Who here got a shitty /meme-degree/ also?

economics bachelor's degree

literally toilet paper. it means nothing. i went to the highest ranked university in my state.

there should have been a disclaimer telling me that it was a bullshit degree

Attached: schizoid-butt.jpg (500x500, 262K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pasted.co/c87d1368
blogs.ams.org/matheducation/2015/01/01/you-can-do-anything-with-a-math-degree/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what is pic related describing?

schizoid personality "disorder"

Sell your degree for crypto and start driving a truck.

I have all of these
huh

>degree in economics
>isn't getting rich off being an early adapter to cryptocurrencies
lel a lot of good it did you

Attached: 1467860212874.gif (482x800, 29K)

i wanted to buy bitcoins when they were $12 but i was totally broke, i had literally $0

i didnt' get a job until i was 21 years old

before that i had to sell amphetamine just to afford to eat. whatever bitcoins i had, it was more profitable to buy amphetamine with and sell for 5x markup. i had to pay rent and eat food

yeah, if i had $1000 to invest at age 18, i would have turned that into what, like $100,000 maybe? i am 25 now

i can't go back in time. when i started university i had $60 to my name

>schizoid personality disorder

Doesn't that describe most men?

on Jow Forums? maybe
in real life? nope

Lmao faggot I got a political science degree. These days I unironically think even shit like women's studies would be better

Me
Geography+Polisci majors. Got a free ride for 4yrs of college and wasted it but at least I had a good time and emerged a normie

Attached: 1554210540995.jpg (1238x492, 25K)

I got a meme degree. But honestly, it doesn’t matter. If you’re smart you can learn some skills and get a good job anyway.

>If you’re smart you can learn some skills and get a good job anyway.
like what?

i learned web design languages but i can't get hired

I fell for the trade school meme now I make only 55k/year meanwhile university grads even arts degree holders are making at least 80k starting and 120k after 5 years

Attached: 1403592929130.jpg (445x302, 30K)

kek that's bullshit

no it's real data backed by the bureau of labor statistics, STEM degree holders computer science in particular are making 150-180k starting even

>university grads even arts degree holders are making at least 80k starting and 120k after 5 years

OP here. i am a uni grad and make $0
best i ever made was $18 per hour, in a place with very high rent. this is despite my uni being ranked the #1 in the state (#8 nationwide for public unis)

>STEM degree holders computer science in particular are making 150-180k starting even
i don't know anyone making that much. sounds like fake data

Maybe you’re just a lazy entitled neet cunt?

>lazy
possibly, but i am willing to work a job if someone would hire me.

>entitled
i am entitled to nothing, not even life. but i do want a job. nobody will give me one

>neet
yes, this is true. but i want a job. nobody will give me one though

i am also not elligible for military service, so... yeah. there is no guaranteed job at all. i have to convince someone to pay me for my labor, which has been a consistent failure for 10 months

should've learned python or javascript

i do know javascript. i have 5 years work experience using javascript, especially jquery

Fellow econ degree fag here

I've been working in the mortgage industry. Currently do accounting but I just quit to work at a broker as a processor, ganna get salary + comission. Could've done it without going to school but whatever.

I'm ganna try to learn Data analysis stuff like R and Python since I have some econometric experience though. But yeah, getting a vague degree like econ is not good. Shouldve gone with stats

>jquery

how the fuck can you not get a job then? do you live in a bad state with no tech scene?

what state OP

tell me what the issue is. i know regular javascript but i also used jquery

>how the fuck can you not get a job then
i don't know i must be a faggot or something. my degree is in econ so it's totally unrelated

>do you live in a bad state with no tech scene?
floridafag

florida

i went to UF.

my resume:

pasted.co/c87d1368
pass = lolcox

where did you work for 5 years? or are you counting home work as experience

>where did you work for 5 years?
about 4.5 years, at a small web development / internet marketing agency. it's an LLC but has like 20-30 people working there max. in fact on my resume (see: )
i split it into two companies because there is a travel agency that it was built upon

basically some boomer had a bunch of shitty, old websites selling tours in bahamas, key west, mexico. then he met some younger dude who remade all his websites, and then they, together, made a new company making websites and doing SEO for all sorts of local businesses

so both companies are co-owned by the same 2 guys, although each one basically deals entirely with just 1

>or are you counting home work as experience
nope see my resume: i made some fake 'tutoring' shit. should i take that off? it adds fluff to maek my resume 1 page

