URBIT GALAXY FOR SALE

I will never be able to afford this, maybe one of you richfags can get in on this: twitter.com/John_C_Burnham/status/1108065059530567690?s=19

Attached: -AafIbEP_400x400.jpg (400x400, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

urbit.org/posts/essays/azimuth-is-on-chain/
opensea.io/assets/azimuthpoints?sortBy=assets_prod_main_age_asc
urbit.org/posts/essays/a-founders-farewell/
jeremytunnell.com/2019/02/07/i-have-urbit-stars-for-sale/
urbit.org/posts/essays/common-objections-to-urbit/
standard.net/opinion/national-commentary/what-happens-when-you-pay-entrepreneurial-teens-to-not-go/article_428c20e9-d8fb-5161-b5c8-052ab6f3bccd.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

6000 ETH? What a fucking joke. This project is 100% guaranteed to crash and burn, but maybe if it were 6 ETH I'd buy this for speccing

Wtf is this autist galaxy and stars shit

Nobody is ever going to use this

a few techies looked at crypto and said--- hmm people are asking for a lot of money, while offering a lot of tokens. so they had the great idea to ask for a lot of money, while offering very little coin/tokens. they also replaced blockchain with galaxies, and nodes with stars, pretty sure they all wear dresses too

That entire project is fucked in the head. Dont piss money on this

Just sharing intel with my frens

Gonna be real, you will be extremely lucky to even find someone selling a star at that price.

Sorry, but this project is the product of one man who's so deeply, narcissistically in love with his idea of his own intelligence that he thinks he can singlehandedly reinvent the entire OS+internet stack. He even made his own retarded programming language to write everything in. It's on a level entirely beyond "not invented here" syndrome, and given that he's also responsible for neoreaction it'll be a nonstarter with normies. His naming sense is beyond awful too. Only the likes of Jow Forumstards would touch this with a 10 foot pole, and I would hope even Jow Forumstards have more sense than that.

waiting for 3 orders to close and i'll soon be at 100 Planets. Last time I was really excited about a project i bought ETH . i'm waiting on a 3 more bids to close and i'll have 100 Planets.

urbit.org/posts/essays/azimuth-is-on-chain/

opensea.io/assets/azimuthpoints?sortBy=assets_prod_main_age_asc

have you even watched a youtube video or read anything on this project. I'm not going to try and explain anything because of course everyone on Biz is too smart to fall for this Scam project.

URBIT

Attached: urbi.png (200x200, 3K)

Why would someone support an autistic alt right NEET project like this?

Why buy a planet? You should have spent that money on a star dumb dumb, and then spawned your own planets...

>given that he's also responsible for neoreaction it'll be a nonstarter with normies
Good thing he left the project.
>His naming sense is beyond awful too.
Galen is changing a lot of that.
>Only the likes of Jow Forumstards would touch this with a 10 foot pole
You're right about that
I would hope even Jow Forumstards have more sense than that.
Wrong on that point though kek

>Good thing he left the project.
Actually I didn't know that. Now if only it were actually a good idea to write from scratch every single thing that's already been written 1000 times before because you think you're smarter than everyone involved with the internet since the 1990s, then maybe this project would actually be a good idea in some way.

That's exactly why I bought address space lol

Can you link to proof he left the project? He still owns Tlon Corp...

Come on bro this isn't difficult to find: urbit.org/posts/essays/a-founders-farewell/

Wow, I actually had not seen this. I'm blown away thanks for posting this.

Sadly him not being at the project literally means I will no longer follow it or give any fucks about it in anyway.

Can't wait to hear about his next project.

He is leaving the space entirely. Maybe Moldbug will make a reappearance.

i am not autistic enough to understand this project desu. although i have been on the mailing list for MONTHS. what's up here?

1 out of 256 galaxies are up for sale. These are the most valuable addresses on the Urbit network. There's only 256 of them and they are currently valued at roughly $1M each.

