How to get into law school???

i want to be a lawyer. Jow Forums.

but i only have 3.4 gpa...

Attached: 6_gu0930j_171217_03.jpg (800x1200, 103K)

Just gas the Jews saves you alotta trouble also post moar

We need to replace Talmudic law with anglo scientific law.

serious answers pls

Attached: 9e26178d.jpg (700x992, 45K)

Have a better gpa? Apply to law school? :D I’m going to law school as well OP I’m a graduate of high school. So try to read for an entire day once per week and be studious. Tbh don’t ask us ask yourself where you need to improve or go to a law office and talk to someone who went through it. I’m not going to paralegal route but I’m getting an English degree first. I’ll be up for a while so if you wanna chat.

Attached: B9E37DF4-0893-487C-8C82-B0B1BEE065AF.jpg (250x247, 6K)

That is the serious long term answer.
>propertarianism.com

What the fuck it’s easy as shit. Just take the LSAT and apply to a buncha places. Take out a loan and go there. Shouldn’t be more than 100-200k. If you can’t afford that or aren’t willing to take out a loan and wage cuck for a few years to pay it off then tough titties, everyone else had to do it.

170+ LSAT. better start kracking

im in college, plan on majoring in business.

Are you gonna take the LSAT?

how important is the LSAT compared to college grades?
What type of law schools would be getting into after graduating from a school that has 55% acceptance rank?

Do they have law school for brainlets? Are the job prospects good still?

Why do you want to be a lawyer?

sry OP but it's gonna be the McD 'career' for you.

Actual BIGLAW lawyer here. It's been ~decade since I graduated from law school now and I no longer bother keeping up with the admissions process or even law school rankings, but here's a few points of advice:

- LSAT is incredibly important, and far more important than your grades. A 175+ can make up for a 3.4, but a 4.0 can't make up for a 155.

- Only, and I cannot stress this enough, ONLY go to law school if you are going to be attending a T14 (honestly, I personally wouldn't go unless it was to a T6 at this point). LS is incredibly expensive, and most lawyers actually don't make shit for money outside BIGLAW or retarded competitive boutiques. People are mesmerized by starting salaries of $180k, but that's only for first years (or whatever it is these days) at Vault ranked firms, and there are far more grads than such positions. Obviously if you have a full ride or trust money or whatever and don't give a damn this may not apply to you.

- FYI, LS are essentially subdivided into these tiers:
a. Yale, Harvard, Stanford - good job (virtually) guaranteed
b. Columbia, NYU, UChicago - good job probable, even with average grades
c. UMich, UVirginia, UPenn - good chance at a good job, so long as you place in the upper half
d. UC Berkely, Cornell, Duke, Georgetown, Northwestern - decent chance at a good job, but you really need to aim for top third or top quarter
e. Everything else - third tier toilet, don't go, not kidding

- Practicing law is not at all like law and order. Most lawyers are not litigators, especially in BIGLAW, and so literally never even once in their entire careers go to court. Instead, you spend long hours drafting contracts, reviewing contracts, attending teleconferences, and reading/writing emails. You almost never see your clients in person. When you're a junior associate, you won't even really get to do much of the above - instead, you'll be reviewing docs for larger M&A deals, especially if you're NY based. Junior litigators do doc review.

Hey. I'm on my rig now instead of my phone. Yeah i took a practice and got 8/15 so i got a ton of room to improve. Maybe ill take a practice exam every month to see what strat/study helps.
BASED! Thank you so much for the college review.
1What kind of recom reading, required wpm or like stuff can us pre-Y1 little homies do to prepare?
2It is seriously just LSAT and apply^nth?
3any note unironic testimonials from fellow law folks?
4i'm looking at goin into patient law jobs in the future

Attached: 2017-07-06 001.jpg (500x386, 20K)

My undergrad GPA was 3.15. I had a 3.62 in my last 60 hours but I don't know if that matters. Would a 170-175+ score get me into any of those schools?

>1What kind of recom reading, required wpm or like stuff can us pre-Y1 little homies do to prepare?
For 1L (first year LS)? Nothing. Just dick around. Not kidding. I didn't do shit all to prepare and still did well. Enjoy your last true summer break because you'll be expected to work your 1L and especially 2L summer, and you'll be bar studying your 3L summer (then starting work that fall).

>2It is seriously just LSAT and apply^nth?
It's LSAT+GPA+URM. GPA is less important that LSAT. URM is probably as important as LSAT. URM means under-represented minority which, in practice, means non-white, non-Jewish, non-(north east) asian. Being a woman also helps maybe a little, but not really all that much, as there are many qualified female applicants. I honestly believe that extracurriculars (even semi topical ECs like working as a mailboy at your dad's lawfirm) are irrelevant.

>3any note unironic testimonials from fellow law folks?
I assume this is asking for others to chime in, but if if you want anecdotes regarding my experiences or whatever then you'll have to be more specific.

>4i'm looking at goin into patient law jobs in the future
Maybe you will, maybe you won't. Most people say they'll do X but end up doing Y. The reality is almost nobody knows anything at all about what it means to be or do X until they're summer interning 2L summer.

If you're a URM then possibly. If you're not, then no, unless we're talking like GULC (Georgetown), in which case it is a "maybe." You may get waitlisted in a few lower T14 schools. Go to the website lawschoolnumbers and check out graphs for each school for some really useful admissions data.

