/smg/ - Stock Market General

the hanged mouse edition

>I'm new to the stock market, what stocks should I buy?
Before you buy anything, make a brokerage account and read investopedia articles and/or the books in the OP list. If you don't have a broker, you can't buy stocks and if you blindly buy things without understanding how the stock market works or doing any research on the individual stocks you're buying, you will lose money and it will be entirely your fault.

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg

List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
pastebin.com/y9PRQLR3

Earnings Report Calendars:
calendar.google.com/calendar/[email protected]
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

Boomer Investing 101
bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

Mice who have yet to get the cheese:

Attached: 8732529smg.png (720x1280, 146K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cnn.com/2019/03/19/politics/us-china-trade-talks-resume/index.html
bizjournals.com/boston/news/2019/03/19/fda-approves-sages-first-ever-treatment-for.html
cnbc.com/2019/03/20/insta360-plans-2020-ipo-after-raising-30-million-in-funding.html
fairfieldcurrent.com/news/2019/03/19/jw-asset-management-llc-takes-10-73-million-position-in-aurora-cannabis-inc-acb.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Dude weed for 2019.
Also, AYTU looking good for bulls

Attached: 20190320_072904.jpg (1080x1076, 685K)

As an avid pot smoker I plan to short dude weed all the way. Fuck dude weed. I just want them to legalize it so I can grow it at home. People should be buying grow equipment company stocks, not weed stocks.

First for Powell plays nice like a good boy who knows he's a good boy yes he does.

Attached: fb95ba74bc3549.jpg (1000x1414, 242K)

Wait so now that I'm up pretty good on TYHT I cant trade it but the Chinese still can? I need to wait until 9 in the morning and hope it's not dumped by then? The fuck?

Dude Elon is going in the trashcan

Attached: 1552970820261.jpg (640x640, 36K)

So I'm pretty happy. Get a free Dis share plus get stock in the new Fox corp. Upon market open tomorrow we'll see just what all goodies my portfolio shows. Since the deal is done at 12 a.m on the 20th (midnight tonight) it should be all there at 9:30 a.m

The market is fucked and here's why

>Doesn't raise rates because the economy is too fragile
>"Uh oh somethings up with the economy"
>Sell off at open

>Raises rates
>"Uh oh he raised rates"
>Sell off at open

The language around the decision matters.

Yellen was VERY good about this.

Honestly they should just say they all have the flu and call it off.

Is this 40hara?

I AM THE PLUG

Attached: 513298E4-B445-4AC5-BAE2-03A447D266D6.jpg (680x763, 48K)

My name is Jerome, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are poor, retarded, degenerates who spend every second of their day looking at stupid ass charts. You are everything bad in the the economy. Honestly, have any of you ever gotten any dividends? I mean, I guess it's fun making fun of people because of their gambling addictions on weekly options and chinese scam stocks, but you all take to a whole new level. This is even worse than buying BGFV at $9.50.

Attached: 1545173939200.jpg (600x622, 56K)

That was my assumption leading up to the last fed shitpost but it didn't work out that way. People want to keep buying, I guess.

The last fed announcement led to a red day I believe. This'll just be the straw that broke the camels back when its compounded with the china news (remember that current market has trade deal at least somewhat baked in)

>The last fed announcement led to a red day I believe

Which people duly bought up. We'll see. I might mess around with the vix a little tomorrow around meeting time.

China trade news today was mixed. There was a brief hiatus over differences but now the story is talks to continue next week.

cnn.com/2019/03/19/politics/us-china-trade-talks-resume/index.html

I have about 1000 invested in bearish positions that will reward me enough to offset any hits my other stocks take if the market tanks.

me HEXO financed new video card ordered from Amazon 1 day shipping not show up today

time for Amazon short

Attached: 1707069.jpg (795x1100, 494K)

VTSAX

market buying tomorrow

Interesting. Seems little late now tho
bizjournals.com/boston/news/2019/03/19/fda-approves-sages-first-ever-treatment-for.html

Is the golden bull real?

