Dentistry is a scam

Fuckers are always recommending all sorts of unnecessary procedures to my broke ass. And you don't need to get a cleaning every 6 months if you take care of your oral hygiene. Fuck dentists.

theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2019/05/the-trouble-with-dentistry/586039/

Attached: AsianFeel.webm (1080x1874, 1.93M)

Other urls found in this thread:

beatcancer.org/blog-posts/root-canals-and-cancer/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Who is this thot and how do I get one

oil pulling works

>never do root canal
>a tooth start to hurt while abroad
>go to the dentist
>'must do a root canal'
>alright...
>done. pain stops.
>years later.
>the tooth that had root canal causes the most problems
>suddenly, it fractures completely and falls off making me look like a hillbilly
Currentry attemtpint to remove all fillings from and regrow my teeth using unpasteruized, grassfed milk and vitamin k.
Fuck dentists

Whatever you say, shittooth.

Root canals are the worst thing you can do. They can never remove all of the dead tissue, it’s 100% impossible. Your body will be fighting infection for your whole life.

There is a documentary that came out about it, pretty sure it’s on Netflix.

Fuck dentist, I take care of my teeth, I go in every couple of years to make share my filling are good and for a cleaning.

Dentist IRL (UK) checking in. This is mostly a problem in the US where there is a large problem with overtreatment in medical fields generally. Most obvious areas are wisdom teeth removal and the "deep clean", both of which are very scammy. I can explain more if people want to know

Removing of wisdom teeth is not scammy. For people with smaller mouths/crowding it’s much needed. For others not so much.

You don't have to remove wisdom teeth? Won't that explode your jaw?

My three wisdom teeth were actually growing into my jawbone, each passing day that I didn't have the surgey I could feel my teeth moving more and more, I had them out, all four, three were impacted, it took me TWO weeks to heal. I was on like 5 vikodin a day and ate nothing but puree'd soup and vanilla pudding. I dropped 25 pounds in that two weeks alone, it was rough. Don't know much about the deep clean though, as I always brush and don't drink pop and eat candy and stuff. I also chew a lot of gum.

Why do retards with 0 medical understanding try and give advice on this stuff?

Yes root canals will not eliminate 100% of infected pulp tissue - mostly owing to accessory canals which can't be manually navigated, the inability of disinfectant solutions to remove all bacteria, and the fact that rarely even with a skilled clinician will the procedure be done to a perfect standard.

But still, if most of the infected pulp is removed, and then the canals and crown of the tooth properly sealed afterwards, root canals have great long term success rates. 80-90% depending on the study.

Definitely beats uh I dunno leaving an infected tooth untreated

>wisdom tooth will make your jaw explode
Amerifat education, everyone.

He’s a dentist don’t listen to him

I’ll bet money he still does root canals. People with root canals have a much higher cancer rate and also have more health issues than people without. Studies have proven this. Don’t listen to these dentist fucks.

Or how about doing it the right way, pulling the tooth and replacing it with an implant. It’s impossible to disinfect a root canal 100%.

There are instances where it is needed. But the practice of prophylactic removal of wisdom teeth in the US is a money making industry and nothing else. Most impacted wisdom teeth don't go on to cause any problems, and no they do not exert anywhere near enough force to cause crowding/orthodontic changes.

Ie if there isn't any active disease/pathology (untreatable decay or pulpitis, apical infection, cellulitis, osteomyelitis, severe pericoronitis, or they need to be removed for jaw surgery or radiotherapy) then there is no justification for removal, given that the surgery comes with its own risks

Root canal treatment and implant surgery have roughly similar long term success rates, there are studies comparing them. Look into the actual evidence rather than stringing random words together

Wisdom tooth removal is a scam 90% of the time. You only need to get them taken out if they come in the wrong way.

how to spot a tranny

Actually the majority of wisdom teeth that are malpositioned and impacted cause no problems. You only need to get them removed if there is actually some disease process occuring or its a requirement for other important treatment, as I listed above

