Why are millennials so based?

Why are millennials so based?

Attached: SmartSelect_20190418-150403_Chrome.jpg (1284x356, 114K)

Other urls found in this thread:

incendar.com/baby_boomer_deathclock.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Company's need to change their interview process to something less nerve racking. That's why I won't get a job.

Attached: 1555174541764.jpg (334x506, 39K)

Savings? Who would save when there is crypto to buy?

i feel like thats a loaded statistic that needs more context. there is no fucking way 60% of gen y doesn't have a few thousand in their account

60% of millennials are not white.

Unironically I don’t see how anyone can be a loser right now
The economy is fine, it’s easy as fuck to get a 15hr job. I feel like a loser making 20hr but damn some people are just pathetic (granted geographic disparities exist), however I live in a low COL area (Columbus Ohio) and I’m 25

I didn’t go to college either like a brainlet if I did I could be making 60-70k right now instead

Attached: 8121027E-51DA-454A-A57F-8A66790A8CE7.png (1100x960, 52K)

I'm not much above 500 bucks, but I have 250k worth of bitcoin and eth

This so much. I've been at it since november and am can't pay my rent this month. I have real job experience, non-meme degree from a top ten pulbic university, and I'm presentable, clean cut, and can feign enthusiasm well enough. I've probably sent out 800 customized resumes, attended 10 interviews, and gotten 2 jobs, both of which turned out to be scamming people.

Why is getting a decent job such a fucking huge deal? Do we really need 4 panel interviews and a personality test to have me fill out excel worksheets?

xd

Maybe don’t be autistic faggots and actually learn to be sociable fucking incels

I cant find a job in a populated metropolitan (entry level)
What's the secret

Nah that actually sounds right. Most of the people my age they don't save. They spend most their money as soon as it comes in. Pretty easy to do when you get more than a $100 deposited into your bank every month from the government just cause you're in school or college.

I have 2k in the bank and 80k in crypto don't @ me

no secret I literally just got a job at a factory at 18 and worked my way from 9hr to 20 and if I stay in this position it’ll top out at 30

Still feels like poorfag wages when software cucks are making 50-100k+ like nothing

saving as in no other assets or just in ur bank? Because it is silly to put it in ur saving account with a .5%

Aw is someone angry?

$175k in my checking account.

T. Millennial

>$175k sitting in fiat

Yikes

This is how you can tell it’s a larp

Attached: 01C5754B-92B6-4151-97EF-00FD43FC1AE4.png (773x619, 77K)

Its framed as they cant cover an emergency expense of 500$, and while it is like 60% of millennials, it is around 50% across all age groups, which is insane.

My savings are in top 10 crypto. It all can only go up from here

As a retarded millennial ,
I have thousands in crypto and my bank account is basically empty

Am I based?

Yep the interview process is ridiculous nowadays, I'm a software dev and they act like you need to rediscover algorithms that took decades to find while you stand there in-front of a group of people on a whiteboard, or to somehow know all the gotchas involved with how unicode is handled in your language of choice, or some other nonsense that you never do day-to-day and that you would just lookup.

I'm going to be maintaining some code, why not go over the skills needed for that? Access to the internet and an IDE is a good place to start. Almost nothing is written from scratch, writing complex algorithms to get the most efficient time complexity is rare, don't plan the entire interview around the skills for that.

Waiting for the next great depression. Need some liquid wealth.

You might be able to buy a cup of coffee with that amount when fiat collapses.

I keep $2000 in the bank after Bills and debt. Dont see the point in keeping fiat. It's a scam.

"Hur dur 6 months savings."

>$20,000 401k
>$4,000 457
>$4,000 stocks and crypto
>$15,000 annuity product
>$60,000 equity in home
>$120,000 credit card lines open and available
>$30,000 in vehicles (depreciating)

If I lost my job tomorrow I could come up with $10,000 in less than 5 days. If I went prolonged and played the game I could probably pull out $30,000 with minimal penalties if any at all. I still have $120,000 in credit available if shit gets totally fucked.

Point is. I could make that last 3 years if I play it right. Why would I keep a depreciating asset like cash?

This figure is deceiving. $500 and no assets? You are fucked. Having $30,000 in a shoebox under your bed doesnt make you smart.