Attached: 1552753888440.jpg (599x787, 60K)

wait a few years

the golden bull is in space

Nai

Attached: 5884180.png (1158x747, 348K)

why did it tank this afternoon

remember how much everyone was freaking out in December and the market was falling with seemingly no end in sight
and then one day, it just stopped
buying just about anything down there would have been a great opportunity in hindsight, yet people were freaking out and selling
and most people won't learn from this, either
whenever the next one happens, they won't buy on the way down because they don't know when the end will come and they aren't willing to take a risk

Attached: nuturu.png (629x523, 222K)

Periodic update, I don't post very much anymore. Down $1280 on BA 390 calls for next Friday, up $265 on 10,010 shares of MYOS at 1.67 average (didn't sell at $2 today, wish I had) I've had for about three weeks, down $850 on 1000 QBAK. Touched $25K on paper today for the first time sinceNov 14, with a career low of $10,860 on December 24.

I'm assuming BA will be a total loss, if the calls get up to $4 before Thursday's close I am bailing. Otherwise, holding 'til expy. Next goal: $25K so I can day trade at will, next one after is get back up to $30,891.99, my all-time Robinhood high.

Keep hope alive, bros

Attached: when she says audit me daddy.gif (260x260, 2.01M)

BOJ meeting ended

Attached: y17.gif (480x270, 783K)

based and oldtrip pilled

What's the price point on QBAK? Just got in

I beefed it and got in just before earnings with a meaty 6.38 average. I feel comfortable just sitting around waiting with QBAK and MYOS, QBAK a lot more so, admittedly.

Shouldn't have played BA, other options (ARLO calls for July, selling UXIN covered calls before it rocketed however long ago now) had finally been consistently working favorably. However BA resolves, I'm putting a one month moratorium on big dick options plays

Attached: paul i i i thought you were a paradigm shift.jpg (1000x1244, 241K)

Good luck bro.

wtf is everyone saying they've been down for I don't see a problem

Attached: IMG_0565.gif (675x1462, 121K)

remember how much everyone was celebrating right now and the market was mooning with seemingly no end in sight
and then one day, it just stopped
selling just about anything down there would have been a great opportunity in hindsight, yet people were freaking out and buying
and most people won't learn from this, either
whenever the next one happens, they won't sell on the way up because they don't know when the end will come and they aren't willing to take a risk

Attached: 8746287.png (817x1153, 765K)

inb4 this is just a bigger version of what happened in late 2015-early 2016

Attached: spy.png (575x333, 15K)

I could live with that

Attached: Screenshot_20190320-081122_Chrome.jpg (1080x970, 163K)

based and reverse split pilled

Attached: newfag test.png (569x364, 30K)

I have set aside $50k (half my portfolio) for this purpose. When do you think the next crash will be? we have been in a bull market for far far far too long

Attached: 30yearoldian.jpg (480x520, 20K)

why didn't you buy in december? you probably won't buy the next crash either.

I was buying small amounts. Every pay check i contribute to my "bear fund" for when the next happens. During that period I switched to buying

well sounds like you have somewhat of a plan, which is better than most. i find it useful to keep a certain ratio of stocks/cash, and that's meant buying over the last few years even though i didnt want to, but it worked out.

Daily reminder that these threads are full of idiot LARPers and manchildren who get off to images of little cartoon girls. Only a fool would take advice from here.

Attached: 1525794656215.jpg (733x597, 232K)

>buying things using your gains
How do you do this? I need to keep feeding the beast. Every dollar I take out is 2 dollars I could've made.

I don't speak mouse

Attached: 1552867901318.png (1024x1024, 13K)

>taking market advice
Not going to beat anything as a follower.

futures seem to say meeting didnt go to well

Attached: 73233082_p2.jpg (656x1025, 78K)

>implying there's anything wrong with cartoon girls

Attached: 15260831445412.jpg (1453x2149, 509K)

Does this mean I should buy Insta360

cnbc.com/2019/03/20/insta360-plans-2020-ipo-after-raising-30-million-in-funding.html

DELETE THIS POST
WE DO /NOT/ TALK ABOUT CHEAP CHINESE TRASH SCAMS HERE

Attached: 7841268.jpg (1181x1181, 262K)

their cameras film in 360 degrees, that's pretty cool

SO DO GPRO YOU BAKA

Attached: 6927815.png (480x360, 110K)

do you fags actually make money?

what was you rate of return last year?

