/smg/ - Stock Market General

The alternative is homelessness and starving edition

Before you buy anything, make a brokerage account and read investopedia articles and/or the books in the OP list. If you don't have a broker, you can't buy stocks and if you blindly buy things without understanding how the stock market works or doing any research on the individual stocks you're buying, you will lose money and it will be entirely your fault.

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg

List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
pastebin.com/y9PRQLR3

Earnings Report Calendars:
calendar.google.com/calendar/[email protected]
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

Boomer Investing 101
bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

of previous:

Attached: 1553292728518smg.jpg (573x800, 168K)

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/user-209448905/rip-harambe1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

THIS ISN'T FUCKING ANIME GET RID OF THIS TUMBLR TRASH

Also, what the fuck is going on with JNJ?

steven universe am anime :

NEON MOONING

WRONG, friendo

Attached: RKGf.jpg (680x484, 30K)

Why is NIO up? how am I suppose to buy more NIO at 6 when I know there was NIO at 5 again?

REFR Dirt Cheap!!!

Load up

Attached: 1554089257999.jpg (720x960, 129K)

GALT, VTGN, MRKR, NTRP, VSTM, CRMD, SESN

it is not
houseki no kuni is anime

Attached: 1553837020961.jpg (618x750, 58K)

TWLO WHY

bought $100 of REFR for an easy flip

>not buying NIO at $4.

ADMA why are you dropping reeeee

Attached: 1545018431900.png (167x255, 49K)

My official™ biotech picks

I know I got into NIO game below 7 but now Im greedy to have more NIO.

>houseki no kuni
The tranny that avatar-posts with it on Jow Forums makes me want to avoid it.

Like that VSTM though, missed my chance to buy the dip today. Plz crash the market Powell and Tramp and She.

Hey! My comment made it to the title of the next general! This is a blessed day.

It has some loose similarities to Stephen Universe (anthropomorphic gem girls), except it's actually good (especially the animation) and not an SJW shitpile

Why buy nio when you can buy NEON

Crypto tard here. I don't understand what the fuck am I supposed do. I've made a deposit but I can't buy or sell anything.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-02_17-39-48.png (838x114, 11K)

HEY GOMMIE

>The model has you sell the bonds for face value after 3 years from the initial inversion, presumably the gains would be much higher than my model suggests because usually bond prices soar in a recession.

Does this count as an inversion, now that its reverted?

How the fuck do three year bonds increase your returns that much? Are you putting them back into the S&P or using them to buy more bonds?

I still don't get it. sad.

Based japs, not going full SJW.
But it seems like they're still degenerates.

>Note to self, Election play ideas:
Guns for the right, Dudeweed for the left, twitter for the politician-generated traffic.

Couldn't resist REFR under 2.20 my dudes

Attached: U75rYxw.jpg (900x1200, 198K)

Crypto just beat 2018 and 2019 stock markets overnight. Fuck this stupid bullshit.

The issue is that the funds haven't settled yet
It seems like with the broker you're using, you have to wait a few days for the deposit to go through the first time (making sure it's a legitimate transaction, etc)
A cool thing about stock brokerage accounts is that they're insured by the SEC
If your brokerage goes under ala Mt. Gox and you can't get your money out, the government will give you your money back

>Without market data
What the heck kind of penny stock is this

theres plenty of companies with random pumps that beat stockmarket 18 and 19 in first Q1. That doesnt mean Im gonna gamble on those or go to cryptos only

SHORT GOLD LONG OIL

interactive brokers charges you for market data.

fucking boring market today my god
vix is atrociously low

doing pretty much opposite, are you long Lyft by any chance
404 English not found

MO pulling back?
Buy the dip?

Is the market going downdowndown or are these the cheapies?

