Fell for the oilfield meme

>fell for the oilfield meme
>stuck in middle of nowhere bumfuck towns or literally tundra/swamps/dense forest miles from civilization
>surrounded by low IQ hillbillies, low prestige because people think you are a blue collar retard
>make only $400/day meanwhile urban intellectuals are making at least $1000/day and surrounded by attractive women

It's over

Attached: qkp09OJ.png (416x356, 52K)

>when you fucking realize no matter what you do there will always be something to complain about
>when you realize the key to happiness is just doing what you want to do and fuck everyone else opinion
>the feeling of liberation that hits you when you understand this

Absolutely based.

Attached: 1553429571347.jpg (1080x1080, 262K)

>tfw as a young kid I broke my body washing cars and mowing lawns just to get 10 bucks in a day
>now I make $1k a day using just my mind

There’s no more Chad feeling than this

wat do you do sir chad

That's why you only do it for a few years then cash out. Or alternatively just work 3 months a year.

Nice pepe, have an upvote

>fell for the city job meme
>stuck in the middle of nowhere commuter town or literally ghettos/terraces/dense housing miles from the countryside
>surrounded by low IQ city slickers, low prestige because people know you are an xxxxx analyst
>make only $150/day meanwhile rural intellectuals are making at least $500/day and surrounded by attractive views

Oh yeah and $600/month on public transport.

$150/a day

that sucks!

Well I'm converting from gbp so the salary is pretty much half to begin with.

How the fuck do you wash cars and mow lawns using only your mind?? That's amazing

Huehuehue

>fell for the travel meme
>after a year and a half of no employment, no one will touch me
>feels bad

Attached: 1553450870171.jpg (804x802, 80K)

Red basedpilled

you need to go back

Elaborate

>Work in oilfield as frack engineer
>Retard fucks up and closes a valve downstream of a pump while the pump is running (really bad)
>Everyone involved has to write their statement
>Get retard's statement
>He just wrote words. Not sentences, not phrases, just words like "The pump with PTO the valve operator valve closed"
>Type that shit in the computer and send it off
>Retard gets fired
>Find out later that he can't read and write

kek

how'd you get in as a frack engineer? do a lot of field service as one? what was your major? how's the pay?

>make ~100$ per day
>don't work
>has hoes

Lmaoin @ ur lfye

My major was mechanical engineering. I got in as a frack engineer when oil was over $100/barrel and North Dakota's oilfield was hot, literally on fire. I got paid roughly 120K for the 1 year I worked there before I got laid off. That's the downside, you have no job security and any hiccup in the price of oil can cost you your job.

Another oilfield story:

>Middle of winter in North Dakota
>Water being taken to location on trucks
>Water truck drivers are the dumbest truck drivers. That's why they are only trusted to deliver water
>Driver offloads his water
>Drives off without closing the valve so he dumps the remaining water on the only road leading in or out of the wellsite
>It's winter so the water turns to ice almost instantly
>Nobody can come or go until the ice melts
>Fortunately, next day was above freezing but he caused 16 hours of NPT and our crew to work (sit and wait) a double shift

This and basedpilled.

thats called being a man

>>Water truck drivers are the dumbest truck drivers. That's why they are only trusted to deliver water

kek. never thought about this.

Texas is similar, that's a lot starting. Did you have any prior relevant experience or did you jump on that straight out of college?

They're still desperate for people as it is with the turnover rates, and they pretty much hire any Dumbo as OP implies. Were your hours crazy?

please give us more of these, best thing that i have seen today

>when you realize the key to happiness is just doing what you want to do and fuck everyone else opinion
So I should continue to waste my life away fapping to traps and shitposting for 13 hours a day?

Chris?

Them and sand truck drivers. Some of the sand truck drivers I had to deal with, I think were actually slightly retarded.

I started as a trainee, making only 70K/year, which is absolute shit for 80 hours a week, but I also had no expenses so it balances out. My first promotion nearly doubled my pay.

>My first day fracking, after safety training and office bs
>Learning what each piece of equipment is, what it does, where it goes
>Pumping a stage
>Near the end, hear a whole lot of incomprehensible (to me, I was new) yelling over the radio. I only remember "SHUT DOWN! SHUT DOWN!"
>After the stage, experienced engineer tells me what happened. Started with "Don't do this."
>While we were pumping, this guy who'd been working about a month tried to hammer open a pump that was still running with 5,000 PSI on the line
>These pumps are loud as shit, I don't know how he didn't know it was still running
>He got fired and kicked off location
>That means he has to sit at the front of location until we all go home
>When our shift ended, he was still crying
>he cried the whole way back to the man camp in the van while the rest of the crew made your mom jokes to each other

shoulda gone for the railroad meme OP, much better pay and near any city with a track. u fucked up

>Sand gets stored inside a storage trailer that looks like this (we called it a sand chief)
>It has 4 bins, 1-4 going from back to front
>Show up on location
>Other shift emptied bin 1 and 2 and started emptying bin 3, while bin 4 was full
>Since all the weight is in the front, the sand chief is tipping over to the front
>Next stage we emptied the front bin on that sand chief to untip it
>Client never noticed the tipping chief and we got away with it

Attached: sandking_1.png (555x466, 273K)

you do that because your depressed. get help, fix your mental health and then everything will be clear what you should be doing.