The fact that economists are consistently if not almost always BTFOd by the market proves that their so-called "discipline" is a sham. Anyone who actually paid for a degree in econ fell for their scam hook line and sinker.
>i wanted to buy bitcoins when they were $12 but i was totally broke, i had literally $0
>"I swear I was gonna buy it guise, I just couldn't muster the energy to cobble together 200 dollars, something schizophrenic homeless people in any major city manage to do without too much trouble on any given day."
>Hamstering this hard
Not gonna make it. You have to face the reality that you fucked up and start building capital. If you can't get a job, then find something that's actually useful, by which I mean something that makes money, to learn and build your human capital. is basically right. No more excuses. You still have time to turn it around, user-kun.

Attached: picardtakingprisoners.jpg (650x488, 32K)

give specifics, faggot

i used to sell amphetamine for years. now if i order anything from another country it basically gets seized by customs. i have had about a kilogram of amphetamine seized from netherlands, germany (multiple packages). pains me to even remember that shit

what the fuck am i supposed to do?

and yeah i couldn't cobble together 200 dollars really. i had to keep buying food so i wouldn't starve, and i was a full time student at the time so nobody wanted to hire me

> If you can't get a job, then find something that's actually useful, by which I mean something that makes money, to learn and build your human capital
please be specific. is there anything i can do that isn't illegal?

What skills and what kind of job?

so your resume format is super shit. other than that you should be able to get jobs, if you mass apply. 100 applications = 10 interviews = 2 jobs.

>● Full stack developer at a growing internet marketing agency
First, put your title on the first line of the Job section. Second, this line is worthless, just delete it. Make each line very specific
>● Designed and optimized cross-browser, mobile-friendly websites
>● Interacted with clients providing strategic internet marketing services
Cut the fluff. mentioning cross browser and mobile is fine, but WTF is providing strategic marketing services? It makes it sound like you're bullshitting

Something like
>Designed 400 pages in PHP, front end design, and back end, using Google Market API
I know that sentence is shitty, but i hope you get the point. your bullet points should be describing valuable jobs you did, not filling space

In your skills section, put years of experience in each technology [Javascript 5 years], and make each line count, delete wordpress as a skill if you don't want a $10/hr wordpress job.

Remove Objective and Summary of qualifications
and yes delete the fake tutor job, no one cares about anything you did 5 years ago

I have an English degree. THE WORST of all meme degrees.

Dont worry user, you can dance and sing for little chink kids in China

you're basically telling me to remove half of the entire resume

it'll be a huge empty page, and it's already virtually all bullshit to start with

every single skill is 5 years. all of them lol

>delete wordpress as a skill if you don't want a $10/hr wordpress job.
i'll take that, honestly. i'm fuckign NEET i'm basically about to bite the bullet and get a fucking mcjob at walmart. like i said, nobody will hire me

>WTF is providing strategic marketing services
it's for some SEO nonsense. which i never did

it seems like i am decently skilled because i have 5 years experience. this is simply not the case

all the stuff i know i learned in 2 months, basically. then i just spent 4.5 years doing the same exact thing, over and over and over again. it rarely got any more complicated than basic PHP/HTML/CSS/jQuery

i am just naturally good at coding and fast, so my boss had me as like the main web developer pumping out sites super fast. i never talked to clients, i never did much of anything really.

the entire thing is fluff. i mean if i wanted to make a website, i could make a clone of youtube or Jow Forums or facebook myself, it's not that hard at all.

people hear "five years experience" and think "wow, that's 4 years better than 1 year" but it's not

I went to uni for CS and dicked off, fucking sluts and doing drugs constantly and now I make the same as you but while you're busting your ass all day I'm sipping cappuccino in an air conditioned office while surrounded by attractive women and in two years i'll be making six figs. jelly?

