/smg/ - Stock Market General

Time to start buying and shilling LCI again edition

Before you buy anything, make a brokerage account and read investopedia articles and/or the books in the OP list. If you don't have a broker, you can't buy stocks and if you blindly buy things without understanding how the stock market works or doing any research on the individual stocks you're buying, you will lose money and it will be entirely your fault.

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg

List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
investing.com/indices/indices-futures

Earnings Report Calendars:
calendar.google.com/calendar/[email protected]
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

Boomer Investing 101
bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

List of hedge fund holdings:
fintel.io/

previous thread:

Attached: 1513991868716.jpg (749x1069, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PThb3YXHRK8
kccllc.net/ecd/document/1243166190404000000000001
priceactionlab.com/Blog/2015/11/technical-analysis-wealth-redistribution/
stockthread.000webhostapp.com/phpBB3/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

MAXIMUM BULL

Attached: 8004f22d8161b71fcaf0a.jpg (850x478, 566K)

try having sex

The time for the Chinese ADRs has finally come

Attached: 03 - 2WwPmrL.jpg (900x1271, 165K)

Fuck tripfags, fuck pennystocks, fuck shills. And fuck threads that dont have anime or manga in the first post.

>copyright McDonald’s Japan
For real?
Makes my proud that I own a share. Makes me think I should buy more.

So basically everything but the /a/ content?

Attached: 02 - OQrsm78.png (918x1297, 914K)

this market can go up and up and up forever but the minute i buy a call it will shit its fucking pants

Attached: 1541572955365.png (572x380, 231K)

When I get my IQ money is the next move still LCI?

Attached: 07 - YrZ48Q3.jpg (900x1273, 622K)

BREAKING NEWS USD CRASHING
youtube.com/watch?v=PThb3YXHRK8

N-nuuuuuuuu!!!

GANTZ says: LPTX!

Attached: BB70EBDE-C5CC-46D5-B3A7-F47735B3E74E.jpg (698x400, 21K)

Buy $PG calls. This is your only chance to get in on the ride.

The slow and steady dividend aristocrat value company?

Why are you saying this? Seems pretty random. Article about high call volume was posted after today’s close. Another says an earnings beat is unlikely.

>Long on malls during retail apocalypse
Keep on moving, no one wants your bags.

NO! intel to the moon!
kccllc.net/ecd/document/1243166190404000000000001

mobile phone market is saturated,
look at apples falling sales in china... or wait they stopped disclosing phone sales LOL, why would anyone even want to deal with apple

and 5G was always a pipedream
>hey lets spend billions on new infrastructure for a expensive technology that literally cant penetrate thin house walls and is hugely inefficient and possibly a health liability
>this is a great idea on a market that is essentially a natural monopoly
im looking at you T and VZ

>Ichimoku, Mulitple MA
>RSI vs CCI vs DSS
>MACD
>"price action"

I feel like I'm fucking dead after reading this piece priceactionlab.com/Blog/2015/11/technical-analysis-wealth-redistribution/

The parts about technical analysis being mostly BS are fine, the parts about 'the largest non-violent wealth-redistribution in the history of mankind' are made up bullshit.
This guy is just doing the same thing as the million TA blogs trying to make a quick buck from getting people to subscribe.

Nothing at all special here, just some brain-dead obvious stuff and some overblown claims. Low price of $60/year for more of the same.

Attached: zzzz.png (640x958, 237K)

>The parts about technical analysis being mostly BS are fine
So what works? Due diligence/event-driven? Average costing and hodl for longer term?

pay attention to what people are saying but don't believe it

99% of all the things you read on investing/trading blogs are there because the person writing it can talk finance jargon but can't generate real gains. If they could, they wouldn't be demanding a monthly fee to give you advice in the form of crap articles

if you can't figure out a way to beat indices on your own, there is no amount of investment-related blog articles that will help you. either fight and learn and win the prize, or give up and invest boomer-style

Attached: 468432.jpg (1008x672, 149K)

Umm guys, is gold going to be okay?
... he looks kinda sick

Ya'll ever ponder if the markets will crash in like 5 years time. The more money I put into this gambling house the more I worry.

me on the left

whats the plan today, /smg/?

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-04-17 07-41-20.png (1021x547, 679K)

Made some profit on PRPO, may buy back in if it goes below what I sold.

Buy the intel dip, short gold if it pumps.

YVR

But Intel is up 4% premarket.

