What's your excuse for not moving to the midwest?

What's your excuse for not moving to the midwest?

Attached: whatsyourexcuse.png (1256x1160, 2.03M)

Other urls found in this thread:

tours.spacecrafting.com/nvideo-232w
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I already live in the midwest though

also bottom house is way too big as if I'm going to want to maintain that shit

Because I have no intention of signing myself up for a mortgage while working.

I don't have $2,700,000

Buy $CPROP

McMansions are literal trash and they should all be burned down.

Also good luck enjoying green grass and pool during the 8 months a year you get mouth fucked by father winter.

Once the asset bubble pops that mini-mansion in the middle of nowhere will be no more than 1.2MM. Look how long it has been on the market, nobody is buying this overpriced shit anymore. The buyside is kaput, all that remains is for the sellside to start unloading in a panic.

Attached: clownworldbox.png (478x600, 339K)

>every window different

based mcmansions

The Midwest is best. Used to live there but had to move to TX for work. I miss having seasons.

Get your redditisms out of my 4channel faggot

>bunch of self entitled fat headed white people that thinks all the wars were for them.
>midwest pizza being shit.
>no good stripclubs or prostitution allowed
>weed illegal
>bible belt fucking up everything nice
>forced to hear about state school sports teams
midwest sucks ass.

Sounds like we wouldn't want you anyways so thank you kindly for removing yourself neighborino

>trash

It's made of brick, retard.

>winter

Perfect time to watch a movie or chill in the sauna, pleb commiefornia retard

tours.spacecrafting.com/nvideo-232w

The guy living in Silicon Valley is gonna be clearing at least 200k a year

and paying over half to his shithole government

I think you missed the point user

Jc i never knew how good we had it. My three bedroom house in wisconsin was like 120,000.

You sound like an insufferable faggot. The kind of faggot soaking in a pretentious air of smug superiority who in reality is a literal bottom feeding cretin. An idiot and smugly arrogant about the fact. A vapid hole is above you yet you presume to look down on your betters. I would rather have ghetto niggers live next door than a piece of shit like you. Drink battery acid.
Average software engineer salary in Minneapolis where this house is located is 104k, the average in San Fran is 126k. So try again, dumbass. The difference in living expenses means the based midwest engineer has a higher quality of life and more money to show for it.

I wouldn't want to take up room in your basement next to your mum

When did this meme about Shiticon Valley being the only place in the entire country where you can make good money start?

Or you could live in in a high cost of living area, make 3-400k/year and maybe you pay $2k/month in rent but you can save 6 figures a year. After a decade or so you should have enough to flat out retire in a low cost of living area.

>Sounds like we wouldn't want you anyways
YOU wouldnt want me. but the company i work for does. they want more every year.

aww. no argument just hurt buttfeels. lol

>YOU wouldnt want me. but the company i work for does. they want more every year.
This is an over 18 website, larpfaggot

I'm not fat.

you make good money legally.

The true answer is to get a penthouse in an emerging city.

Attached: 900k.png (1244x1321, 2.44M)

>Average software engineer salary in Minneapolis where this house is located is 104k, the average in San Fran is 126k
>Source: my ass
Also this is not even including the 100k a year in stock grants and bonuses that people working in the Bay Area would get.

Attached: 1554690243.png (1663x398, 81K)

how about filling out a job application

Fuck commiefornians. Whenever I see a commiefornian license plate, their windows are getting smashed.

Lmao @ cuck shed ads where they show pictures of the lobby and elevators. $1mil and you get one 3ft triangle window on a wall. LMAO.
>hotel LEVEQUE
LMAO

>Also this is not even including the 100k a year in stock grants and bonuses that people working in the Bay Area would get.
>Source: my ass

Attached: 1544230807866.png (752x268, 43K)

>Hoa: $1,066/month
Does this mean what I think it means?

I mean I cut out 90% of the pictures, but the point remains. Penthouses are criminally cheap in schities like Columbus, Indianapolis, Minneapolis, Louisville etc. If I had a REIT I'd be buying this shit up and flipping it in 20 years for 10000x

delusional

>Also this is not even including the 100k a year in stock grants and bonuses that people working in the Bay Area would get.

Right because there are no companies in Minneapolis that do that either. None. Zero

kys

Attached: SC572.png (415x685, 13K)

>not buying a 1.5 million dollar house in the midwest and renting a penthouse in SF or NYC and letting a thot live there so long as you can fuck her any time you're in town and she keeps it clean
you faggots don't even want to make it

>snow removal, trash fee, maintenance etc.
You're paying their mortgage

i've lived in every area of the country and make a good living working remote. the midwest was the worst place i've lived. my top 3 are colorado, texas, and california,

looks like a fucking dustopian nightmare wage slave cave. no fuckin way

>OHNONONONONONO!
Right, because company #499 is just as good as company #2.