Wisdom teeth is the biggest modern day medical scam in the world. 90%+ of people do not need it as your teeth natural re-align and adjust as they grow in. You really think your body would naturally evolve to fuck up your mouth before you become an adult? Holy shit like use your brain dummy. It's pushed as being precautionary even though the common side effects of the surgery (ex. permanent nerve damage) are way worse than any potential long term effects of leaving them in. If you removed your wisdom teeth you just paid for a dentists ferrari and risked your well being for no reason. Also, have a look at the statistics of people that suffer permanent nerve damage after wisdom teeth removal. Very common to lose sensitivity in mouth or have permanent jaw pain.

It’s not about success rate. You talking in doctor talk. It’s about an immune system issue. If you seal off an infection which is exactly what a root canal does, the body will attempt to fight this infection and waste energy that would be better spent actually fighting health issues.

Smart dentists know this, but won’t admit it because they get paid tons of money for root canals and it’s a very simple procedure for them.

Studies have shown 97% of cancer victims have had root canals, these studies could not be published because it would literally put a large portion of dentists out of business.

Idk how to feel about this, when I saw my X-ray my wisdom teeth were coming in sideways and my dentist seems pretty honest with me

Once I got to the oral surgeon he even said I don't need to get one removed because it's fine but the 3 coming in sideways have got to go, and charged for each tooth so he lost $500 by not doing my one

this was 4 months ago

Attached: 1552123457250.jpg (996x776, 62K)

No shit idiot, root canal means your tooth is dead and expected lifetime of the shell is ~10 years.
I sincerely hope noone follows this idiots advise.

Went to some Russian roastie dentist office when I was 18, they wanted to pull all my wisdom teeth and I said fuck no. 9 years later I have had no problems and only the top teeth have even come in. My new dentist is way chiller and my dental plan offers free check up and cleaning twice a year.

>these studies could not be published
>i'm an insider
>my dad works at nintendo

Is my wisdom teeth on top right impacted?
So far no cavity and no pain, I'm 25

Attached: 20190418_162559.jpg (1215x683, 430K)

In your case yes you needed them pulled. There are many dentists who will pull out your wisdom teeth for no reason though.

No it doesn't you fucking retard. We know the clinical and radiographic signs/symptoms of an immune response to an infected tooth, following a successful root canal treatment all of these clear up as your body is no longer actively fighting the infection. Even if there are small amounts of bacteria left in, they are sealed in an environment where they can't thrive and aren't exposed to the surrounding tissues to cause a response

You read some garbage by a crank scammer and are trying to pass it off as medical knowledge/advice

I think my Dentist is pretty honest, he sent me to an oral surgeon for the wisdom teeth and can do braces but said just go to an orthodontist when I asked about it

only thing he did once which was sketchy was recommended a crown and I said I can't afford that and he said we can try a filling but it's probably not going to last and its been like a year now with no issue

Do you really need to ask this? That looks fucked up and you should probably get it pulled.
Disclaimer: I am not a dentist.

they actually found out that plaque is a semi protective layer and only needs to be removed when it causes pressure to build up. see while it can erode teeth it has to obey chemistry and cant get far. a super thin layer is as far as it can get. then it protects from further chemically induced erosion

its like a oxide layer protecting chrome / titanium from the elements. i would list other metals but not all of them do a great job at it. i mention titanium because anodizing titanium is done with electricity just to make a oxide layer and you can see it because it changes color

pls explain. i am doing a deep cleaning every 6 months right now to remove tartar, etc. is it a scam??

>let me listen to the guy who makes money off root canals instead
Do some research. Lots of well known pathologists have went on record saying this exact thing

Go back to work. Lots of teeth to fix in the uk

yeah your upper left (right on the picture) wisdom tooth appears impacted but from the image it doesn't seem to be causing any root resorption or problems with the adjacent tooth, though not the clearest picture

lower wisdom teeth both horizontally impacted, from here it looks like you might have decay on the distal (back) side of both second molars but id need to see a good quality image

So you seal an infection inside of the body. How does that make sense?

