Do any of you bros hold metals?

Do any of you bros hold metals?

Attached: IMG_0412.jpg (1024x769, 326K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_PXU0thDHCU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I have 1 oz of gold cause it looks cool

I bought gold and silver back when Glenn beck and infowars told me to. It's only lost value

I began stacking silver this year. Eventually I'll work my way up to gold.

invested about 20k in gold. at least i'm getting 2% interest on it

This is the reason i wanna get it.
Just a way to hold my savings instead of having fiat in the bank

Gold is a hedge only in bad times. It's value always returns back to the mean. No matter what you think of Beck and Jones, investment advice isn't what I would to them for. Dave Ramsey too, for that matter.

How are you getting interest

Yes, I bought a ton of silver but the chart feels bad.

Attached: CIMG0008.jpg (3456x2592, 1.86M)

What is the mean?
Inb4 value of all paper assets.
With crypto dominating the future, gold might as well deteriorate to become a peasant tier industrial metal like silver. Then it will be valued like 250$ like in the early 2000s.

I'd argue that palladium and platinum are smarter choices. They have far more industrial uses. Palladium's spike suggests that it's valuable for some unknown reasons, probably alien technology.

i lend it back to the shop selling it. it's fixed for one year, then you can cancel it and get your gold home if you want.

It's simply automotive catalyst demand. Good luck selling catalytic converters for electric cars..

Inb4 they run a ponzi scheme where they hope that never all of their clients will withdraw the gold at the same time.

no it's not a ponzi scheme. it's called non-cash lending and is a win / win situation for both parties

Not that guy but the average historical return is something around 2% so its good for holding value

>crypto dominating the future
kek

It's not just catalytic converters. You're right that it doesn't seem logical, so there must be some hidden reasons to explain the spike.

that something has industrial use makes it pretty useless if the economy collapses.

If the economy collapses you have bigger things to worry about.

true, but comparing it with gold, a insurance for economic crisis, is stupid. is it the better investment? maybe i dont know

The only precious metals are bullets
And cans of tuna

OP here, let me clarify further that the reason im thinking about precious metals is for saving reasons.
im thinking about depositing a sum of my savings into gold and silver and keep it in a local storage.
both to avoid the gubbament but also to retain value

Attached: 1054071371.jpg (1500x1036, 186K)

muh shinry rocks

heavy and useless. buy btc

With Trump pushing for lower rates and quantitative easing buying some gold now is a good idea.

Where do you buy?

No, but I do sell Chinese gold to boomers

One of my old friends, who I love, but he’s an uneducated guy (formally), a working class type, like all the people from my home town, that I outgrew by natural ability, asked me if I’d invested in precious metals. It was adorable watching his minuscule intellectual prowess attempting to convince me to buy precious metal “investments.” Little does he know, I’m gay and my portfolio is 100% ChainLink.

pls sirss buy boomer rock is very shiny big pump coming soon

brb storing 100k in tuna and bullets

The best investment is the whole stock market index with reinvested dividends

Yeah a few gold and a couple of silver coins. About $4,5k worth
I just wanted to diversify my small savings into that and crypto to not have all in fiat
I invested the same amount in crypto and it has given me 10x the value so that's nice

No, but i think Rheinmetall AG is pretty metal though.

Attached: RheinmetallAG.png (796x1060, 407K)

>I’m gay and my portfolio is 100% ChainLink.
>my portfolio is 100% ChainLink.
You already said you are gay

Pic related is worth about ...let me guess , 900$? lul

Attached: 1536740218878.png (633x611, 115K)

Fuck off , no one wants German stocks . Germany is dead in 10 years

Attached: 1536924019795.png (469x452, 277K)

The coins in the box and the 3 rows are worth about 3 grand roughly, I dont know about the rest.

>crypto and it has given me 10x the value
nice
thing is tho that i wanna use the gold more as a savings account, just instead of having it in fiat in the bank then having it in gold as to retain the value, not exactly as speculation/investing

>thing is tho that i wanna use the gold more as a savings account

I do this. I put my emergency savings into gold/silver. So its emergency in case of a rainy day, AND in case the economy collapses, AND it has the potential to moon due to tech.indsutrial uses or scarcity

i see
what does moon mean? im new to the investment shabang

Wrong. All the platinum metals are garbage because they have poor liquidity in the market. Focus on gold or silver.

It's unironically catalytic converters. Plus there is only one Pd mine in NA which is currently ramping up it's exploration. They're hiring a lot.

Bought 170 ounces of silver in 2011 when it was like $30 a ounce or some shit because my dad is a doomer boomer who thought the economy was going to collapse and go into hyperinflation and told me to buy some and he would cover any losses if it didn't work out. Gonna hold it for the next 40 years and see what happens.

Attached: 0cc.jpg (633x640, 51K)

Fucking Jow Forums shilled me silver at $13 bucks each and I still feel scammed.

death to all gold bugs

YOU CAN'T EMAIL METAL

I fell for the gold meme. Can't even convert it back to fiat without losing 10%

You triggered me. Just didn't want people here to be intimidated by my actual stack.

