>he pays rent (Euro/NYC fags need not apply)

reminder youre a /totalfuckingretard/ if you have a job, arent in school, and are paying rent

your $900 a month rent? yeah, I have a 600/month mortgage on a condo and after all my fees its STILL not 900 bucks a month

oh, whats that? Thru an FHA loan I only had to put down $5,000? and the condo is actually nicer than your apartment? AND cheaper? honey....

oh and would you look at that. i'm literally paying to build equity in my home and not totally throwing away every dime on rent?

after 5 years, you've thrown away $54,000.
in 5 years when I decide to sell, I'll get a nice fat check for $20,000.... JUST because I decided man up and get a loan and pay a mortgage.

in 99% of cities, it is cheaper to pay a mortgage than it is to rent. you are not "saving money" you are literally throwing it away

stop being a rentcuck and man up and get a loan

>have job
>not entry level either
>would have been middle class in a different time
>can afford one (1) one (1) bedroom condo, 700sq ft. max, in a crappy condo building with no release value to speak of

No can do. Not until I can afford a semi-detached minimum in a neighborhood that will hold value over time.

>resale value

383/month
3,000 down
30 bucks a month escrow (property tax)
wow and its in a major city

Attached: SmartSelect_20190321-125728_Chrome.jpg (1397x1875, 771K)

What’s the catch? Don’t tell me there isn’t one.

>buying in peak property bubble

Glad to see buy high sell low mentality doesn't just apply to cryptos

I'm not buying your real estate bags boomer.

yeah but having a mortgage means having debt.

having debt, means you are a slave. At least with renting, the lease is only 1 year. With a house/condo, you are hooked until you pay it off. How long is that going to take? 15 years? 30 years? Yikes.

I'm buying a house rn actually. Been paying 1700/month for rent for the past 4 years. Mortgage on a 300K house will be right about the same, but hoping to find something cheaper so I can be closer to 1400/mo.

Buying real estate is awesome and gives you tremendous benefits.

its a condo, the only "catch" is HOA fees which will probably be 200 bucks a month.

literally every small detail and fee added up is still going to be less than 700 bucks a month. even if you finance your closing costs

most people just assume home ownership is super expensive and renting is cheaper when its not the case.

i would rather take on debt and accrue equity than throw away money on rent. you can always sell after 5 years and get a nice fat check

Why would you not wait until the looming recession to buy a home? You're buying at the ATH right now lol. At least in my shit hole west coast city

Please god don't let this become a thing. Are big banks paying shills to come try and push this on us now? Buying a house is an absolute horrible idea right now. Keep renting, wait for a collapse, and then consider.

Collapse when?

you own a box in the sky. congrats

sell to whom? home ownership is falling, not rising. Millenials are too in debt, or just don't care to buy homes anymore.

Secondly, what would happen if the housing market tanks in the next 5 years? Remember 2008? Home prices dropped drastically. What will happen when the value of your home drops, yet your mortgage stays the same?

How will you sell to get your "equity" when there is a recession? You do understand that the market doesn't just go up, right?

WITHIN 2 YEARS OR SO

You....do know what mortgage means in French right?
Death grip

France is already lost, who cares about a dead nation?

Oh look, it's the guy who doesn't understand opportunity cost and front loaded interest again.

Yes please. I want cheapies.

then I wait literally 2 years and continue to live in my nicer, cheaper, home as opposed to a shitty apartment that I'm already throwing away money living in

This is the catch.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 1.20.06 PM.jpg (2040x1686, 1005K)

>i can just stop paying rent and have no place to live lmaoooooo

Attached: 1542623610452.jpg (645x729, 57K)

>$5,000 in lost opportunity cost
>his nigger-tier parents took an interest-only loan and got fucked in 2008

Attached: tumblr_inline_nt0vfexkpK1spsojg_500.jpg (500x495, 60K)

oh shit your parents are confirmed niggers

Attached: 1355739283325.jpg (1100x1380, 240K)

Actually I fucked up and circled the wrong part of the map. The apartment is a block south in the even more orange area. Whoever buys that is in for shitty mariachi music 24/7 and 10,000 screaming children and Mexican gangs.

The catch is Home Owner Association fees on condos are basically as much as rent.

tell me more about the type of neighbors youre going to have in an apartment complex that charges 900/month

rentcucks are using everything in the book to justify getting fucked by their landlord. the epitome of damage control

this is why biz/ is consistently poor. 15-30 years are u fucking stupid?? you can sell the house whenever you feel like it to get equity back or u can rent the house to rentcucks like urself and generate income, or even better just take out a line of credit on the equity built on the house and buy another to generate rent income

Enjoy your debt slavery in one of the most unstable of times. Planning years ahead is literally impossible, yet you deem 30 year mortgages ... desirable.
lel

please end your life right now.

>muh housing bubble
you faggots have been saying that since 2012

How does it feel knowing there are less fortunate people getting subsidized housing. Ya'll bragging about paying rent and mortgage, but there's people getting housing for literally free. How bout dat

yeah and theyre surrounded by niggers

is this boomer cope or fannie mae psyops?

its a redpill that Jow Forums is having a hard time swallowing

Nigga I know people with 50 year readjustment mortgages from 2007 and they haven't sold.

Complete fucking chimps.

Attached: 1552258773778.jpg (1064x569, 38K)

sounds like a man trying to justify his decisions to himself

Just sold a rental yesterday. Bought at $76K sold at $125K. Only owned it for 2 years. Some couple even paid me $24K in rent it out.