$50,000 to zero as of today. Been a terrible year and a half and I know I will never be the same because of it...

$50,000 to zero as of today. Been a terrible year and a half and I know I will never be the same because of it. I know how to trade which is why I lasted so long but I constantly got emotional or entranced and would neglect my system desperately trying to earn the money back that I lost only to lose more.
Everytime I took a break I thought I could come back to crypto and I would do better and succeed but now there is no going back, I actually have zero now.

Attached: 1480292019263.png (580x326, 249K)

and no I was not short on this moon mission I had already lost over 99% before it.

what were your bags?

Just buy the winter bottom and hold bruh, don't day trade

That sucks and is hard to cope with - hope you somehow regain your spirit and lose.

Thank you for so consistently being on the other side of the trade. I'll pour some on the kerb for you when I've made it and you've an hero'd

So how did you lose?

I only traded stuff like that in december 2017-march 2018. After that I took a 2 month break then moved to bitmex
Unironically wish I would die. I put everything into being a trader but I have too many personality flaws to succeed. If I had just pulled all my money and forgot about it I would have saved myself a lot of grief and had a very different life.
I always thought I didnt have enough money to accumulate but in hindsight I realize accumulating with even $10,000 would have been fine and much less stressful. Trading will make you insane even if you are following a system perfectly.

As I said, abandoning systematic trading and just becoming entranced and just taking bad trades and opening and closing positions. Basically losing my head, becoming emotional, not sticking to a system. It wasn't all at once it was over an entire year.

>I know how to trade

Attached: 1538601598575.jpg (218x265, 21K)

wtf reconize tilt faster dude

I had systems that I back-tested and that were proven to work, I just didnt have the patience or the mental/emotional composure to implement them.

you were not good, now you know that, at least you can move on

also drink water

Yep tilt was another thing. I tilt hard in videogames so the same thing was with trading. A month or so ago I completely lost my head and was just spamming trades and before I knew it I had gone from 0.5BTC to 0.05. Then I realized what I just did.

Man I don’t know anything about trading, I did not sell on Dec17, but with BTC it’s fucking easy, just buy the fucking dip and hodl
It is not just a meme

+13k USD in 3 days
No leverage
Fuck Bitmex

true. but if you did the same thing on 1.5x margin you would make just a little bit more money and you wouldnt get liquidated. slippery slope though and not for brains like mine... unfortunately

Hodl is the only thing on this site that isn’t a meme

Good traders can make gains in a bear market. I’m not one of those. Why didn’t you just hold like the majority of us.

No respect for the money, emotionally invested, I wanted my money back, I thought I could do it, I thought I was 'the exception' in a way, I simply wasnt careful, patient or smart about it at all.

instead of blaming your actions, ask yourself have you learned anything from losing $50k that could be possibly beneficial if you were to trade once again?

>$50,000 to zero
>I know how to trade
user, I...

How old are you?

$50,000 is impactful, but not life ruining. Over the course of your lifetime earnings you will earn much more than that. Chalk it up to a big lesson on what can go wrong when you try to get that deep into trading.

Attached: villeneuves-dune-remake.jpg (696x464, 65K)

Yeah, this doesn't add up...

If he literally rage quits like playing some video game and doesn’t understand that he is the fucking feeder in the MOBA game then he probably shouldn’t trade.

bah what the fuck tilt even is?
stop making excuses, you are just wasting time

He’s tilted

I learned a shit load. Knowledge isn't the problem. I am the kind of person who has to touch a stove and get burned in order to recognize its hot. Even if everyone tells me its hot I am not going to treat it with respect until I touch it myself and get burned.

