PRECIOUS METALS

Should i buy silver bars, coins or skip silver and go for gold?

Attached: silver-bullion.jpg (1920x1046, 141K)

2.5% net worth in silver, 3.5% in gold. Go for the lowest premiums

i actually got 75% of my networth in precious metals, it's not much but around 176g gold and 145 silver coins (11.6g each).
i still have cash laying around so i thought it would be better to add some more to my stash.

25 oz of silver coins
1 oz of gold coins

Multiply at your on discretion.
Keep in mind that silver can become heavy.

Damn that's a lot of gold for your account of money. I'd concentrate on other ways to build up wealth honestly even though I love the way metals feel.

If you're a wagie, are you maxing your employer's match to your 401k? If not do that first, If you're a student do Acorns since the fee is waived for students. Even if not a student it's a quick, easy, and pretty good way to get some exposure to the stock market.

A little bit of Bitcoin is a good bet is well.

Have an emergency fund as well.

Metals probably aren't going to give you a ridiculous return despite some YouTube/Reddit stackers saying silver is going to $200 an ounce (probably not happening too far ahead of inflation). I look at my metals as a somewhat liquid savings that I don't want to ever liquidate.

no wtff is wrong with you dont buy this snake oil
if silver had any "value" youd be able to sell it back to whomever you bought it from at same price. It's like buying a new car, the moment you own it goes down 30%.

it loses it's value in dollars sure, but i still have the physical asset.

I also want to know. What are the best places to buy gold or silver for that matter?

Enjoy buying my silver at the highest price when the economy collapses.

Attached: 1550193591521.png (446x435, 79K)

Precious metals are a scam with horrible liquidity.
When you finally want to cash out, your broker will know your under duress and low-ball the shit out of you.
Literally better to buy Lego sets or fine alcohols as a store of value.

Best bet is Constitutional silver ("junk silver.")
Second best is either American Silver Eagles or Canadian Silver Maples (though if you're buying in the US you'll pay tax on those.)
American Gold Eagles when you can afford them and have decent silver on hand.
Premiums are ridiculous on all except Constitutional silver, be aware.
When you get more than about 100 oz of silver, time to save up and buy a little gold.
Remember that if SHTF, there's going to be a pretty stiff currency reset, Constitutional silver is going to be in high demand and is highly fractional, allowing you to pay a Mercury dime for a meal, or a Walking Liberty half dollar for a week's groceries. (When there is no real medium of exchange other than PM or trade/barter items, and fiat is completely worthless, a little silver will command huge value in its rarity - as it ALWAYS did throughout human history until the mid-20th century when the fiat mess started in earnest.) $100 face value of Constitutional silver is going to go pretty far, and will only weigh a few pounds.
Your gold, on the other hand, may pay to get you a cross-country transport or something big, but isn't very fractional. Picture showing up to a yard sale with a $100 bill. You're going to get massively overcharged or go home empty.
Good to have both, the silver will keep you fed and the gold will buy larger opportunities.
Don't underestimate silver, though. Let's say I have 28 guns. They are large, heavy, not immediately useful in that number, and will attract attention and risk. In a bad situation, I'll sell you a gun for a little silver, because what I need for that one gun is a week's groceries for my family, and the guy who has the groceries already has guns, but needs a trade item to get a couple of horses. The guy with the horses wants to liquidate and move three counties over to be with his family and doesn't want the weight or attention of 75 cases of canned goods.
PM's are a good bet. Silver among the best.

Should I convert my silver into palladium during the next price drop? Mines are closing and the supply is getting super scarce...

just buy mtg cards and wait. Some of them get broken eventually and you get rich.

Alcohol, yes. "Fine alcohols," not so much. Cheap vodka or whiskey in glass bottles, stored well, will always be a good trade item. A 750 ml will probably buy you groceries for a week. Just remember, though, when you need to go on the move, carrying a few dozen bottles of anything isn't terribly practical, not easily hidden, and is probably going to attract attention from the roving bands of people looking for whatever they can snatch. Just like all of human history, people are going to want some concentration of value, and fiat currency isn't going to be worth anything. Ammo (properly stored and in the right caliber), medicines (properly stored and of the right kinds) and precious metals will be king. Nothing else has the right value-to-weight ratio.

what the hell are mtg cards?
like pokemons?

>not investing in bulletproof vests

Exactly. My metal will be whatever price I say it is

Think of them like rare issue physical shitcoins

what about using weed or other drugs for trade? Ketamine should be ridiculously valuable and expensive both as a recreational drug and anesthetic

Just go cut out some catalytic converters in a parking lot

For the non-degenerates, what's going to have surprising value is aspirin, ibuprofen (injury/inflamation), acetominophen (fevers), antibiotics (priceless), antihistamines, topical ointments of any kind, antiseptic/wound care items, and yes, pain relievers - though no matter how bad shit gets, I'm not dipping into the oxycodone for recreational purposes until I'm in actual fucking miserable pain and it's oxy or a bullet.
Short of the opiates, you could fill a backpack at a dollar store for $25 and be the richest man for miles in a real emergency. Who wouldn't give you whatever they have of value for enough acetominophen to break their child's fever? Or enough antiseptic and topical antibiotic to help them save their leg and their life after an injury?

fuck that, apocalypse raves and chain saw jugglers

all these medicin things have short shelf life

learn how to make alcohol yourself would be great skill to have compared to just having alcohol.