>fell for the work meme
kek

extremely, unbelievely, unquanitifiably based

I DON'T WANT TO WORK I'M SORRY ABOUT SHITTALKING NEET LIFE I WANT IT BACK I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY.

Based

fpbp

OP is fucking retarded. You save so much money working a field. 400 a day (or more) and you spend absolutely none of it unless you are a total moron. You can save 8000 a month or since you aren't paying rent.

8 THOUSAND dollars a month to just invest in whatever bullshit you want. That's a fucking amazing leap forward for a young man. That's a condo for you to rent out after just a few months. That's a used car paid off in a month.

and this bitch is fucking complaining about that lmfao

meanwhile city prick (might) make more, but also pays out the ass for everything to sustain his lifestyle, including the financial gains goblins that is the female human

if you cant set yourself up for a decent life and get your passive income going after 2 years of working the field, then you really are a grade A retard

also I'd id take the low IQ hillbillies over city liberal so yim any day of the week

I live in Texas how do I apply for one of these oilfield jobs?

You're complaining about an $8k/month salary because people judge you over your job? If that depresses you then yeah your shit is over dude. Let someone else take your position and quit wasting our oxygen.

Are they hiring Canadians down south?

t. 2 years out of work instrument journeyman.

FUCK OFF SNOWNIGGER WE'RE FULL. GO BLOW A CHINK.

actually based

Had to go to ND to look at frac tanks. Spent one night in Williston. I'd hate to be stuck in that town.

Indeed.
Permian basin, odessa, midland, etc or up northern Texas too

Dear experienced field workers,

take your couple years of experience and go apply for some jobs in the ME / Micronesia / Africa

Yeah you might have to worry about violent niggers or maybe even cannibals, but you will also make 200-250k a year and walk away with some fuckawesome stories.

There is a DESPERATE need for skilled techs all over the world, if you are white you are IN.

The toll these oilfield jobs take on your physical and mental health is worth far more than $8k/month. It's honestly better to be a neet getting 1k yang-bucks than risking your life in buttfuck nowhere in order to enrich some executives.

Well said user. I have reached this conclusion also.

Attached: be entirely yourself.jpg (1548x1468, 368K)

>fall for the doctor meme
>have joy in helping people and saving lives
>go to medical school
>everyone's a sociopathic cunt
>no biggie, being a resident will be better
>become resident at top tier program with prestige and good in treating cancer
>get treated like shit by nurses and attending physicians, other residents are still sociopathic, lazy faggots
>no biggie i'll be an attending soon
>become attending
>nurses are autonomous with less than 1/10 of the training
>call themselves doctors, try to get prescription and practice rights, wear white coats and everything
>hospital makes me supervise them, they get first dibs on patients over the real doctors
>nurses get uppity
>nurse talks back to you and ignores your order for a patient precariously close to death
>patient dies
>get sued because nurses can practice by themselves but have no liability
>drink, keep rope in closet
Life's shit everywhere user. A friend of mine is working at a startup making 6 figures and wants to kill himself as well.

What is oilfield work actually like? I imagine it's hard but how dangerous is it really? Are you constantly at risk of getting rekt by heavy machinery?

I'm just going to kill myself when I get sick.

fine, be a pussy
definitely do NOT want little queers like you out on the site

Yeah shit can blow up at any time and you're exposed to carcinogens all the time. not really worth the money.

you spend half the fucking time preparing to do things safely, one fourth the time sitting around, one fourth the time actually doing stuff

sometimes there is little oversight and leads try to push things to get done too quickly which makes it rushed, but this is rare

this isn't some fly by night operation, it's a big deal and companies want to do it right so they don't get dicked over by regulators and lawsuits

there is some bizarre perception as the operation being dangerous, but it's not if everybody is doing their job correctly

it IS filthy and hot/cold, but your body adapts to the new demands after a month or two

you can walk away fit as fuck and with 100k in the bank for giving a year of your life to the field

the injury rate is similar to that of construction jobs, and only true idiots get in big trouble

Just so you and other anons know, you can ask for the doctor and you'll be obliged with no extra cost since the billing is pretty much the same since patient>>>>>>>everyone else. It's just people don't ever question who comes in with a white coat and doctors ethically can't lobby and fight back politically against the bullshit nurses are pushing. In the end, they take advantage of people's ignorance to satisfy their egos since they couldn't fucking make it as the real deal. Honestly, it's so jading that I sold my gun since I felt it was dangerous to keep one around. I used to love shooting. Also DO is not equal to MD, so don't let a DO do any of that OMT garbage, it's a waste of time and money.

Probably that the UK's effective tax rate is around 50%.

This
This
This
I can't stress this enough. Reminder that the times you enjoyed life the most was during vacations

How do you get this meme? It actually sounds appealing desu

Attached: 1535860833261.jpg (840x630, 211K)

>also fell for oilfield meme
>first trip offshore
>tying equipment down in big cargo baskets to ship back onshore after job
>hey boss man can you pass me that rope?
>ropes are for hanging niggers boy

based