Forgot pic

>still no cosplay gf
BUY BUY SELL SELL GOTTA GO TO THE GYM

Attached: JapDegens.jpg (320x276, 21K)

>Using IB for a small account

Shiggy diggy
Robinhood or WeBull would likely be better for you

This should be illegal wtf

love low VIX
buy VIX buy options

And? Crypto is still high risk with more like a ??? Reward. It also could just as easily tanked as the last whales dumped their bags. I get moderate gains and for most of my stocks I don't have to worry about losing all of it in an hour.

That being said, if you arent holding any crypto long term you're a retard. Day trading this shit is a fool's errand but we will definitely see another golden bullrun. I'm sure this will probably dump hard back down to 3200 though.

idk, IB seems to be recommended here for eurofags.

Oh, I assumed you were a burger
In that case, IB is probably the best option

Typical amerifats... assuming someones country

oof

bitcorn no more silently rising

Attached: 1541386713617.jpg (286x327, 75K)

is it loudly rising

Degiro is based.

TSLA news please
cmon Ellen cmon release the news
he's trying to sell a couple more cars to make it not sound so bad
hurry up Ellen how many cars did you sell

250 or 2300

seems like it

Going to 0

market turning violet

Attached: 1508609797777.jpg (1280x847, 246K)

I think it looks like the gold is trying to break out... Should see a confirmation with in the next hour.

no going to 6969

>keep DCAing into bioshit
DAMN
I don't know why I can do that with biotech, yet I sold disney

ahhh don't make me fomo into gold
I'm weak today, I'm buying all kinds of things

well there was our confirmation candle...

AAAAAAAAA

Attached: Screenshot_20190402-082339_Robinhood.jpg (1080x1920, 276K)

fucking bogendoffs are reading this thread

I'll prove it, I've got my stop on GLD at 121.87 what are you going to do about it bogs?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: nak.png (822x173, 15K)

welp I really fucked up

I sold all my SGMO on thursday/friday just to free up funds for other plays

SGMO +30% today

just my life into pieces

Attached: DeVQtROU8AEGo0-.jpg (750x744, 97K)

AHHHHHHHH

Down more than 11% on my NAK position
FUCKING KILL ME WHY GOD

Europoor here, I feel like GLE is a, bargain at these prices, especially considering the almost 10% dividend yield, any thoughts ?

You laugh, but there is a 25% chance I'll make 100-300% gainz should this stock pop off

there definitely is a big potential for profit if things go right with it
first they have to actually open the mine tho

why do we have so many fucking PENNYSTOCKguy trips

not sure, honestly
as far as I know, it all started with Big5Guy/LCIguy, though

they're paid shills

the two min chart looks like someone stabbing up and down

Attached: knife.png (581x475, 317K)

the day of the coiners has arrived
repent boomers

Not necessarily. If a buyout or partner happens the stock price can and has jumped pretty quick. What they are fighting right now is poorly educated liberal officials in Alaska who have no business being in office.

Some of their resource committee livestreams are more interesting than Hollywood movies. The sheer audacity of these liberal dumbasses is astounding.

BTC saved me RH account
really anyone who not have atleast alittle bitcoin completely dummy

esp you -_-;
how dare you buy biotechs then trash BTC

Will TSLA deliveries beat like the Bloomberg model predicts?

believe in elon-chan
soundcloud.com/user-209448905/rip-harambe1

beat what?

I sold everything but $500 worth of each BTC and ETH during the craze. That was when BTC was, $8000, I think? So it's not really any good unless some serious mooning occurs.

I think they're fucked mate
actually who knows
but unless they announce something really good it's looking pretty grey for them
they don't make much money and other car manufacturers are increasingly entering EV space.
When will they make enough money to justify a 40-50B market cap? while paying back big debt and trying to develop new product?

very grim outlook IMO
numbers not adding up to that market cap

Salmon lives matter!