I need to be a different person if I were ever to try again and succeed.
again guys knowledge doesnt matter when you have the mental and emotional composure of an 8 year old
lol
how is that an excuse lol? whos time am i wasting

apparently he only knows how to go long

your own time of course
tilting is just your excuse for not being good
to be good in this market you need fortunetelling abilities which you don't have
stop trying to get good or finding a reason why you aren't

Well user I don't know jack shit about trading. My following is my strategy is how I am currently at 37k, from that 16k profit. Started summer 2017 so could be better but I am in profit so maybe you will learn.
My strategy since 2018 February has been the following:
>buy link
>long 10x on bitmex

Link I don't have to explain. 13k off h profit is link. On bitmex I kept longing from 7k. Not with a lot of money, 3-500usd at a time. My strategy was to long the bottom, which I eventually managed, I must admit that I didn't really catch it due to despair but I managed to long from 3590 so I am a few 100 dollaridoos profit there to.

Simple is often best.

Your feels is all this space will give you
Just leave this place and find something different

what? tilting wasnt an excuse but I can tell you 100% as a fact that I lost money to tilting among many other things.
Emotional composure is part of trading so if I failed at that then I failed as a trader.
Honestly arguing with you is pointless you're welcome to think whatever you want.

What was the worst move you made that lost you the most?

stop being such a baby. if you picked the right deck of cards you'd be on here saying "BROKE $100K WOW BLAH"

kys.

I went from 150k in January 2018 to $0 yesterday.
I was mostly holding Chainlink, then sold a couple of weeks before it started mooning again.
I was so frustrated that I could've just held and make most of the money back.

Just like you, I started trading Bitmex to make back the opportunities I lost. I had a good couple of trades but this last move completely wiped me out.

It was a wild ride, more than 2 years in crypto and made so much money but I held when I was supposed to sell and shorted during the most euphoric time in a while. I thought it was smart going against the trend because that was mostly the right side of the trade in 2018, but not this time.

All I'm left with is $1400 in my bank account and a gun in my drawer.

thus far the only thing I've learnt about you is you've "a lot of experience" yet you seem to be hating yourself, to me it seems like you have a high ego but no knowledge at all.. tell me briefly what you've learnt from losing $50k?

how did you get the $50k in the first place? are you employed?

shoo linky
perhaps I will return to trading in 10 years time. perhaps not.
hmm lets see. Well most recently I basically opened and closed positions within 20seconds of eachother full tilt dropping me from 0.5-0.05 so by percentage that was by far my "worst move"
Lets see... but Im sure you are more interested in single trades:
I think june 5??? 2018??? I went long at 7100 i think. Lost a lot there Im sure there are many others as well. I think I lost most of my money just shorting too early though. This was before I really had a strong system though

>muh system
the only legitimate system is to not try to outsmart the bots and insiders.

you trying to psychology me for some reason gives me some wonderful asmr for whatever reason. Its so nice that you're thinking about me.
Not going to just share my knowledge. I have tons of documents that Ive made encompassing tons of algorithms and strategies but Ive realized that a strategy has to be absolute, simple, and specific to a scenario. Im not going to share anything obviously

>$50,000 to zero as of today.
>I know how to trade

Attached: 023.png (680x680, 221K)

yeah well you can know exactly how the bots and insiders trade and how they run stops but if you dont have a system and basically a checklist of when you take a trade you will lose

>loses $50k just as the bull market begins
>"I'm not going to reveal my secrets to you lowly plebs"
absolutely kek

Attached: trollsuccess.jpg (458x355, 44K)

your outdated algos are worthless, just by documenting whatever you learn or experience doesn't make you a knowledge person, you probably can't recall 90% of whatever you have "documented"

I'd say everything you've learnt is incompetent with what you're trying to accomplish

You lost $50k and you're still in denial?

lmao
i've gone from 0.02btc to 0.17 playing with bots on bibox previous summer
for sure it wouldn't work with higher stake, however if you trade at 15 exchanges at once and put real effort in what you're doing [it is] possible to have temporary advantage. question is, how far you could go with this and will you take profits or eventually will be wiped in one move

the only sure thing is there are no friends when it comes to (((money/finance))) industry, it's a literal war where everyone is at his own

Don’t want to rain on your parade but you’re kind of retarded.

I’m a wagie with no time/probably not good enough to actually trade and make profit. Smart enough to know my limitations however, ANYONE can buy and hodl.

