How long did it take to obtain your first post-college job?

How long did it take to obtain your first post-college job?

Attached: 9847654.jpg (278x181, 7K)

Almost 7 months.

It was fucking brutal.

i got a job before i graduated. im still there. getting paid peanuts. pls kill me

I was interning at a place and they made me a good offer a few months before I graduated.

I already had a job lined up prior to graduation. Had two weeks between graduation and when I officially started work.

~6 months

4 years

Attached: 1460259852779.jpg (800x600, 63K)

This. It's about 6 months to get out if you didn't have internships.
200 applications, 10 interviews, 1 offer. That's the general "flow".

I'm a month in and I'm working full time at a grocery store as the maintenance guy. There is poo splattered all over the women's bathroom. The projectile shit must be from all these obese women wearing tight yoga pants all day. Yesterday there was shit splattered under the hinged seat. That's some Houdini shit.

I'm hitting my one year mark after graduation without an offer I'm getting nervous Jow Forums

Attached: 46d.jpg (800x450, 38K)

8 months

>let women into the workforce
>they turn getting a job into dating
>jump through all these hoops like a good boy and give me attention and maybe i'll give you an interview
>oh no, our algorithm says you only matched 2/10 key buzz words
>you only have 50 connections on linkedin

I ended up giving up after being rejected for a year straight.

I could find any random ass shit job, but to find a job in my career it took 2 years, graduated in a recession

shitty just get by with rent job pretty much a month and a half.

Actual related to degree job took over a year. and I got it through a fucking help graduates from poor areas into work scheme.

Took 3 years and a masters degree to get dream graduate job though.

I got hired 4 months before i graduated because I don't suck at life lol.

I’m a highschool dropout

t. diversity hire

>No degree
>No debt
>Make $70k / year
Feels gud.

>college
lmfao you retards still fall for this meme

This. I'm a diversity hire I was literally told to my face during hr power points too

Felt a little rude but whatever 100k/yr

almost a year. although i only started searching after 4 months out of college, so 6-8 months pretty much

I don't even blame you guys. I'm about to just grow my facial hair out, get a tan and identify as latino.

Zero days
Fuck college

Attached: ED9A5A47-3609-47C2-9B3E-055B2E67A063.gif (336x189, 474K)

9 or 10 months
>accountancy degree
>applied for literally hundreds of jobs
>got maybe 3 or 4 interviews
>cried to my mum when I got rejected for the 3rd or 4th time
>finally got a job paying £15k because the manager interviewing me knew my grandfather
>hated it, hated the manager
>found another job in 6 months (my current)
>love this job
>just negotiated a pay rise to £25k
>2 more exams and I'll be a chartered accountant
>can expect 35-40k as a newly qualified accountant

keep your chin up mate, it will get better. After getting rejected several times I was fucking depressed. Just don't be a total autist in the interview and try your best to come across as subservient and easy-going

nope, went to the third best school in the country for computational mathematics.

about a year. i was applying online for jobs and never heard back from anyone. then i went to a career fair my school was holding, even though i had graduated a year prior. been at the company for a few years now.

>masters in aerospace engineering
>cant work in aerospace because not us citizen
probably infinity time

Attached: 2CC7CD3D-8E7C-464D-9FE1-B0F1D8C436C7.png (1024x862, 871K)

Shut up nerd

Couple of months. You have to keep trying. Also, there are certain companies that specifically hire people of of college - you have to think of a way to find more of those.

Oh shit. The longer youre unemployed the more difficult it becomes. It's like waiting until your thirties to start looking at marriage. All the good shit is already taken.

y-you're supposed to be married by your thirties?

Literaly beg for me to go and work there, i chose to be a neet and daytrading for 1k a day.

6 months or so but I graduated Dec 2017 and was still focused on riding the bullrun. Early in '18 I woke up to the fact that this shit was dead money for a while and took my chips off the table. A good friend of mine from school gave me the heads up that his firm was looking for a junior guy and I managed to get the role.

Your network is your networth, user. Don't ever forget that.

What do to if you’re antisocial and have zero network but still got a 4.0 masters from #2 in your field? I got out in December and never got past 2nd phone call

>3 weeks
And you all said /frat connections/ were a meme

Phi Alpha faggots

Attached: 9f8cb394fff1dd821b2582237c405518.jpg (1024x1365, 170K)

you'll be replaced in 5-10 years by a computer LOL get fucked nerd should've picked CS

>tfw never worked in a proper job
>worked freelance and did oddjobs during college here and there
>started my own business after

I sometimes wonder what it would feel like to be a wagie, it must be horrible.

>went to an ivy
>bowses Jow Forums

you're either a troll or a lot dumber than you seem

A year and a half, and the job is absolute hell.

Attached: 1552440096607.png (500x373, 201K)

2 years. I got lucky and took some shit entry lvl low paying job. Its was so bad that I took back my old bartending job. Fucking made more money bartending.