Boomer here. Is "based" a good or bad thing? I keep getting mixed signals from reading your zoomer shitposts.

I'm 100% invested in liquid equities.

I use my 20K line of credit for an emergency or some shit.

Can't afford to be sitting on cash when the markets and compounding interest work wonders.

That means they have a lot of candidates.

Interest rates are shit though, what are you into?

Kill yourself you newfag fuck.

This means you are in competition with a lot of others for the job you are interviewing for. They can afford to ask these sorts of questions and find someone who can do a LOT more than just fog a mirror.

this means that 60% of millenials are balls deep into crypto
kek

It's not about competition, they just constantly keep the job position open until they find a workhorse they can underpay, it's the equivalent of mining for gold at the expense of wasting any reasonable persons time.

Investments are savings too. Even if they are highly specualtive investments.

I have a similar mindset to you but I still keep a few months of expenses in a savings account. I work in an in-demand field and am good at what I do. Chances are, if I'm out of work for awhile it's because the economy is fucked. If I didn't have cash on hand, I'd likely have to sell investments for a loss.
>$60,000 equity in home
HELOCs can be denied or taken away. Search online to read about boomers getting fucked by banks in 2008.

Man, I really dont see a point in going back to school considering the state of the economy. I'm a NEET but have a good work history behind me. Getting back into the swing of things feels like going on a hamster wheel that's about to seperate from it's bearing.

As someone from outside of US I see your point magnified tenfold. How can anyone complain about living in the US is beyond me.

First time I went there on a work and travel program I was completely blow away. “Wait you can actually work minimum wage, rent a place and have a car? People actually can live a normal life without having three jobs? What kind of magic is this?”

This is basically one step away from admitting you’re an autistic retard

That would be last ditch effort by a long shot. I'd rather sell and live in a van.

Point is, if you have diversity and a realistic way to extract cash there is no reason to keep thousands of dollars in depreciating fiat.

>some other nonsense that you never do day-to-day and that you would just lookup.
Kek. Exactly this. I remember failing two interviews hard that frens then got the job for. And it turned out all they were doing was bug fixes. In the interviews they asked for, I kid you not, you to WRITE DOWN in pencil/pen on paper PHP/Java code NOT pseudocode a complete fucking login authentication class. It's such bullshit.

It is a poorer life when you work only one job at min-wage (or close to it) but it is entirely doable, in the right places where the COL is low. Basically no other country can even hold a candle to that.
The US truly has wealth that can be earned by those wanting to work.

The people you hear bitching about minimum-wage not being high enough always live in dense cities on a coast with a massive COL who need the latest electronics and fad goods. A life built around pretending they have affluence while struggling to save.

based boomer

I'm from a third world country and I still have more money saved than people who make on average 3x more money than me and have more opportunities by living in the US. There is no excuse for normie faggots.

Attached: 1528576107700.jpg (1028x1028, 85K)

Jow Forums would laugh at you. in software there are people who are basically savants and who voluntarily learn everything there is to know. that kind of person who can just solve virtually anything instantly without having to google it is obviously more attractive to hire than some random normie.

but you have no benefits or healthcare with those hours, right? How do you afford going to the dentist?

Why would I be? I have an 80k job, a house, a wife, 10k in investments, a Roth, a little bit and I’m only 29 living in Florida. I’m living peachy.
You on the other hand are going to end up shooting up a mall if you don’t get your shit together fucking zoomers raised by idiots

Agree. In my shitty country I need to go 5 years to university to earn what a burguer does working for McDonalds lmao

I’ve had benefits since I got hired full time. I was a temp in 2012 and got hired in 5 months back when they were being picky. I’ve always gotten 40+ hours even when I was a temp

I went from 9 as temp to 13 full time. They were picky back then because the economy wasn’t great but they blew up the past few years and literally will hire anyone who walks in for 15.50hour.

No one wants to work on an assembly line anymore though, 15.50 starting to 19.25 top out (on off shifts) 18.60 on day shift

I’m not in assembly anymore so I make 20 and cap @ 30

I get a 100% match on 5.5% of my salary have 33k in my 401k, no debt and pay 650 a month for rent and have a paid off car

Brap sniff

I have $130k in crypto. I have around $15k sitting in savings, what should I do with it?

wtf they said it only took $1 to build a fortune

im 22 and i have over 6k in my safe, 2/3rds of it being in gold

Did you not see where I specifically said:
>I'm presentable, clean cut, and can feign enthusiasm well enough.