Based dentist

if you knew how the UK NHS system works you'd know we make hardly any money off root canals at all and for the amount of time it takes they are usually a net loss

we just don't swallow up garbage from well known unsubstantiated frauds like mercola and weston price

Watch the root cause on Netflix. It goes into depth about the whole root canal scam.

The dentist posting here probably believes what he’s been told/taught by his elders. It’s bullshit thought.

but in my case the teeth were dying and causing me to have really bad sore throates. the bacteria being developed from the teeth dying was causing me to be ill a lot. I had them out and I was fixed. I'm thankful because it was rough.

you seal off any small amounts of bacteria (note: this is not a synonym with infection) that may not have been killed by the disinfectant solutions. these bacteria cannot thrive or multiply and so cannot continue to cause infection and an immune response. hence why all signs and symptoms of an immune response clear up after a successful root canal

Well in the USA it’s big business. Not only that, most insurances won’t cover it, so now you have third party’s who loan you money aka care credit at intrest. There is a huge market around root canals in the USA.

So you disconnect the tooth from the jawbone? Wow. I didn’t know that dentist.

If the tooth is still there is still connected to the jaw. There are cells in bones. Cells communicate.

You're awesome!

any remaining bacteria are inside the root canal, which is just an empty space that has been hollowed out during the canal preparation then sealed with an inert latex material. if it has been sealed properly (and this is where about 10-20% of them do fail) then the bacteria cannot thrive, multiple, or reach the periapical tissue (periodontal ligament, bone)

how lay idiots who have never even looked at the anatomy of a tooth think they can give medical advice is quite astounding

you dont need to do it every 6 months. I do it once a year

how is this better than removing the tooth and put in an implant that may last a lifetime instead of keeping the tooth in there crumbling one day?

Thanks for answering.
Had my bottom 2 tooth removed few days ago, living in hell now.

Attached: Dxe69DhV4AEis7e.jpg (326x326, 18K)

can you guys go back to posting qt asians? thanks.

Attached: filipina.png (500x687, 481K)

It’s not user.

Dentist have you seen the documentary I’m speaking off? Please explain what was not factual in the documentary.

missed this question. a "deep clean" is just a buzzword really

the medical definition of that term would be root surface debridement, ie. for people who have active periodontitis and have lost supporting periodontal tissue and deep gum pockets (where the root surfaces of the teeth are now exposed), then you require a "deep" cleaning all the way into those pockets and of the exposed root surfaces which accumulate lots of tartar/debris/bacteria

in people without periodontitis, the term "deep cleaning" basically makes no sense. you just need a normal clean/scale and polish

I once saw the assistant put cleaning into the system (34 euro - $40) before the dentist even saw my teeth. Hate these smug scammers.

I've explained above. Implant treatment and root canal treatment have roughly similar long term success rates (80-90% for both), there are studies comparing them

Implants can fail and get infected just as root canals can (see peri implantitis)

>3
I am all about long term and what is mostly the best.

root canal -> needs at leat 2 operations in life? first killing the infection, second one years later to fix a dead tooth.

implant -> just one

Am I missing something? Where is the benefit speaking for a root canal treatment? Price?

So how about the people who do get a root canal. There is an infection that goes unnoticed. How does that get accounted for in your bs numbers?

you've got some wrong information there. root canal treatment is just one procedure - remove the infected/necrotic pulp tissue, disinfect the inside of the tooth, seal it up to prevent reinfection.

"Fix a dead tooth" - this is not a thing. If its a back tooth then you'll need a crown after the root canal treatment to protect it. But that's it. Nothing is required years later unless the root canal has failed (10-20% chance, similar to implants).

by all means get an implant if you would prefer, we give the patient the option and its more money for us too. but there is no medical necessity to get an implant over a root canal treatment at all.

