ETH flippening

What are the arguments for and against ETH flippening BTC and reaching $10k at some point?

Attached: ETH.png (362x444, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

coindesk.com/ey-nightfall-ethereum-enterprise-public-blockchain
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

deflationary POS >> Chink asic POW

POS

For: Proof of Stake
Against: It's in reality a vaporware Piece of Shit

For: PoS > PoW, does everything BTC is meant to do but better even if it's not trying to do so (faster transaction time, more TPS, etc), more use cases, smart contracts, more concise development

Cons: Premined, even though has better dev time than BTC still very slow, another platform coin that outperforms ETH appears and gains mass trust before ETH gets true scaling solutions off the ground

Something like 2 million eth are tied up in maker CDPs. A16Z just bought a fuckton of maker. I think if maker doesnt get complacent and more people get into POS and CDPs, it will be on like donkey kong.

doesnt scale
b.s tech

IS IT HAPPENING BOYS!!!???

I BOUGHT THIS DURING THE GREAT DUMP OF 2018.

ARE WE GOING TO MAKE IT??

For the flippening
>ETH is used to fund ICOs and is really good for crowdfunding
>ETH has lower transaction fees than BTC, so people are more likely to actually use it
>ETH is getting tied up because of MakerDAO
>ETH has faster transaction speeds
>ETH is more salable
>PoS could cause some hype

Against the flippening
>BTC has a first mover advantage
>BTC isn't going to get any bad press from smart contract bugs
>If you're talking about a price flippening rather than a market cap flippening, then the fact that ETH has no fixed supply is a strong argument against the flippening

Attached: 1490505077518.jpg (320x387, 23K)

ETH has no fixed supply and a weak, undefined economic future. there's no guarantee it won't be deflated, unlike the protocol-guarantee that 21 million btc is all there is.

How will the miners get paid after the last BTC is mined? They have to solely rely on tx fees?

Bitcoin>Digital Gold
ETH>Decentralized computer (?)
Too hard to explain to boomers.

Thats like 40 years away

Boomers will all be dead or incapacitated in 20 years

120 years away actually

It has vested interest in controlling future inflation from stakeholders.
eth also has utility, scaling and, importantly for boomers with money, a way to make money by having money.

is premined that bad? this is why wright was against POS

that money's going to flow into the hands of normies eventually

user at this point eth got all industry backing and trust and nothing short of black swan event can change that

coindesk.com/ey-nightfall-ethereum-enterprise-public-blockchain

It's a good thing. Inflation make the currency running. In deflationary model there's no reason to spend your money.

Imagine not holding eth. Seriously would have to be brainless. It’s one of the only few that actually stand a chance. Solid article, unironically market buying more.

Cp man can print always more coins.

Efirium is a scam

A centralised shitcoin

A platform for fraud

Nobody is going to use the public blpckchain - why -because efirium coins are not needed at all

Nice reddit spacing faggot. Read the article that the guy linked 3 posts above. Your post didn’t age too well lmfao

I'm pro ETH desu I was just trying to think of reasons why it would fail/not flip BTC.

unlimited amount
ETH is used as ICO funding mechanism, buy to sell
PoS that will destroy the little value created by miners
there are literary 50 competitors for the smart contract thing

yikes

Ofc it can fail only brainlet can say something cant fail

But only low iq pleb believes in eth killers same as 'better btc than btc' narative of payment coins something as this retard above me

Develooment is not slow at all user we are just impatient moonboys

They literally brake and fix things on the go how fast we moving, competitors are joke claiming silly shit noone in opensorce space cant yet achive.
And when one can everyone will.. But winner is one allready adopted by industry.

So place your bets on ETH boys

How is eth vaporware? It functions right now.

Spotted the brainlet. You’re fucking thick if you actually think this. Here’s the article in case you missed it coindesk.com/ey-nightfall-ethereum-enterprise-public-blockchain now btfo and get buttfucked with your shitcoins

brainlet, thick, buttfucked, the news, shitcoins
not a single argument
did I touch you where it hurts ?

I’ll leave this here.
>mining rewards reduced by 30% a month ago
>PoS making legit progress (no this isnt a meme) it literally is
>Vitalik said he is surprised how fast development is going and if were to have guessed in 2017, he would not have thought how far development on sharding would have come
>MakerDAO just announced an s&p 500 synthetic peg similar to DAI (meaning the entire stock market will be tradeable on eth in a decentralised way very soon) - you can literally already trade an s&p 500 index on eth
>plasma and offchain shit also making very good progress
>WASM coming soon meaning you can create smart contracts in rust, c++ etc.

shoo shoo pajeet

BTC will be 100k when ETH is 10k

no arguments

reward was reduced to prevent price crash
PoS will do the crash
Vitalik - have you see the rap video
partnerships - that what scams say
the future - yeah right believe cultist

How will having a ton of ETH locked up in staking = price crash lol

ETH codebase is a total and complete clusterfuck. ETH governance is even worse. ETH valuation was driven sky high by the ICO craze - that is OVER FOREVER. ETH has a bug and hack riddled past because the codebase is a clusterfuck and solidity is a poorly designed language and the devs do not have a handle on either. Solidity language design -- not accounting for overflow -- results in major hack -- jesus fuck this is amateur hour. - there is no excuse for not accounting for overflow and that just shows that this show is being run by a clueless group of hacks. Attempts at minor patches nearly break the entire fucking ecosystem because... the codebase & solidity are clusterfucks and the devs do not have a handle on either. ETH DOES NOT SCALE -- THIS WAS A DESIGN DECISION. That design decision now cripples the entire ecosystem -- oops. To fix it they want to implement POW. POW for ETH is years away because... say it with me... the codebase and solidity are clusterfucks and the devs do not have a handle on either. Sharding is a hysterical delusion for ETH at this point because... say it with me... the codebase and solidity are poorly designed and implemented clusterfucks and the devs do not have a handle on either and they do not have a clear path to clear up all that technical debt... because they don't have a handle on the situation.