> Qualcomm and Apple settle their dispute and lawsuits
> QCOM moons like a motherfucker

Meanwhile at Intel:
> announces that they're dropping out of the highly lucrative 5G modem due to this
> up 4% in the futures

Shouldn't they be down? Sure, the modems strained their capability to produce 14nm chips, but those were money makers, otherwise they wouldn't have priority. I don't get it.

Attached: I'm retarded.gif (240x180, 2M)

Yeah but there are retards that will sell because they gave up on 5G mobile and lost apple as a buyer
intel is making a significant new ATH soon and have some interesting tech on the way, see

>lucrative 5G modem
didn't you hear the ceo say that 5G isn't profitable?

> have some interesting tech on the way

Like what? Their 10nm process is a meme and it remains to be seen if their strategy to counter AMD with a new chip stacking architecture is going to work out. Even with Jim Keller at the helmet, I wonder how they're going to solve the issue of heat pockets.

Pump and Dump. Buy AMD or you’ll be left behind when it makes its next moon mission.

Jokes on you, I already have AMD stock. Shit is looking good with Zen2 and Rome coming later this year, while it was officially confirmed yesterday that AMD provides CPU/GPU for the PS5. Xbox Scorpio is likely to follow suit.

>PS5. Xbox Scorpio
But why?

Attached: 1554424351075.jpg (600x591, 71K)

Scorpio is the codename, similiar to e.g. the Wii was called Dolphin.

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE

ROBINHOOD IS A SCAM

INVEST ACCORDINGLY

Don't worry, the market will crash much sooner than that.

You kids realize that all of the normies will look at the market and make the following normie conclusion:

>Oh look, Norman! The stock market has returned. Therefore it is safe to invest again.
>Piles normie money back in
>Profit

>blue chips mooning daily
>5g surging

>it will crash any day now

Attached: 1555344715231.png (910x698, 17K)

you are the normie and trump will punish you for not believing in America

This morning
>ADMA patent secured
>LYFT initiated by Susquehanna as neutral
>Schall law firm class action against LYFT(no shocker here)
>BAC upgrade ACB,CGC as buy
>BAC downgrade CRON underperform
>Healthcare sector still diving on Bernie sander FUD
GL all today and may you be blessed with salad gains

Attached: F026B841-2FA3-48DD-B090-9A3AB961213D.jpg (372x521, 37K)

Nigger, I voted for Big Daddy T. The wall just became 10 feet taller because of your bullshit.

QQQ ATH

Attached: 1554431393308.jpg (1200x863, 124K)

good. braise be to trump. now go be a bull. maybe get biotech cheapies

I just started on this and would like to understand one thing.

I'm playing the Investopedia game.
Why is it that whenever the market opens in the morning, my gains are the highest? Something like 20% easily. What dictates this and is it a common behaviour?

Does it mean I should always hold, or at least sell shortly after this time period? (well, not always but you get my reasoning)

> QCOM still mooning

Attached: mother of god.jpg (640x352, 29K)

QCOM won't stop mooning! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: 1555441271955.jpg (540x568, 85K)

The run up/sell off occurs every morning. It's a combination of stupid money entering right at the opening bell and big, automated transactions from institutions buying in. Most smart money waits for the run up in the first hour of trading to sell. Just write a high limit and see if it exits.

what the fuck had my chance to buy the UXIN dip yesterday.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 199K)

Nice, thanks mate.

QQQ at ATH

If you want to make a good buy in, then wait to enter after lunchtime eastern time. The markets typically calm the fuck down and one can see the actual development of the day's price trajectory.

Yeah, I kinda noticed that since starting 3 days ago. Gonna try to stick to a $1-5k account and grow that.

If I can repeat it multiple times and after I get a solid understanding on this whole thing, I'll consider investing my own money.

time to buy SQQQ

would love to see bernie sanders die of a heart attack

Biotechs are continuing to drag me into the toilet so that's fun

Price movement is parabolic in the up or down direction depending on investors' sentiments. It will travel like this daily from 9:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. EST. The prices then trickle down and the more stable trend emerges after lunch. Most positions incur paper losses when taking a position. Remember to be patient and only realize a profitable position. Try not to panic. The stock market is a tool for taking money from the impatient and giving it to the more patient.

what the fuck is happening to EA
massive sell off the last 3 days

Sure, I understand. Not in a rush to do anything crazy.
This is just a side gig for me, as I work as a developer and I spend my day with my laptop anyway.

Appreciate the advice!

Wow holy shit I'm down -6.07 percent already for the week and I just keep going down more

I thought the crash was over so I loaded up on biotechs yet here I am. Fucking Bernie Sanders suck my cock you old jew

I'm definitely regretting going heavy into biotech just before election time. Probably should've foreseen that the whole sector was going to take a beating. Oh well, file it away for future reference.

