/smg/ - Stock Market General

awoo edition

Before you buy anything, make a brokerage account and read investopedia articles and/or the books in the OP list. If you don't have a broker, you can't buy stocks and if you blindly buy things without understanding how the stock market works or doing any research on the individual stocks you're buying, you will lose money and it will be entirely your fault.

The easiest method of trading options is to use Robinhood as it takes the least amount of vetting and sign up. Options are how one can access levels of volatility akin to cryptocurrency markets.

Premarket Data: money.cnn.com/data/premarket/

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg

List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
tradingview.com

Earnings Report Calendars:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

Options Markets:
cdn.ymaws.com/afajof.site-ym.com/resource/resmgr/files/Historical_Texts/cox-rubinstein-ocr-1985.pdf

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

List of hedge fund holdings:
fintel.io/

previous thread

Attached: Awoo2.png (1176x1000, 835K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/elonmusk?lang=fi
youtube.com/watch?v=gZ7bFZfIv2o
twitter.com/SCBLOL26/status/1119316289749757952
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0091305713003328
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5652016/
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0166432814003684
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0006899315008483
atai.life/#Portfolio
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-10-03/magic-mushroom-backer-is-said-to-raise-25-million-mull-ipo
nbcnews.com/health/health-news/fda-approves-first-generic-nasal-spray-treat-opioid-overdose-n996526
warosu.org/biz/image/xNdw2hy7d_dzt5IhFEyxTg
sfgate.com/technology/businessinsider/article/People-are-pooping-more-than-ever-on-the-streets-13778680.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Awoooooooo
Berfect!

Attached: 16B8B3FA-0E3A-4F88-A42A-EC6EF3F0A2FE.gif (500x362, 450K)

AWOOOO

Attached: 1540738890245.png (1280x720, 901K)

elon-kun has new twitter avatar...

twitter.com/elonmusk?lang=fi

youtube.com/watch?v=gZ7bFZfIv2o

Attached: 1541386713617.jpg (286x327, 75K)

Bullish Bias

Attached: 238.jpg (238x181, 10K)

will have to delete that options stuff from the OP over the weekend
this isn't reddit

actually, I'll just include it with the previous boomer stuff
there is some decent information there

i dunno i just copied the previous one

Yes. Yes he does.

Attached: animuchicken.jpg (2560x1440, 223K)

the previous OP kept making the new threads like 100 posts before the last one hit the bump limit

Is this for real? Tha fookin madman.

>Seuraajana Dr Jordan B Peterson

Attached: 6B8D93AB-096B-4A0B-8C21-222B9ADAD929.jpg (1280x960, 90K)

consider just throwing most of the information into one big pastebin, instead of having three separate pastebins and a myriad of links
too many links -> no one will click, better to have a big pastebin and maybe 1 or 2 other choice links

change the blurb, delete the options sentence in the blurb

just my opinion

Attached: MuskUnit.jpg (1216x872, 536K)

twitter.com/SCBLOL26/status/1119316289749757952

the previous OP is the one who put the options sentence in the blurb, so will delete that

I think having it all in one big pastebin will make it more likely for people to ask dumb questions (newfags may not actually click the pastebin and read through it beforehand)

First for SEEL. Get in next week lads. Also AKRX.

Attached: Screenshot_20190419-105206.png (1080x1920, 326K)

Threadly reminder that this is the year of Emerging Markets

Attached: AssetQuilt.gif (1200x960, 1.89M)

ok this is based

Reports from the wires state that market volumes have been substantially thinning over the past several weeks. Trade accordingly, boys.

>PSA: ALWAYS have your exits planned before entry. Never enter a trade without knowing exactly how, when and where you’re getting out.

Attached: 45E69F53-454B-4C91-9917-8C7E288309EF.jpg (238x369, 29K)

Meaning what? John Pierpont says put my monies in India? Based on what? What this graph even is?

Why should I trust JP instead of Charles or Morgan?

Attached: E5196ECD-7A0A-44A5-ABEA-3B9A77AC2558.png (543x435, 128K)

You soun smart fren. How much longer do I hold the biotech baggies?

Is it time for dudeweed maybe or tek?

Part me wants out now, part me wants to see how things go after the next few IPO

Attached: A58EE834-C61E-44DE-AD13-4E230DB6BA0C.jpg (328x449, 20K)

biotech is a meme, dump as soon as you break even or profit a little

Is weed mooning Monday? Lot of news being pushed out...