I've been giving great fucking interviews. I toe the line fucking perfectly, don't color outside the lines, and ask questions like I actually want the job. I might be a fucking sociopath but I can damn sure pretend to an enthusiastic and friendly person for an hour or two.

come to me

WtF iLoVe BmW nOw

based

Wage cuck here as a software developer.... I also perform interviews. As a consultant, I'm looking for a developer who has the soft skills and capabilities to talk like a normal human being to our clients while gathering requirements. We perform a lot of customization on ERP systems, sometimes coding from scratch so yes if I have multiple candidates, i will definitely take the one who can just sit and start writing code without issue. Sure you may struggle and I don't expect you to be a literal God, but you get to see who the nervous ones are vs the ones who can remain confident in appearance. Not every meeting is going to go smoothly and I want someone who can keep their composure together.

Also I'm not gonna lie to you. Looks go a long way. I'd much rather deal with someone who is good looking vs someone who is not. It's why you see nothing but hot women posted on this board. You're not actively going out of your way to post an ugly person unless you're fudding.

should i kms?

That's the pussy option user. You're on the internet communicating to thousands. You have the capability to better yourself. Put the effort in.

Why would I want to learn to be a sociable fucking incels? Doesn't even make sense dude. I can't fuck an incel

Damn I knew it was racism all along

Just take a shower bro

Yea the industry is varied in what people do, definitely need different kinds of people for different kinds of jobs.
I've been working full time for the past few years right out of school and I never talk to the customers, only our customer support and project managers do that. I'm definitely the nervous type but I have reasonable social skills/looks, my brain just shuts down when I try solving hard problems in stressful situations, and I view interviews as stressful. Working day-to-day I never have that kind of problem and I've been promoted twice with a raise, and I've got a bonus every year.
I guess being able to quickly add new features and fix technical debt is more valuable for the kind of work I'm doing rather than being nervous during the interviewing stage.

>I’ll attack his punctuation! That’ll win the argument
Incels as always

That's the problem with you lazy kids, you give up at first sign of failure, or don't even try. 800 resumes? Goodness, does your manicured hand need a massage? Must've been traumatizing lifting a pencil! No wonder you can't find a job, who would hire a limp wristed fairy? Tough shit! I walked 800 minutes to college and work everyday at your age. Oh, job interviews are too stressful? How about being deployed into battle at 16, little girls? Most pathetic generation of all time! I guess providing you kids with everything including infinite opportunity, raised you soft. Spoiled brats, every one of you!

Attached: F5EDE54C-C981-4B38-BE59-5788B9C1B37B.jpg (800x800, 75K)

Ok grandpa, go take a break in your lazy boy and fall asleep to tucker Carlson with a natty in your hand

Good idea. I earned it!

I always keep about 50% of my assets cash. Its not for an emergency fund, but mostly so I can buy the dip during any recession. Buying the massive dips makes you so much more money than just hodling that shit. I made tens of thousands late last year buying the dip, and would have still had cash to live on for 5+ years. Now I'm back at 50% cash. Feels good.

Based fellow boomer larper. Kids these days. I remember I had to give a difficult firm handshake to my employer to get the job. My dad raised me right and that handshake was firm as hell and was able to get a part time job over the summer to pay for my college education AND a car. People are so entitled these days.

You earned it in an economy that was better than what the current generation is in. Take a look at facts before you open your fucking mouth and this is coming from someone who hiked to work in the rain everyday to make 8 dollars an hour at 16 because my parents couldn’t afford to drive me. Go fuck yourself you dumb fucking boomer faggot. Remember, you’re going to die very soon and when death takes you no one and nothing you love will care.
incendar.com/baby_boomer_deathclock.php
We’re all waiting for it :)

well damn that got dark didn’t know there was a clock

Yes

Yep! You're absolutely right. Different jobs require different things. People thrive where others fail..... And the same that fail thrive in other places. Just have to find what suites you.

