/smg/ - Stock Market General

You might not like it, but this is what Peak Efficiency HFT Algorithmic Trading looks like edition

(me gimp skills not good enough for put charts in monitors yet)

>I'm new to the stock market, what stocks should I buy?
Before you buy anything, make a brokerage account and read investopedia articles and/or the books in the OP list. If you don't have a broker, you can't buy stocks and if you blindly buy things without understanding how the stock market works or doing any research on the individual stocks you're buying, you will lose money and it will be entirely your fault.

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg

List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
pastebin.com/y9PRQLR3

Earnings Report Calendars:
calendar.google.com/calendar/[email protected]
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

Boomer Investing 101
bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

Previously thread:

Attached: dcgyfxo-7c6f8483-ce8b-4712-b790-3ad26670f010smg.jpg (1000x1000, 613K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yVjjuOqMQIw
youtube.com/watch?v=rWotr1UVrRg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

im all in YVR

hold me

Guys can we stop with the whole "liking anime" joke now? It was funny at first but now it's just kinda sad.

Threadly reminder to wash your penis!

Is gymshark really not a publicly traded company? Fucking thots making things difficult.

Man... this week sucks so much. Overall lost money on market, one of my pet geckos died today. Fug.

Attached: 1521662271036.jpg (560x564, 59K)

looks like everyone got just'd Monday confirm for green.

If Monday is green I'll probably recover today's losses. Still mostly long.

Are emerging markets ETFs a meme? Don't really trust those shithole countries

sorry for lizard :(
RIP

Attached: 7803463.png (900x900, 576K)

thanks. It was most likely old age though. That particular species only lives 6-10 years. Mine was 8.

japan's best performing etf is like 1% a year. 3rd world performance is pretty bad too. i think USA is the only country that's focused on shareholder profit, for better or worse.

>snark elitist asshole
Yeah I'm making thousands in the market no shit. Do you think I'm doing this because I want to mix with coal miners and trucker driver-type pissants?
I mean all of humankind is trash and but the right wing has wooed the most repugnant refuse imaginable. At least libtard SJWs wear peacoats and wipe their asses properly.

My REPHtile died today too.

The industry you invest in is made off the back of there labor remember that.

get a load of this angry faggot

Nifty 50 was like BTC until octover last yer

Cool.

this
if you want to be an ivory tower elitist and invest in companies that exclusively employ smart people, biotech is your only option

Sorry for your loss
Will loft hard for scaley frens

Anyone else in LULU? We still trusting basic bitches in 2019?

>elites don't exploit the proletariat

what?

Can I come back from this? I put a bit into SQQQ options for a month out but I'm not completely sure if the market will do another downturn anything close to December soon again. Just tired of losing money, I had 6,000 just a few weeks ago.

Attached: Capture.jpg (717x386, 15K)

Seriously eyeing this for thot based portfolio

Just got downgraded, reports next week, any chance for a sell off?

Also eyeing planet fitness, pintrest, Groupon. And...Ulta?

Thots never run out of money, but they do have a short attention span.

I have no idea how you extrapolated that statement from that post

Attached: 1552805115104.png (375x736, 160K)

Earnings are Wednesday, keeping an eye out

If the market doesn't dump straight down at open sell your shorts, wait for the high, buy puts/shortsfor april. If the market soars at open sell shorts, buy calls for april. If the market dumps buy shorts for this week, sell at bottom, buy calls Wednesday.
Buy some penny puts on the SPY just in case of a crash.

Like, if I want to be elite I need to make money off the back of other elites? Not really. Elites can make money from Earl & Son's Good Ol' Fashion Pig-fucking Dirt Mine all the same as biopharma.

I'll strongly consider the first portion thanks. But why the focus on SPY in particular, I see it mentioned a lot.

my guess is there will be a significant pump monday when the masses realize mueller has nothing. but we're still near all time highs and I think the market needs to range for another month or three before resuming a bull trend.

smg, Im thinking of picking up a huge bag of docusign (DOCU)

Who wants to /doc/ with me?

Attached: docusign-logo.jpg (900x241, 75K)

idk I just like the SPY. The DOW's getting pulled around too much by Boeing's bullshit.

agree

Is this a good insurance?

Attached: 26CA39A2-2D32-4708-A720-00F0A96B30F2.png (1125x2001, 248K)

just hold out for a real recession next year. you are probably going to lose everything when Trump makes a trade deal this month. the whole market will rally like 15 percent.

Plz no fuck
I want cheapies

not if this happens. the market will be a giant green dildo.

Attached: Trade.png (741x836, 481K)

What happens when trump is arrested?