Iodin for cleaning water and cleaning wounds.
life long shelf life.
You want that stuff in a SHTF scenario.
+1 to the medicines listed.

25$ of the right stuff can get you a shitton of stuff with a shelf life of 3 years.
25$/year with to potential to save your life sounds like a good investment to me.

Not necessarily, but they do require proper storage (did you see where I specifically mentioned that?) Store it in sunlight or heat and it's fucked, basically, which is another reason it'll be valuable.
Buy acetominophen today with a listed expiration date of 2021, and guess what? If you've kept it cool, dry, and out of sunlight it's still good for years after that. Original packaging can help people determine whether something's been stored in a wet moldy basement or out in the sun, so not a bad idea to keep it looking nice too.
I also gave reasons why silver and ammo were good, though even ammo has a few storage considerations.

Some medicine just have a lower effect when they are too old.
Some are changing for the worse and should not be taken afterwards,
Each medicine should be checked out to be sure.

what silver coins do you have that are 11.6 in weight?

Boomer detected

Attached: 0001.png (973x599, 1.4M)

I'm in US and buy ASEs and Maples without tax. I believe it depends on your state.

Buy silver and gold. 1000oz of silver and 20oz of gold and you will live like a king when currency resets.

I have about 23 ounces of gold and 250 of silver.

Cryptos made PMs obsolete. They’ll moon then crash right back down.

I'll just trade 2 or 3 bullets for my weekly food while you will be stuck with massive silver bags with no utility

Why not just buy food then you fucking moron

This is low IQ as fuck. You probably don't even own a gun lol

50/50 split between silver and gold. All coins. After the great reset, one ounce of silver will be the equivalent of a month's worth of wages.

Because the whole point of this fucking thread is to hedge against the currency becoming worthless. In that scenario no one will give a shit about useless metals, you want actual utility in a barter economy. Just buy bullets and lighters and shit like that if you're worried about the dollar collapsing

>Imagine having to carry pounds of silver to make a transaction
Boomers are fucking retarded

Silver would be best in 1oz coins for trading when SHTF. Buying small amounts of gold would also be good because there will be some picky fuckers out there wanting some of the shiny that they know is worth something. Bullets, guns, medicine and food that doesn't spoil will be the bread and butter of SHTF trading.

I personally buy these 1 gram gold dollar bills because they're not hard to lose and they look cool as hell. It would be easy as fuck during SHTF to barter this for something useful

Attached: gold dollar.jpg (900x900, 139K)

I took the risk and bought a gram of palladium as an investment, i will keep you goyim posted on it, also bought some silver on the side.
Best of luck to my fellow stackers and fuck crypto zoomers

Attached: 973.jpg (637x854, 54K)

Buy silver under $14
Buy gold under $1,200

Gold and silver are not useless but how exactly do you think they became currency in ancient times when civilizations created money to simplify bartering?

Die boomer sCUM

>not using precious metals as your emergency fund

Not ganna make it. Gold and silver is literally FOR emergencies

To elaborate on this, lets say the following situation occurs;

Market goes to shit, people get laid off left and right. stock/housing goes the fuck down. Jobs are scarece, you get laid off and no longer have steady income. NowI wonder what asset class would be mooning in this scenario?

Attached: emoji-thinking-3d-model-low-poly-max-obj-3ds-fbx.jpg (500x500, 21K)

If I invest in precious metals and I live to be an old man, should I cash out at all?

Neither will get that low again especially gold.

is it best to invest in strictly .9999 or are the old European coins that are .9 okay too? I know China only accepts .9999

Leave it to your grandkids

Hey wait a second. Why don't I put my savings into precious metals until I invest them otherwise?

Right. My g-grand... kids...

Yes, why indeed?

I thought about how typical savings account compound interest is barely better than nothing at all. This compared to hard money. All things being equal and judging from the overall value of precious metals I have a better chance of having more value in the long run with earned money as precious metals. This does not even include SHTF.

The only things I want to know then are how much they depreciate as well as how easily they can be liquidated.

Their prices fluctuate for sure, but it’s as easy to sell as it is to buy. Premiums are a bitch but there is the added bonus that in times of crisis there’s typically much more demand than supply. Negative interest rates are coming at some point.