>I relate to all of those things in the OP
>in addition I have a huge disgust for 95% of those I meet
I work in sales via my own business and as a realtor and every time I meet someone I ask myself how much longer it's gonna be until the world ends.

you can try putting on your resume that you're still employed at your last job, maybe talk with them if you're on good terms for a reference check.
also your location needs to match the job's location or else they will bin you. If you're applying out of the area, make a resume for each location you're applying to and put "relocating to X, FL" in April 2019

But if you really were doing work for 5 years, you need to come up with something more specific. Why feel the need to fluff if you really were working for 5 years. go back and remember everything you can and put it down.

i'm sure i'm seeing the same things an interviewer would, super confused why you have to fluff for that long.

can you help me m8

Attached: 2019-04-05 18.png (646x494, 31K)

also can someone help me choose a degree. I'm so fucking lost on what to major in

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-05 Academic Programs - Metropolitan State University of Denver - Acalog ACMS™.p (726x2329, 251K)

If you're as good at web dev as you claim, you should have a personal portfolio website where you can showcase some of your work. You should ask your old boss if you can take screenshots of some of the sites you developed and put them up, or run your local repo and screen from there. Then put your website on your resume and in all your career profiles. You're bound to find someone who is desperate for a cheap developer and get at least 36k. Just be willing to relocate and also work on your soft skills, on selling yourself during the interview. I had only modest familiarity with the tech stack my company uses but focused on my ability to learn and adapt.

>you can try putting on your resume that you're still employed at your last job, maybe talk with them if you're on good terms for a reference check.
i said that i work remotely for them, which makes sense since it's a web dev position

>i'm sure i'm seeing the same things an interviewer would, super confused why you have to fluff for that long.
i told you, i literally did the same thing over and over again

and we had our own custom CMS that nobody else uses. 90% of the sites were built on that CMS and the other 10% were on wordpress, which everyone has used

looks like a natural monopoly 2 me

i have a list of 50 websites i made which i send if they ask for it

i was considering making a bunch of random templates just to have something for a 'portfolio' but i'm basically broke now, i won't be able to afford to even pay my car insurance. i'm thinking of just forgetting web dev altogether. it has been 10 months and only 3 real web dev interviews after over 1000 applications, and nobody wants to hire me. i think i'm just destined for a mcjob, or moving boxes or something

For every american who can't cut it as a software developer, we import another pajeet. You need something that sells your brand, which is exactly what a portfolio site does. I built mine with a few lines of React and now I'm a React developer, kek. Speaking of which, no one uses jQuery anymore so get with the times grandpa. Look at what jobs are available and start tailoring your skillset to the market demands.

Attached: 1509826076617.jpg (228x216, 10K)

work on whatever you thought went wrong in your interviews.
put your screenshots on github, put the link at the top of your resume.
PHP is fine I see tons of jobs for it. but going for React or Angular could be worth it.
but just put that on your resume "built 50 websites", then link them in your github. you don't need to ask permission

>Brewery Operations Major
Found your major!

Eh depends on your luck and will to learn. I did 10 years in the industry starting at data analysis and working up modelling ,prepping data, etc., even consulting and at some point managed very bright people from top world universities and didn't even finish my econ degree in my 2nd world country. You need a strong will and luck but right now the world is incredibly data hungry. I'm glad I'm out of the industry though as it was exhausting especially when lacking the deep statistics and playing catch-up.

Attached: 2xvybf.jpg (500x538, 75K)

do Mathematics B.Sc. user

Starting salary is $350k

>cs kid
>having sex in college
>working around attractive women
0/10
The absolute state of larpers

blogs.ams.org/matheducation/2015/01/01/you-can-do-anything-with-a-math-degree/

Bio 3.5

71 applications only response offered 13.9 for lab work no retirement acc, or benifits.

Fucking target raises their minimum wage to 13 this june and they match reitement contributions like 5%

At the university entrance examination I had the highest score in math among students.

Only in my country, the average salary is $ 300-400 per month (Eastern Europe).

320k$ can be earned in 70 years))

PSYCH DEGREE HERE. YES, I FELL FOR THE MEMES, YES I THOUGHT I WOULD STUDY "MEANINGFUL TOPICS".

LITERALLY ASSASSINATE ME, PLEASE. I'LL TELL THE COPS I ASKED FOR IT. PLEASE JUST EXECUTE ME.

>econ

I can beat that. Fine art! Contrary to the odds, I did get a full-time job directly related straight out of uni. Graphic design for a printing firm. Pay was okay for a starting position, $60k ten years ago. Only problem is I hated it. Not the company but the actual work. Graphic design is about interpreting customers vaguely described ideas the making a series of 2D ads or logos or vector files for commercial signage. It turns out people suck real bad at describing what it is they want. Do prelim sketches, do revisions as requested, project moving along to final stages. Suddenly nope we changed our minds we want something completely different. And repeat. I once got so frustrated with a customer after three consecutive attempts, each of which were taken to final stages before the company last second changed their minds, I threw papers at them and walked out of both the office and the job. Never went back.

