How do you get a comfy office job?

Wagies aware me. I don't need a lot of money, I mainly want security and stability. I was thinking of finishing up school and going for an Accounting degree. Is automation for this field a meme or real shit? I don't really want to do public accounting after graduating either. I figured an accounting degree would give the most opportunities compared to all other non-STEM degrees, of which i'm too much of a brainlet to do. And if anyone of you work for for the government in a relatively comfy position, please tell me about that too. Thanks.

Attached: wage1524425233591.png (1125x633, 243K)

You aren’t too much of a brainlet for stem you just don’t want to do the required 50-60 hours a week of work to do well

Sergey here, if you want to be comfy juts invest in LINK

Maybe so, but I'm pretty sure my mind isn't inclined towards that type of work/schooling. I don't mean to sound so self defeating and I know people are capable more than what they think they are, but surely there are other viable paths to the type of job I want? Other than accounting, I was thinking of IT too. Study certs or maybe an associates at a community college for internships. Try to get a help desk job and work my way up. I was also thinking of the trades but I would prefer an office job. Shit, just a NEET looking for thoughts and guidance right now, I guess.

Attached: 1555353007849.jpg (864x1080, 437K)

>looking for thoughts and guidance right now
you're in the wrong shithole

could do some entry level IT certifications but last I checked, 1st line IT support pays less than the mailman

>accounting
I know a person who is trying to break out of the field. Automation chewed up most of the mid-level positions hard. Now you have large low end with a lot of unpleasant gruntwork, a high end that was hard to break into in the first place, and a no-man's land in between. Still probably a better option than being another bozo with a CS degree in a market flooded with them.

Attached: 1420177771641.gif (500x334, 982K)

I make mid 70's working from home for one of the most well known companies in the world. I do Security Research, it is something I could teach a fucking illegal outside of Home Depot to do in a day. One of the perks I get to fuckin browse shitholes like this all day and technically get paid for it. I make a click on my work laptop, as i wait for something to load, I get to look and my pc and the shit I browse.

I feel very lucky. Been doing it a few years now and other than the isolation of working from home full time, the perks of that make it hard to wanna head into an office which I used for the same company for a few years as well when on another team.

To top it off, I am a high school drop out. Now I am not a kid so it makes me feel lucky I have been able to attain positions when I know there are literally thousands of dudes with degrees that would be happy doin what I do. But I got it and no debt so hell anything is possible OP.

Plus, pants are optional daily obviously.

Thanks, I'll take both of what you guys said into consideration.

VCE exam dumps if you want an easy route but you'll just be memorizing answers for the exams and not learning how to do the job.

Do some intertube research using terms like "careers that require no college". I remember coming across some pretty odd but seemingly interesting white-collar jobs like insurance investigator.

Attached: faderfox-dj44-743692.jpg (1024x683, 164K)

Holy shit, sounds like a dream. Thanks for posting about this. Could you expand on how you got into it or point me in the right direction? Currently googling and researching it right now but would love to hear your thoughts and experience. I'm reading an article from someone who does Security Research and he says the most important skill is googling. How accurate is that?

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll do that.

Is this for getting good at passing IT exams/certifications? Thanks for bringing it up.

yup, its why the market is so saturated with pajeets and why the average salary for tech support jobs have almost halved here in london.. I've given up, so long as my crypto moons I'm going to NEET

I put me resume in with one of the vendor companies that this company uses to staff literally 60+% of their workforce. They use a lot of vendor companies. I would suggest that route. If you have any in your area. Now, I am not talkin temp jobs here to be clear. One of my buddies is with Tata(he is a white dude to be clear) and he has been in his role for 10yrs. So, vendor staffing is not the same as temp agencies that specialize in low skill, short term contracts. Our contracts last years. And yes, being able to use Google is a skill set. See if you

Accountant in Pittsburgh here.

If you don't know someone in the field, then don't bother because you won't get a job.

As for automation. Some of my job can be automated. But the companies are too dumb. I spent my last hour putting checks in envelopes for example.

>accounting
>or anything related to excel
lmao
I would've told you to go to the most social fields of business but you would become a coward and run away given how weak of a mind you have.

If you want the lazy easy never get rich play then you need one of those government jobs. You'll regret it.

Yea, just remember that when they let you go.

Accounting is shit. The easy bookkeeping jobs are done by AI now, all that's left is 80 hour meat grinders at Big 4 firms.

IT is shit, most of corporate IT is in India. Every time I call my company's IT desk it's always Rahul answering the ticket. To get a domestic IT gig you need to work your way up from the bottom doing help desk IT.

Honestly, the only degree that's worth it is Computer Science. Being a sub-average code monkey is still better than 99% of office work you'll find anywhere else in the country. And CS, by virtue of definition, is going to be the last thing replaced by AI. Major in CS, get your C's-get-degrees, land some shitty internship and get a comfy 40 hour job in corporate doing fuck all coding.

I've been working for local city government (mid level manager) and I wouldnt recommend it. Endless bureacracy and hard to promote...when someone above you or nearby retires, typically nowadays they just eliminate the position in the name of cost savings and give you the added responsibility. So if you work hard you get screwed over...after a while you realize why everyone around you is worthless. I'm a single dad so if not for my kid, I'd run from here in a heartbeat. Used to do manual labor and shoveling dirt is less soul crushing. At least I know the LINK gods will eventually shine on me.

For a generic office job, I've always thought HR people have it good, they tend to look out for themselves as far as salary goes and are usually respected. And you could work in just about any industry or place you wanted to live. Or be a teacher and get all the summers and multiple vacations off...plus you might actually help the kids out.

i worked a shitty job until i was promoted out of it, you can too user

>Comfy office job
>private sector
Pick one...