Everyone tells me "oh hey trade school user, everyone wants tradesmen

>everyone tells me "oh hey trade school user, everyone wants tradesmen
>try to join plumbing union
>500+ applicants for an apprenticeship program
>Union says all their apprentices are not even getting work because construction companies only paying $10/Hr and won't fuck with unions
>Union looking for people with plumbing experience to even start as an apprentice (WTF is the point of apprenticeship)

>Think about becoming aviation mechanic
>tuition 20-40k for 2 years out of the work force taking school
>no airlines paying for training or giving incentives

WTF I THOUGHT TRADES WERE THE FUTURE

Attached: 1544473164212.jpg (1133x745, 426K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fpp088wHXr4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

be a welder pham thats what im tryna do

Job corps dude.
Free training, food, housing etc.

Attached: 1553035711124.jpg (1024x836, 110K)

African plumber here. I make 100k scrapping the shit.

Call job openings in different states.
Move.

Tradie here

Get CDL and operate specialized equipment

Shit is cash

is CDL safe from Amazon?

>He fell for the make it on your own meme
When will you all learn that nepotism is the key

This is unironically true sadly enough.

I'm currently making 150k a year and I owe it all to my brother who got me in the door. I will never be able to say I made it on my own. Without him I'd never be where I am today.

Revolution is the future. No job is safe

Join the military.

Move somewhere different.

Do not join this shithole OP. My life fucking sucks. t. Milfag

For now .

I'm 29. I don't care how shit it is as long as it allows me to provide for a family. Although I'm getting old and almost a boomer. I dunno if I could even pass the health test.

Tradesfags bragging is a telltale sign of a bubble about to burst. Trades are very cyclical in nature and basically tied to the sucess of new construction.

My boomer uncle who owns a business in the trades was very sucessful 2003-2007, and then absolutely got rekt 2008-2013. Only in 2014/15 did business go well, and things are fantastic right now although not as good as 2017/early 18.

Be careful, new construction sales are down 7% YoY. Global data is coming back very badly, and Australia is basically already in a recession.

What?
I'm 29 and haven't noticed any signs of physical age. Maybe try exercising?

youtube.com/watch?v=fpp088wHXr4

>I'm 29 and haven't noticed any signs of physical age
Post your hairline

fucking this. do you really want to rope yourself into a construction dependent trade right before the second recession hits?

I do exercise and quit drinking, tobacco, and everything. Been back in the gym for a couple months. Getting my hormones back into balance and changed up the diet. But I don't think you realize how stringent those tests are. Anything can you get you disqualified. They could find some small thing wrong with my health such as abnormal blood pressure.

Man if the trade bubble bursts, I'm screwed. Going to be a wagie for life
>t. swimming pool cleaner

You're a pool cleaner. Me too, sort of. Ask you're company if you can move into service work. I.e. fixing & fitting plumbing, heaters, lights etc. One day a week you go out with a service guy and learn the ropes.
Once you have it down apply for the apprenticeships / start taking gas boiler heater college course. Go self employed.

Nice dude. I work at sort of a crappy small company, but I'm compensated well for my abuse. I have done quite a bit of filter work and various stuff. I know that heaters, pumps, and the small electronics is the key thing to learn, but my boss and his partner who do that stuff don't want to train. If I was passionate about it I would just go out and get the certifications myself. They are not that hard to get. Like get my swimming pool operators certification and such. I have been servicing over 50 pools per week for several years. I'm experienced. Live in Houston, TX. I just know that this industry is not a good idea moving forward. Home owners are all broke these days.

I heard Las Vegas is the place for trades, is this true?

Go into Refinerys.

Live the boom and bust cycle on the harshest roller coaster.

Great pay and you get like 7 days off after working 14(?).

Lived in Houston 5 years, also get into HVaC or Refrigeration. Hell, somebody has to fix all the broken margarita machines.