Everything is good now. one of the customers that comes in offered me a better job, so I'm finally happy.

nah i went to a top 3 too, Jow Forums really is a big, important part of the heart of internet culture, where else would you expect anyone worth their salt to chill ?

congrats user. Once you have some experience and qualify, your negotiating leverage goes up a lot.

I used to live in London and found the pay for accountants wasn't great, but the experience opens up great opportunities overseas.

Nobody is mentioning major or field, I would be interested in hearing some of them because the differences seem stark between different degrees.

I'm CS graduating with BS in a month or so. Hope I can find work quickly.

I found a job at Starbucks right after graduation

You have a really low self esteem. Clean your room

Computer Engineer - took me 3 months my senior year to find the right one. I had 3-5 offers. They came to campus to interview us. Pick a real major and you won't have any trouble. Pick a bullshit liberal arts major and you'll be poor forever.

Attached: dunce-1.jpg (620x697, 65K)

majored in economics, got a job selling life insurance within 3 or 4 months graduating, same company sponsored me for my series 7 and 66, now I work for country's largest bank in manhattan. managing over a quarter billion in client assets sharing revenue with another financial advisor.

i graduated in 2010.

best of luck user.

by the way I'm also a foreigner, under DACA.

I can't stand americans who think people like us freeload off the system and don't pay taxes. the same people can suck a dick.

Just pay your taxes user, but congrats

I accepted an offer before I graduated. Leveraging the resources while you are in school is the way to do it. Career fairs are your friend. You have to keep that momentum going. I couldn't handle the corporate/office lifestyle tho. I'm a NEET now.

Attached: 1546763726462.png (818x540, 788K)

Nice larp

Did you network with well connected peers?

No time at all

I went to teach English in Korea and they’ll take any warm body with a bachelor’s degree

You have to go back

Graduated in June of last year. Still don't have a job (although I just started actively looking in September). I had an amazing internship for about 1.5 years, but I fucked it up and my boss ended it a couple months before my graduation. Still, it was an amazing experience to be able to list on my resume, and I have a lot of other good work experience too. Haven't heard back once and I've put out a ton of applications with detailed, articulate cover letters. It's brutal. What makes it worse is that most jobs are complete bullshit, or purely sales type crap and it all pays really low despite having a degree. I see jobs relevant to my experiences/degree seeking someone with a Bachelors, 5+ yeas experience, and are only offering $40k-$50k. Like, what the fuck.

What went wrong, user? Accidentally insult a female coworker?

I had some disagreements with one of my bosses. It was my job to come up with new ideas for product positioning/new opportunities, and he was really just using me to push his own ideas even though they weren't that great (I presented my work to another manager). I was told I had free reign, but I didn't. I really believed in what I wanted to do. In the end, it was a great job and I should've just sucked it up, but I let my ego get in the way. I just hated the idea of being a yes-man at the time. Now though, it'd be nice to have a job. Ideals aren't worth adhering to when it comes to making sure you have a paycheck.

after 1 year its hopeless.

god damn yuropean wages are pathetic. what a sad continent

Y’all should put the bongs down and go to Asia

what do you do?

Holy fuck, UK is a mess.
2k bongs monthly posted as a success story.

slide thread by CIA

literally makes what a mindless amazon warehouse worker makes on their first day and he has a degree.

nah I'm comfy here. DACA people like us are making america great again. we are productive and contribute to society

btw I support trump. cause now that he's in office my DACA applications have been moving along 10x faster. Thanks Trump!

LMAO.

stay mad bro and jealous bro.

Holy wtf are those wages

not larping. 100% trying to encourage and inspire some people up here to stay positive. atleast you didnt get out of college right in the middle of a recession and as an immigrant with little or no rights....

some of you younger millennial are so damn entitled.

Attached: trump_sign_s_2015.jpg (1047x1047, 1.17M)

Lol SAE FAGGGG
Say hi to your phi mu(ooooo) cow of a gf while you’re at it

Four months. And it was a part-time thing i could have got straight out of highschool.

You have to go back

>How long did it take to obtain your first post-college job?

I didn't go to college (university) because I don't want to be brainwashed by kikes and funnel fed into a toxic sausage factory workforce to pay off debts.

Started self-studying crypto trading and languages after I finished high school (college) and moved to asia to live the cheap life and not deal with bossy employers, bullshit work ethic and social isolation. I also moved in with a hot asian trap with huge tits who cooks for me and lets me give her the good fuck. Still studying 3 languages and learning more about economics and finance every day from Jow Forums, youtube videos and free pdfs after a year. So now if I ever came back to europe I can say I am fluent in languages of the most relevant and fastest growing economies, which many people in Europe are not fluent in, I have knowledge about different cultures through traveling (important for making business deals), I started my own business without a degree and generally am not a disgusting normalfag. Even if I don't get a higher paying job than through the college economics degree grind I still would feel richer than they ever could through knowledge.
It gives me unimaginable satisfaction to browse through Jow Forums and see these threads about losers in first world countries who are working full time jobs and struggling to even break even, while I sit back eating delicious asian food cooked just to my tastes (fried chicken tonight though) and maybe get some head after. When I'm not increasing my ever growing knowledge of the world, I can watch anime, briefly consider when I'll do my two hours of proper work for the day, and maybe meet my cool friends for a couple of cold beers. Of course, normally I'd be against such frivolous spending but on occasion it's important to meet other people face to face to release some serotonin.