Attached: 0CAB8BB4-0CB5-4990-8304-D1BF2843F7DD.jpg (500x472, 17K)

>biotech is a meme, dump as soon as you break even or profit a little

Attached: 1549042635717.jpg (1920x1080, 211K)

let's be honest, if you weren't a brokeboi in college you wouldn't be gambling on memes either

Attached: 1530991430823.png (609x498, 208K)

if I had a significant amount of money in my account, I would probably just park most of it in stuff VTI and hodl/buy more for perpetuity, but I would still put 20-30% aside for biotechs
Buying a biotech isn't gambling on memes, it's investing in science

SEEL's pipeline actually isn't that bad, now that I look at it
I still think arketamine has more potential as a treatment for depression than racemic ketamine (because it functions just as well and has fewer side effects), but racemic ketamine is better than esketamine

stuff like VTI*

1.9B valuation on the pipeline seeing that they're all approved. We will at least give JNJ a run for their money with the ketamine. Parkinson's drug will be the crown jewel of this pipeline though. Largely untreated disease. If successful, that market share will be juicy.

POOPOO PEEPEEE

really not sure why JNJ put so many resources into developing esketamine for depression when it's well known that arketamine works better (because it stimulates AMPA receptors, which leads to increased hippocampal BDNF-TrkB signaling and the restoration of connections in the hippocampus) and has fewer side effects (because it's a weaker antagonist of the NMDA receptor)

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0091305713003328
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5652016/
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0166432814003684

Hmny is making a comeback

>me
>breaking even or making a profit in biotech
>during the Sanders Smackdown

Attached: F485F055-2391-485F-BE22-64F731517121.jpg (1125x464, 113K)

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0006899315008483

I like VTGN because their drug also has been proven to stimulate BNDF-TrkB signaling, and they have a key trial readout (ELEVATE) coming soon

So to keep it simple:
God tier: arketamine
Good tier: racemic ketamine
Shit tier: esketamine?

He will save us all. Fear not for that Divvy is safe from harm. Hold him now for 15 or so years. Let the Power of Drip work it's magic touch. Return after the time has flown by; turn off that Drip to pocket the paycheck. Buy more of Him each year during Tax Refund time; the bigger your Paycheck will grow in lockstep man.

Sure now the sale of Hulu looks shortsighted but come on really He only owned a small stake in it. Be like you owning small stake in a condo; sure you could sleep in it and whatnot but try to remodel it? Ain't happening unless the majority owners all signed off on it. Same thing applies with Hulu. Best bet for them was to sell to highest bidder and use the dough for more pressing maters (the debt for one).

Attached: att_2016_globe_detail.png (600x600, 7K)

basically, in terms of being an antidepressant
if you're using ketamine as an anesthetic, then it's the other way around tho

racemic ketamine is a mixture of arketamine and esketamine, and arketamine is the enantiomer that's responsible for most of ketamine's antidepressant effects

arketamine = works well without side effects
racemic ketamine = works well with side effects
esketamine = doesn't work as well and has side effects

Interesting. I wonder if there were copywrite issues, if it was more thoroughly tested, could be brought to market quicker, showed more promise in early testes, were cheaper to manufactured etc.. Are they all administered through inhalation at a dr’s office?

You were lucky to get out of VSTM when you did.

I see. Thanks for the abstract on that.

I'm mostly excited about the late-stage Parkinson's drug though. Hopefully FDA will fast track. I see where teams are literally just trying to repurpose old leukemia drugs to treat it. And dudeweed, which doesn't work well for late-stage apparently. I will be a breakthrough drug. Also, Ligand is partnered with Seelos and they just took a 12% stake. I like that...alot.

there's a private company developing arketamine
would put some money into them if I could tho, I also think the work they're doing with psilocybin is interesting (not too sure about the science of it tho)

atai.life/#Portfolio
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-10-03/magic-mushroom-backer-is-said-to-raise-25-million-mull-ipo

will look into it and do some reading about the Parkinson's drug at some point

Hell yes. It was only a matter of time before someone started seriously looking into using psilocybin as treatment.

they can all be administered either through nasal spray or IV

Microdosing may actually become a thing of the future.

How fucking stupid are you to go all in on one sector? Do you use RH for fun? Good lord people like you make me laugh just piss that money away

Lmao retard!

Don't let them get you down brother. Just learn how to hedge your bets/diversify your portfolio

Attached: 1479005055909.jpg (443x359, 41K)

Thanks fren!

>all in
>implying robinhood is my main account

To be fair, I DCA’d in WAY too hard. I should’ve taken profits when I had them. And this guy is absolutely correct:

they also have PH94B and PH10, but I never did read up on those

bought shares of SQQQ on the 15th to dick around with TA (betting on a pullback to the Kijun before bullish continuation)
average price was 9.22
kijun is at 181.5 now, so will sell around that level ~182 or so

Attached: pullback.png (1003x553, 81K)

QQQ was at ~185 when I bought SQQQ, so as long as the kijun doesn't go up to 185 before it pulls back, I'll make some small profit from a pullback
I used daily candles when I entered the trade tho, so I was fully aware that it would take a little while to play out

I've heard some stuff about it, but haven't done any reading of actual scientific literature on it yet

It will never make a comeback unless this motherfucker is gone for good.

Attached: farnsworth_justd.png (1000x567, 464K)

Yeah i haven't either, i think it's mostly been a pseudoscience topic. Seems like there might actually be something to it now though.

This is fucking autism. REITs are going to explode due to housing/construction shortage.