You're paying premium if you're buying planets at these prices.

LMAO dude you are fking retarded, thanks for the laugh.

Yeah not sure why anyone would do this. A star is essentially buying 65k planets with additional privileges.

and how much do you think i'm paying for them?

The last star sold for 24.3 ETH, or roughly $3.3k. That's 5 cents a planet bro.

Not to mentioned the potential for a consistent stream of income if this meme network ever reaches mainstream adoption. Stars are going to be $1M, planets won't cost more than $100 apiece in our lifetimes.

The lowest price I've seen is 0.05 ETH. If you paid 5 ETH for 100 planets you're retarded.

I'll sell anyone here 1000 planets at .03 ETH apiece and then promptly purchase a brand new planet with the proceeds.

Star*

Prices are going to fall a lot lower than that as investors realize people won't flocking to Urbit anytime soon. It's way too erudite and "gross" because of the Moldbug associations for normal web users to touch. I reckon the censorship on normie internet sites will have to get MUCH worse before any kind of critical mass moves over to Urbit, Alex Jones, Zerohedge, JRE, whoever else's media will soon be on the progressives' chopping block. But even then it could just be seen as a virtual res for the right wing and fringe left. Galen would have to do a Steve Jobs-tier job at marketing it for mass appeal, and frankly he doesn't seem capable. The best approach would be to not even bother courting normalfags, double down on the inherent NRx design philosophy behind it and set it up as a parallel OS+internet system for the alt-right and other refugees from MSM internet services and media.

The real win for Urbit would be to get all of Gab, the NRx and HBD bloggers and groyper/frogfaggots on twitter to move over to it. I'm sure I would start using it in that case.

I just realized i always enjoy the Urbit threads on Jow Forums and usually post in them too. I think many of us are probably pining for this kind of independent censorship free internet, whatever quibbles people have with Curtis's alleged megalomania/overengineering.

Is this some sort of artistic thing for ´intellectuals´? Like ´artists´ sell a plastic bag with a stripe on there for 3million?

Glad to have you here user. I recognize your writing style, I'm usually the OP of the Urbit threads here. In the next year or two Urbit should be usable for anyone who can use Metamask. I'm super fucking pumped for this project to come to fruition.

Also just to reiterate, lads. Almost every single Urbit thread you see here is the doing of a single autistically-fixated wagecuck, usually phoneposting at work. I will not stop posting making these threads because I can't stop thinking about it.

No, this is not a regular meme NFT (close to one, but it is actually useful).

This is tokenized address space on a barely usable computing platform.

>There's only 256 of them and they are currently valued at roughly $1M each.
If they were truly valued at that price then why is there no liquidity? This guy is already discounting his by 20% because he doesn't have any offers. He has likely been with the project a long time if he owns a galaxy and he recognizes that he won't be able to recoup his investment in a year when this thing unlocks. He knows he's better off putting money into other assets that are less speculative while the market corrects.

I don't have time to relay all the research I've done on this.
jeremytunnell.com/2019/02/07/i-have-urbit-stars-for-sale/

You niggers serious with this? Digital real estate is a scam straight out of 2005.

The man selling this Galaxy is a cofounder of Tlon. This is the first Galaxy to be put up for sale on the OpenSea DEX. There is no exact valuation for these assets.

Some whale dumping an entire galaxy doesn't inspire much confidence in its profitability at star-level.

Reminder that this network becomes more valuable the more distributed ownership becomes. The founders cannot just hoard their galaxies. I guarantee he has a few other galaxies that he isn't touching.

I don't see him on the Tlon site? So he co-founded Tlon, which oversees the Urbit network that isn't even complete (and won't be for another two years minimum) and in turn they gave him equity exceeding $800,000? Possibly more if he owns multiple galaxies? Idk that sounds ALOT like whales dumping their bags. Also what's the point of having a lockup period if whales can just sell their NFT anyway?

