/smg/ stronk manly generalissimo

gourmet lunch edition

Before you buy anything, make a brokerage account and read investopedia articles and/or the books in the OP list. If you don't have a broker, you can't buy stocks and if you blindly buy things without understanding how the stock market works or doing any research on the individual stocks you're buying, you will lose money and it will be entirely your fault.

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg (embed) (embed) (embed)

List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ (embed) (embed) (embed)

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
investing.com/indices/indices-futures

Earnings Report Calendars:
calendar.google.com/calendar/[email protected]
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

Boomer Investing 101
bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC (embed)

Last round:

Attached: 1520985392475.jpg (922x830, 354K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q2ZHhAEZbik
nasdaq.com/symbol/yvr/insider-trades
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

how do i short? seems really complex

I am become poor!

Are those fucking veggie dogs? Meh.

YVR

it never lets down

a gift that keeps on giving

Your broker's inteface should have a drop down menu or something on the trade ticket and you just click on "sell short" or whatevs.

the Dean Foods

Attached: deans4.png (679x520, 481K)

WTF

who tf is buying lyft
stop

>VSTM drops 11%
What the fuck?! I’m getting real hurt here.

>options desk from my borker calls me to approve options application
>asks me what options I plan on trading
Mostly puts and calls, maybe an iron c-condor when I feel more confident with it, after I do more research
>laughs out loud at me, barely tries to hide it
Wew I think I’m gonna m-make it!

Attached: BA472FA7-2030-48CA-A20E-A6C2BE7280E3.jpg (550x481, 31K)

Last reminder I'll give to load up on NVTA while its low.

rest in pieces CNAT
failed all their trails, also have severe safety issues
they're finished, going bankrupt and selling off their assets most likely
there is no future for them

A very important thing in biotech is to not get emotional over short term price fluctuations

is it too late to buy BAC puts?

Are we back leapbros, I'm almost not in the red anymore

I forgot to buy more Walter Disney!!!

Just funded my IRA, convince me not to leave it in cash. I can’t help but feel like it’s almost time for a pullback

>get upset I didn’t buy more .20 lower
>realize I already have 1,200 in this dumpster fire
Grow grow grow!

What’s the bull thesis here? Seems to have run VERY far very fast.

Gotten burned by biotechs pimped on smg before...

Attached: AA806F1C-6B84-4E44-B35F-C2B1AC88577A.jpg (500x750, 318K)

you guys think BAC is going to miss its Q1 earnings?

ARQL

is mooning

you didnt listen

kek

Trade while people are distracted by the Notre Dame fire

>tfw my position on DF is in the green

Attached: bagholders_no_more.png (528x321, 157K)

I’d be a fool not to DCA down, right?

Fuck I forgot my thesis here. But they don’t deserve this much pain... do they?

Attached: 67E5FB84-E33A-4B3E-94B2-1F022FC677A7.jpg (1125x895, 222K)

Fucking hope not. Got a sinking feeling it will since I'm setting on calls at 30

I just bought calls at 30.5.
We're in the same position brudda

Attached: green5.png (646x700, 166K)

Im still learning, but they have a strong genetic testing business and are working towards making their services more accessible. Only drops have been more because of market forces rather than any big news. I think it's a pretty stable purchase, definitely worth keeping tabs on at the least, in case you are interested in watching for big news.

>shilling a stock with this little information
seriously man?
Fuck me, these are the people I bounce ideas off of.

Attached: toilet0003.jpg (1920x1315, 370K)

False flag from Paris during holy week. Short the cac40

I'm not being paid to shill it retard. I'm also not being paid to do your own research. Either buy it or don't, desu. Your actions literally don't affect me unless you're trading in the tens of thousands in this stock and I highly doubt that.

You bought leap though and if you bought when I did, I doubt there was that much info either at that time in this thread and I'm still bullish on that so I don't know what you want from me lol. All I'm gonna tell you though is you should at least keep tabs on it.

Attached: 1553205131771.png (761x761, 763K)

>Trump reporting from BURNsville, MN
>I sure hope it wasn't arson :^)
planned.