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-02-11 at 11.33.27 AM.png (1174x1290, 1.42M)

the only thing you beat is your scab covered genitals

is that so
well, I guess Ill be leav_

Its a fakeout . BOJ said nikkei investors shouldnt expect 0 policy changes and it caused a reasonable scare, but look at the yen

Attached: y9y.jpg (750x750, 62K)

but does GPRO have proprietary image stabilization software™

Well that was close

Attached: Screenshot_20190320-102327_Robinhood.jpg (317x620, 22K)

WHERES THE NEWS, UNCLE J?!

Reminder that Elonchan has access to time travel and already banged the daughters of the one guy here who will actually have a sex.

Who gives a fuck? Why not post the ticker instead of some dumbass RH glitch no one cares about your penny stock

>I have set aside $50k (half my portfolio) for this purpose
Why don't you sell very far out of the money puts on some stocks that you'll be bullish on even in a crash?

lol did you all in on puts at open or something?

>but look at the yen
i did
looks like its about to possibly moonshot
i fail to see how this will be good for nip markets tho. seems like nips are de-risking on BOJ FUD

godfuckingdamnit i wish we had nips come on here at night desu
i wanna talk to them about the nikkei. it seems to have this elegance and more of a predictability to it than the absolute chaos of the SPY (which is baste for its own reasons, but i digress).

also miss the yuros
around the clock /smg/ was so fucking baste and i miss it tbqhwaouhrn

Nah, bought a shit ton of Chinese dude weed stock. But thankfully it looks like it's going to recover. I nearly JUST myself for like an hour or two

Ratsu can I borrow your dividend.com account if I send you pictures of my cat on twitter

Attached: 1552850799389.png (1080x1080, 1.57M)

YEN AM CRASHING X_X

YES
HYPERSMOOTH™ VIDEO WHOLE SELLING POINT OF GOPRO HERO7 BLACK

Attached: 8812593.png (1441x1035, 946K)

Actually never mind, someone might pose as me and steal your information

will AMD keep rising after today?
>bought at 22
>sold at 24
>suddenly hear the news
>could have made an extra 2 dollars a stock

Attached: 1552276711154.png (370x320, 150K)

general mills tommrow morning

its bizarre that the dollar/yen is mooning while the nikkei goes down, but I dont think BOJ was implieyingd they would stop pumping the nikkei or return from negative rates
-
smg isnt the Multicultural hub it once was

Attached: salx.png (562x517, 260K)

I dont have a dividend.com account you can just type the tickers in for free there

u mad sharelet

>nikkei goes down

barely

The free version only shows three year histories.
Annoying

I've got DIS Puts and they were running how EOD, I better get my money.

running hot!!

>smg isnt the Multicultural hub it once was
i can prolly address this
outside of this general, literally all i do on imageboards is go to foreign ones and argue with them on Jow Forumss

the question is, should i invite high caliber Jow Forumsellectuals that i run across? and no, i dont mean from this one. feel like some will prolly scoff at it being on Jow Forums at first, but once they see the srs discussions we get down to as well as the menes and OC, they might change their tune. fucking recaptcha makes it a hard sell tho for most who arent accustomed to its bullshittery

but idk, i found it incredibly helpful to be able to go
>"hey is anyone from [insert cunt] ITT? what does [insert foreign economic event] mean?"

should i put out some feelers?

>YEN AM CRASHING X_X
ya think?
idk it looks like theyre waiting for the FED shitpost as well. i could definitely see it taking off if we get our own FED FUD over here, not the least of which because of its tradition as a crisis currency

I'd be wary about the GDC conference this Wednesday. Could go either way, but since their GPUs WILL disappoint and infos on Ryzen are going to be sparse for this particular event, it might rise slightly into the event before dropping a good chunk.

What's the date for the next rape hike announcement?

are you looking at weird funds again? if its an aristocrat you can probably surf the net for the info off articles

sure but its still pretty rare that it followed the yen after the meeting

>should I bring /int
no theyre just gonna call us amerilards and try to short our chad index

What do the faggots on the NYSE floor actually do. They just larping?

