Studied aerospace engineering

>studied aerospace engineering
>did internships in college
>applied for full time jobs
>”We regret to inform you that all vacancies within our aerospace graduate programme have now been filled so we will not be progressing with your application. Due to the high volume of candidates we are not able to give individual feedback.”

>now work as a part time taxi driver

Attached: F9DA3FB9-FCFA-429C-89E6-D013853548D7.jpg (325x288, 19K)

Lol

Seriously though, you majored in engineering and have internship experience so I'm pretty sure things will work out eventually.

Proof or bullshit.
It HAS to be bullshit.
Haha... please tell me this is bullshit.

T. Engineer student

oh nonono

Oh boy are you in for a reality check...
>T. mechfag

time to get a scorpion jacket

>Studied CS in college
>knew I never wanted to work in Silicon Valley or for a FAANG
>started looking into programming firms in the city I grew up in
>found several
>found out one was partially owned by my fraternity brothers' father
>got connected with him through his son
>got first job through him
>brother got job working for my dad

It really, truly, isn't what you know. It's WHO you know.

Attached: tfw too intelligent for my frat bros.png (659x525, 205K)

>mfw he fell for the engineering/stem meme
When will people like the poster above me realize that nepotism is the key?

Attached: 1553248471814.gif (353x234, 2.29M)

nigga i did both

Please tell me this isn't real
t. aero eng

Nobody cares about brown people

Shhhhh nobody tell him.

>chemical engineer working as a code monkey

A lot of kids want to design airplanes and space ships, but there aren't many airplanes and space ships that need to be designed, and the people designing them are deeply entrenched in their positions. That means it's a serious fight to get one of those jobs, and your rivals will bring every weapon they can muster to the fight, especially the ones that are unfair.

If you have an engineering degree, you can probably get a much better job than driving a taxi, but you can't just think that your degree entitles you to a good job, let alone the job you've been trained to do. An engineering degree is a good sign to employers. It means you're smart, hard-working, and can follow through on a challenging four-year plan. But most of them will have no use for what you specifically learned.

I love that gif

>especially the ones that are unfair.
Like guns

I did EE and had (paid) intern experience and now work for my old company in a bottom tier role with barely any hope for growth soon. Shit sucks bro.

Remember friend: whatever your engineering dean and program promotional brochures tell you is 100% truth. After all why would they lie? OP and all of these other people who are responding to you are just larpers. You need to put full faith and credit into people who are in position of power.

Attached: 023.png (680x680, 221K)

>He doesn't know that engineers becoming professors who teach other engineers how to be engineers instead of being engineers themselves is the academic equivalent of selling your heavy fucking bags to retarded normies

Sorry OP, not everyone is born with the intelligence to make it. Your professors are happy you are carrying those bags now though. Good luck.

Move out to a different country that appreciate your skills user, there are very few with your knowledge.

kek, should have bought shitcoins like all the based neets instead of going through all those books. Now you see that all the hard study and work doesnt pay off unlike what your parents told you

>didn't go through college.
>never got a degree in anything.
>got a shitty job maintaining outdated computer systems.
>20 years later..
>literally the only person who knows how to maintain lots of this shit.
>the outdated systems are now called legacy systems.
>no one can afford to fire me, or their businesses cease to function.

Attached: feel super good.png (1000x1000, 744K)

>But most of them will have no use for what you specifically learned
I'm perfectly fine with that though. That's why I did a type of engineering in the first place. So I should be fine?

An engineering degree means you have some of the tools to do well for yourself. You need other tools, and you need to work on the right things with them.

kek this. I was promised grandeur, respect and a fun job where I wore a lab coat and did cool shit like send ships to space, or design fast automobiles. What I got was a cubicle and a shitty computer screen for cad and your other typical normie tier office bullshit. Fuck those professors, what they sell you is .1% of what engineering jobs are out there.

in another episode of 'when reality doesnt meet your expectations':
>i literally though chainlink would make me a millionaire

Somebody tell him....

