Node broke this morning

need my channels closed to recover the wallet
afraid to contact my peers because they can post an old channel state and take my funds
afraid to recover my channels because if I post an old channel state I get punished and lose my funds

too much of a brainlet to know how to fix the node
going to have to wait this one out

Attached: th.jpg (1600x879, 221K)

nigger who told you to mess with LN when its not fully done yet.

everyone told me it was reckless and they were right

>i fell for blockstream’s LN meme
you clearly don’t deserve making it

its dogshit but 100% better than roger and chink wus mining cartel btc.com cartel mafia

it worked pretty well actually but where I screwed up was I set my fees to 0 and connected a bunch of channels on a shitty little raspberry pi
the node kept getting overloaded using up all its memory and crashing then rebooting and I tried to fix this and close some channels up my fees and it won't boot up now

but when it did work it was great, instant payments cheap cool little apps being developed
I even learned a bit of the math behind efficient use of liquidity for channel management and game theory behind that

it's not a huge deal it's down, I figure my peers will eventually close the channels especially when the next update is released
if all else fails I can learn how to fix this error I'm getting when I boot it up

what do I do reeeeee

Attached: th.png (659x382, 9K)

Looks super user friendly

>preferring form over function
Not welcome in Jow Forums

Yikes

it will never be fully done.

qq

(and that's a good thing)

An interesting take I learned about lightning is the routing node operators will be competing on a really advanced level
It won't be like staking or masternodes
The average user isn't going to be able to route efficiently/profitably but on the flip side of that no one can charge high routing fees without another competitor undercutting them

Right now the lightning network is about providing a service for reputation but as it grows you'll pay 1/100th a penny or whatever for a reputable route (a node that has proven to stay online, maintain balanced channels, and is well connected)
There will likely be hubs, but it'll be a free market

Nice just bought 100k

This fucking weirdo again

Routing nodes will probably be the first bitcoin banks
They'll offer low interest and free withdraws to main chain by using user's corn to make channels and splicing/rebalancing with withdraw requests

>Routing nodes will probably be the first bitcoin banks

There will be several options on how to operate within the network
Running the node yourself is inefficient and technical
Eltoo (the compact LN node for mobile) trusts the miner of the last block or something like that isnt as safe
Custodial wallets are popular but you have to trust blue wallet or whatever and I think custodial wallets will inherently be the routing node operators in time

I could be wrong but it's how I'm seeing it
At the end of the day you're trusting a SPV or something similarly shitty if you're not running a node
And bitcoin guarantees their node will be easy to sync

damn so LN was a meme this whole time huh

Looks like LN is still 18 months away. shame

LN is 100% useless. The probability of finding a route that can send any reasonable amount of money is less than 50%. And after you send a large amount of money, it will clog up the system since you likely used the total bandwidth of most of the channels on the route. It will require more onchain transactions to rebalance the channels.

So you're basically limited to transactions of $1.00 or less to not break the system.

Attached: routing.png (498x362, 8K)