A handshake says a lot more than fancy scribble! To the other guy: Of course you think walking to work is a bad thing. Typical for your generation! My family will care. Especially my kids. Heard of those? Or are you into the gay fad too?

when i was 18 i took an apprenticeship as an electrician and made €20k a year right out of the bat, now im comfy at €55k a year with 10 weeks of paid vacation each year, and i work inside a comfy factory so no physical strains, infact i mostly just sit down all day

Attached: 1534604746365.jpg (1080x990, 156K)

Soon sweetie :)
2086= your extinction

Another 60 years? I see why you can't get a job. Learn math!

Based.

Probably not for this survey, I've taken part before and it usually just asks how much you have in a savings account. Who the fuck keeps money in a savings account? 0.25% interest is (((hella bullish)))

It means it's a good thing

>that kind of person who can just solve virtually anything instantly without having to google it is obviously more attractive to hire than some random normie.
Of course. But do they need that person for every task? For instance, bug fixes that take maybe 1 hour of work? No. I've worked with many a cuck that is far far more savant than me but is earning around half my salary and doing tasks that are nowhere near their potential. It's clown world, man.

>80% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck
>hurr durr Millennials are based.
They're fucking broke you idiot. In fact, banks are so desperate to sell homes to Millennials that they're giving them mortgages with only 3% down! In some, places it's only 2% down! If this isn't a clear signal that another crash is coming, idk what is.

Attached: 80c.png (645x729, 77K)

shut up boomer

I had this happen to me in several tech interviews. After applying to 2,000 tech jobs in a year and getting only 8 interviews, I finally lost my shit in the last interview when they did this and just wrote on the paper "I'm never going to have to use this. Don't waste my time" and they were so shocked that I called them out on their bullshit. Needless to say, I didn't get the job. Gave up and went to work in another industry. If you don't have connections, you're fucked.

Attached: 1528738277688.jpg (618x597, 64K)

If your scarred to death of an interview you might as well KYS cause life gets much harder than that later one. I had cancer, buried every male relative I had, I take care of my mom and little brother and run my own business and I’m 35. Shit gets tough, interviews have always made me laugh since I was a kid...treat every interview as if you’re interviewing them and that’s it. Never act like you need shit and always remember if shit gets really bad go work at fucking McDonalds. I’m not above that shit...if my business collapses and everyone I know needs help then I’ll pick up shifts at the local Starbucks.

>PHP/Java code NOT pseudocode a complete fucking login authentication class.
Which framework? This can literally mean 5-10 lines of code if you're using Spring/Play

They don't expect you to actually be able to complete the task. They want to see how you approach a problem that you are unable to solve, and how hard you try before giving up.

Late, but it's used ironically 90% of the time here

exactly this.
several years ago i was looking into changing my profession. there were ~5 job offers open. i tried all of them, 4 of them gave me an interview + home assignment. 3 of them actually gave me an offer. the offer was so ridiculous that at first i thought they were joking (less than half the average starting pay in the sector).
now, roughly two years later, those 5 offers are still up, with the same description, looking for a person in the same position.
basically, theyre just looking for some idiot who can do the job and they can grossly underpay, probably to replace one of their average earners.

I'm from Eastern Europe and everyone I know has a lot more money than that saved up. So I really doubt people from richer countries like the US don't have 500$. Are you kidding me?

Quick! start stroking your penis to your inner easter slavicness oh your based! So incredibly based against Ammerimatto!

I will stroke it don't worry my friend. And you completely missed the point, I'm saying that I don't buy this statistic at all considering people from shithole countries manage to save up more than 500$.

oh no no no thats really is how are fucked americans friend beleive me i live here everyones gucci out here the black women full on weaves this isnt something you know my sister goes out everyday books frequent vacation although she makes less than 14000 a year

Oh really! I didn't know that bro I mean I know for a fact that some of the most broke people in my country wear the flashiest designer clothes and lease their BMW's which they can't afford, but I believe those are not the majority.

Also I don't know why some people are so short sighted. Maybe millenials see themselves in a hopeless situation, they know they won't retire or own a house and just use the money they do have to enjoy the moment.

Inflation and central banks are fucking everyone on the planet in the ass HARD.