Meaning he left an incomplete project and still gets to dump his bags for $800,000?

He owned those galaxies before they were selling for that much. Also he no longer works there. I don't have time to spoonfeed information right now. I'll try to provide more information when I'm home.

urbit.org/posts/essays/common-objections-to-urbit/
>The rest of the galaxies belong to donors, investors, contributors, contest winners, and just random people who were in the right place at the right time. One is a Silicon Valley tycoon. Another is an Orthodox nun in a monastery in Greece. A couple are ex-Tlon employees who might totally hate us. There is nothing they all have in common, which is sort of the point.

>This property distribution looks a lot like land ownership in the real world -- complex and asymmetrical. That's no accident. If you have a problem living in New York because New York's real estate is not distributed equally among its residents, you may have a similar problem with Urbit. The reality is that Urbit, like New York, wasn't born yesterday and comes with a complex ownership history which we couldn't possibly change, even if we wanted to.

It isn't news that ex employees have galaxies.

standard.net/opinion/national-commentary/what-happens-when-you-pay-entrepreneurial-teens-to-not-go/article_428c20e9-d8fb-5161-b5c8-052ab6f3bccd.html
This is the story of the Thiel fellow recipient who co-founded Tlon and is now selling an Urbit galaxy.

>I don't have time to spoonfeed information right now
>23 posts by this id

bags getting heavy eh? starting to realize the "value" of your "investment" is obscured by smoke and mirrors, and that you can't actually find anybody to buy your shit?

kek

I could dump my bags at 3x profit right now, faggot

sure kiddo

that's why you are on Jow Forums shilling your MLM digital real estate scam

...because you're in profit and everything is going well

LOL.

Like I said I am phoneposting at work and still going through a ton of unnecessary effort to answer questions that anons have because I've spent a retarded amount of time going down this rabbithole. People have predicted that star prices will go down over the next year which I would love both for the NEETs here and also so I could pick up more.

I bought my stars for $1k apiece last month you salty cuck.

you chose to "phonepost at work" to shill your precious scam, dipshit

I don't care about your circumstances. Nobody does. I don't care about your "unnecessary effort". Nobody does.

You are a whiny faggot and probably way lower on the pyramid scheme than you wish you were, and you realize you are about to lose your ass as the stops are pulled out on you, and people like you.

You bought pieces of imaginary real estate for $1k each? Wow, that's really fucking retarded. Congrats on your actual brain damage. Good luck finding somebody to buy from you in turn.

>I don't care about your circumstances. Nobody does. I don't care about your "unnecessary effort". Nobody does.
You certainly seem to care quite a bit yourself. Otherwise don't fucking reply to me with your negative energy. I have plenty of good discussions with people in these threads, up until killjoys like you come along.

>negative energy

Here is some more negative energy for you, stupid nigger. Go back to plebbit or shillogram or wherever the fuck stupid narcissistic faggots hang out and hold each other's dicks.

Attached: 1550639538686.jpg (1024x742, 101K)

>that spacing
>telling literally anyone else to go back

Just trying to be considerate for you, phoneposting faggot.

Attached: clownworld.gif (607x609, 754K)

Errrrm, nice one? You sure got me there, buddy.

Attached: 0zghtfdw1yn11.png (268x188, 7K)

By the way pic related is the voice I read this comment in and also how I imagine you look irl. I hope you're not seething too hard behind that monitor.

Attached: 530-90_omgspray.jpg (530x530, 56K)

>double replying to tell someone that they are mad

dumbass!

Attached: clowndab.png (757x615, 184K)

Check the price for planets from 3 days ago and now. Look at the volume from 3 days ago to now. This is just me with a little amount of money moving the asking price 2X . Just one person with little money now what if someone else or or some others with a little more money than me started buying. Just imagine that for a bit . Do yourself a favor and get a couple.

Attached: Screenshot_20190318-105012_Chrome.jpg (1080x2220, 343K)