I now do unrelated part-time job on weekends and trade stocks during week.

I have a BS in biology because of the stem meme

Now I'm in the military

It's a /sci/ meme

No one is giving a bachelors $350k starting salary

You would have had at least $1 million today if you bought bitcoin 7 years ago.

All those thimgs apply to me, I'm not a schizoid right A-anons? Just because I hear my parents arguing whenever I smoke pot doesn't mean I'm crazy. R-right?

Attached: 1514730547772-biz.jpg (1280x1280, 300K)

>7 years ago.
back then, my friends would buy me food because they felt bad about how poor i was
nobody would hire me because i was a full time student. after like 2 years of that shit, i started selling speed

what's a good major, anons?

I just want to live a comfy life and be happy to have woken up every day.

I'm a big Jow Forumsizen so I figured I could learn something useful and interesting like nutrition, especially considering how fucked things are with food and dieting here in America

Attached: 8e9.gif (398x444, 276K)

>something useful and interesting like nutrition
you definitely should learn about nutrition, but dear fucking god do not get a degree in that. it's totally worthless
just research it in your free time

>what's a good major, anons?
depends what kind of job you want

If you're as desperate as you sound for money, you could scour craigslist for labor jobs. Those are easy to get. Plus it sounds like some good, hard work would do you some good, son.

I never had any special talents or passions when I was younger so anything that is lively and not stressful works for me, I've got like 100+ options to major in and many more minors

Attached: 6fd.gif (80x70, 20K)

technical writer
law/paralegal
teaching

you need to pick something and do it. i picked a "general" major and as a result i am fucked, nobody will hire me for some reason

i was never passionate about anything that could be turned into a career either (i have passions and hobbies, they will just never make me a single dollar).

next choice: find something you're naturally good at

nursing

was going to call you an idiot, but since it was free, then doesnt really matter. best part is the social aspect of it anyways.

Dude stop smoking weed

Yeah just wish I went to college later when I had more drive and wasnt a depressed internet addict and then normie who couldnt be assed to study much. At least I have a lot of GIS experience and had a lot of internships at government offices and stuff

Attached: 1552409975486.png (236x234, 34K)

literally this. sister just got a job making $100k+ 1 year out of school.

Got the S in STEM and I have barely been able to fnd shit. Working as a firefighter, its ok but holy shit is the normie-dom out of control. HOO-AH! type shit.

I want a nice easy office job.

>HOO-AH! type shit.

I thought you guys just scrape up car crash victims and cart drug addicts off to the hospital 99% of the time.

yeah, but at the station, and training etc is all about screaming and 'come on you pussy!" its pretty hard on my introverted nature, I was hazed really bad for a while.

Ok, I got a few solutions for you fellow Florida fag, (Option #1) Move to a state with more IT positions,

(Option #2) Go to graduate school and take advantage of "Intern" positions for graduate school students through your universities career center. (preferably for computer science, not more Econ bullshit)

(Option #3) Nepotism aka asking Daddy or Mommy to help you find a job.

(Option #4) Really bro I have half of those skills less experience live in Florida and have 3 offers for IT positions, fake it till you make it, just keep trying (Then again your Econ degree might look shit compared to my IT degree)

Also, I went to one of the lowest ranked Florida colleges but decided to put most of my time into networking, went to every career fair, talked to every recruiter, joined a fraternity, etc.. Best of luck, my brother was an Econ major and couldn't find a position for 2 years after college, so maybe obtaining a 2nd degree (or AWS certifications might help)

>IT positions
what positions?

as for moving to another state, if i got a job i could move. but i'm not going to sign some lease for an apartment when i am NEET

and going back to school is straight up out of the picture, honestly

I know this isn't a confess thread... but i studied communications. Yep.

Reminder that if you're doing shit you hate for six figures, you're not making it. I had good enough grades for law school, but now I see all my buddies who went that route turn into stressed out, overworked snakes. Meanwhile, I make 50k with my meme degree doing mindless office admin shit that mostly involves browsing the internet. Definitely made the better choice.

if i made 6 figures i would just work a few years and retire

doing anything you don't want to do is not making it. not everyone can enjoy something that they will pay you for. not everyone can be passionate about a "career" but rather, something that will not make them a single dollar

Marketing degree but started my own company during, learned more doing that then I ever did in school. Companies want applicable skills and real world stuffs. Not just a piece of paper. Your school didn’t fail you, you did.