>3any note unironic testimonials from fellow law folks?
>I assume this is asking for others to chime in, but if if you want anecdotes regarding my experiences or whatever then you'll have to be more specific.
Can you make a top 5 or top 10 list of observations through the process? include next to answer a hyphen for pre-LS, LS, and post-LS
>4i'm looking at goin into patient law jobs in the future
>Maybe you will, maybe you won't. Most people say they'll do X but end up doing Y. The reality is almost nobody knows anything at all about what it means to be or do X until they're summer interning 2L summer.
Should i make flash cards and create a regiment to learn these
>uscourts dot gov/glossary
t. awesome btw

Attached: IMG_8342.jpg (1200x1800, 348K)

Lawyer is a brainlet professional almost universally so you should be fine. You won't make much money though unless you start your own practice. Most of my brainlet friends from college are lawyers the only ones making money are the ones that run their own business. It takes about 10 years to build after you graduate. Have fun.

You can take the BAR exam in California without law school.
Lots of other states too.

Not sure about the brainlet part.
In the entertainment industry, the people that at first aimed at being lawyers, and the switching tend to be the most scarily brainy entertainers.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (474x480, 20K)

>Can you make a top 5 or top 10 list of observations through the process? include next to answer a hyphen for pre-LS, LS, and post-LS

Not really. It's just school. Pretty much the same as college except more withdrawn/individualistic. I mostly skipped out on classes and then crammed for finals (your grades are almost entire dependent on your final exam). In my personal time I played Xbox, went on dates, ate pizza (gained weight), etc. Pretty typical shit.

in terms of actual practice - its just a job. I go in, do my work, go home. Try to do what I can to maximize time with my wife as opposed to time at my desk. It can be stressful - I've seen people cry (usually girls, but also guys). Never cried myself, but I have been very stressed at times. As you become more senior your experience changes, and your stress becomes less about what you personally do workwise but what you can make sure your juniors get done. More time reviewing, less time drafting.

>Should i make flash cards and create a regiment to learn these [random terms].

Didn't even click the link and can tell you the answer is no. Absolute waste of your time. Especially if you're not even in LS yet - did you take the LSAT even?

Not true. BIGLAW lawyers make good money. First years start at like 180k these days; after 6-8 years you'll be making over 300k. This is base and doesn't include the fairly generous bonuses you can earn (assuming you meet billable requirements). But of course, that's almost exclusively reserved for top law school grads, not people from random regional schools.

Don't do this. Go to a good LS or don't bother being a lawyer. Nobody will hire you besides tiny firms that aren't worth working for. Opening your own shop is riskier than just taking your tuition money and spending it 100% on BTC.

>ooooh how do i get into law school? oooooh i know i can just google it silly. ooooooh how do i get into law schoo? ooooooh look at these pictures of girls and keep masturbating goyim
*cough cough*
>i mean ooooooh how do i get into law school user?

Attached: 1551636884295.jpg (491x491, 43K)

Thanks for the honest feedback; I wish I had done better in undergrad but I had a slacker mentality at first. LS wasn't something I was thinking about. Right now I'm actually working as a legal assistant and trying to absorb the culture. I would love to go to UT but I don't know, it seems like a pipe dream.

ITT: ppl posting irrelevant bs while not even posting an image on an image board.
>Being such a low powerlevel
>ISHYGDDT
Bad troll fag. Either you're a spic or LARP, KYS queer.
Have fun at mcds OP

Attached: IMG_8308.jpg (800x954, 217K)

If you gonna stay beta, be a paralegal at least. Sheesh. I hope you're not this cucked in irl. Who's kidding who though? kek

Attached: lupin and fujiko.gif (640x480, 128K)

Happy to help, especially when questions are specific. By UT I assume you mean University of Texas - Austin, which is feasible if you can pull a 172+ or so. Again, check the website I mentioned. If you ever find yourself there, just know you really need to gun for top 25%, even top 10%, to lock a good job.

Fuck off. I'm not hispanic (not sure why that matters in this context) or a LARP. Not all of us are losers like you. But tell yourself whatever you want.

>Implying you didn't just get ousted
t. URM spic on full-ride because diversity

Attached: 1516847134258.gif (500x277, 771K)

Honestly, I wish. Instead I had to take out a shitload of loans since I only received a (very) partial merit scholarship. They're long since paid off, at least.

Well thanks for the advice anyway whoever you consider yourself tonight but the academic advice is trash. College admission data research is on point doe.

Attached: IMG_8658.png (655x685, 946K)

Just realized you're one of the guys I was replying to above. No idea what schizo switch flipped in your brain but now I feel like I fool for having provided legit advice to you earlier. Oh well, shame on me for forgetting that 90% of the posters on here are just NEETs who jerk off to the idea of "BTFO"ing people on an anonymous imageboard.

If you honestly think you need to study random legal terms prior to even taking the LSAT (which, by the way, is not a content-based test at all and does not test ANY legal material whatsoever) you're a fucking retard. But enjoy wasting your time, I guess.

>Yeah i totally graduated from LS but I only went to my finals because class is for nerds amirite boys?

Attached: when-old-people-try-to-be-cool.gif (500x256, 471K)

Classes mostly operated on Socratic, meaning you'll get called on randomly, but if you knew the profs' style in advance you can generally pick around this after 1L (classes are heavily elective in 2L and 3L). In other words, it's entirely possible to put together a schedule that doesn't require strict daily attendance, letting you can skip 1/2 to 3/4 of your classes safely. You'll need to cram like a mother fucker during the 2-3 weeks leading into finals, but that's perfectly doable, especially since 99% of the tested material is straight out of the book or available via another student's outlines. It's been a decade since I attended but that's literally how things were, and I wasn't the only person who did this.

You can doubt me all you want, doesn't change the truth. I never said LS is easy or class is for nerds - I studied my ass off. I just compressed that study into a a few weeks at the end of each term. I've posted plenty of objectively useful information in an effort to actually HELP you, so I don't know what's the point of your suspicion (other than an expression of envy, I guess).

Thanks for the insight