Who else play chess around here?

Most based game
Never gets boring and keeps you sharp

Attached: 46367265_303.jpg (700x394, 36K)

Yeah chess is really good for your brain, unfortunately i suck at it

>he only plays 2D chess

I play 4D chess in my sleep

There are a ton of research about this bullshit already.

>Playing chess makes you good at chess
>Playing crossword puzzles makes you good at crossword puzzles

It doesn't help you in real life, it doesn't raise your IQ. Stop believing in the lies that other people tell you.

I play errday. Only 1200-1300 on lichess. Truly never gets old.

I browse r/theDonald reguarly so it's like being the grand chesswizmaster

...or a Grand Dragon.

More like a Dragon Deez

It gets boring pretty quickly when you have to learn 10 different variations of each opening by heart to stand a chance in tournaments

Im good at sudoku does that count?

I don't know that I'll ever be a Grandmaster, but I genuinely enjoy the game.

Fuck chess it's all about Go nigga

Yes. Yes I do. My hat is off to you fellow chess nobleman.

Just discovered that lichess.org is has anonymous games without registration too which is awesome (no rating = takes stess/competition out of it a bit, let's face it, chess is a brutal sport and always also a bit of work). And the people I get matched to don't even suck all that much, but obviously it depends on your skill level.

My tactics training level on chess.com improved by 200 points after I stopped binge drinking on weekends for a month.

me too, (almost) everyday on lichess, great app. Only 1150/1200 lvl i'm not so smart

Attached: poly10a-2.png (640x400, 85K)

How do you get good at suicide?

Not claiming such things
I'd say it builds the capacity to concentrate more deeply and to strategize

practice on your friends

Hats off to you aswell

d4

Lichess > Chess.com

There's nothing to gain learning chess.

d5

Except for the ability to connect with smart and rich people just by playing together

d6

From your mom's basement? I think not.

I go to sleep listening to Finegold harrass children

I play some lichess, but eventually get bored and switch to really bad chess

Play blitz, having a time constraint is actually lots of fun

Not my situation

Attached: 1551948572274.jpg (474x515, 109K)

That PURE RAW FEELING of breaking through and abusing your MOMENTUM in this fucking game, dude. When you win a frontal fight, and then you send harass, and then more harass. You're pushing and he hasn't even cleaned up your harass yet! He's TOO FUCKING SLOW. He physically cannot process information as fast as you can, and your fingers are better than his. You've put him in a position where even his bullshit unit stats can't keep him in the game with you, and you ARE CHECKMATING HIM. You spread your units on his side of the map. Everywhere is chaos.

All the garbage balance decisions don't help him. He was too fucking slow to stay alive. BLOW ME. You type. SPEED UP . You split off more harass.

RTS is a motherfucker of a genre. It's what men from Mumbai to Nuremberg had in their heads while playing chess before electricity. We are living in the future with this shit and we play the fucking free-based crack of games. BRUTAL VIOLENCE and SPEED.

Absolutely based, couldn't express this better myself

It doesn't raise your IQ but it definitely helps offset IQ loss in old age. You should unironically be popping fish oil pills like candy and playing as much sudoku and chess as possible once you're 50+ if you want to have most of your marbles around 65+

me and i systematically beat everyone on biz when playing on lichess