Is 18.50 a hour a good wage?

Is 18.50 a hour a good wage?

Attached: 1513968953_VA11HALL1-1.gif (537x274, 32K)

better being on welfare

Depends on your age and the COL of your area

I make 26 an hour and I can still barely survive. Putting 1k a month into crypto takes a lot of cutting back on other things.

Good for a high schooler's first job to have some pizza money. To live on? Well, in cities that would be below the poverty line. A "good" wage for an adult is at least $50/hr, or more in high cost of living areas.

just checked it and realised that it's 26AUD per hour

that's fucking fine for minimum wage wtf are americans whining about? dont you guys have cheap food and cars too?

nigger my rent is 1500 a month for 1 bedroom

Kek is that what high schoolers make now? Like 10 years ago min wage in Texas was only $6.25. I have rich parents and I don't work but is that really what high schoolers make now?

>what is inflation

The money supply has also quadrupled since 10 years ago.

>1bedroom
share a house retard

Honestly it’s your fault at that point
I rent from a friends mom for 300 a month

I would kill to be able to make that much

Depends, if you are uneducated then that's amazing. If you are educated then you are working for scraps.

What are you doing with that ~$1,040 a week that you can "barely survive"??

Probably living in some meme city that costs way too much to live in and spending more than he can afford.

$20 an hour is like he bare minimum you need now days to ever live any semblance of a normal middle class life.

do you do sex with her?

I find it funny how this game is so much easier than Papers Please, even though its setting is theoretically so much worse.

well OP clearly doesn't have any prior experience with wage so hes probably new to it and for a first job that's really good. also hes only 2$ off so he can live a perfectly middle class life, just wont be fun.

Nah she has a bf but if she ever offered I wouldn’t say no
I guess it depends on if you are single or have kids and where you live because I’m doing fine as a retail slave at 15/hr

holy fuck... this is literally the same as what my step mom makes as a financial manager and a very decent company in south Africa. and that's before tax too. damn i hate third world countries.

I remember when I was 20 I was making $15 and thought it was a fuck ton and would literally work so hard I would end the day drenched in sweat

Now I'm 24 and make $22/hr and mad at the world for being such a poor fag

You’re crazy. $12 is kinda high, but $18 is impossible.

Depends where you live, retard. I live in NYC and have made more than that since I was 24. No, it's not a good wage here unless you're single with no kids, in which case it pays the bills.

This. I make $23.50/hr and it takes absolute dedication to budgets, cooking meals at home, cost-cutting measures like coupons, going to dollar stores, mapping routes so I save on gas, on and on and on - just to have a semblance of normal suburban life with a wife, two kids, average house and two average cars.

I don't off myself because my kids need me.

Then that means $20 an hour is more than enough for a bachelor.

I agree.

I make 3k a month, after taxes, as a single parent. It sucks.

I honestly feel like I will never be able to own a home or a car from this century.

Sounds rough. Best of luck out there friend, I hope you give your kids a good life and good financial literacy.

Also hope your wife doesn’t divorce-rape you for the sake of your kids

>$12 is kinda high
Where?

For high schoolers level minimum wage work