How much of a brainlet do you have to be NOT to be doing everything you can do learn how to program?

How much of a brainlet do you have to be NOT to be doing everything you can do learn how to program?

I started learning 6 months ago and already I'm projecting $40k USD minimum this year from the side hustle I've been able to build MYSELF due to my programming and graphic design skills and that will grow exponentially YoY (its crypto related)

I was an engineering grad with god tier internships (by engineering standards) but I saw it would not get me anywhere and certainly wouldn't grant me freedom. For freedom you need to be able to build. Building software was the natural transition.

I took a risk and its paying off. I will start my CS Masters in September.

Attached: freedom.jpg (2121x1414, 892K)

Other urls found in this thread:

teachyourselfcs.com
edx.org/course/cs50s-introduction-computer-science-harvardx-cs50x
udemy.com/the-complete-javascript-course/#content
udemy.com/react-redux/learn/lecture/12700665#overview
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I am 28 years old, for this shit you need computer science college le meme.

Take the codepill.

I got my Chem eng degree 3 years ago but basically just code DAX queries all day. It's a pretty sweet gig.

i tried a html course and after 2 hours it got to complicated and i felt my adhd brain frying so i quit and went back to neeting it up.

not everyone is blessed with a brain op so fuck off.

Fuck you Bill Gates, not this shit again. Stop telling everyone to learn to code, you are fucking with my money.

you don't really. you do to get any kind of worthwhile job in the industry but to build your own stuff? online courses are definitely enough

yep same. got my chem e last year but realised that industry was not a good idea for a young lad to make a career out of

This "just learn to code" shit is silly. Not everyone can or even should become a programmer.

STEM really is some Revenge of the Nerds shit, isn't it? Making good salaries isn't enough for you, you ALSO have to project it as a status thing.

>STEM
>good salaries

As a stemcuck, this is the lie of the century. That said, we do associate some status with it, but after a couple of years you realize the only true status is money.

>projecting
40k is shit tier user. let me know when you triple it.

What’s your archtiecture?
For easy code and scalable I recommend lambda, apigateway, python,cognito, and jquery for front end. Minimal headaches and no angular bull shit

React and redux all the way through

I’ve been wanting to learn coding for a while now, and I’m about to bite the bullet and jump in. But where do I start? Any recommendations? What language to learn first? I don’t want to be a code monkey wagecuck, but make money off my own projects. Maybe eventually progress to blackhat toolz for skids, because I have no ethics.

>got mine fuck you the post

I'm right at 110k after taxes but that means working 6 days a week. I've lost weight, gotten in two car accidents, and am wracked with depresso feels on my days off. Only thing getting me through is taking off a couple weeks every couple months. Is it really as easy as learn to beep boop talk to computer and make money? I wouldn't mind dropping to two days a week and run a little game on the side. Problem is two days a week has me making 41k. Not a bad living but not quite enough for the lifestyle I want nor early retirement meme. How do you 'bee ur own boss lmao' with coding? I just want to escape at this point.

Attached: 20190323_092249.jpg (2016x1134, 371K)

because I fucking hate programming

my degree is electrical engineering and not cs or compE exactly because of that

STEM degrees don't automatically give you a high paying job. You still have to major in one that is in demand. You still got to work your butt off.

I was a Dev and still do coding work on the side. Coders are a dime a dozen and make a wage reflecting that. If your making them sweet neet bucks though it probably seems like a shit load.

Nah it's just about the money user. Making money is revenge enough. Money is freedom.

step 1: do harvard's cs50x introduction to computer science course. shit is hard as FUCK and you will bash your head against the wall 50 times per problem set, but its harder than anything you'll realistically have to do in your projects so its a great intro

after that dive into udemy, do a vanilla javascript course, then do a react course, then from there you'll know where you wanna go.

my next step was to start learning golang and databases alongside my personal project, but because im going to do a masters this year i don't really need to learn it right now, i'll learn it then.

its definitely not easy but its doable, and that's the point. if you know how to program, whatever you want to do you can do. that's freedom. but when you don't know, you're trapped in a fucking box trying to convince yourself climbing the ladder at your wagecuck job is what you want to do

I am starting to think it time for me to bite the bullet and learn some Cs shit, teachyourselfcs.com this website I've found seems to have a good breakdown of areas, what do fellow anons think? Thinking if I get an overall jist I can see which works best for me, although think coding will be the one, any more useful resources?

I mean, you can try. But its VERY hard and VERY saturated rn. The best way is to just get a degree. Most companies won't hire you without one anyway. Why hire a self taught weeb over a chink degree holder?

what are you doing with your skills to make you 40k? if you don't mind sharing

it would give away who i am to anyone who follows the project so i can't specifically, but broadly it allows me to get involved with crypto communities and present myself and get into areas/circles i could never get to without some programming knowledge. and as im now able to get into those places I can build a brand and offer a service(s)

Unless you do CS/CompE/EE or work in the oil industry you're fucked as an engineer.

Finance and medicine pay a lot more and any retard can do it. Just work at a respectable company, get into a top 20 MBA and you're at 6 figures starting at in finance.

At the end of the day, you won't be paid shit if you aren't directly generating revenue by developing a product or in a client facing/management role.

The only wagecuck job that pays well is a doctor, and almost all the good ones start their own practices.

I will say I spent over 1k hours coding projects that ultimately failed. Obviously I learned a lot and can now bust out a more workable idea in 80% less time. But you have to be fucking hungry and committed, not a day a week here and there

Lol just slang coke , more respectable than this gay shit

If anyone is serious about learning this ish start with a python Microservice course on udemy. Make sure it teaches some MySQL. Put this on lambda and use api gateway to call it. Use jquery to use it to map your properties from the sql query and cognito to allow users to log in.
If you do these things you can reach my level in 300 hours rather than 1000. I wasted half that time on drupal/Wordpress (only good for blogs and e-commerce) and half on php (dying language that is easy to be sloppy with)

Good luck

with 6 months experience, you'd be lucky to get a fiver gig for $2000.
you're saying you spent 3 months learning and then made $40k in 3 months?
Why wouldn't they just pay someone with 5 years professional experience half of that and employ them?

Thanks this is the type of spoonfeeding I was hoping for, appreciate it fren

i'm an entity/brand that offers x as-a-service (x is one thing, just not sharing it), not a rouge coder doing odd jobs on service websites like fiverr

do what i said instead. all front end stuff will be React for the next 10 years, may as well get in front of it.

step 1: throw yourself into the deep end and learn fundamentals at the same time edx.org/course/cs50s-introduction-computer-science-harvardx-cs50x

step 2: udemy.com/the-complete-javascript-course/#content start learning how to build apps that people want to use while gaining a strong understanding of modern javascript

step 3: udemy.com/react-redux/learn/lecture/12700665#overview learn everything you need to know about modern web development

by that time you will be more than ready. in fact i haven't even finished step 3, i was way too eager to get started on my own project, yet the stuff i learned about react+redux already has been more than enough and anything else i can just google along the way

any service could be coded in 3 months by a newbie is not going to be worth more than $1000

>paranoia may may

Typical.

I'm seriously convinced "stem=money" is a bait to cuck booksmart people into being poor.

Shits too boring tbqhfamilia

Of course it is. Also, to saturate the field. Look at how engineering majors are screwed if they don’t get an internships. With all the code boot camps opening up, a rush to the field, and the type of work favoring a younger applicants, CS is going to be a meme in 10-20 years

>inb4 the top x% of tech workers making 300k in America’s most expensive city