These threads are always comedic gold

LMAO!!

Ratsu are you still bullish on Natty gas?
I might sell puts on UNG for a fun little profit just to try it

Attached: 1555456403634.jpg (900x937, 141K)

nice contributions to the thread

One needs to set profit targets and loss targets where they will be satisfied with the money earned. It’s not enough to greedily let the trade run on forever because one retardedly believes that it’s going to continue upwards forever. I typically sell when I hit certain dollar amounts or percentages depending on what’s going on that trade session. For instance, I sell when I see my day/week/month’s pay in profits on an investment; enjoy the gain; then PATIENTLY look for another entry point with my exits already planned out. Most investors target 2-to-1 Profit-to-Loss targets. Start there.

If by bullish you mean Im going to sell to a greater fool at 2.525 on monday morning

nbcnews.com/health/health-news/fda-approves-first-generic-nasal-spray-treat-opioid-overdose-n996526

FDA approves nasal spray to treat opioid overdose.

Looking to swing TEVA on Monday. Might even go long.

Confirm to me you are ratsu

hi

Attached: nic.png (516x330, 137K)

I really want to try selling a small put on something for fun
Any suggestions?

I’m with you
I use robinhood for retarded options speculation that rarely works out with small amounts of money
I’m quarantining my retarded side on rh

not really
Maybe Kroger or something its not big volume though

FAGGOT

>*ahem*

ROBINHOOD

IS

A

SCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM

>get fucked by Pajeet
>every day!

hey

i jumped on my company's ESPP ~1yr ago. Fast forward to the last purchase date and I fucking tripled my money. Now I have ~5k sitting in their stock and they just laid us all off.

It dipped pretty significantly just after the purchase because the closest competitor announced a new product, but realistically a competitor is not actually going to match my old company for years to come, and they are currently absolutely assraping the market share.

do I:
- cash out now, get dicked by the short term investing tax rate and disqualified disposition fees, and invest elsewhere

or:
- ignore it for a year, at which point it will likely be ahead of where it was right after purchase, and not get dicked by fees (with the small risk that the company burns down, sells to shitty investors, or one of the like 2 potential competitors miraculously releases something that improves on the next to version of the product my old company already has in R&D)... or I'm wrong and it only stays around the same price because the main competitor makes a shittier but cheaper approximation of the same tech and retard poorfags who don't get that will buy it

Attached: Claudia-Alende-1.jpg (812x528, 56K)

oh yeah, second question:

new job offering 2500 stock options which I assume vest ~a few hundred a year, it's top of the industry and currently pre-IPO. what can I expect stocks offered as pre-IPO options to cost, or what would this be based on? how to into options? (checking out the pdf in OP now)

Anyone just going to gamble or kill themselves if it doesn’t work out? Dont really have any options my college degree is useless and im too burnt out and poor to go to school for another four years

what are we shorting monday morning bros?

>SQQQuad

Your mom

Uhhhh verystom and Leip theapootix not bery retarded okies?

Not nazarin, not OC, I cast doubt but require no proof from based ratsuchan.
I really want to try this type of options, buying and then selling when it gets more valuable to someone who believes the hype.

MCD looks slightly over inflated, and their earnings are in a few days

behold the mosaic anyway
warosu.org/biz/image/xNdw2hy7d_dzt5IhFEyxTg

I never do options though, Page teh profit for such things

Glorious. All praise.

I misunderstood, I thought you were selling options to a greater fool.

I'm so high. Fuck /smg/

Is this the patrician's Roth portfolio?

SPY
IWM
AGG
IEMG/VWO

I just do a big fat vanguard target retirement fund, which is pretty anti-patrician but it's performed well enough so far

Alright guys, I have 5 SPY puts til 5/1 , is it too early??

What strike price?

289.5 , it's not bad, and I feel like it's the right position, it seems to me SPY is stalling. but I feel like I'm just jumping the gun a bit.

Maybe I should sell and rebuy closer to may

developed international is too heavy in that

How do I short Canada?

Howcome no one ever posts their portfolios ITT?

You thought people have real money to invest here?

People post them all the time! Here have mine!

Attached: Untitled.png (595x654, 21K)

buy msft

Attached: 4592C088-8941-45E8-8128-4EECFA4EB7E6.jpg (750x641, 106K)

Let er rip rocketship

Attached: Screenshot_20190420-074700.png (1080x1920, 110K)

There are more important business to discuss:
sfgate.com/technology/businessinsider/article/People-are-pooping-more-than-ever-on-the-streets-13778680.php

Why aren't the US government declaring boulevards set aside for public relief?

Attached: US citizen.jpg (701x1024, 231K)

>Why aren't the US government declaring boulevards set aside for public relief?

That's a municipal issue.

Don't be a lazy coward. Just do it! WIN!

If you don't want to go to school, get a job. Become an extreme saver and in 10 years you will be free.

I got 100k

Attached: 1545877684207.png (400x480, 191K)