/smg/ - Stock Market General

Chaos is literally a masculine conception - Το Μεγα Θηριον. The Beast, all-father Chaos, YOD, the King, his consort is BABALON, the Queen, Hē, thier union is BABALON riding the Beast. In Da'ath they become one (Kether) beget the Prince, Vau, 4::9, and the Princess, Hē, who is confined to Malkuth. The Prince and the Princess are wedded in cosmic incest and make a grand homecoming as the now Wedded Blood of the Saints. DUH EDITION!

>I'm new to the stock market, what stocks should I buy?
Before you buy anything, make a brokerage account and read investopedia articles and/or the books in the OP list. If you don't have a broker, you can't buy stocks and if you blindly buy things without understanding how the stock market works or doing any research on the individual stocks you're buying, you will lose money and it will be entirely your fault.

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg

List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
pastebin.com/y9PRQLR3

Earnings Report Calendars:
calendar.google.com/calendar/[email protected]
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

Boomer Investing 101
bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

Last time on Stock Market General:

Attached: 8043733SMG.png (2154x2154, 588K)

Other urls found in this thread:

insideevs.com/tesla-model-y-panoramic-glass-roof-video/
siliconinvestor.com/readmsg.aspx?msgid=32065069
hcven.com/
marketwatch.com/story/lyft-seeks-valuation-of-up-to-23-billion-in-upcoming-ipo-2019-03-17?mod=mw_theo_homepage
business.nasdaq.com/discover/market-bell-ceremonies/detail.html#!/!?ceremonyId=8478
nasdaq.com/press-release/material-science-company-gauzy-announces-second-factory-in-stuttgart-germany-to-produce-research-20190201-00471
sendvid.com/tt43sssk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

CERU my niggas

Attached: 1504668568296.gif (800x800, 1.88M)

must... buy.... CER... GPRO!!!!!

Attached: ConcreteSafeDoctorfish-size_restricted.gif (1280x720, 320K)

>mfw LPTX will be a tenbagger.

Attached: moon_mission_is_a_go.jpg (1300x891, 620K)

Futures are blood red. I hope you took profits on Friday. We are going to retest December lows by April.

Attached: 1551801444789.png (1007x677, 96K)

>he thinks futures mean anything

Attached: 1551753000977.jpg (251x242, 8K)

$REFR

Guess what roof is going on the new Tesla?

insideevs.com/tesla-model-y-panoramic-glass-roof-video/

siliconinvestor.com/readmsg.aspx?msgid=32065069

AGP eGlass supplies autoglass for Tesla. Why were they tweeting #REFR so much the past couple weeks? Put two and two together

JH, CEO of REFR hasn't said anything official yet due to legal reasons, but pretty much hinted the rumors were true.

Attached: 1552779027869.jpg (1200x1200, 140K)

>Reproductive health
I tried playing VERU's catalysts once and literally no movement whatsoever. Bulls just ain't chasing pussy.
The market is already saturated with female birth control and reproductive health products, there doesn't seem to be much interest in a slightly better or more effective version of what already exists.

Attached: 無題.png (832x782, 472K)

Jeez not one but two trash posts, good job

>up 128% past year
What was your entry point?

the first one isn't my fault its not even my life story

If my 270 SPY puts expiring tomorrow net me a profit we're all doomed (except me because I'll have made a 4000% return).

Futures are barely south of flat. S&P is at -0.09% right now.

They mean something if there are big moves happening. There are no big moves happening.

Attached: sagiri.jpg (714x1000, 639K)

Low 1s

CBD pussy cream when?

Yeah. But we don't really need futures to determine how things will go when open happens when those big moves happen.

saying futures dont matderp am same as saying Monday or Tuesday dont matderp you super dummy

Attached: 1552704133022.png (1151x734, 467K)

no it isn't

Attached: 1529620550801.jpg (247x329, 29K)

yes it am

hey buddy, wanna get knocked the fuck out?

golden bull style tomorrow

Attached: move.gif (473x650, 3.38M)

me sorry

Attached: Denial.jpg (681x389, 87K)

Just quit speaking like a retard and start shilling LCI. Its a dead giveaway there's no signs of life.

Who here
/X-BALL RUN/?

SIRI

Give me the average IQ of /smg/

I scored a 142 as a kid but when I took one in highschool I got a 126 so by now I'm probably like 108.

135 last time I tested

Attached: 1552400371215.jpg (450x508, 47K)

Lucas is that you?

Attached: 1552867436210.jpg (960x502, 39K)

>this is how real boomers use their iPhones
Siri has too much tummy for me. I still would though.

boomers use alexa

I sent Jeff Bezos an email a month ago with an idea for Alexa and I still haven't gotten free stock wtf.

first time investor going to invest in beyond meat once they go IPO. still learning about the stock market and have a brokerage account set up.

Dude 69 lmao

SPY Put/Call Volume ratio is 1.46, and Open Interest ratio is 4.33. That means the market is going to soar sky-high, right?