Attached: 1554690936.png (1134x396, 55K)

>buying a house in america

Attached: fullsizeoutput_56a.jpg (778x719, 135K)

here

I live outside of Columbus, why would you even want a penthouse here? downtown is so small there's no reason to even want to live there. A McMansion in Hilliard or Dublin is far superior.

That's the average salary at any given series C/D startup that offers stock options as well, and if you're first twenty employees, that's enough to make you a millionaire in and of itself when you IPO. Anyone with any actual industry exposure knows this. You're some neet sitting in a parent's basement, don't talk about shit you don't know jack about.

This. America only exists to make money so you can move to Japan and get Japanese qt gf

Attached: 15BE2411-9B3E-4CAF-9DD6-5E3BDF892971.jpg (708x800, 78K)

>implying every start up is successful

>the midwest was the worst place i've lived.
"The midwest" is a huge area from Kansas to Michigan and everywhere in between. Where did you live? I personally think Minneapolis is great and that's after living in Phoenix, Atlanta, Miami, Nashville, quite a few places I forget, and having traveled extensively to practically every major city in the US and some in Canada.
>submittied anonymously
This doesn't mean nearly as much as you think it does. I know you're probably still in high school but maybe you've taken at least introductory statistics. If so, recall the 15 minutes your teacher spent on sample bias and how unreliable a voluntary survey is. Obviously people gross more in the valley but the take home and reduced living standards of having to share a literal cuckshed with 3 smelly Indians severely diminishes the advantage of maybe taking home the extra 5k a year.
>That's the average salary at any given series C/D startup that offers stock options as well, and if you're first twenty employees, that's enough to make you a millionaire in and of itself when you IPO. Anyone with any actual industry exposure knows this. You're some neet sitting in a parent's basement, don't talk about shit you don't know jack about.
Oh yeah buddy, I'm sure you've done exactly this at least 5 times. In your hacker news fever dreams I'm sure.

why do so many of you fucking larp jesus christ you are pathetic.

Attached: lel.jpg (800x450, 38K)

>submittied anonymously
I'm using the same source as you you retard.
>taking home the extra 5k a year
You just showed that you don't know how to perform basic mathematics. Why you would think that anyone would listen to some inbred uneducated hick larping on an anonymous imageboard is beyond me.

Did you morons forget there's a salary on top of the stock options, or that bonuses aren't included in salary estimates?
You fuckers are pathetic. Getting called out on this site is the best positive affirmation a man could get.

>I'm using the same source as you you retard.
And you're assigning a much higher weight to it. I have enough sense to know it's at best suggestive and is only useful in context of the entire picture. You are taking it as some kind of etched in stone "gotcha" when it absolutely isn't and even if it were, the difference in living expenses at worst makes up for it.
>>taking home the extra 5k a year
>You just showed that you don't know how to perform basic mathematics.
On the contrary, I'm telling you that simple arithmetic means when it's all said and done, the amount you will have in your bank account at year's end will at best be 5k between the valley and Minneapolis.
Believe whatever bullshit you read on the internet, kid. I'm 42 and have actually lived all over and worked in tech since the 90's.
Fuckstick, you get stock options and equity everywhere, not just California. Did you forget that?

I lived in the midwest and the winters are just too damn depressing and being so far away fromthe coast feels weird (the lake doesn't count).

Attached: 1541019846329.webm (1440x508, 1.75M)

>getting significant options at Epic or one of the other midwest programmer mills
top kek

Nobody with money would ever buy an asset that for as long as they "own" they are forced to pay another party $1K/mo in HOA fees.

Point is California is the sweet spot between high-end salary covering the rent and each extra dollar beyond rent/food having greater marginal value given the static cost of most consumer goods across the nation and stock options most likely to mean something in a decade.

>And you're assigning a much higher weight to it.
You're the one that brought it up first, with inaccurate numbers to begin with.
>the difference in living expenses at worst makes up for it
It clearly doesn't. All you have to do is perform simple arithmetic.
>the amount you will have in your bank account at year's end
You clearly are a larper if you think the amount you have in a bank account matters at all.
>I'm 42 and have actually lived all over and worked in tech since the 90's
I'm 26 and I bet the annual change in my net worth is at least twice that of yours.
>Fuckstick, you get stock options and equity everywhere, not just California. Did you forget that?
Ahh yes, I forgot how companies like Target and Pepsi hand out six figures worth of shares to employees every year.

clearly you have no money

The point is that Columbus is a shithole NOW but it's going to have a sizeable metropolis in a decade. You want to be in early, and when you've got enough saved up to move out, you can turn around and sell for bigly profit.

Ever tried to listen to someone from Minnesota talk?

kek, why do you think these condos are so cheap? They're criminally cheap here around DC, too, *because* nobody wants them. They're a poor investment.