Attached: IMG_20190419_171712.jpg (3648x2736, 1021K)

Which is too big for picture. Almost a actual ton

Attached: IMG_20190413_041152.jpg (3648x2736, 512K)

Gold's been a traditional asset to escape too when stocks are doing bad and no one wants to cash out in the world's current reserve currency.

jo bist du deppad oida, nice

Attached: 1544148995860s.jpg (250x115, 3K)

I’ve got about $5,000 in GLD and $2,000 in SLV.

youtube.com/watch?v=_PXU0thDHCU

i just dont see the point in gold now we've had bitcoin for so long and its performed so well.

sure, late adopters missed out and lost out, but they did if they bought gold at the peak too, only gold has very little upside relative to the insane growth of bitcoin, and you can't safely store gold and move it around easily, which is the only reason to bother with it, given how relatively poor it is as a speculative instrument

anyone into numismatics or whatever
i got a bunch of £500 each gold coins off bullionbypost
people into gold/slv kinda laugh at me but whatever they're cool. made in like 1700s or whatever

Attached: 1555703834856.webm (712x480, 2.22M)

holy shit dude. i normally don't post but you went way down the silver rabbit hole. silver barely outperforms gold and only at >60:1 GSR. gold on the other hand takes about 80x less space.

fwiw, i have nearly 1 lb of gold and 150 oz of silver.

Attached: return components.jpg (7592x2196, 1.74M)

also i buy an coin that appears that is BIG and affordable you know - the massive silver ones
again just look cool

Attached: 1555702437367.webm (1920x1080, 1.97M)

What should I see here?

Why would you buy so many coins? You could have saved a lot of money by getting the biggest silver bars possible. Just a few 1000 oz silver bars would have worked.

>asking to be told what to see
never gonna make it senpai
( it's explosions outwards )

20% VAT on bars compared to 7% VAT on coins
Maybe not back then when he bought but at least now.

looks cooll and doomers think muh collapse silver is divisible.. or smthg

Retard. You can always sell gold for spot no matter what. Gold is gold. Your comment would apply for silver though.

>VAT
Y I K E S. Imagine living in yurop.

1000oz silver
1000oz gold

My personal goal. Total weight around 125lb so very portable and a good store of value.

>vat
>on savings
Hope Africans exterminate you

1000oz of gold is like $1.3 million. 100oz gold should be enough bro.

Give me 1(ONE) reason to go for metals instead of investing in index funds and leave compound interest to do the rest

im glad i live in denmark, we have no VAT on fine gold nor fine silver, very nice
mirin your stack

>asteroid mining
>PMs become worthless

Checked

I was thinking about buying a 400 oz gold bar two years ago (never went through with it), and it just seems like you'd automatically lose to inflation.

At the point of sale, you pay 10% in long term capital gains. Assuming that gold held its value, that 10% is coming directly out of long-term money you "made" against fiat. As time goes on your investment tends to the limit of 90% of your initial purchase price.

Meanwhile you can convert crypto back to fiat at a 10% markup. Goldfags eternally btfo.

But how do you pay for all your """"free"""" stuff then?

>total weight of a billion dollars of crypto
>0

that's why you buy smaller weights of gold. the market for big weights is limited.

depending on your national laws, there can be zero capital gains tax. this is why i buy 25x1 gram gold coins in canada. they are collectible and per unit cost exemption means i don't have to declare shit.

Don't have much now but I'll buy more when deflation starts then I'll sell everything and buy BTC after gold and silver moons

VAT on everything else as well as 50% income tax, it's a cruel world user
why do you think fiat will deflate?

How is that a win for them?

>buy gold for significant sum
>economic apocalypse
>trade gold for bread

>Heavy

No.

>Useless

Whatever electronic you're using right now uses gold and silver. What is BTC used in? Oh that's right, absolutely nothing. It isn't even vapor. It's a resource drain and it's value in the future will be measured against the resources and technology today - ie: next to nothing.

>Economic apocalypse

You got a lot more problems than trying to offload your gold. If that's your barometer of a good investment, you should be stacking ammo.

>Reporting your gold sale to the IRS

Get the fuck out of town.

Give me 1(ONE) reason to invest in crypto. There literally isn't one except for diversification. If you want to put all your eggs into an index fund go right ahead. If the market crashes all your eggs are broken.

>metal isn't heavy
>money should have a use outside of facilitating trade

nevergoingtomakeit/10

I can plaster my encrypted private address all over the internet and make a billion backups that nobody can steal from. I can literally be anywhere and have access to my money. I can send it over the internet. I don't have to worry about counterfeiting or dilution, etc, etc.

100oz is a realitistic and sufficient goal but my dream goal is 1000oz.

>Metal
>Money

NEET/10

only metals i’m holding are deez nuts. straight brass

Attached: 428F0631-6D77-4405-ABE8-C43A9324CFE0.jpg (2048x1536, 902K)

>Why should I invest in crypto
>Durr cause you can spend it

Ok?

3 tops

It's worse than that, they're also savings taxed progressively so if you actually save money your taxes go up drastically. Paper prices go up? You pay unrealized gains taxes and have to sell property to pay it or work for free.

Are you beginning to understand why our governments want a monopoly on guns?

Because central banks printing money into oblivion is the only thing propping up the stock market

No arguments found.

Well think about it. What is the main issue with fiat as money? It works fine for short-term trading and it can be used digitally.

Right, I didn't see a single argument out of you to own crypto as an investment.

>it can be used digitally
Are you saying digital use of money is a drawback?

see

even diamonds and antiques are a superior at holding value to metals. What kind of moron "invests" in this shit?

Attached: historicalsilver.png (856x572, 70K)

Ok clearly you have brain issues. You can't even answer simple questions. Stay poor.