I'll definitely sell off whatever I put in if a trade deal is announced but considering how many different stocks are reaching oversold territory as is I'm a little worried to put everything into calls, there needs to be a little bit of a pullback soon I feel before we see another huge pump.

SQQQAUD WHERE YALL @

PENCE PUMP

What's a good broker for short-selling? I think it'd be easier shorting the top of these biopharma runs rather than getting out before

Can I exchange cute anime girls for TA on TLT?

Attached: 1553223145083.png (900x900, 77K)

this is why you suck, put charts will go red as fuck at open.

youtube.com/watch?v=yVjjuOqMQIw

Attached: 1553197237465.jpg (729x956, 159K)

P R I C E D

I N

Attached: 1552713489003.jpg (720x1080, 141K)

you can put bullish things too, fuck it I hate when the markets are closed...

MARKET
IS
CANCELLED

GO HOME

Attached: 1552887451710.jpg (891x597, 141K)

I want to work until I die. I hate that I'm so fucking different that I love my job and don't have displeasure from my job. My true sadness comes from the understanding that I will eventually die.

Is it Monday morning yet?

I'm taking put profits at open, buying calls

Yeah I think that's smart, I'm sitting in calls and We should see some green or we will be able to change before 1040 on Monday because of the heavy volume.

based trips of truth

Yes but the market will still get a week long hump. I have all of my money in waiting for that, because I am going all in on SQQQ for the long haul once the trade deal bump is over.

what scares me... the amount of international laws broken... so the norks break sanctions, trump dumps them... bob mullers shit drops and there is no discussion of the venes and how they ship crude to houston to refine and refill with gasoline directly violating sanctions again... and trump caves on the norks... so the whole world is losing their ass since trump tightened the belt of the united states... and the step ladder into dove land fucked foriengers and shit,,, fuck it buy amrs and collect profit in fucking june. losers will miss this post.

Honestly I would've held if this happened Monday or Tuesday, but the bull market's attention span isn't long enough to remember further back than 48 hours.

im too drunk, the world is better but no international laws even hold water so liberals win, fiscally conservative individuals win because of how strong of a position it is to be to raise children and be the best kind of individual in the world.

people need to be raised to hate taxes and not expect a refund check. a tax refund encouragement shows how retarded some people are... dont get me started at the advertisers looking immediately at those refund checks, that's some of the worst shit in the world. You just got money I wanna grab Yo money.

I've been calling a February 2021 recession since November of last year, and everything is falling in place:

>yield curve fully inverts almost exactly 2 years before 2/2021
>Trump will likely do everything in his power to prop up the market through the 2020 election (perhaps a few more dinners with Powell)
>Brexit won't happen at this rate, which will begin a brief and undeserved resurgence of interest in Europe and delay the expected 2020 collapse
>Trump's victory in 2020 will cause markets to rally once again before sharply collapsing
>the longer an economy stays bullish, the more irrational its actors become (in other words, all the bears got pushed out of business and only the massive bulls remain, and they'll do everything to deny and delay the reality in front of them).

It just works.

>>Trump's victory in 2020 will cause markets to rally once again before sharply collapsing

Nah he'll lose. Economic collapse at the end of his term just like w/ Bush. He'll flounder trying to pump that shit.

im so fucking drunk i got one shoe on and one off, but here you go this is my call of the month for april.I didn't even look at a chart just buy the umm calls for the oil on the umm fuck it middle of 2nd week like the 8th or so or something oil will be at a buy there you will see a lower low and higher high and you need to watch to grab the spot but it will be a 10 bagger trade

what I will ask is, who do you vote for along with everybody who's not me? My liberal friend's can't answer but. Trump is strong and you lose and will continue to do so...

i don't subscribe to crash theories but if there is one this is the most likely scenario.
>unironically comparing trump and bush
cringe

ok i need more language and less booze, but who do the american people vote for over trump? there is no united, liberals and democrats hate him, but fuck you who beats him, and you can't prove a win since you have no backbone or decision just vote trump stfu and start thinking for your self.