I don't think it's necessarily a shithole but I don't think downtown will grow all that much

i don't fuck my siblings

imagine sacrificing a decade of your life for a few hundo thousand dollars. christ.
people like you came up poor and forgot that the entire point of chasing wealth is so you don't have to live a miserable life in a flyover town with shitty winters.

pretty based idea right here, I like it

Some fuckers can’t drive and love mass transit and living in DIVERSITY.

In the Midwest you assimilate and fast. Most of our Asians speak English with only a slight accent. An immigrant has made it once they are 100 miles away from the Ocean, except for Chicago.

>Hotel laveque
HHH owns a hotel now?

Are there really NPC's out there who really buys such homes??? I can only imagine big Investment Companies buying those but no human ever

Attached: 1536935722773.jpg (247x185, 23K)

I grew up there. It's a shithole. Anyone who says differently probably moved from an even worse part of the world. Easily the worst part of the United states.

A house is a place for me to sleep. It's not a place where I live my life.

I need to be in or near a major city. I go to the theatre, concerts, art galleries, festivals, restaurants. I'm talking New York, London, Tokyo. I live in a world-class city and have a tiny little room and no complaints because I get to have so many amazing experiences in the world outside my home.

a place where i need to be in a major city. i go to be in or near a tiny little room and no complaints because i get to have so many amazing experiences in the world outside my home.

Snow and lack of job opportunities

You know you can apply this argument to third world countries as well, the prices are high in silicon valley because everyone wants to be there. If it suddenly stopped being desirable then people would leave and prices would drop.

>b-b-but people are leaving
Yeah people who can't compete. Net migration is positive for college grads, and I think it's pretty clear if you limited to ivy leaguers there would be massive net migration.

Attached: 1493926215499.jpg (749x751, 149K)

You have to be 18 to post here. oh wait. it's a blue board. i dont know the rules here. There's no doubt you're a bitch though.

Wow, for the price of a tiny wooden shitshck bungalow in Palo Alto, I can buy a giant wooden (masonry is just a facade) shitshack McMansion in MN?
Fuck off, boomer.
Not buying your wooden shitshack bags at ATHs.

Attached: housing-prices.png (1024x618, 47K)

interesting post

The best part is that it's probably cheap OSB frame construction with a fake brick veneer.
That means it requires constant maintenance to prevent
>rot
>fire
>termites
And there are property taxes too!
The boomer speculator who built or bought that ugly McMansion and is now trying to sell it will probably end up paying taxes and maintenance costs on it for years while they wait for a buyer.

Attached: osb-rot.jpg (640x570, 270K)

In SF a software engineer’s salary is usually less than half of their TC. Tons of people raking in 3-500k a year when bonuses and equity are taken into account.

All of you burgers complaining about where to live makes me sick.

You have such a beautiful country, huge, with various climate.

I wish I could afford a trip to visit USA, and have a nice road trip around the country.

But living there would be a dream, even in a small hut.

From Poland with love.

Attached: 1467069102_polski.jpg (550x550, 40K)

>thinks a facing is actual brick

brainlet confirmed

>But living there would be a dream, even in a small hut.
You mean like living outside the city? Its all fuckin shacks & trailer homes! You also need the obligatory 11 cars on cinder blocks in your front yard!
You have been brainwashed by Hollywood!
Sad

delusional zoomer

still better than a shithole in poland

Lol I would say that you have been brainwashed.

True

Kek, guessing your a mutt! Ever left your state?

>bottom house
that shit is like $3k in electricity alone

stop telling numales to move to cheap, white places and ruining them. these are "men" who do not own a screwdriver. they will require an army of third world servants just to stay alive

Attached: soy-boy.jpg (376x376, 30K)

Yeah, they have the best accent in all of America. I have cousins in NW Minnesota and they're some of the funniest fuckers I've ever met. They love living up there.

basedboy COPE

Fuck you. Dont tell the communists about the Midwest. They wouldn't survive out here anyways.

Pelease to program sir

Attached: 5376533.jpg (662x592, 125K)

Apple valley is such a nice place to live too. Close to Minneapolis and St. Paul, airport, mall of America, interstates .... pretty great place to live. Essentially no crime, all nogs live north of Minneapolis.

I'm from the UK and genuinely considering moving to Poland. Do the opposite immigration.

Travelled there a few years ago and thought it was a great country. I guess not to the 'shithole' areas though

Every country as it's bad sides. Paris supposedly the city of love is fucking dog shite

What is a light switch?

Stop user, people cant read sarcasm online.

>MN
could you imagine the heating bill on thar house in the winter

Attached: ACA53418-057A-4DA3-8019-AF9967D18405.png (500x761, 223K)

Want to trade? looks comfy over there

Attached: depositphotos_50460147_m.jpg (1000x667, 511K)

>Net migration is positive for college grads,
Yeah, even for people who have a few years in the industry. However most leave within five years, so its just a cycle of fresh brains and bodies with no staying power.

how about this?

Attached: faggot.png (1555x940, 1.8M)