Finding investors

Greetings

I'm a game developer and i've developed a functioning card game as a proof of concept for a video game.
I've tested it out a few times and confirmed that it works and doesn't have any major flaws. It still needs to be fully play tested and balanced though.

I want to publish it and get investors to finance the development of the electronic version.
Does anyone here have any tips on how i would go about doing that assuming i have made a business plan and done all the math on cost of publishing ect. ?

Attached: card back.png (194x318, 39K)

ps. though it's inspired by existing games it's mechanics are completely unique and it could not be categorized as a clone or a copy of any other existing game.

shameless self bump

nobody got nothing?

No game's mechanics are "completely unique." The first thing you need to do is stop kidding yourself. As for investors, try a Kickstarter for whatever your game is if you need to self-publish, otherwise go to a big publisher and shill your project. Before that you need to at least have a barebones proof of concept to show you can program [anything], and no just having the card game isn't enough. If you can't even make that, how will anyone believe your dumb ass can make a full game?

Attached: 1552162956729.gif (487x560, 762K)

Don't waste your time here. Go to /tg/. They'd probably know more about this than anyone here. This board is full of poor people with 70 IQ.

so no one here actually has any experience in corporate investment or start-ups?

>Before that you need to at least have a barebones proof of concept to show you can program
I won't be programming it. The business plan covers this and this is why it's going to be released as a card game first, making a return for the initial investors, partially covering the cost of development of the electronic version and sparking a second investment.
you know, short and long term goals.

1. Claim that you caused the Notre Dame fire.
2. Gain attention.
3. Say it was to get attention and by the way you're looking for investors for your game.

So easy.

I mean, unless you can form a really great name-brand with the card game there's no reason for investors to pay you to pay someone else to make the game for you based off your concept. Ideas usually aren't actually worth that much, it's only implementation that matters.

Attached: 1501855985510.jpg (500x505, 25K)

This board is full of NEETs who came here to get rich off of crypto because they have no skills.

Programming isn't game design. It's not just my concept, I've made the actual game, designed all the cards and game mechanics. It's a fully functioning card game in it's current state.
Also you are getting to hung up on the video game part which is the second goal, not the first. The business plan is set up in such a way that the second part doesn't have to work out for the first stage investments to make a return.
if you have a problem with the video game portion, you could just imagine that's not a part of the plan and nothing really changes.

No

Kickstarter campaign as a pre-sale You only need to invest in getting a copy of a prototype (printninja, etc) and then some nice photos and video to go on your page. If you get enough presales then you will have money to print game cheap enough to break even without comitting any money unless goal is reached.

>Kickstarter campaign
that was my first consideration, unfortunately it's not available where i live and i'd have to do some shady proxy shell corporation shit do use it.

From what country (or at least continent) are you operating? Inability to use crowd funding lets me assume that you'll also have difficulty in raising capital (because there's none, or no risk capital culture).

i'm in western Europe there aren't any economic reasons kickstarter doesn't operate here, there is also plenty of capital and startups all over the place. not a poor/low-risk country by any means.

There isn't a shortage of investors or high-risk starups. these people are all over the place. but they are also busy and i just don't know how to get in touch with them and get my foot in the door.

germanfag detected

There are more crowd funding platforms than kickstarter. How much capital do you even need? For what?

Start-ups are generally self-funded by people with many years of experience in the industry. There are exceptions but those are few and far between. If you're a developer with no track record, then you'll have a very tough time selling to investors.

Why would anyone want to invest in your shitty card game that 0 people play, has no popularity and no flushed out system to create revenue from it?

This is what you need to do.

Write up a business plan (Search up Business plan online to figure out how it works)
Then contact some angels / VCs which will fund your venture. (Google this) some VCs will fund your game , if they are involved in the space.
have a meeting with them. show them why you are worth a shit.
Have a second meeting. and third meeting , get funded.

Or you can put your game onto steam and make it as an indie game and have people pay for your game and use that money to make the game better. This is the best way to get money for your game , but if u are only at proof of concept , do the first option.

Either that or you go to a game studio and show them and ask them to help fund and create your project. Of course , they will take equity , but hey whatever , if u get funded who gives a shit.

i'm aiming for 20.000$ which is a pretty small investment for most investors. that money would go to playtesting, 2 months of polishing, publishing and marketing.

thanks, this is what i need and to the point.
>Write up a business plan (Search up Business plan online to figure out how it works)
done
>contact some angels / VCs which will fund your venture.
this is what i'm having problems with, having problems finding the local ones, guess i just need to do more googling.
any tips on how to spark their interest?
i'm working on a presentation and i have an artist doing some sample art for me.

That's four small-scale angel investors. Contact your (nearest bigger) city's angel investor club/society. Ask for advice.

Do you have any track record? Created games before? Have experience in the specific gaming sector you're aiming for?

>Either that or you go to a game studio and show them and ask them to help fund and create your project. Of course , they will take equity , but hey whatever , if u get funded who gives a shit.
fucking kek even if they loved the idea and you brought them a complete design doc, working physical proof of concept, there's no way they'd give you anything more than what they're paying their own game designers for a month of work. OP's "proof of concept" ain't worth shit and it's the bare fucking minimum.

go ask >>/vg/agdg/