>It’s strep throat
>now I have to go to doctor to confirm

FUCK
I’m going to sleep through all the action on VSTM and LPTX tomorrow while antibiotics just fuck my statem up, AND I wasted the weekend resting thinking that’s would help and it didn’t do jack.

It’s all ogre for me.

Or that puts will make a killing. It's a good bet when the least amount of people are making the most amount of money.

Important LPTX times are open and 1-2pm. If it continues to rise past those, and makes it through Tuesday morning without a selloff we're in the home free.
Wednesday-Thursday will dip to new support, Friday it tests resistance.

>mfw holding QQQ puts

Attached: B_U_S.gif (914x1091, 30K)

NUUUUUUUUUUU
SELL PUT
NAOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Attached: 1552754143944.jpg (839x610, 110K)

I hope Dis stock tanks to least 113 on the 20th. Your Fox will gain more leverage the more Dis tanks. Pls let it tank, I've got a "free" Dis share riding on it. I mean yeah no mater what I'll gain on the deal (cash or stock) but still..

What do you see as an end point for LPTX?

>It's a good bet when the least amount of people are making the most amount of money.
Puts are higher here. Put/Call ratio is the ratio of puts to calls. 1.0 would be equal puts to calls, higher is more puts than calls, less is more calls than puts.

Right now we have, for March 22:
Put Volume/Open Interest is 207,657/623,075
Call Volume/Open Interest is 142,075/143,933

So bulls will be making the profit, not the bears. Time to buy a single at the money $281 call.

You have to wait for over a month, lmao it's over for RKG

Attached: 1487281121818.jpg (258x195, 14K)

I'm staying in it long, even if I end up selling on a spike this week. It's the pet project of hcven.com/ - a 1.6 billion dollar life science VC firm (chief investor is president and CEO of leaptx).
The IPO was only in 2017 so it has plenty of room to grow. Strong long term profits and plenty of catalysts to lock gains along the way.
They might get bought by Lilly Eli too.

Attached: 無題.png (793x578, 272K)

>Futures are blood red.

Also they meandered their way in to the north side of flat in the last hour.

>He truly thinks the S&P is going to keep climbing

We've reached peak complacency

What do you guys think about Google entering the gaming consoles market here?

bearcucks lmaoooooooooooooo

>REMINDER SPX IS UP +20% SINCE DECEMBER 24.

If you aren't short you deserve to lose all your money. Do you think the US economy grew 20% fucking percent in 3 months? Are you serious??? We are in a delusional mania phase. I would sell everything immediately and wait for inevitable crash.

>S&P as a whole has been climbing since it was founded.
>Durr guys it not gonna climb u retarded.

The absolute state of bears lmao.

I have spent just under 10k this month on:

BA
ALK
T

ALK is in red since buy
T is barely green
BA is up 2%

Should I cost average into T and ALK?

I have attempted to short this bullish trend twice now and got squeezed out on fresh highs both times. The market refuses to reverse. The most recent little dip off the quadruple top was the best chance yet but the buy volume on the low was intense. This market isn't going down on technicals. There needs to be a catalyst or new ATH.

I know. Feel free to baghold a short position. I think it's going to take a while.

>What do you guys think about Google entering the gaming consoles market here?

From vidya standpoint I think it's neat. From trading standpoint I'm not sure if it's going to be a value add for the company for some time to come, assuming the console takes off. Microsoft didn't start making good profit on the xbox until long after initial launch.

Green day tomorrow.

Attached: kek-brainwaves.gif (640x636, 359K)

Expand your charts. It's roughly flat since 6 months ago.

Not saying I'm bullish (except on oil), but there's no reason to suddenly go bearish either. Need some catalyst if we're gonna crash again.

Once a China trade deal gets announced it's going to pop another 5-10% and you're going to miss it.

The deal is already priced in.

hope those are far out for your sake

> QQQ is red all week

103 days till exp

Attached: 1552867326178.jpg (400x300, 29K)

Weird. I thought we were done with consoles. I just want a tablet that can run a full speed up-resed gamecube emulator. Nintendo makes beautiful games when they're not running on nintendo hardware.

Shut up, Bobo. Let me dream.

Attached: PUNK_ASS_BEARS.jpg (299x300, 19K)

>bein cucked by the indices
not gonna make it fellas.

Fine believe whatever stupid shit you want, I'll be here making money.

You won't be making money as a dummy bull

Attached: 1552850799389.png (1080x1080, 1.57M)

>The deal is already priced in.

I think the market is trading on assumption of passable deal, not great not bad, and dovish fed for the year. Fed starts hiking again or bad deal/no deal comes through, that'll be a sell off.

>Looks at bank account with almost a million dollars from investing in the 10 year bull run.
Whatever you say man, just trying to help you out.

You on the right

Attached: 1552253109412.jpg (1205x805, 176K)

Can this next recession please hurry up already

FANG stocks?

How can we profit from this?

Attached: patent-bitcoin-blockchain-hard-fork-3.jpg (890x614, 156K)

Mostly Sony/cisco/jnj/BofA and sp500 index. Lost a chunk on oil but can't win em all.