Apex legends is turning out to be a flop

>Beginner day trader
>Start trading stuff I see here
>Win 5 bucks with plug monday
>lose 22 bucks on PRPO yesterday
>almost abandoning this shit
>Make 80 dollars on Yriv in less than half an hour

wtf is this clown world called stock market?

Here comes the FUD (do do do do)...
Here comes the FUD, and I say...
It's all Kikes... (do do do do di do do do do)

I'm not sure if I want to take my losses now or if I should just hold on until the market stops being so fickle. I'm in fuckin' freefall right now though. Already down 3.5 percent from yesterday

stockthread.000webhostapp.com/phpBB3/
guys see this no bullshit

Green as fuck futures and opening going straight into red 30mins later. Something definitely smells fishy.

>dont have a minimum of 2 yangs in YVR

What are you even doing?

t. doesn't understand profit taking

I don’t say this often, but BTFD.

So... how did it go with AMD? you should really check out the link i gave you in my first post, intel is about to, 2 month tops, reveal tech that is 4x better than anything on the market....
they stole it from EDA but who cares lol

Yeah at this point I'm locked in. Just gonna ride it out. None of the bad news is specific to anything I'm holding so I'm not as worried as I would be otherwise. When everything goes down nothing goes down.

My hands are iron
But my soul is assraped

XBI in free fall. It must be too late to grab some LABD, right?

Ath seems to have been broken without much volality. I'll give this shit show a week or so to continue to rise before I enter back in.

Who is eyeballing TSM puts?? I hate playing the earnings game but they are at a high with no catalyst.

RH FUCKING PAJEET NIGGERS JEWD ME IM SUING

I SOLD AT 3.20 IT EXECUTED NE AT 3. ITS NOT TRADING AT ANYWHERE CLOSE TO 3

whats the ticker?

ment for

Yvr

you must've sold with a market order when the bids weren't there.. bids are only at 3.10 then 3.06 then 2.91

It'a trading at 3.14 right now
Why can I buy at 3.16 right now but not sell at 3.16? Hello?

FRIENDLY REMINDER THAT YOUR OWN GREED IS THE BIGGEST THING THAT FUCKS UP YOUR PROFITS.

IF YOUR HOLDING IS MOONING RIGHT NOW THEN YOU REALLY NEED TO FUCKING SELL IT, YOU DUMB ASS SPERG. IT'S GOING TO REVERSE ON YOU VERY SHORTLY!

you wanted a limit order, not a market order

Bought the SPY when red
Hope EOD I won't be dead

Attached: 1555467542803.jpg (905x881, 266K)

because the bid isn't there.. someone has to buy it at that price if you want to sell it at that price..

FUCK POOS
FUCK JANNIES
FUCK BERNIE
IM OFF THIS TRAIN

>this thread

egas

Attached: 1523298915348.png (866x900, 95K)

Big green candles on high volumes followed by non stop red candles on low volumes. What the heck is going on I'm confused as fuck.

So what do I do now that I'm out of day trades? Invest on something big and leave it there till monday?

here user i drew you a picture to help you understand

Attached: goddamn pajeets.png (582x1072, 40K)

Bless you user

Why the fuck didn’t I listen to that user who called the Bernie Sanders FUD I was balls deep in the healthcare sector man...

Attached: 4454BFE1-6A84-4863-9A5A-DF4EE05F3F1D.gif (500x283, 1.54M)

DELT THIS FUVKIBG
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Patience is a virtue. Wait in cash until the perfect opportunity presents itself again. Don't just enter for the sake of entering just because your cash is idle.

lol

Attached: 1549052694040.png (224x221, 117K)

Fugging gold!!

What platforms do you guys use? I've been using TD but the 7 dollars per trade only makes it really worth it for large or long trades.

aight, guess I'll take my $65 profit of this week and wait until next week, I have 0 knoweldge on swing trades anyways, it will be risky to try without researching. Also I'm getting paid next week so I'm going to double my account's cash (started this week with 250 I had sitting in my account).

Hope someday I reach the 25k so I can day trade every time I see an opportunity.

robinhood if you want to get jewed on market orders like pajeet above

You have to remember that the stock market is literally all of the world's money fluctuating up and down every single day. There will always be opportunities to make lots of money everywhere every day. It is more prudent to fight the Jews wisely with well thought out EXITS and entries instead of rushing bare-ass first into their whirling den of razorblade covered dildos that is the intraday trade.