Job review today

>Job review today
>get rated average on every metric
>generic comments on everything
>measly 3% yearly raise
>boss clearly has no idea what I'm doing, thinks I'm just jacking off

I already got another offer for another job. This place is going to fall apart within weeks of me leaving. I was going to feel guilty, but not anymore.

Still, what can I do next time that will force the boss to recognize what I'm doing & compensate accordingly?

Attached: 1554566382610.png (644x942, 51K)

Ask for better pay than the current job. I'd they don't give it you then give them your 2 weeks notice.

play office politics

act and talk like you're busy all the time while barely doing any work

they wont assign more work to you since you are doing such a good job pretending to be busy

when you do finish your work on time theyll give you a raise

>Get rated average on every metric

They do that to discourage you from asking for a raise. Next time, make yourself indispensible, make sure your boss knows it and then get your raises.

this

Adjusted for "official inflation" you got a ~ .5 - .75% raise, adjusted for real inflation in most medium to large cities you are making less than the year before.

I always tell people 4% in this economy is only acceptable if your total comp is tied up in bonuses and rsu's that are being realized within the next fiscal year.

If not, it means run. You WILL make 15-30% more anywhere else, the market is super fucking hot for god damn Target and Walmart, its even hotter for any slightly more meaningful position.

100% of the time this will backfire horribly

well, this thread is interesting to my.

my coworker got a pay rise by showing a job offer that had a much higher pay, and he got like 50% rise. he's a good guy, and our bosses know his worth, so he rightfully got a rise.

thing is, this whole place seems to be falling apart. people are leaving the area I work for, other people have been fired, there have been many retarded technical problems lately, bosses are absolutely retarded, and so on.

I myself have only been at this company for like 8 months, but I want to take advantage of this. however, I currently don't have any job offers.I work as a specialized computer technician (noy saying what), and I could easily get a job elsewhere. my bosses know that very well...

any ideas on what could I use as an argument to get a pay rise?

Nothing, just jump ship. Their compensation is just a representation of how they perceive your value as an employee. Unless you are specialized they will just keep you long enough for you to train your replacement, someone who was suckered into a shit salary like you were before.

Attached: 1509926860410.png (540x406, 348K)

>what can I use as an argument
>has marketable skills in high demand by other companies
you wot?
are you retarded or something?

Don't go to the table empty handed. Write a few interest letters and get a strong offer, then come back to the negotiation table.

Just know, once you start to negotiate you have no choice but to leave if they don't give the raise, if you chose to stay they'll just look to hire someone new without taking a loss by being a worker down, then get rid of you once you train the new guy.

this, especially for 4channeler autists. best to keep your head in your work and smile and be nice and not engage in social interactions. it's the safest route desu

It’s actually discouraged to do this as it puts a target on your back from management. They see you as a risk and will plan on letting you go after getting everything sorted out.

I mean, that's the reason they hired me in the first place, but the whole point is that, while I qualify for that description, I don't have anything concrete.

yeah, my coworker stayed because we are in a much better position in this company than elsewhere, in some ways at least. we'd be overworked and in hell. we have a lot of free time at this company...

yup, that's what I fear. it would leave a negative mark on me. guess I'll be asking for a pay rise in some months... or once we get recognized by more people for our work.

thanks, Jow Forums

This rarely works. As soon as they get someone in to do your work at a cheaper price they'll remember when you strong armed them. Take the new job OP. If you aren't being valued at your current company you're doing yourself a disservice to stay.

workin hard or hardly workin? heh heh
but yeah we're gonna need you to come in this weekend wojak

Attached: 1534828781975.png (1000x800, 44K)

>make yourself indispensible
Done this
>make sure your boss knows it
This is where the autist struggles

I suspect this behavior has something to do with it

This feels unnatural af, but make sure every succes you achieved is shown within your team (also always hide every failure or blame something else kek).

Make sure to regular sit with your employer and talk with him your day-to-day job. Let him feel your important for the company.

Make yourself look like you really care about the shitty company (and not just for the money).

1 week for the review send him a recap of last year.

I annoy colleagues like fuck with above behaviour but I'm pretty sure I earn around 30% more then people with the same function in my team.

Attached: 1555190985751.jpg (496x330, 53K)

Don't give them an ultimatum that unless they give a raise you'll leave. Trust me I used to be a recruiter. They'll probably replace you after you decide you want to stay, assuming they give you the raise.

I'd probably just leave, unless you like your employer (it sounds like you don't). When you leave explain your frustration without causing drama, be honest and respectful. Show integrity.

If you want to make your employer work out that's another post entirely. But it sounds like it's not the best situation. You can cam correct me if I'm wrong.

OP THIS!!!

also talk shit about other co workers out loud, point of the weak links and time wasting bullshitters.

Thanks bro.

The company is really interesting, as is the work. I don't think the new position will be as interesting.

The issue is the boss is either ignorant and/or greedy. Fucking up my compensation isn't the only issue, there are a number of ways the company is falling apart due to the bosses negligence.

Too bad you're too much of a pathetic doormat bitch to even be acknowledged by your own boss.

And don't you worry, your boss has already put in his world at your prospective new jobby. Hint, you AIN'T GETTING THE POSITION! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHA!!!

Attached: IMG_20150111_222511.jpg (2432x4320, 1.44M)