Could we all please agree to invest in silver now and then create memes to disseminate amongsttthe normies. Let's pump this boomer rock to the moon! If Jow Forums could get trump elected, we can pump silver to $50. Literally tell everyone you know to buy in. Make memes. Post flyers. Who's in?

Sitting on 1.1oz of Gold and 124oz of Silver. All cost about $3.5K USD

Well, best foot forward. My latest paycheck was big enough that I could buy a tube of 20 Silver American Eagles. I'm doing it.

Oh, and that's by simply following the 10% rule. I still have plenty left over if I do it.

I do that. feels good knowing I have real savings

Silver is fairly easy to find and plentiful on earth. If prices spike then miners will just mine more and flood the market. Gold only, for that precious metals sort of thing.

Have you guys not read "The bitcoin standard" or any other gold literature?

bury some of it and start rumors no-one would believe

most all .gov minted coins were .900 so thats fine
i like the 4 9s but oddly enough ive yet to see a real premium for silver that is almost 10x as pure

>then miners will just mine more and flood the market
sure kid

Simple bartering does not work. At some point people need a way of assigning value to an item before they'll trade and at that point you have established a market for exchange.

but they dont flood it they stockpile and soar the price mining companies are assholes

Go for the gold. Silver takes too much space for anyone with real wealth to conveniently store. Also, silver is an industrial metal which means in an economic downturn industrial demand will plummet.

Attached: vjhf658857i.jpg (4032x3024, 3.75M)

I think people can forget that money is a technology that automates the bartering process by abstracting it into commonly agreed upon, tradeable units.

google search says silver is about 20x more abundant
just divide gold price by 20 and you'll get the equivalent price assuming all things equal

whoa

Attached: mind blown.jpg (500x461, 35K)

Please stop taking the gold buffalos out of their capsule and playing with them. Four-nine gold is too soft to play tiddlywinks with. If I had one of those I would never take them out of the case they came in.

why does it matter? you're hoarding gold not coins

buying metal in 2019 is a terrible idea in the first place, but buying a metal as worthless as silver is even worse.

spot's spot

Just don't.

Attached: Stop It.webm (478x358, 256K)

I could melt it, dissolve it in acid, piss on it, it'd still be gold.

>75% metal
I'm guessing 20% is cash under your mattress, and 5% is in baseball cards

Its about how much supply exists, relative to the flow it could be acquired. Silver can be acquired 20x faster than gold. So thats how much faster the market can flood.

> silver miners see price rising
> absolutely nobody increases production
> absolutely nobody holding gold sells.

Sure kid.

Billionaires already tried shilling gold in the 80s. Read the book.

Correction: shilling silver, not gold.

They boosted the market by buying a ton, but then new supply flooded the market.

Its about sound money in economic hardship, not the zombie apocalypse. When germany's currency collapsed, you bet they wish they had gold. Any other currency can be made worthless by counterfeit and supply.

>Silver takes too much space for anyone with real wealth to conveniently store.
This is why pms are obsolete

KEK

It depends on if your emergency is your car breaking down, or the end of the global economy.

Buy both, don't be a fag.

It’s still better than fiat as it has actual value. Convenience is orders of magnitude less significant than being valuable.

I guess if the "crisis" is coming, ammunition like 7,62 and 5,54( or whatever it is ) will be much better than your silver or gold coins.

i mean..gold would be so valuable you can´t use it because u need to work in nanogram and everyone would kill you for a little nugget.

if you think the "crisis" will be a big collapse and the end of society, ammunition, medpacks and guns are youre go-go investment.
especially in europe where most countries have strong laws and gunpower would be huge.

i guess in the usa anybody already have all kinds of weapons.

in this case you should stockpile lighters, toilet paper, chicken and women

what are the women good for?

50' of rope is cheaper.

gotta have them tendies amirite? You forgot the chocy milk tho. Maybe one of your women can provide with their milkers

I know this will blow your mind, but you can actually stock up on both PMs and ammo/medicine/food at the same time

Fuck off with your lefty liberal "diversity" shit or whatever.

How do you store it? Bank? Safe? Something else?

Attached: dd.png (2518x1024, 464K)

Just picked up some more gold and silver today at these prices. Keep on stacking!

Rhodium and palladium are pretty much totally illiquid. Platinum is marginally more liquid, but only just.

Can I sell my precious metals at value or should I expect less if I cash out?

depends on what you are selling and to who. I've heard some shops only give you market for eagles. It also depends on when you sell. Now USD is in a deflationary period, if inflation comes back you will probably get better pricing.
If you are some shithole country currency then you should get fair price.

Guys how do I get gold buyers to believe that my gold isnt stolen

They keep telling me its fake because I look like a broke college student who teefed an old ladies shit but I got it legit and I just want monie for it now

Attached: fuck_this_gay_earth.jpg (425x440, 81K)

Who cares if it is stolen. It's essentially cash. But you can meet at shops to get it tested or use an escrow service like escrowdotcom