Attached: TommyLeeJonesNoCountry.jpg (1280x850, 725K)

you hodl while I sodl
death spiral
inflation out of thin air
just like all staking coins it will go pretty close to zero

To be fair, 10k ETH is ~60x from here, while 100k BTC is only ~20x...

Sounds like there is a lot of room for improvement

Im longing Eth on Mex, low lev 2btc worth

It won't. It was premined, a few people holding almost 50% and with staking decentralisation will be completely gone.

you can't reconcile any kind of "flippening" either you accept that bitcoin is dominant for non-technical reasons, which also means ethereum will stay dominant for the same reasons, or you expect something to take over from bitcoin in which ethereum will get replaced exponentially quicker itself too.

Eth isn't even the best platform out right now. If it doesn't fix its issues soon it'll drop spots.

The flippening was a meme

ETH is a uselss ponzi shitcoin with a market cap of 17 BILLION $, anybody who thinks this is going to increase is unironically retarded.

Also
>no fixed supply

the massive premine on ico coins like eth just means that none of them ever have a chance at being treated as money, and given how the only top coin that hasn't had a premine is litecoin, and how miserably it's failed at being money against bitcoin, there's no chance we see a decentralized cryptocurrency come close to challenging bitcoin at being money.

Sounds exacly like windows in 90s to me

Got adopted first, code is shit etc..

Tnx just market bought 32 more!

ramblings of somebody that doesn't actually understand ethereum's code or design itself. make no mistake, ethereum is not flipping bitcoin, but nothing is coming after ethereum in the platform space, it's already dismantled competitors like tezos/cardano/eos/neo

next financial crisis will trigger a run on value

ok you really are retarded

ERC20 tokens like Cereneum have more TPS and cost less to send than Bitcoin. What is even the point of bitcoin anymore? You can write a smart contract that is Bitcoin on Ethereum and it would literally be faster and cheaper to transact.

Lol this. I love seeing comments from people spewing shit about
>muh ico scam coin
>muh premine
Those days are long gone. We’ll see you non believers in 2022.

First mover advantage and community trust.

Nothing will replace BTC

Because nobody is going to build on that pajeet tier shitcoin. Do you not realize this? Fucking hell. Btw tired of seeing you invading every thread shilling that trash.

BTC is going to be a top coin for the rest of its lifetime unless it becomes severely compromised, if BTC was to be flipped it'll still be a top 5 coin forever and it'll only be flipped by something that is more versatile than a simple payment system

The unironic argument is that if you are not in the next ETH (SNTVT) then you are not going to make it.

The next ETH will be something new, not just another smart contract platform.

Attached: SSS.png (860x876, 143K)

Eth's inflation. Supply and demand is why Ether will never be worth more per coin than BTC.

This is probably the most idiotic statement I’ve ever seen on this board.

double digit shitcoin

NEOtried to kill Ethereum
But they failed as they were smite to the ground
EOStried to kill Ethereum
But they failed as they were stricken down to the ground
Cardano tried to kill Ethereum
Ha ha ha ha ha
They failed, as they were thrown to the ground

BASED user rekt c/p fuder

buy deribit options instead

EOY ETH HOLDERS ON SUICIDE WATCH.
SCREENCAP THIS.

Yeah, but there is no Next ETH currently available.

They're all minor clones with incremental improvements, scams or vaporware.

EoY 2019 is when the really exciting PoS improvements start taking place you moron.

serious question: will etherium under POS be able to scale more or less like visa and to handle D-apps, or will it need other implementations? Cause blockchain seems a meme, all the nodes must validate the transaction, what a fuck, aren't better other approaches?

Holochain is flippining Ethereum

Learn to English
Learn to write Ethereum
Google our questions and gtfo

Seriously lol. Both are retarded arguments these nufriends think ethereum foundation could get money out of thin air for development.

What makes me bullish on ethereum is that on biz itself we have two classes of people - those that diligently invest in ETH even in a bear market securing their staking amounts and those who follow hype coins trying to guess the next 1000x project. Men with a plan and brainlets basically, makes me bullish af on Ethereum

Eth will never widespread dapps adoption, it will be slow even with POS for normalfagse to host dapps on it

Ethereum has literally all the developer mind share. Even the developers working on other platforms think about ETH and criticize it. ETH lives rent free in everyone’s head, only the savvy investor knows this. Any platform working to dethrone ETH is only working to make ETH stronger by essentially giving constructive criticism.

BASED

Attached: 1554827508784.png (946x532, 478K)