BAT FUD thread

>BAT can't go above $1
>BAT is meant to cost as much as a cup of coffee, it's in the white paper
>Brave whitelists Facebook trackers! I saw it on Reddit
>PRL is a better investment as far as advertising cryptocurrencies go.
>Brave/BAT is just the latest version of pay-to-surf
>Pay-to-surf has been done before; it never works out
>It's a scam
>Brave could have used Bitcoin!
>Brave could have used Ethereum!
>Brave could have used DAI!
>Brave could have used [insert your shitcoin]
>Brave's CEO is homophobic
>Brave is good, but BAT is a worthless funding token
>Brave, NOT BAT!
>BAT isn't even necessary!
>BAT is centralized

What else am I missing? Let's share our BAT FUD. Classic Jow Forums FUD from 2017 is welcome, such as Oyster/PRL classics!

Attached: bat JUST.png (841x750, 192K)

> why wouldn't you just use Ublock
> who's really going to download another brower
> prl just mine's on your CPU, you don't even have to see ads
> its premined and centralized
> firefox is faster
> opera already has a built in wallet
> I can just use metamask
> no one will stop using patreon

Anything else?

Attached: 0012.png (512x512, 156K)

Any normal browser with a blocker installed is always going to work better than Brave. The only reason to use Brave is if your time is worth a few pennies an hour for watching ads.

>fucking browser token

Pay
To
Surf

All of those are true. Facts are not fud.

We already got this one. Thanks though.

Its > muh browser plugin token

A lot of big names in tech seem to disagree with you. I wonder who I should listen too.

>All of those are true. Facts are not fud.

That's pretty good, I'll add it to the list

Attached: evil pepe.jpg (211x239, 18K)

Yes user, listen to the tech giants that want you to buy their doodads. They know what is best for you.

>I saw it on reddit...from a friends computer.
>Shills some other scam
>Literal free browser. Can still access http without a balance of BAT
>Its a scam (I DONT LIKE GRAPES)

>All those are true
>Its a scam
GOTTEM

How can you be so stupid and browser a business and finance board? What would you have me buy instead?

Is listing a bunch of legitimate criticisms of a coin mixed in with a bunch of straw men supposed to somehow make the coin look better?

I seriously wish that every time someone posted any of these hilariously terrible BAT FUDs, they'd also let us know what coins/tokens they're holding.

That way we could get a better understanding of where they're coming from and why they don't like/believe in the BAT Project.

Attached: no need.gif (325x203, 1.02M)

> legitimate criticism

You mean rehashed arguments that objectively aren't based on real facts? You do you man, see you at $5 by Q2.

This is the "business and finance" section of an anime imageboard for social rejects and weaboos. There is no barrier to entry, certainly not an intellectual one. After all...you are here too.

Buy what you want, but BAT is literally just an old scam with a new paint job. If you insist on holding this garbage than make sure you take profit early.

The point is that these aren't legitimate criticisms, that they've been continuously disproved, that they're embarrassing at this point, and yet we keep seeing them rehashed and vomited in every single BAT thread. In short, we're making fun of you.

Sorry if that went over your head.

Oh God, I forgot about all the pro prl and anti bat sentiment, I had a chuckle

Attached: 1553835568556.jpg (700x302, 69K)

I just bought a shit ton of BAT and ETH yesterday.

I'm happy.

Also I'm a web developer.

I support JSE and BAT heavily.

I think JSE would beat BAT but they won't market at all. Ever. So, I bought BAT yesterday and registered my sites.

To people who don't own BAT, most of these points make sense, especially how stupid the pay to surf model is and that they should have used Bitcoin or DAI instead of their own shitcoin.

>I bought BAT yesterday and registered my sites.

Cool. If you post about that on the subreddit, people are usually ready to donate/tip/test out the BAT model.

>To people who don't own BAT, most of these points make sense, especially how stupid the pay to surf model is and that they should have used Bitcoin or DAI instead of their own shitcoin.

I don't disagree with you, but I think the more research you do, the easier it is to conclude that this is all wrong.

Attached: give up.gif (500x269, 749K)

If you want to see what people in tech actually thing about Brave, look up any Hacker News thread about them, they are brutal. The tech community has even more contempt for Brave than they do for most ICO projects.

>If you post about that on the subreddit, people are usually ready to donate/tip/test out the BAT model.
Will do, thanks.

Do you know if there is an API or anything to figure out when content creators receive tips?

I'd like to create a BAT alert system for twitch streamers. I have a few 10 thousand streamers registered with my site, so they'd use it.

Just contacted BAT on twitter to see if they had any API or anything I could use.

Damn, that's awesome. I'm not sure but a BAT alert system for twitch streamers would be insanely cool. I only know of one twitch streamer who's Brave Verified but hopefully it will start to catch on soon.

The Brave team is usually pretty receptive so hopefully they'll get back to you on Twitter.

Attached: brave bat.jpg (1280x720, 45K)

Well I hope to hear from them. It wouldn't be too terribly hard to increase adoption on Twitch.

Streamers love increasing their monetization options.

Hacker news is the biz of the tech world.

> t. computer scientist

>hahaha it’s only at an all time high right now vs BTC

ATH in sats? Seems like a good entry point to me. Here we go!

Attached: bsnpc.png (634x200, 28K)

A cup of coffee is anywhere from $1.95 to $5