In conclusion, I could live the rest of my life pretty happily without debt and no degree. A degree is worthless.

Attached: 1553053874096.jpg (1000x1786, 248K)

I had one ready two months before I graduated

Feels good doing a useful degree

UK of piss. 40k is considered a "good" wage here

Took me 4 months with a bachelor's in chemistry, I'm in europe.

My advice is to get really good at interviews. Smile, make facial expressions while you give your answers, make your answers personal and relatable, make light jokes. If your interviewer is female and you don't mention you girlfriend, mom, or grandmother during the interview you're making a HUGE mistake. If you play an instrument and don't mention it it's like you don't even want the job. This also applies to any other interesting hobbies. It's ok to give some cliché answers as long as you throw some unexpected and introspective ones here and there. Make it seem like you're actually thinking before answering, it makes you look intelligent. I'm terrible at social interactions, but really good at interviews, so that's not an excuse.

Miguel, while you’re probably larping, most DACA spics are worthless and are total leeches. I know it feels bad because you suffer from a massive inferiority complex, but you’ll have to deal with it; seeing as you’ll never be anything more than a spic with failure parents who can’t build a stable country causing them to flee like rats. Good luck in the next crash. Can’t imagine the average rich guy will be impressed when he finds out JP Morgan gave a spic the reins to so much money.

First I found a well paid job (I had to relocate abroad) and then I finished my Eng. master 6 months later.

>they turn getting a job into dating
fuck this gay earth

Not top 3 but top 4 for my program here.

I never did, so i went into a totally different field and have been there ever since (5 years now.)

Got a trade in land surveying
Hired at end of school

I had an offer within a month of graduating without prior experience of internships.

I turned it down and didn't find anything for a year.

Wouldn't change my decision though, learned a lot from my neetdom.

>post-college
lol

I'm still in college now (graduate this May) and I got my full time job in January. It was at the same company I interned at for. I started there interning at 14 an hour and over 2 years got bumped up to 16. Then in January got a permanent position for 42k and just last week was promoted to a job for 62k.

If u ain't go no internship, might as well kys

connectionlets when will they learn

>tfw 730 connections on linkedin even tho i'm not even out of my internship
>tfw some recruiters sends me dms on the regular for jobs
i don't how you loser do it to be such unproductive useless shits

Never. I had to get some other job related in the field.

>out of my internship
Ah, to be young and in a functioning economy where they just hand out internships to college kids.

Hell, you probably even got paid!

the biggest meme is thinking that Jow Forums is only for social outcasts when it's actually a popular normie board.

negative eight months....I was hired right off my internship and had a full time job in my field before I graduated.

3 or 4 months. No internship experience, but I just got lucky. I have a year long contract experience with a telecom company, but they make it out that if you do a good job, then they'd like to keep you with the company. Currently, I'm basically doing database entry in engineering drawings. I'm a mechanical engineer, pay is kind of low but 40 hours and the company environment is fun.

I'm going to gun for one of their fiber engineering positions

29 with one year internship expirience. graduating at 30 from civil engieneer school.

how fucked am im i ?

>And you all said /frat connections/ were a meme
biz was never opposed to kneepad career route

Feels good: accepted before graduating. started a week after school ended

Feels bad: 27k salary LOL

within 7 months i jumped to 47k so that was a fucking relief

Within a month and i did like a vocational diploma that takes a year for ict.

Got a helpdesk job and moved back to country of origin and after NEETing for half a year found a job within 2 weeks

I did an internship during college which made things a bit easier (I, like many anons in this thread, got my job offer before graduating). But what really did it for me is that on the day of the interview I was more awake and alert than on most days for some reason, so I was able to be super sociable during the interview instead of sperging out like always. Devil trips over here and are right; I finished with a weak GPA and fuckall for references, but still got the job just on the interview alone.

Unpaid internship wasn't slavery after all

>I couldn't handle the corporate/office lifestyle tho. I'm a NEET now.
out of the many things to hate about corporate, what did you in the most?

Why don’t you idiots do internships during college? What do you even do over the summer?
>worked 35hrs a week for 3 yrs through 2 part time jobs, related to my degree, while pursuing a double major.
>tfw senior year I had an additional full-time paid internship that counted as a full semesters worth of credits and then a subsequent internship that lasted for 2 months upon graduating.

I really don’t get it. I didn’t even apply to more than 10 positions upon graduating and easily landed a job making 70k/yr and I majored in fucking political science and philosophy.

Attached: 861CFEC1-F8D4-4A62-B4AE-C0535D28859B.jpg (768x384, 43K)

It’s ogre bro

Start looking into the military or something