>Lyft valued at 23 billion
>62-68$ a share
Place you bets it hits 25 by next week
marketwatch.com/story/lyft-seeks-valuation-of-up-to-23-billion-in-upcoming-ipo-2019-03-17?mod=mw_theo_homepage

Attached: 147AC824-1062-4407-AAEF-B15799F097B6.jpg (470x470, 31K)

>Lyft IPO
>Price surges immediately at least 1.5X initial value (regardless of price)
>Plummets to half IPO value
>Slow build from there on
What're your predictions?

Hey! I just posted that pic kekekek

Attached: 1552692388612.jpg (369x500, 30K)

i just put half of my money into AOBC please tell me this was the right thing to do.

Ooh boy user..
Yikes

at 9.7?
I definitely saw potential upside, but I heard they're not well liked amongst the gun loving crowd. I think the fan favorites are privately held.

I see a similar trend with how Facebook's IPO went but unlike Facebook, Lyft has no immediate way to dig themselves out of the hole they have disclosed in their filings like how Facebook just massively expanded ads on their platforms and charged more for them which led to them going above and beyond their initial IPO price. The biggest risks are regulatory and then profit. Unless that changes, it's a big risk to invest in and if you want to play at all, it should be some kind of shorting.

They make Smith & Wesson, which has several lines of VERY popular guns. Their M&P shield series of handguns are extremely popular, they're generally regarded as the cheapest handguns which are still reliable enough to be used by professional security and some police forces. Their M&P Sport II series of AR-15s are also very well regarded as maybe the best quality entry-level AR.It does suck that pretty much all premium firearm brands are privately held; I'd love to buy some Heckler & Koch, Sig Sauer, Fabrique National, etc

well i bought because of the NZ shooting. he is /ourguy/ and will hopefully give a nice return. crazy fella

>/our guy/
>accomplished nothing
>had accomplices
Lolno

The /our guy/ of Jow Forums is unironically Zuckerberg, the autistic weirdo who can’t act human to save his ass, and probably had to down loads of pills just to stomach his senate hearing.

he was a psycho loser who accomplished nothing besides inflaming social tensions (inb4 xlr8tionism). He would have done a lot better to have addressed the real issue, the political and financial elites who have foisted these immigration policies on the west. Killings do usually drive up both gun sales and cause a flurry of buying related stocks due to speculation though, you've got the right idea

>the right idea
Maybe. That occurred to me, but I can’t find any data right now on % of AR’s sold by manufacturer.

Still it’s not a bad bet. Gun stocks have been down significantly since trump was elected, even though the bull run continued for just about every other sector.

What % of gun purchases are just vanity? Keeping up with the joneses, having the shiniest toy at the range, or just retail therapy? 95%?

Cont.
The people I know who buy guns are the people I know who are the worst at saving money. They should probably be buying gun stocks.

>What % of gun purchases are just vanity?
So many. You ever check armslist for people selling guns? The number of dudes who get their paycheck and immediately run out and get a shiny truck and a riced out AR are astronomical. So many people are on there selling their brand new guns with comments about having to get money to make car payments and shit like that. The 2020 presidential race is going to be really interesting for gun companies financially, if a democratic candidate seems like the likely winner people are going to go wild buying.

I love owning REFR

Seriously though, it's down from 3.49 a month ago. Now is the time to get in Jow Forums

Attached: 20190318_030412.jpg (1080x226, 63K)

>armslist
Holy shit that’s a thing. It’s not even dark web, and it expects people to make sure they’re not violating the law themselves.

Just fucking lol at people on both sides of the gun control debate. It’s not even possible.

>down 20% from the last month!
Yeah but it’s up 128% for the last year.

I’d really be curious if you weren’t shilling so damn hard.

I'm not the only poster here talking about REFR, but do your research

Also, from February

business.nasdaq.com/discover/market-bell-ceremonies/detail.html#!/!?ceremonyId=8478

nasdaq.com/press-release/material-science-company-gauzy-announces-second-factory-in-stuttgart-germany-to-produce-research-20190201-00471

sendvid.com/tt43sssk

Just listen to the earnings call Thursday, google REFR and click news. Being up from 120% from last year doesn't matter when this company potentially will be worth double digits per share in the next two.

Yeah it's always wild to me to see activists and protests calling for wide-scale gun banning or even confiscation across the US. What the hell would that even look like? There are 360+ million guns privately owned in the US, likely more than the number of people actually living in the nation. The logistics of that are so fucking absurd kek

MY BODY IS READY

Attached: 1550249530226.png (582x435, 263K)

Bumping to keep alive.
Also in the hopes dubs will give me luck on these LPTX shares

I got MRI done today, MRI machine was from GE, so I asked how old is it
> about 7 years
It was quite comfy, waaay better than MRI I had 12 years ago.
Was thinking about going long on GE, but didnt they sell medical part of company?

>LPTX 3.46 premarket

Fuck me

The Dow is such a meme

Attached: leapin2.jpg (1018x1074, 146K)

It was 3.80 a little while ago.

Attached: leapin.jpg (948x531, 113K)