Imagine you put that 50k into LINK/BAT/BTC/ETH/LTC put those wallets in a safety deposit box and forgot about them for 36 months.

You’d be a multimillionaire by 2021.

I’m disgusted by your squandering of resources, I only have meager sums to invest and it’ll take hands of steel to make it, but I will.

Man the fuck up, buy now, and don’t touch it you mong.

>Im not going to share anything obviously
You dont have to we already know your "strategy" is shit

God, I love and cherish every one of these justed bears that came crawling out of the wood works these past 2 days.
Thank you OP.
Rarely do I get to feel this smug.

Attached: 1439882743310.jpg (1520x1080, 120K)

Alright guys now people are just attacking my replies so I wont bother with individual replies anymore. I would expect nothing less of Jow Forums.

The fact is I am actually just an impulsive, emotional idiot with a brain lagging in maturity and this was basically inevitable. I know I messed up but I am answering questions honestly.
No point in really defending my posts anymore, if you believe its impossible for me to have any useful knowledge then fine lol... fortunately it doesnt actually matter what you think and I dont really have to prove anything. This is simply a discussion thread for me to vent and for your entertainment.

>I can time the market bro, my system derived from overfitting totally worked on hindsight data

Attached: rofl3.jpg (634x441, 72K)

Have we come full circle? From hodl to holding is a meme back to just buy, hold and forget about it. All within 2 years.

Attached: 1467683051143.jpg (327x324, 12K)

it's okay to admit your own imperfections and start to work on them, but it's a long, difficult and harsh process, takes years and requires balls, discipline
it's better to crash and burn when you are young and still can recover, if you were 42 y/o and lost everything you'll had much more desire to hang yourself
chin up, life goes on

As long as you have this mindset you wont make it. Seems like you havent learned shit, only got more bitter and fucked-up in the head.

Why not just buy a bag and forget about it for like 1-2 years like user above suggested?

As difficult as it is to see now Im sure youre right. Thanks for the wholesome post.
not exactly an option right now.

i love it

Attached: bet.png (1442x542, 139K)

You're missing the whole point by putting the blame on people for "attacking" you. It's your fault you're being "attacked". You can learn so much from this thread but you're missing it trying to defend yourself. There's nothing to defend, you're anonymous, so the only thing you're defending is your ego. As long as you gotta feed your ego, you won't see the truth.

>then moved to bitmex
Of course

yes I know why. Its because I said I had knowledge/strategy but I lost money so that must be all bullshit. Its an easy attack/shitpost to make.

>I know how to trade
The fact that you can still say this after losing your entire stack shows that you can't even say you learned a lesson as SOMETHING to take from this experience.

If I can give you one advice from someone who has made profit: Sell everything you don't need, put it into BTC if you want to be super sure or a coin of your choice (couh Nano cough) and just wait 2-3 years.

>yes I know why.
You evidently don't. How can you be this deluded.

Ok this will be my last post here. I think I have gotten out what I need to but I still feel the need to justify myself, a bad habit I cant ever break.
There is a lot more to trading than knowledge and strategy. I didnt even have those until I was down a massive amount too. I basically didnt know what I didnt know. I thought I was knowledgeable because of my success in the bull market.
As it turned out I knew nothing and was down 80% before I actually STARTED to learn. Not only did I test my strategies with real money but by the time I had stuff that was working I let emotion and desire to earn my money back along with a lack of respect for the money I had get the better of me. I was incredibly inconsistent in my trading, emotions, mindset.

The biggest thing was not using real money until you have a developed/proven strategy... no matter how much you want your money back. The second thing is forgetting emotion and sticking to your strategy no matter what.
Thats the most valuable info I can share without rambling on

take your sob story to r*ddit, biz isn't for you.

OK, all jokes aside
>I had systems that I back-tested and that were proven to work
this means precisely jack shit

>My system works, I was just tilting
the fact that you occasionally tilted off racks doesn't vindicate your system
you seem like you're on tilt right now, actually

Attached: 1.png (482x530, 51K)

How are you at 0 if you didnt short and we just bull? What exit scam were you indulged in