My point is not about the merits of pursuing something you're passionate about versus something profitable, but rather to encourage people to avoid doing something that'll make you hate your life even if it pays well. I'm not passionate about being a pencil pusher, but it sounds less awful than practicing law, EVEN WITH the pay differential factored in.

>encourage people to avoid doing something that'll make you hate your life even if it pays well

but imagine you have 2 choices:

- work a job you hate for 10 years, then retire

OR

- work a job you hate slightly less for 20 years, then retire

hmmmm

>there should have been a disclaimer telling me that it was a bullshit degree

I agree, lets get together a class action lawsuit this is fucking bullshit. I think a good argument can be made that it's basically a scam at this point with admin, professors and textbook companies at the top.

Anything I learned in uni I could have just googled. Teachers were shit as well.

>Have someone slap you in the face once a day for 20 years, then retire.

OR

>Have a spiked dildo rammed up your ass all day every day for 10 years, then retire

hmmmm

>Marketing degree but started my own company during, learned more doing that then I ever did in school
what does your company do? i learned more outside of school also

>Companies want applicable skills and real world stuffs. Not just a piece of paper.
yeah i understand that. i have almost 5 years work experience in web development. i could make a website that is an identical clone of Jow Forums, easily, it would just take a lot of time and effort (which is pointless since the code already exists, for free).

there are literally millions of "applicable skills" but there is no guarantee that any of them will get you a job.

if there was something i could learn that would GUARANTEE me a job, i would go learning it. lately i've just been learning different languages (working on angular) but, when it comes to coding, each language is only used by a small minority of jobs. i could learn 10 different languages and only use like 2 of them at a company. then get a job somewhere else and use 2 different languages.

>Your school didn’t fail you, you did.
ok so what do i do, just get a mcjob?

my degree is useless. there should have been a disclaimer "this degree doesn't qualify you for anything whatsoever, even with 5 years work experience" then i wouldn't have gotten it

at least the degree was free

Consumer goods, branding etc. just gotta apply yourself, I’m sure you’ll be okay, just stay positive and be grateful that you do have a degree. That should help you have the upper hand, or maybe relocating somewhere where your degree is needed could be an idea

>just gotta apply yourself
good one, boomer

>be grateful that you do have a degree
oh, i am. it's better than no degree. just like having $0.01 in a bank account is better than $0, but not really significantly

>relocating somewhere where your degree is needed could
who needs someone a bachelor's degree in economics? [spoiler]nobody[/spoiler]

the degree is a meme. it only proves i can study something, do basic work, and keep at it for a few years. ok, great, i have a 4 year degree... and almost 5 years work experience, so that's basically just redunant

how about: i'll make your company a website for dirt cheap. literally i'll charge 1/5 of what my old company did, for the same quality work =^)

oh yeah? what about a history+classical studies degree?

They ain't meme degrees to certain extent. Ones you got the paper you gotta have some connections which is shit

If 29 is a boomer then I guess so. You’ll be okay

>open office cubicles

Attached: 1444760634999.jpg (500x440, 71K)

i'm in the same boat OP, studied engineering and business.

we'll make it though don't give up.

I took chemistry because I really liked it but it is so bad. Worse than bio and physics for sure, at least in Canada. Stuck being a mindless quality control drone forever for 15 bucks an hour

the absolute cope, i'm better looking than you could even imagine.

you poor econ majors could have just listened to planet money podcasts for free :(

What majors are worth it bros? I was thinking either:
>accounting
>finance
>math (or applied math)
>CS
>Chemical Eng

Honestly I was a pretty good student and capable of doing well if I applied myself. However, I don't really have a solid goal besides:
>I just really want to excel at something and "get to the top" so to speak.
also
>Maybe creating a startup that is something useful like genetic engineering/genomics

Attached: h9i4APy.png (1548x1468, 105K)

How do you honestly expect me to read anything put over a brapper like that.. cmon man

first baby steps towards full blown schizoprenia. sooner or later you'll be talking with God and angels under a bridge

Attached: mygod.jpg (184x273, 9K)

>Full stack developer
>all the stuff i know i learned in 2 months, basically. then i just spent 4.5 years doing the same exact thing

Do you even know what full stack means? You're straight up lying and wondering why no one wants to hire you

it's not a meme degree you are just a loser. Don't worry though without people like you nobody would wash pur toilet stalls