Your best bet would be to get the certs anyway, shore up your resume. Then apply for a pool operator role at a uni or leisure facility. They can earn good money and they aren't constantly fixing things.
Pool operator cert. doesn't really teach you much about the intricacies. Just the general stuff you likely already know.

My pet hates
Pool /spa combos with Negative edges & a surge tank
water features with big ass pipes with the pump uphill.
Fucking shitty valves - the amount of below ground pumps I've seized the motor on due to getting it piss wet through is getting a bit out of hand. I've tried throttling and keeping it running. But often you cant get the lid off. Often the pump switch is at the other end of the equipment room so you cant just flick it off pop the lid off and flick it back on. Bad design.

If they aren't willing to train you call round other companies and pitch yourself.

Negative edges are the worst. Especially when they get a bunch of air in the line and you stick a garden hose in there for 15 minutes just to get it to prime.

Overall the swimming pool industry is annoying. I miss when I was on filter cleaning and small repairs, but now I'm on full route. It's just the most mundane, repetitive job. Every week is the same thing at the mercy of how bad the weather was the weak before. This winter has been a living hell here and the debri is never ending. I need something that stimulates my mind and challenges me. I can clean swimming pools with my eyes closed. It's just tedious.

>WTF I THOUGHT TRADES WERE THE FUTURE
They absolutely are. Just need to wait for all the trade boomers to break their backs and for emperor trump to ban trade spics.

Good luck with that, all the mexicans have taken over the trades in Texas I think. By the time, and if we have control over the boarder, it will be too late. Boomers are going to make it hard for a while. Hell, I'm 29 and almost a boomer.

Try pipefitting. Working in Texas making $36 an hour.

Try doing it in BC Canada. Minus -8 snow blowing down, no heaters on the pools. Half of them have a frozen deadspot that you've gotta breakup.
Ive been doing this for 5 months and ive been looking for other jobs since the start. Fuck this.
80% of the time I clean pools
20% I follow and learn
The glee I get at seeing a near debris free pool on arrival cannot be described.
Im only doing this job so that when I move back home I can get a comfy commercial pool repair job. Spend my days inside a warm big plant room, eventually move into management.

However If I make 300k from trading. I will buy land build a house (I can build and will try to get it as off grid as possible) and work part time teaching first aid or training lifeguards.

Literally just get a Resistance masternode, you'll make it. You think BNB was cool? wait for this.

>Hell, I'm 29 and almost a boomer
That doesn't matter. The younger Western generation won't be able to do trades they all do shit like programming

Piano tuner
>$100/h
>almost no competition
>10 year apprenticeship keeps people/competition away
>you basically sit on the floor and turn knobs with a wrench for an hour or two
>the only competition you'll have is mostly people 50+
>they're backed up from being the only tuner in a 100-200 mile radius
waiting the 10 years sucks but worth it.

Trades are a bit of a meme on here.
Kids without much real-world experience romanticize trades because they make them think of "muh based manual labor, nothing look good old fashioned dirty work"
But the reality is far different from the fantasy.

nobody buys pianos anymore. What will I tune when the boomers die?

I'm a pool guy. No stranger to the life of dog shit, no thank you's, treated like crap, and no glamour.

Trades are an extreme meme here. People unironically think it is commonplace to make 150k in them

>Fighting for the ZOG for minimum wage.

Nah man.

move south and hvac. Get experience and open an llc

I think it is a faster roi than getting a degree that has no demand. Accounting is always an option, but that may get automated.

Lol. If you're not a lazy fuck and actually engage in looking for extra evening/days off jobs even while in union you will always be slaving aka have money in your pocket.

>not going to college for 8 years
>not asking your parents to just pay for it
why is everyone so shy to ask their house cleaners to ask their parents for money? autists lol

Attached: 1552935980635.png (1024x1096, 172K)

>slave away memorizing ((books))
>get “good job” paper
>life time of slaving away in cube
Damn son where do I sign?