We'll deactivate our centralized oracle

>we'll deactivate our centralized oracle

Attached: IMG_20190318_193030.png (1080x1463, 181K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.synthetix.io/migrating-away-from-trust/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

is this Oraclize

Attached: 1552754071073.png (950x693, 164K)

>we'll deactivate our centralized oracle
>our

Why would I pay for link when I could just average together price information with a simple script?

blog.synthetix.io/migrating-away-from-trust/
A literally who project.

fpbp

They’re deactivating their oracle because there’s no money in the oracle service business. Chainstink is just another memecoin, wake up.

Kek

This user gets it

Do you know what an Oracle is...?

Yes, there is no need for ORACLES, in the same whitepaper they say a manual input oracle is NEEDED in the end of the day, some human needs to input the data so the speed of the oracle is meaningless compared to how slow a human is

In this context it's an attempt to put real world data on blockchain in a trustless manner.

Which is an exercise in futility. There's no point in just letting a bunch of node operators scrape a bunch of api feeds and pretend it's any more secure than multiple sources parsing those api feeds directly.

you cant be serious

you say "secure" but you really meant "true"
Oracles do not and cannot ensure that the data provided is true. They simply make sure inputs that smart contracts receive is the same as the output of a data provider

Once this is done we now have a complete system with insurance in place every step of the way. If providers fuck up we can blame them. If they dont but the data gets tampered with we blame operators. If the data delievered accurately we blame the smart contract

YOU NIGGER do some DMT and you will realize the true nature of LINK

DELET THIS

>cannot ensure
Then it's not an oracle.

If I have to determine what data is true and what is not, why do I need link? I can just write a simple script that dumps whatever information I want on a blockchain.

How so? It is a literally who

>Ignores core content and obsess over words
why do folks do this? It permeates even in political discourse and forms the basis of why current climate is such a shitshow

>hurrr if it can't ensure the data source it's not an oracle
Confirmed for not knowing what an oracle is.

Thread derailed
Everyone shut the fuck up and do some DMT

Attached: 56CD25EB-CD88-4016-88AA-7FE6E6914432.jpg (640x654, 149K)

no idea where to source it

Because that was the central point and the central flaw in your comment. The rest is irrelevant.

In this context it's an attempt to put real world data on blockchain in a trustless manner.

Which is an exercise in futility. There's no point in just letting a bunch of node operators scrape a bunch of api feeds and pretend it's any more secure than multiple sources parsing those api feeds directly.

>sources parsing those api feeds
"sources" and "apis" are overlapping terms.
You're saying sources should be scraping sources.

Nope. Sources like two parties would provide two different information sources. Which are both informed by multiple api feeds.

source=manual
api=automated

So manual sources would be scraping automated sources?

[redacted] fud bot!? Bullish af

Yeh, more for the people following along. You know these shills don't read anything they're replied to with.

>Eventually, we'll deactivate our centralized oracle

Attached: 1517612341635.gif (320x152, 681K)

Why should I write a simple script to pull data when i can just Google it

this is what happens and will continue to happen until chainlink is completely gone and irrelevant

there are others wasting no time developing bigger and better oracles

gg

You don’t need to have random NEETS acting as oracles. You and your counterparties can run your own nodes on chainlink and provide an assurance that none of you are tampering with the data. Chainlink doesn’t force a definition of “trust minimization”, it leaves that determination up to the participants of each specific contract

Doesn't this mean they will be slowly switching over to decentralized oracles and deactivate centralized oracles?

Why is everybody celebrating this like its link's death?

Why would I just google it when I can have a json parser or web scraper do it for me?

All the benefits of standard automation practices without the extra cost of paying for link and the losses involved with converting currencies.

?

Attached: 1517499889811.jpg (720x720, 61K)

It was a pretty straight forward statement and question.

Why can't we just do that with our own parsers and/or third party parsers and compare the data with a script?

All the benefits of link with none of the cost.

this is obviously good for chainlink (even if it's a noname statement)
it's discord retards trying to keep people from reading

>belives what is told in anonymous mongolian image board

friendly reminder that corda is using oraclize :)
you fuckers don't even realise how big this is

this board is retarded at the moment, good link chat is now elswhere. All I see in biz is pnd shit coins

You are using greentext wrong you fucking faggot. I was asking a question in no way does that imply belief.

All the dot connectors have left. What’s left is disgraceful.

nice trips. They are still here they are just tired of posting shit to biz then having some faggot post it on their twitter for e cred, all while pumping the price

that is a very dangerous way of viewing things in a discourse, a guy calling you a faggot doesn't mean the rest of the content would wouldnt be true

in our case there was no insult but had you read further there would be this snippet:
>Once this is done we now have a complete system with insurance in place every step of the way. If providers fuck up we can blame them. If they dont but the data gets tampered with we blame operators. If the data delievered accurately we blame the smart contract

With this there's always someone in the system that can reimburse or be blamed in the event of a failure. Nothing in the world can ensure that the source data is reporting true information

>Why would I just google it when I can have a json parser or web scraper do it for me?
This statement assumes the cost of building your own oracle that aggregates multiple sources is more important than the convenience provided by using an existing high quality service recognized by some of the biggest financial and new legaltech institutions

Attached: seal (1).jpg (1383x1007, 242K)

but at the end of the day you're still touching on a good issue - chainlink is just a bridge between legacy and new systems. There will probably be a time where chainlink wouldnt be needed anymore as providers develop a way to directly put real-world data on-chain securely without a middleware

>Mainnet ... imminent ... this time ... no larp ...
stahp

Attached: 1550081898318.jpg (593x593, 125K)

Why should i do anything when i can just kms?

STAHP

Attached: 1531908859133.png (779x900, 25K)

You can already do that now. That's what an oracle is. The question is do you trust the provider? Chainlink is a decentralized network of oracles. You can choose multiple providers, compare their data for accuracy and achieve a neutral and trusted oracle.

Nah, the more accurate analogy would be that someone is calling me a faggot and then basing his entire argument around me being a faggot.

I'm not a faggot so the rest of the points are irrelevant.

All you have to do is get an array, write a function to remove anything too far outside of tolerance and then write a 'mean' function. It's easy depending on what language you use.