Attached: BN-VM838_3dMXV_P_20171009222551.jpg (749x499, 132K)

They yell a lot and draw tiddies on notepads

What's up with all these Netflix "killers"? Does anyone else here think NFLX is good for a long hold? I just don't see these other content providers bullying them out of the market. Their window closed.

Did that guy ever find a way to get dividends every day? I wouldn't mind finding 52 stocks to add to if it pays out every week.. is there a way to do that on Dividend.com?

Attached: 1548565893193.jpg (320x320, 12K)

Rupert Murdoch is now the 2nd largest holder of DIS. Is that bad news fir the company? Is that a reason for the sell off?

Oh I am absolutely going to name my schwab savings account my bear fund. It’ll be a lot more fun to pay into now.

>PIP

they probably trade big orders or other instruments that aren't really available to public. I have a business that deals with small public companies and all of the trades take place over the phone.. When I make deals with companies I go to the bank physically and wire money.. When I sell stock I have to call the broker to sell it for me.. I'm sure large investment banks and hedge funds make trades that are similar but on a much larger scale and the people on the floor are probably just the errand boys

More good news for ACB
fairfieldcurrent.com/news/2019/03/19/jw-asset-management-llc-takes-10-73-million-position-in-aurora-cannabis-inc-acb.html

>fighting AGAINST apple, Hulu, Disney/ESPN, Amazon
I would’ve said they were in it for the long-haul, but now I’ve got my doubts. They’re Going to be a major player for the next decade, but I don’t like how few friends they have.

IMMU almost 19 now
I want back in but I sold at 15 already and can't find a dip.

Martin Shkreli seems impressed from what I've read on his prison blog.

its like sort of darkpool now

for close they get a special protocol thats useful

prestige, all big companies has representative on floor

you get really good parking space too

BUY PIP ON EVERY DIP

It'd be the ultimate irony if they get the blockbuster treatment.

again, not talking about this Jow Forums, and i obviously would be using extreme discretion with who i even invite (and thats if they even are interested)

theres a couple dudes i have in mind tho

one russian (dudes like the smartest guy ive ever run into online), a hungarian (if hes interested, idk never talk to him about markets too much outside of geopolitical shite), a brazilian, an azerbaijani, a couple of french ones, a nip (if i can find where he ran off to), maybe a couple two tree germans, and a pole for good measure. its just a matter of if i can find em and if were on the topic of markets

idk i just feel like this place could use some new blood, and i cant w a clean conscience, look for people on the rest of 4chin. every single board on here is chock full of faggots

idk but heres the old image, I think he added a lot so he should post the update

I tried to do something similar through high yields bond funds but they dont fill the gaps, they pretty much all do things the same days

Attached: 1544561304436.png (564x662, 115K)

futures just gonna pump for next 12 hours amint they

Attached: 1544047770759.jpg (815x571, 69K)

I wouldn't mind it being a high yield or not.. as long as it's bringing in income every week

I feel like they would already be here is the thing. The problem is that all euros and shit have high commissions so theyre less likely to be traders

BOJ was just stuck in traffic, its Golden Bull

Attached: kxuxrxax.png (541x397, 158K)

Good point

If I were paying $5 per transaction I wouldn’t bother with trading and I’d just stick with longs and ETFs. You know, investing.

this is the senior loans list i made, youll have to find others to fill the gaps
1st of the month: SRLN
12th/13th/14th day: HYT
19th, 20th day: BKLN, BGB, BLHY,

>you don't make more than 5 dollars a trade

What?

Oohhhh boy. Just in time for cheapies. Will Papa Powell deliver?

No, it’s psychological. When I’m playing around with biotechs and dollar stocks, and see that I’m losing several shares each transaction, I just feel like fuck that.

Attached: C1DD82D9-17AB-47A1-8F45-55BC43CEEB3C.jpg (1099x334, 123K)

How do we exploit this?

Attached: 1553046215552.png (698x635, 403K)

how the fuck much does it cost to make these and what would they sell for

Attached: hFbuVmEfZT2ZT_6AOucbgo5i6D039lIzciN9Z-vGMeo.jpg (768x768, 133K)

you know how desperate you would have to be to be willing to swallow that? 5G combined with robotic anti-depressants.... I can see it now.. millions of people being controlled by a centralized source

Attached: 1549083316465.jpg (680x960, 77K)