Coding Boot Camp

Does any1 recommend these to get a 6 fig job in tech? Or are they a meme?

Attached: 96ebea.jpg (800x533, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cirr.org/data
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Yes, I am a programmer. How could you tell?

Attached: DO77SKKU8AADk-3.jpg (1200x788, 258K)

They only work if you have connections to industry. Which is partly what they try to help you achieve. Also most people actually hate programing and even if you can do it you might want to end your life once you have the dream job

I make $170k this year programming and I hate my fucking job

This. I went to a really good one about a year and a half ago. I even had a coding internship on top of it. I applied to a couple thousand jobs and couldn't get my foot in the door. Gave up and went to work in another industry.

They help if you're ready to put in the work. A good bootcamp should be a springboard from which you have the necessary tools to continue learning and start working as a junior or intern, from there your career can start

what industry?

Try lambda school no need to pay if u don't work in tech after finishing or makong >50k

DANGER: IT'S A FUCKING MEME. THEY DON'T GET YOU A JOB, THEY GIVE YOU A "CERTIFICATE" THAT NO ONE CARES ABOUT.

I FELL FOR THE MEME, SPENT 13 WEEKS OF 9-5 IMMERSIVE BOOTCAMP LEARNING, AND NO ONE WILL HIRE ME BECAUSE I HAVE NO EXPERIENCE AND NO CONNECTIONS.

LITERALLY DON'T FUCKING DO IT UNLESS YOU HAVE PRIOR TECH EXPERIENCE, CONNECTIONS, AND A PORTFOLIO THAT 23-YEAR-OLD ROASTIE RECRUITERS AND HR WHORES WILL BE IMPRESSED BY.

FUCKING KILL ME. PLEASE.

You could consider an industry program like the TI A+ or whatever, since that's an actual objective credential used by the Fortune 500 global corporation type people.

Meme. waste of 18,000

>kneepads

Kek, how much did you throw away on that shit?

What about boot camp reviews on R*ddit? I've read reviews of various boot camps of guys saying they found jobs. Are they fake or what?

>plebbit the response
Thats a good goy, make that money for shekelstein instead of making your own software. Now go make sure shekelbergs asshole is clean.

Certificate people never make it through interview questions. These are only any good if you're the kind of person who could self teach the content of the bootcamp, and if you can do that it's pointless and you should just try to roll and sell your own software (because people won't hire you until you have done this or have a degree),

to go from 0 to making your own software that anybody gives two shits about is quite hard

What about UX bootcamps for people with graphic design degrees?

>Zero-to-hero coding bootcamps
10 years til saturation?

If you could time travel back to 2012-2015 they’re worth it. In 2019 there are way too many shitty bootcamp saturated market with junior web developers.

You don't need connections or prior tech experience. Just a portfolio is eough.

This. Been programming for over 10 years. Started with C++ but now do Java. Every day before I get out of bed I think about how much easier it would be to kill myself than to go stare at syntax on a monitor for another 8 hours.

yeah HR roasties are a total pain in ass. some inexperienced, naive dumb cunt that you only bypass when you color your resume like a fucking faggot and lie the shit out of in your interview ....horrible.then they let you down for BS. its god's special punishment to put women in HR. one man with proper judgment (not a boy) could propably to their weeks full time work of selecting and hiring better in under half an hour.

Not a meme for URMs (women, blacks, etc...). We have pipelines where we hire at least half the women we interview. They are okay, they put in work, and thats about it. They do make 6 figures, but they start off a paygrade below new grads but with easy promotion in 6 months (if they are decent), pay catches up quickly with the rest of us.

But from my limited experience, I'm not impressed. We have plenty of smart and very hard working new grads, and theres more people with degrees every year. Why hire bootcamps then, unless it at least fills some political objective (URMs)?

feels bad. my brother graduated from a coding bootcamp last year. I don't think he has found a job yet. he has a bachelor degree too. still wish the best for him

is lambda school worth a fuck?

cirr.org/data

Here’s data about employment / salary

thanks user, way better % than I was expecting