Nice quacker, but let's not throw around the R-word here you fucking jerk. I'll give you some advice. Altria - Marlboro green and nicotine/thc juuls, major growth potential with Annual Dividend Yield of 5.66%.

YVR getting justed by insideres only explanation

why they doing this?

We're gonna make it, fellow DF-fren.

Attached: GREEN_AS_FUCK.jpg (730x783, 211K)

>can't invest in African Amazon
wtf is rh run by white supremacists?

Attached: google.com.jpg (250x201, 12K)

Which will come up top this year?

Attached: Screen-Shot-2017-03-18-at-8.37.15-PM.png (1744x858, 422K)

I'll give you something to jerk off too m8. I personally am only a bit in MO. I don't think the future is there in that one and you can only make a profit off of the careless for so long before they all die

Attached: 1555325725155.gif (607x609, 821K)

large mid cap and emerging Year of the Pig effect

Sold off REFR. It's just been dead weight and I want to invest in some other things. Maybe I'll rebuy on ANY news because I think it'll go up eventually, but not even that Tesla shit made it budge and if that didn't then I don't know what will apart from mass adoption.

Attached: 1542753538524.png (1334x2000, 1.16M)

New careless people are turning 18 every day, and I’m not convinced that tobaccoless nicotine isn’t a miracle drug.

The only reason I don’t use it is because I don’t want to be addicted to more drugs than I have to be. And my sip budget is already astronomical!

Excuse me, I’m going to go mow my lawn and enjoy off the charts vitamin B levels.

Attached: 3AFA27CA-B5A7-47CB-B434-F446E17DA8AF.jpg (997x622, 102K)

Ding ding ding! How did everyone do today? I'm up .07%, doesn't seem like much but my held positions sucked today. Pulled off a nice lil short daytrade, haven't daytraded in a couple weeks and it feels good to do little scalps like that.
youtube.com/watch?v=Q2ZHhAEZbik

Attached: smgafterhours.jpg (530x298, 29K)

fat half percentile green day
Shout out to dean foods and campbells hitting 40 target

Up 0.37% ($98). Based DF, PHUN, and LPTX. JUST'd by GBR.

Attached: the_musk_is_not_leaving.jpg (532x404, 44K)

Crap day. Or, i dunno, maybe it will turn out well tomorrow. I did some aggressive day trades to turn what would have been pure red in to a relatively flat day.

THREADLY REMINDER THAT DIVIDENDS ARE YOUR FREN

Notre Dame smoke indicates Paris has elected a new Imam

Attached: dividends-monopoly-man.jpg (423x245, 21K)

My large cap half of portfolio is beating out my small cap by a pretty big margin so far this year. Speculative small stuff has been really dicey.

Up .75%. Took some profit to buy acb calls, so I'm feeling pretty good about the coming weeks

Taking real pain and making no moves. I think I just have to grin and bear it right now.

Finally funded my IRA and filed my taxes. Now have to decide what to do with the damn thing.

Down 0,24% today, but morale is -6,90%. The opposite of LEVI, that I refused to buy last week.

Up over a percent today. A whole yang!

Attached: 1548629250002.gif (500x300, 1.64M)

Every month this year the yield curve has been inverted. Every time there has been an inverted yield curve a recession has happened within 7-24 months. What will you guys do with this knowledge?

Attached: macronwhat.jpg (960x954, 95K)

PCG and my LYFT put saved my ass and made back everything I lost in REPH man I’m happy

>Every month this year the yield curve has been inverted.
Name 4 months this year where the yield curve was inverted. Go ahead, I’m listening.

Buy high sell low

I've been brewing my own Homebrew to save stacks. Simple great-tasting wine. I made 6 gal for the cost of 3 L ($30). If you want the recipe I can fill you in. Only caveat is it takes 3 weeks to finish.

Buy high, SHORT low :^)

Attached: buy_high_sell_low.png (653x566, 23K)

Ill bite, but I’m more curious about brewing my own HCG and bang!

