Why do gamers support Steam's monopoly?

Why do gamers support Steam's monopoly?

Attached: epic-vs-steam.png (1024x550, 70K)

b/c steam has done nothing wrong Gaben is unironically richer than bezos.

Because they provide good service. Now I am more worried for steam because of Google’s Stadia competition.

steam still has the best selection of games with a good interface.

>gamers
there's your problem.

pc games are dying anyway, everything is going mobile/console apart from a few niches which would absolutely move over to something like epic if it gives them better roi

>be gamer
>have steam for 2? decades now
>lots of sales
>software functions fine
>most of your favorite PC games on it
>open to niche indie games

>201X
>EA has their own shitty launcher you gotta download to play their 1 annual ok game
>Ubishit has their own shitty launcher you gotta download to play their 1 annual ok game, even if you buy their pos games on steam
>gamers in unison hate these 2 platforms

>2019
>Oh hey guys we got a new launcher you have to download with like 1 good game on it and fortnite
>W-wait why are you angry

Is it really that complicated?

Attached: 1445799755688.gif (320x240, 56K)

Who the fuck uses the word "gamer"? Jow Forums nowadays is ridden with shills and reddit.

Honestly, I'm leaving this piece of shit for a few months, and see what it will become, it will be like time travelling.

See you faggots later

see you back tomorrow Jim

Attached: 1523884004897.png (713x611, 26K)

>Who the fuck uses the word "gamer"? Jow Forums nowadays is ridden with shills and reddit.
shut up kid

1. Not a monopoly; competitors include GOG and itch.io
2. Epic Store is objectively a worse marketplace than Steam Store
3. Several Epic Store timed exclusives were originally advertised as being on Steam, so the publishers are going back on their word

Steam is popular but it isn't a monopoly just like Windows isn't a monopoly despite being in most PCs. Players like it because it's not a trash option, the other decent option is GoG but they feature mostly old games

The only thing that is trying to be a monopoly is Epic stores with buying games and forcing them to only be released on epic games.

Steam on the other hand actually makes it easy to compete with them, which is why Epic is able to do this in the first place. Due to how open nature it is, all it takes is some greedy fucks like Epic to truly compete.

goodbye nig nog

Because veddit is full of 16 year old fatass trannies that genuinely want to be brainwashed for their fetish

Steam is good, the others are not.

GoG is better.

>did nothing wrong
>Cancelled half life 3
ill nevre forgive him

Steam allows communities to grow up organically around games on their platform to include their own IPs. Still support their games but allow third parties to use their titles for competitions and matchmaking services. Marketplace is liquid and easy to access and trade between parties without consent of Steam. I call people niggers in game and never get banned.

The classic, because it's big it has to be a monopoly.

I have never even looked at Epic's store, but I welcome any competition. Steam has grown incredibly lazy. Use the platform for 2 years and you'll have a long list of issues that never get fixed while they introduce new bullshit all the time.

I've always wondered why no-one would make a leaner platform. And frankly I agree that a 30% cut strictly for payment processing and download infrastructure is kind of obscene. That shit can only pass in 2019 because Steam has grown to a de-facto monopoly for 1.5 decades.

If it increases the developer margins and causes Steam to get their shit together in terms of client development - I'm all for it!

retard

Attached: HawkingPep.jpg (381x376, 46K)

Because I still have access to the Steam games I bought in 2005 without any problems. I've tried other stores since then, they come and go and I lose access to the items I've bought.

You're either clueless or baiting