge swaths of income. next level of developers take their cut. mega rich use empty property as functional gold (SoV) in major urban centers. This is all a symptom of neoliberalism as capital attempts to create more of itself through speculative mechanisms.

but y'all are such fucking retards that you blame women.

Boomers were selling houses to Chinese, people maxing out their debt levels, people who get assistance from parents, and hedge funds. Boomers decided to turn our generation into rental serfs because interest rates were cut so low you can use rentals as a substitute for fixed income. It’s a massive bubble and it will pop sooner or later

In urban areas they aren't zoning for single family homes anymore. The desired type of housing is mass, cheap, box style wood framed apartments close to public transit points. Usually advertised as faux "luxury" apartments with billboards of wine bottles and pictures of "modern" industrial interior design because they were too cheap to finish the rooms.

Lets face it, its 2019, peak neofudalism, 90%+ of the populace are working drones / cattle. 90% of the work you do everyday is to make someone else rich. If don't make well over 6 figures you are a neopeasant and should not own land. You should resign yourself to a "luxury" apartment close by to a cattle train to ship you to your designated work pen so you can more efficiently maintain the extravagant lifestyle of your boss, the ruling class. Try again next life, 1% chance maybe you'll born rich and can life the stereotypical "middle class" life with a wife, picket fence, and a home with 4 walls that aren't shared with other peasants.

I would recommend it. It’s the only way I could afford NYC comfortably. Just make sure y’all get along.

Truly the most based post I read this morning. The millennial apartments are a scam.

It’s always been this way, nothing new

>How the FUCK is anyone buying homes??
By not living in the city.

If you work in the city then you'd be spending 2-3hrs a day commuting. Buy in the perimeter and gentrify this shit back.

Nah you made that up. Boomer detected.

Attached: 0B23AEF7-DA79-46CC-9A82-3BCB81FA3771.jpg (607x720, 55K)

Isn't Atlanta a nigger-riddled shithole?

>not taking out a mortgage on a 3 bedroom home and renting it out to Students to make a profit
Bro

> wahh i can't live in a one of the exclusive millionaire whites only neighborhood on a middle-class single income salary
stupid fucking zoomers, i swear
just live in one of the shitty, but not ghetto, neighborhoods for a few years or get an apartment

Attached: 1552081133622.jpg (750x743, 212K)

I'm getting sick and fucking tired of people here blaming everything on "niggers". That's strike 1.

A true Chad would turn gay and get a high earning butt buddy boyfriend. Women suck when it comes to salary negotiation

Lived in the ghetto when I moved to the country, lived in the ghetto while I was a student, now renting someones basement in middle class neighborhood. I've finally made it to the big leagues.

Attached: rigs.gif (250x103, 403K)

Eliminate all your debt. Get an FHA loan at 56.99% Debt to Income. 3.5% down, 3.75% interest rate if you have good credit and qualify.

You'll be able to buy a house for ~600K.

> renting
yikes

Great idea user pay 900k for a house worth 300k

nigger look into south cobb or some shyttt, the niggas have pacified actually and turning homo as in sucking each other dicks they aint into thaat gangbanging as much, also you cute?

>Make 50k a year and can afford 2 house in my Canadian city

Get fucked HongCouver

Imagine selling your startup for a 3 million dollar payout and only being half way to homeownership in point grey.