I got shit on but I think I'll bounce back

Robinhood only resolved GEs weird glitch in the stock page so it makes it look like I'm down 25 percent from Friday which is kind of gay.

Attached: 1553719629800.jpg (800x1258, 287K)

Do you not know the first 4 months of the year? January, February, March, April....

Attached: Yieldcurves2019.png (434x585, 18K)

Any juice will work. Grape juice always works better. Glass is the best taste wise and no particulates.
2 L juice room temperatue.
300 ML table sugar
1 packet bread yeast
Pour out about half of the juice. Add sugar and shake until it's mostly dissolved. Add juice until it's about four inches from the top of the container. Pitch the whole packet of yeast into the juice. Let it sit out for 24 hrs. After 24 hrs check to make sure it's bubbling. Then place either cap loosely back on the bottle, or cover it with something that allows air to escape. Some people use balloon with a hole poked in it, but I'm allergic to latex and that's kind of gross.i just place a coffee filter over it.
Place the bottle in a dark spot with some airflow, and don't disturb for 7 days.
Now pour into a second container, called racking, use a splatter screen or fine mesh strainer to catch the lees.
From the second container, let sit for two weeks again in darkness, covered. Strain a second time. It's should be mostly clear at that point and decent strength. You can add sugar at any point to add alcohol, but sometimes yeast can be finicky. A lot of resources exist for brewing this. It's called Hooch.
You can increase the recipe/use frozen cans of juice to increase production and reduce cost.
Juices I have fermented: grape, Apple, cherry, mango, peach, guava, kilju, lemonade, limeade, strawberry, blueberry-blackberry-acai, other combination berry, cranberry. I like guava and grape the best. Tastes cleaner than wine and the more you rack it the better it flavors. You can get alcohol content pretty high, but too much sugar inhibits fermentation, so you have to be careful and not add more at the beginning over what's in the recipe. There's a lot of sugar in grape juice already.

I thought it only inverted recently, and then reverted, but it is still relatively flat.

My bad bros. Yield is still higher on 30yr bonds, but it still looks like it's making its way to invert. Recession delayed.

Attached: centaur bestfriend.jpg (979x700, 104K)

today was a doji
pullback to kijun (red line) is about to start, imo

Attached: qqq.png (1005x557, 74K)

damn making that with guava or strawberry juice sounds sublime. Screenshotted and saved for later my man

Attached: glugluglug.jpg (716x1060, 148K)

>tries to lecture everyone
>makes false claims
>acknowledges mistake
You ended up being pretty based this time, but let’s not make a habit of posting false claims.

In related news, futures are ultraviolet. Prepare your frog spreads and bronze elephants accordingly.

>shilling it after it took off

come on bro

If you think this is anywhere close to the take off point then you're a brainlet

How much do I need to invest to get a gf

Attached: ryan-gosling-blade-runner-2049.jpg (970x545, 50K)

nasdaq.com/symbol/yvr/insider-trades

doesnt state insiders selling

yet its being dumped hard

what do?

This picture never gets old, Jaysus.

Attached: 1528390427466.gif (260x260, 2.01M)

How are there only 67 posts from noon to now? Is /smg/ dieing? I remember when we would totally die right after 4pm and then not start up until around market open. This is clearly better than that but, damn. I made this thread 9 (nine) hours ago and we're still on it. Not even close to 100 replies yet. If we don't hit at least 80 replies by the time I wake up, I'll take a shot of whiskey as a tribute to the god of degenerate gambling (whoever that is).

Yeah it's incredibly slow today. Bet everyone's browsing stuff about the Notre Dame fire and politics

You guys know there’s another smg thread, right?

oh damn I didn't see it all day. Just like what this guy said, what moron made a second thread and didn't link it?

wtf? Why didn't he post a link on the old thread? WHY DOES HIS HAVE MORE REPLIES THAN MINE WHEN HE DIDN'T POST LINK ON OLD THREAD REEEEEEEEEEEEE

your thread being started a half hour later than his might have something to do with it