Was just researching Small Cap Growth and Value index funds, shit took off over the last 10 years. Meanwhile folks on here keep discussing shit like Disney that does nothing but go down

voting is for boomers
economy is entering recession this year or beginning of next
but we will be more sideways the next 5-10 years than most people think
if we go under the December lows it wont be by much
but we won't be skyrocketing or growing 7+% during the good times either

big things to watch are demographic
timing really is everything

> mfw I was doing shit all day and just saw the yield curve inverted

Attached: Devin Shocked.jpg (560x325, 23K)

Abandon T

Attached: Screenshot_20190322-232942.png (1080x1920, 840K)

If he loses, same effect, just sooner. In any event, Trump is hyper-sensitive about the markets and will likely choke a bitch at the Fed if need be.

this was going to take months, we are now in month four week after next..... All I can say is niggers can be violent, but it's the south south south mexicans, those niggas no good niggas, argentina and brazil so white and so good at soccer, you cant trust them b. the best stock to buy though it's AMRS

lol Trump would literally print money if he could

>>unironically comparing trump and bush
They're both presidents, that's literally as far as my comparison went.
I live in MA my votes don't matter. I wish there was a geniocratic party. I can't feel comfortable voting for genuine idiots like Trump or other right wing candidates. Honestly a centrist democratic would bring a much more stable market and make it easier for a small liquidity trader like myself to compete with bigger guys.
I can't be a true conservative until I make enough to care about the inheritance tax. Then I'll vote for your team. Then I'll join you in fooling braindeads and religious extremists into voting for my bottom line.

no he wouldn't... don't you understand he will use the military budget and what we disclosed and how the deal was done, our nasa money was cut to provide more obfuscation through the pentagon?

nice OP
you outdid yourself this time RKG

Trump is not a republican, and there are many who identify as repiblican who hate him... I just as a more libertarian must say I like Trump don't stop him. It's actually why I like Obama over Romney and Paul Ryan I hate Paul Ryan, but I voted for Garry Johnson and then Donald Trump, but I honestly compromised my views to vote for Trump... even if GARRY FUCKING JOHNSON WAS RIGHT AS FUCK.... I HATE HOW VISIONARY HE WAS... FUCK MORMANS FUCK UTAH FUCK THOSE NAMELESS ASSHOLES... AND LETS KILL BULLS ON MONDAY!!!!!

shut up but i agree on killing b*lls upvoted based and red pilled

Disney has dividend growth

my advice small caps are the gold mine, some of those will explode, but some of them will go to 0, you need to just really understand what you want from the trade and trade the trade
im fucking drunk...

what good is the div if you bought at $115?

i'm eyeing 10-12. better than small index?

>what good is the div if you bought at $115?
I haven't gotten rid of my 117 Disney call for april.

You better hope Avengers breaks records

Disney's dividend growth sucks, read a book nigger

When/What was the price when you bought it?

I just have a hunch that a lot of people have been waiting to buy the dip on Disney.

I’d take that bet

Idk I bought it when disney was at like 108 yesterday for like .64, and its at .43 now.

>Baggie is the only tripp this weekend

based, GOAT start for an /smg/ thread here

Attached: christpill adventures.jpg (1444x6237, 964K)

>Severe flooding of ‘sippi river
How bad does this have to be to boost the home builders
>inb4 it’s already priced in

>praising a triptard for drunken rambling
C’mon guy. You deserve better.

Interesting that this is the only general that goes to bed early. Makes sense.

Anyone think AMD is a good buy? Ive got some on hold but im unsure if i should sell or hold.

Attached: 1517307365143.jpg (600x584, 89K)

I know I've read manga by whoever drew this but I can't remember for the life of me fuck

I remember, it was hentai. whoops

nobody has truely understood pain and how your self becomes a disease better than this...
|
youtube.com/watch?v=rWotr1UVrRg

ALL I HAVE TO SAY IF I DON'T TALK AGAIN.
fuck jannies niggers and basicalaly hate who ever decides they hate jews.

finally got the courage to check my account
Oof

>he didn't invest in SQQQ

I've been holding an SQQQ position since mid January.

I finally gave in and dumped it yesterday when the piece of shit Nasdaq was up 1.5% or whatever it was. I keep waiting for this bullshit three month rally to end, and it just won't stop.

So I finally throw in the towel on Thursday, and then Friday happens.

I fucking hate this shit so much.

WHY THE FUCK DID EVERYBODY BUY THE FUCKING MARKET ON THURSDAY, AND THEN DUMP ON FRIDAY? WHY THE FUCK DOES THIS HAPPEN? FUCCCCCKKKK

Attached: 1552413078970.jpg (247x242, 22K)

Were retesting december lows. Get ready bulls. The ass fucking has yet to come

WORST DAY FOR THE GODDAMN NASDAQ SINCE JANUARY 3RD, AND IT COMES THE DAY *AFTER* I SELL. AFTER WAITING PATIENTLY FOR TWO MONTHS.

AND IT'S PROBABLY GOING TO KEEP DUMPING MONDAY.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

You can still get in user. Were going back up to 20. Its still a rippe stock

sqqq aint goin higher

Attached: 1524448246889.png (1000x1000, 1.97M)

he's probably black or too stupid to undestand he's not...