Since you are a retard with no medical/scientific understanding (which is fine, as long as you don't try and give advice), let me reiterate for you that the presence of some bacteria =/= infection

Has it occured to you that the bacterial species that cause tooth infections (streptococcus, actinomyces etc) are commensal to the oral cavity? Ie they are part of the normal microbial flora and are present on many oral surfaces all the time in perfect health?

care to explain how we aren't perpetually walking around with oral infections in every corner of the mouth, doctor?

So you are killing off all nerves inside the tooth and it is still healthy fine and ok?

I just had to think if someone I know had to do that stuff and there is one.
It's funny because it didn't really got good until the tooth got pulled out.

Think about this for a second

A root canal is KEEPING A DEAD ORGAN ON CONNECTED TO YOUR BODY. How does that make sense

Yes - teeth are functional (back teeth generally require crowns though), healthy (no infection) and fine. Don't listen to garbage quackery on the internet, this is antivax tier stuff

Dentists are just people who couldn't hack it in medical school. They're all just pushing whatever they need to get the Christmas Porsche. My dentist is Armenian, that should clue you in to how scammy they are.

to be honest, I apply critical thinking and questioning to all important things.

Currently I am not so sure about root canals, I have to read into that more, outside of a random Jow Forums thread.

thats the great thing about research/evidence - you dont need to trust an user dentist

check pubmed and all the info is there for you

>Studies have shown 97% of cancer victims have had root canals, these studies could not be published because it would literally put a large portion of dentists out of business.

So what you're saying is nobody has seen these phantom studies, but you have somehow. I'm gonna need a source, or you're full of shit, bud.

>dub.dub trips
too bad too often (yes in science and health related topics), certain things are not made public or kept low due to interests.

checked
thanks british dentist
im in tooth hell right now. its my own fault for not taking care of them properly. im going to need a lot of implants. if i make it, id really like to get them.

is there anything i should watch out for?

beatcancer.org/blog-posts/root-canals-and-cancer/

The first google that came up. But I’m sure it will be dismissed. Remember, the dental associations do not want this shit known.

>those sideburns
That's a guy on hormones. Girls do not have those regardless of race.

>The bacteria which were in the millions of tiny “tubules” in the dentin of the tooth (the portion between the enamel and the root canal) mutate into “anaerobic” bacteria. These are bacteria which do not require oxygen. Every root canal-filled tooth has them. No exceptions. They occur because of the structure of the root canal filling. It is impossible to eliminate them and they are 1,000 times more toxic than any other bacteria. In fact, the toxins they put out are in the form of a gas called “thio-ethers” which can easily migrate through the enamel of the tooth and down through the roots into the bloodstream. These toxins travel throughout the body, as do many of the bacteria themselves. These are responsible for most chronic degenerative conditions…not just cancer, but rheumatoid arthritis, heart disease, multiple sclerosis, lupus, ALS, diabetes….you name it.
wtf

I haven't been to the dentist in 5 years, my teeth are fine. Just brush at least once every other day, and floss regularly.

>Dr. Weston Price and Mayo’s Clinic of 1910 to 1920 described finding bacterial growth in root canals that could be transferred into animals and create the same diseases the donor human had in from 80 to 100% of the animals. Heart disease, in particular, could be transferred 100% of the time. His research has since been suppressed by the various Dental Associations in the United States.

They don’t teach this shit is dental school. I’m sure the dentist posting here thinks he knows what he’s doing but he’s a brainwashed fuck helping with the population control objective.

Have in with your root canals guys.

That's because it's fuckin retarded
Cancer feeds off glucose, glucose is produced by starchy foods you eat (carbs) and sweets etc.
Glucose is countered by insulin, your body fights it and eventually can't produce enough insulin, that's when the cancer comes.
Stop eating carbs unless you're active af and actually burn all the energy it gives you.
What do cancer patents and sugar eaters have in common? Fucked up teeth.