Attached: DA75DF3B-64B6-4F9C-93E4-EE8D27B6FE3D.jpg (251x242, 15K)

OH NO NO NO NO NO
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
*inhales*
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1553062994167.gif (500x500, 210K)

TFW you were promised you'd get to design 3 story tall fractal distillation columns to process giant biological batch reactor effluent and now the closest you get to chemistry is deciding how much cement admixture to put on the annual purchase order.

Attached: f117545ae29736e9090d1bf650e5dcfca00b0445.jpg (300x300, 19K)

Eww how old are you? Go away, grandpa.

>need experience to get an education
>need an education to get experience

Americans are on some next level shit

Attached: 2f7.jpg (601x508, 31K)

>need experience to get an education
????????????????????????????????

Even if you get a job, it's going to be shit just like testing and quality assurance. Design roles are pretty much the only ones that are interesting but aren't even like 5% of the engineering jobs out there. Most of engineering nowadays is a glorified technician job.

i think he meant
>need experience to get a job
>need a job to get experience
or he is just retarded

Yeah, I've heard that one. Maybe we just witnessed a stroke. That said, I don't even agree with that sentiment. It's always market cycles, if you are at the ATH of an industry of course trying to get in without experience is going to be impossible because for every you there is another guy who has been you for 5 years and is finally getting his chance.

This is why you should study markets all the time. Never "buy" the top of anything. If you are in this position all you have to do is go to another industry that is not in a labor bubble and wait until your desired industry gets dumped harder that bitconnect (as it always happens, literally every single time).

yeah its why i like software, flexible and adaptable to all industries and its far far from its ATH.
About the sentiment, its solved with nepotism. If you dont know anyone you're fucked, experience or not

>aerospace engineering
You got meme'd on kiddo.

I imagine you could reasonably apply to an job desiring a MechE degree. You need to be a bit more flexible, I'm a ChemE and I think only one person from my class works directly in a chemical engineering role. Everyone else does project management, process engineering in a variety of different manufacturing industries, quality work, clinical trials. etc. It sucks that you can't immediately penetrate your desired industry/job role, but don't autistically obsess over your degree title. You're qualified for all sorts of shit you can't even imagine. I believe in you user!

Attached: tumblr_pfdgjnSUpf1r1hkxro1_500.png (500x527, 218K)

Attached: 1548757601044.png (338x339, 4K)

>major in engineering
>got a job with plenty of advancement
>wont be doing any real engineering even if I do get a promotion

What's the point bros

Attached: B97038B08F3C44C8A52DFA3014C9F593.jpg (1500x983, 131K)

By studying engineering you made lifelong friendships with other homosexuals?

which engineering discipline is the worst for getting a job? aero? chem? mech?

actually I met some aero space eng. which were looking for jobs for ~11 month in germany. there are not so many positions.

I didn't have time to have friends and my life would be infinitely better if I realized I hated it years ago haha

Attached: 1503630001992.png (600x600, 320K)

>study something as insipid as "aerospace engineering"
>Surprised you cant get a job

From my experience and the people that I know there's no issue in getting jobs assuming you had a decent GPA and some internships. Mech, Civil, and Software/Electrical have the most entry level roles directly related to your curriculum, with Software engineering greatly outweighing the other disciplines. Aero, Chem, and Biomedical deal with more niche applications that most companies would rather hire experienced contractors for since they don't have a ton of roles to fill-so these disciplines tend to take on other technical work. I personally worked on regulatory stuff for a bit for a food production company with a ChemE degree, got an MBA, and became a project coordinator at a pharma production equipment manufacturing company. Job hunting was a bit dicey but you only have to win once to get what you want in the end.

Apply for financial jobs

Bump will post my blog here later.

Yeah so I'm now saving up to do a self-funded PhD since I couldn't get a scholarship. Will have to apply for grants for funding separately. I guess its true when people say that "those who can't do end up teaching"...

Attached: darkwojack1.jpg (251x201, 5K)

Way too old for this shit.

Attached: 30 year old boomer.jpg (749x800, 118K)