I can't breath anymore

>be me, 25
>study computer science
>50/50 chance that I will get my degree since I struggle so hard
>don't even like it really or enjoy it
>got education in agriculture before but propaply can't manage a farm and never did and also can't stand the isolation
>never had a girlfriend, even though I tried my best

Yeah Jow Forums that's my stand in life.
I'm on the best way to be one of those people that didn't archive anything by the age of 30 and are total fuckups. Those people that I never understood. But now I see myself heading in the exact same direction. Heck, even if I get my degree I will be a miserable employee. Or who knows if I will even ever get employed with my grades and non existing skills. I have absolutely no talent in what I'm doing.
But I also don't know what I should do otherwise.
I feel like I'm not made for this world.

The only thing that comes to my mind again and again recently (for no clear reason), is going to Russia for one year and learn their language.

Attached: Dreaming-Of-Death--66266.jpg (800x1131, 160K)

>be me, 30
>studied computer science
>Barely managed to get my degree since I struggled so hard
>don't even like it really or enjoy it
>worked menial jobs for 5 years because even the idea of getting a CS job scared me.
>truck driver now. Pay isn't bad and its mostly kinda relaxing as I get to listen to audio books all day. I guess I'm just stupid and lazy, but I've come to terms with it.

Attached: embroideryarrazola100.jpg (281x468, 104K)

OP here

What should I do, anons?

Stay Cool.

30 year old boomer here with CS degree. Almost exactly the same as you especially this part hit me:

>But I also don't know what I should do otherwise.

I don't know man, I don't regret doing the cs degree but I'm not sure if I'm going to use it either, still no idea what else I could do so who the fuck knows.

So basically imo you should do the degree if you don't hBut I also don't know what I should do the degree if you don't have any other plans, it's still better than nothing imhotbh.

>if you don't have any other plans, it's still better than nothing imhotbh.
That's what I'm thinking as well. But then I also think that I'm wasting time.
I would like to find out what I really like and then go for it. Those people who figured that out are so lucky.

All I can say is that I want to live a comfy life, be self employed, have a good looking girlfriend and live in a country where the average salary is quite low, so that my online Business or so can support my easily.
But other than that: No idea what I should do

Pump

>I'm on the best way to be one of those people that didn't archive anything by the age of 30 and are total fuckups. Those people that I never understood. But now I see myself heading in the exact same direction. Heck, even if I get my degree I will be a miserable employee. Or who knows if I will even ever get employed with my grades and non existing skills. I have absolutely no talent in what I'm doing.
>But I also don't know what I should do otherwise.
Seems like you know your problem, man the fuck up.. You are putting yourself at a serious disadvantage with all this negative energy. I can feel the lack of motivation seeping into the computer screen, its almost infecting me. Think of it like this, the most successful people aren't little bitches like you are.

Life is hard, ONLY if you do not try.

I ask successful people where they get their motivation from, and they look at me like I grew 2 heads. They don't understand the question, because they've always wanted to do more and better things without thinking about it. The ones who always struggle the most are people who think too much about every decision they make. It's something inherent or biological, it almost feels like we're different species.

There is a theory in psychology describing what you notice:
---------
Need theory, also known as Three Needs Theory,[1] proposed by psychologist David McClelland, is a motivational model that attempts to explain how the needs for achievement, power, and affiliation affect the actions of people from a managerial context.
---------

One needs to find which best represents them, then one can understand their role better in the work place.

Attached: NeedTheory.png (915x808, 122K)

I know that feel. Want to kms to make it stop

Attached: FD495C32-0C1F-45BD-AB52-715BE778B553.jpg (750x1000, 67K)

The motivation comes from doing g something you are interested in / are excited about. It’s not a magic trait, it’s inherent in all of us.

Stop fucking diluting the Computer Science field by flooding the market with degrees, especially when you don’t even like computer science. Half the posts I see about CS majors are them complaining about how they don’t even like CS, but did it “for the $$$”, and then say “but why am I depress tho?”. You literally answered the question yourself mongoloids

Russia is an economic dead end.

just be yourself

So I am definitely achievement based, but the problem is most jobs don't have an objective system for showing how you are improving or doing well. My old job at an Amazon warehouse was actually my favorite since it used a lot of metrics that are easy to measure where I'm at and how I'm getting better. But for most other jobs it's simply up to management's personal opinions. Seems like only very specific jobs fit into this category, and unfortunately I've always had trouble with studying for anything better, like CS, which would fit in that category.