>how dare you buy biotechs then trash BTC

biotechs produce drugs that treat diseases and save or greatly improve people's lives
while clinical stage biotechs are inherently speculative investments (they depend on the success of clinical trials), your odds can be increased by doing research on the science supporting each company's drug candidates

bitcoin produces nothing of value, the technology has been around for years and time has proven that it serves no purpose other than as a speculative vehicle
blockchain technology itself may be promising, but what's historically happened is that whenever an entity adopts blockchain technology, they just make their own tokens instead of using existing ones
the entire crypto market is a speculative bubble being propped up solely by hype

the only thing BTC is good for is giving Venezuelans a currency and buying drugs on tor

>the technology has been around for years and time has proven that it serves no purpose other than as a speculative vehicle

>the only thing BTC is good for is giving Venezuelans a currency and buying drugs on tor

way to contradict your self. as long as there is a demand for drugs on tor and people to have a desire for a decentralized currency there will always be a bitcoin

GME Q4 earnings come out today, should i buy some puts?

>butthurt screed
Tell us where the coiner touched you.

that's true, I guess it does serve some purpose
not a purpose that warrants a $4,736.18 price, tho
any serious adoption of blockchain technology will just be governments and companies making their own tokens, imo

if the desire is for medium of exchange for a black market and decentralized currency, who the fuck would adopt a tech giant's / government's token?

Last quarter, wall Street analysts.

Go for it because I dont have the money to do so myself

>if the desire is for medium of exchange for a black market and decentralized currency

the people who actually care about that are a small minority
there isn't enough demand on that front to warrant the ridiculously inflated prices it's currently at, imo

Your probably right long term, but who cares about that? My options expire in June.

I’m not into the buy-sell game (I’m planning in buying and sitting on stocks) and I don’t know Jow Forums culture to well so if you call me a cuck for what I’m about to say at least do it with some lube.
I’m starting to invest but I want to make ethical investments and more specifically enviromental sustainablity products/technology. I’m looks for some suggestions for long-term investments.
Three I have now are BLL, TAN, and DQ.

Imagine spending all your time on a fucking crypto board and being a nocoiner. Unbelievable.

AOBC
RGR
MO

PLUG

VYR

NEON

TSLA

These are good picks, I really like AOCB and MO

Have you heard of KHC?

>Imagine spending all your time on a fucking crypto board and being a nocoiner

imagine spending all your time on a text based imageboard and not knowing how to read

Attached: biz.png (292x43, 9K)

>trading penny stock
>27 cent mean, 1.5 cent range for the last week
>whale with large standing buy order seems to be camping out at the bottom slurping any sells that reach his limit
>buy 0.5 cent above whale support
>limit sell at resistance

And repeat. And repeat. And repeat. Welp... this is fun? I will continue until whale moves his order. He seems pretty content to nibble in current position though.

Attached: 1552568684685.jpg (680x521, 63K)

why is the DUDE WEED doing so meh?

Attached: 1529684939239.jpg (675x601, 15K)

>Walgreens stocks plummet
>blindly bought calls moments ago
Wish me luck

Redpill me on why reddit is completely toxic about nio?

Everytime I post about NIO news on stocks or investing subreddits my post instantly gets downvoted to zero and I get accused by people of astroturfing or promoting a scam. If I try to comment my comment instantly gets negative 3.

Why is reddit so toxic about NIO? Is it because of Tesla investors or people convinced chinese are some type of scammers?

I posted news about how NIO has the investment banks who helped their IPO in a contract where they can’t raise funds for competing EV companies for a year and news about NIO recently beating car delivery expecatations for the first quarter and both post got zero fast and people getting upvotes just accusing me of astroturfing or the company being phoney

Attached: 3277A381-5B9C-4C66-8FFA-3D405DC9584F.jpg (1024x743, 175K)

>tfw up $6
Thanks biz

the thing the white man is scared of and hates the most is another race being more successful than them

Folks are tuckered out from all the pumping. Some big names want lower before buys flow back in. CGC in particular. I want to see new support or oversold rsi before nibbling.

Everyday I see a stock go +20%. Give me the scoop, boys. What's gonna be tomorrow's +20%?

Attached: thesip.png (500x500, 148K)

TSLA Bagholders Defense Force

SQQQ