I haven't been to the dentist in years and last year one of my molars chipped and large chunk fell out of my mouth.

I've mostly cut out soda and candy from my diet and I brush every day. I'm actually too worried/poor/embarrassed to go see a dentist now. Hopefully can afford to see one that won't scam me in the near future.

Dyor user. Everybody calls these guys crazy or quacks. I will never get a root canal after doing the research I did.

I'm no dentist or other medical professional but it seems odd to pull only 3 wisdom teeth and leave one. Or do you mean that the oral surgeon charged for the removal of the 3 impacted teeth (difficult) and didn't charge for the removal of the 4th wisdom tooth? For purposes of symmetry, I would have thought that all of your wisdom teeth would have been pulled

Girls can get side burns, dumb ass. That isn't even that bad.

Anaerobic bacteria are found all over the oral cavity, they are part of the normal oral microbial flora (prevotella, fusobacterium. facultative anaerobes like s. mutans and actinomyces, and loads more)

Oral cavity isn't the same as deep inside the root of a tooth.

Medical brainlet here. What does all this mean in more simpler terms?

I remember you dentist user. You work at a government clinic in the UK

He’s just saying what he’s told.

He’s also acting like the tooth even after a root canal is still connected to the jawbone.

But hey, I didn’t go to brainwash dental school so idk what’s im talking about right me British dentist user?

"Root canal bad"

I would personally opt for a removal and an implant.
>uk dentist
>government clinic
he sounds like he’s on the cutting edge of dental health

pathology is the exact same - commensals can cause opportunistic infections in certain conditions (they cause infection outside of the root canal too), but just the mere presence of some bacteria does not indicate an infection - otherwise we would have incessant oral infections every day of our lives

this is what the retard anti vaxxer ITT can't get his head around

>anti vaxxer
>have toxic metals injected with vaxine
>don't consider this a problem at all
It was publically admitted that it was what was happening

Kill yourself pharma shill

Don’t compare this to anti vaxers. That’s week user dentist.

Think anti vaxers are idiots, but i believe this root canal shit 100%

>pathology is the exact same
Nope

the problem is more that you didn't go to any school

>the problem is you weren’t brainwashed
Ok user. Keep doing those root canals.

>tfw will be future dentist
>feels good

>also will be getting a root canal next week

And what happens if you're allergic to latex?

You don't need to be a scientist to know those 4 citations at the end do not even remotely approach empirical evidence for what the article is claiming

Please either kill or sterilise yourself for the general betterment of mankind

People who need root canals don't have the option to think it over if the infection is severe.

He honest. Your scared your gonna die cause you got a root canal. Listen user. Dig, you will find the truth. Fuck this article if you want, there is tons more info out there.

Dentists are glorified trades men. Their hygienists/assistants can do all the work if it came down to it, and most only went to tech school.

My mom was an dental assistant for many years for 2 very successful jew dentists on Long Island.

No one ever "Need" a root canal. If you're ok with it, just pull it out.

i went to the dentist, he said i need a root canal

my tooth fucking HURTSSSSS whnever i chew food with it

i have only been chewing food on one side of my mouth for the past year.

the root canal was going to be like $2,500

so i havent been back yet. and i dont think the tooth is actually infected since it doesnt hurt all the time only hurts when i chew food with it.

but in the xray it was a grey color. doctor said it was infection but i just think its inflamation or something.

how much longer can i just keep chewing food on one side of my mouth anons?

2,500 is half a fucking bitcoin FFS

2500 for 1-2 hour of work
>listen to us guys, root canals are safe
Common dentist fucks. We’re not stupid.

>i just think

What would possess you to think you are more correct than a professional?

That user is a faggot and at the very least neeeds that tooth pulled