I'm no good at anything related to CS so that was never a consideration. The only real motivations I have for anything in life is playing guitar, and that I love playing and listening to music. I feel like it's even genetic in my case, as my father and grandpa both played instruments. I could literally spend days on end playing music. But it's not the best way to make a living. I have made a videos but I never really wanted to monetize it. People who feel motivated to work at a job seem different to me. What motivates them is so different than what motivates me. I like to get better and improve myself but not really for the same reasons as them.

I'd say a lot of it is also in your head too, you yourself understands how well you progress at each stage. Achievement orientation is not specific to STEM, its just how you think while you work. Being naturally good at something is the biggest MEME, it comes down to working hard and learning how. Some people just need less time, and school is easy because you literally read all the notes, understand the big ideas, do a lot of problems so you understand how to solve similar problems on exams, its not that difficult big picture wise. But most people just give up before they even begin.

yo you are not going to make it in that field-- my friend made the exact same mistake. i recommend looking into the medical laboratory technology program at your school if it has one. traveling MLTs can make like $43/hr

>Stop fucking diluting the Computer Science field by flooding the market with degrees

OP here again:
I would stop in the blink of an eye, if I would know what I should do otherwise or find out in what I'm good in.
I have to say I enjoyed my agriculture stuff somehow, but that seems to be a dead end as well for several reasons.
My problem is that I want to get to a certain place in life and be a somehow respected person in society with a girlfriend who isn't broke all the time.

I worked 70 to 80 hours a week in the agriculture field on a regular basis and never complained. It's how I grew up.
But putting half the ammount of that into studying for CS makes me wanna jump from the roof.

I wish I would just find something at what I'm good in and go down the path.

Of course it's not a problem if it's not a problem lol. Rich people have found something they like doing that also pays a lot of money. For me CS is the most interesting subject in school but I've literally never written a single line of code outside of school. I have the degree and it wasn't much of a struggle to me but no side/hobby projects so it's obviously not my "passion". Wtf do you do in that situation is the problem.

>I worked 70 to 80 hours a week in the agriculture field on a regular basis and never complained. It's how I grew up.
But putting half the ammount of that into studying for CS makes me wanna jump from the roof.

To me it sounds like you have your answer right there bro.

In CS you'll be competing for jobs with autists who work the same 70 to 80 hours on their own projects/work so it's very unlikely you'll be able to compete with them if you can't even do half that sorry to say it bro.

Cs major here, I hate the education but im decent at it. Feels like the professors are wasting my time and 80% of the stuff even related to CS is redundant and the remaining 20% I couldve learned on my own. The people who seem to do well in these classes are highly agreeable and conscientious, but not typically intelligent. Those people pass and the rest get filtered out, alot of people who get filtered out of CS degrees are actually knowledgeable and proficient at it. Not just my own conjecture but I eavesdropped on a conversation with a professor and the CS head that spelled it out clearly. Thats kept me halfway motivated to not quit the field entirely and not hate what Im doing. Most others end up hating it because they end up thinking they are worse at it than they really are.

>being naturally good is the biggest MEME

Yep, the closest youll get is 'naturally interested earlier than others so you have an edge over them and they think your a natural'. All it takes is a few people saying your great at something and then your going to fulfill that prophecy. Maintaining that proficiency is alot harder than dragging yourself up to achieve it by force. But once your there, your there.

The degree is probably "harder" in some ways(more and harder math etc) than the typical code monkey jobs so some of it is very likely redundant.

>highly agreeable and conscientious, but not typically intelligent

Agreed with the first part but I don't think the earlier traits correlate negatively with intelligence. Being more intelligent will only help you with the degree imo, just like the being high in the other two aswell. I'm pretty sure girls do better in school on average because they're more agreeable even though their average IQ is the same.