Does anyone else use paper wallets much? I don't really trust/can be bothered with things like trezors etc...

Does anyone else use paper wallets much? I don't really trust/can be bothered with things like trezors etc. So I like to make actual certificates like old style stock certificates and keep them in my safe. Pic related is the style I like to use. It's quite simple but gets the job done.

Attached: Cert_4.png (999x669, 126K)

based strokeposter. get a trezor you absolute imbecile boomer

>inb4 retards cleaning up the obvious qr code to find an adress with 0.0000002181 btc on it

I have some for long term holding purposes.

I keep them in a "fire proof" safe but I want to get the private keys etched into metal instead for increased fireproofing.

you can get fireproofed safes but you could also try etchging the pattern on circuit boards they are fiberglass composite and copper and can be pri ted at home you need some sulphuric acid and an uv lamp if remember correctly and some special film material for keeping the acid away in the pattern you printed with your household printer on a piece of seethrough paper.

>fire breaks out
>metal melts
>key now illegible

but this is not the way to go after all.
simplest solution is to make encrypted paper wallets mutliple copies at different locations. your own trezor and maybe your lawyer or a trezor service or at yout bank maybe you can get a box.

What kind of safe do you have?

If the fire melts steel, you have other problems.

if metal melts in a safebox you got some funny shit going on but you could always use stone or clay. hobby clay easier to work at home also and can whitstand some temperature all you have to do is paint the surface and reveal the qr code

I keep most of my cold storage on a bunch of different flash drives. The addresses themselves are encrypted with pgp. So even if someone were to get a hold of my wallets they'd never be able to get any money off of them unless they could break the encryption. I also have the key and the message printed off and laminated if for some reason my drives were to fail. I hope it never happens because it would be a fucking nightmare to type all of that in.

>not protecting yourself against spontanous industrial grade blast furnace fires in your house
it's like you WANT to have an unexpected death and take all your assets with you to the grave

seriously guys dont be retards use bip38 paper wallets strong password good random pool and have multiple copies!

I'm pretty sure I can see through those strokes on the qr code. I bet I can erase them

like i said multiple backups are the way to go at multiple sites

Year is 2019 and anons unironically discussing using stone tablets to store cryptographic codes as a viable solution.

Op here, on my phone so id might change. I have an old bank safe I picked up at an auction. Single door, about 6 foot tall, two combination locks. It claims to be be "explosion proof" as well as fireproof. Dates from the 40s I would say. I also use it for storing my guns.

Is this more secure than the 24 word seed thing my hardware wallet uses? Imagination running wild with the brute-forceability of a well-known dictionary
>t. brainlet

OP you piece of fucking shit

Attached: Screenshot_20190408-163951_01.png (1080x1849, 335K)

>Implying this isn't the retarded absolute state of Jow Forums at all times

nioce

kek btfo

LMAO ZOOMER BTFO

>If the fire melts steel, you have other problems.

literally how 9/11 happened dumbass

>be sure to drink your ovaltine
god damn you faggot wasted 15 mins

come on it did look a bit small for private keys didn't it?

>Be sure to drink your Ovaltine!
What did he mean by this?

Op come back and tell us it's empty you're triggering my autism

jej

You got bamboozled.

Attached: 1552743934460.jpg (448x446, 39K)

my cousin has had a paper wallet since 2016 and he'll never lose his money to shit trades, or the IRS, but he's never cashing it out.

Why didn't I read the comments before I wasted 20 mins of my life!!!!!!! QARRRRRGHHH FUCK YOU OP

>Be sure to drink your Ovaltine!

Attached: Untitled.png (215x219, 8K)

I stamped my ledger's recovery phrase onto a sheet of stainless steel using letter punches.

I don't want to lose all my crypto if my house burns down.

Attached: set029_main.jpg (1000x1000, 626K)

Attached: I seriously hope you guys don't scan this.png (295x295, 2K)

kek

Lmao how the fuck is that prick going to get about London now. He's fucked.
Dabbed on.

I also have a SS plate, but I used an engraving pen.Went deep on 1/4inch SS.

this is pretty stupid anyone finds it can take your btc. whereas will keep your btc from being destroyed and also secured by knowledge only you posses you would even upload an encrypted private key to a cloud service...

altho i'm not sure bip38 is in itself a suitable solution because the password needs to be strong but nobody can remember strong passwords. so i would use a password safe that runs a few ten million rounds of aes on your mnemonic password and have it secured in cloud storage on your phone and a few other places. this way someone has to physically access your private keys to scan them, find your password safe file crack it or brute force the encryption on the paper wallet. which gonna take a few million years any way he sets at it.

>eyy white boy gib me yo ledger, yo pin, and yo seeds befo I blow yo head off

wat do

Attached: 37ee5e0f40080b0b441bfbbd32d3b209.jpg (236x280, 11K)

thats just a code you have to decipher bro

I checked, the address is real and really does have 1.02 btc.

Well we'll never know

"Sorry, they're timelocked so you'll be in jail before you can transfer them."

obviously, it's trivial to make a QR code for any address with funds, and then add a fake QR code (see above) for the supposed key

Lol, readypilled
Yeah but could be legit still and OP is a sly dog. The "Be sure to drink your Ovaltine" is from that movie where the kid breaks the codes or whatever, maybe OP really did give you 1.2 btc in that pic, but only if you can figure it out... or maybe he's a redditor

Off topic but coinbase stores most of their coins in cold storage

Why use the BSV logo like that OP?

Attached: Magica.jpg (1247x973, 622K)

Could the printer handling the wallet image be compromised in any way?

Attached: 1554711946001.jpg (308x325, 36K)