When will BTC reach $20k again?

>2019
>2020
>2021
>2022+
>never

Attached: BF877107-A46B-4612-AAFC-BCA688FFD1DB.jpg (226x223, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PZvOhJYW_Hw
files.catbox.moe/7xgjhx.webm
blockchain.com/btc/unconfirmed-transactions
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

10k tops. Normies are not done with crypto, but we will never see the amount of normies who were into BTC when it was 20k a pop ever again

probably never
BTC will be out competed by BCH

most normies didn't even buy in at 20k but they are now aware of how high it can go. it's easier to buy now than it was then and getting easier every month.

are you retarded
most normies are scared shitless because of the crash
before the 2017-2018 crash there was no memory of it going down

Fag detected

Never. Crypto is dead.

Attached: 1555484317219.png (619x594, 188K)

Didn't bitcoin hit $1000 and decline to a plateau for about 18 months or so and then exploded past $1000 upto $20,000 before declining to a higher plateau that the previous one? Perhaps this time it will rocket up to $100,000, and decline to a plateau of $20,000.

My most normies friends started asking me about btc again. They are scared of the "possible downside" and not buying yet, but once price hits 10k+ again, we'll see the real normies FOMO

Late 2021. Summer 2020 will come close, but people will get too excited and it'll crash hard.

>bobo pic
well now we know why you're so delusional

don't kill yourself in 2020

Attached: 1555346804917.png (2022x1318, 754K)

when it comes to it
I will do it properly

Attached: 1554410435135.jpg (618x803, 67K)

So you're saying its a pattern that's identifiable if one were to look at the previous years from the inception until now?

Based

I think a rough pattern can be deduced by looking back, by which I mean there will soon be another explosion, it will reach a round number (first it was $1k followed by a decline, the next significant peak was $20k followed by a decline), so it will reach some round number, people will begin to cash out once it meets that round number and it will tumble down to a new plateau above the previous plateau. I can't be more specific than that because I am an absolute amateur, I know zero economic theory.

will you buy 1 BTC for 100 000 USD

>what is the stock market

youtube.com/watch?v=PZvOhJYW_Hw

a mandatory ponzy
you have to have pension fund
the pension fund has to invest only in double AA and triple AAA
the rating is done by a private supreme cuck firm
pension funds pump only limited number of selected ((our_guys))

If it approaches that kind of level, people might be put off from investing until they get used to the idea of purchasing fractions of bitcoins. Just like gold is often quoted by the ounces rather than by the pound, bitcoin may start to be quoted in dollars per Bit rather than per Bitcoin. Otherwise, people may be put off from investing, because it's pretty difficult justify buying 0.00123400 of a bitcoin for a grand, but it feels okay to invest a grand for 1234 Bits.

pretty much this. I predict 20k 2020. 80k 2021.

>Normies are not done with crypto
>ignores the halvening
>ignores illegal activities + crypto

Attached: Godzilla_17.png (1280x536, 548K)

your bags are clouding your mind
will you buy at 10k
no you would not, ever

This.
mBTC/μBTC has to be the new measurement standard

it is not
because the TX fee is worth more than the value transferred

Depends on how much you are transferring. What kind of argument is that?

the argument is the lowest denomination of BTC is the TX fee not the satoshi
because you will never transfer less value than the cost of transfer
meaning BTC can never be more than a small time currency if there are only 21 million BTC and the fee is 0.001

I wouldn't by at 10k in the short-term, no. But as time goes on, and if the project still appears stable, and if it doesn't appear it will dip below 10k, then I may well buy an amount, but the amount would depend on the circumstances. If it appeared that bitcoin had the potential for growth, I'd invest more. However, if it appears that it's pretty much gonna stick at 10k for the long term, then I may put a small amount in as a way to hedge against inflation, as a protection against currency collapse, potentially as a way to easy and secretly move money from one country to another of it's cost effective, or if volatile political circumstances make it worthwhile to lose a bit of money exchanging to bitcoin and then into another national currency. I think bitcoin has utility beyond a money making investment, but as a store of value, widely accepted digital gold that can be stored as a mnemonic phrase in the brain. However, I doubt this particular crypto will have any utility as an everyday currency.

Yeah I get it....
This doesn't answer my question as WHY we can't MEASURE or display it as mBTC/μBTC i.e. in wallets tho

>project > world currency > project > u wot
bla bla bla
it is over, there simply no greater fools

files.catbox.moe/7xgjhx.webm

Attached: hyper.png (755x267, 43K)

Be sure to blame Reddit in the livestream

>alright lads subscribe to r/dankmemes

4thpbp

This shitcoin is never seeing ATH again.

blockchain.com/btc/unconfirmed-transactions

As the dollar value of bitcoin increases, would the transaction fee, measured in bitcoins, also decrease? By which I mean, if the transaction fee is say 1000Bits today, if the value of bitcoin drastically increases to the point that 1000Bits is quite valuable, then surely the transaction fee would reduce to 10Bits. I could be wrong, my bitcoin knowledge is superficial.

This doesn't make any sense

the fee is "fixed" (it is not but it is) in BTC
you can have the satoshi as the smallest denomination if it costed 1 satoshi to transfer
the jewstream mastercard solution was LN, and LN does not work and it can never work, the idea of LN is to make the TX fee free and that way you get to "value" the satsohi
in reality LN makes things worse, luckily nobody is using it

more people are using it > more transactions > higher fees to get confirmed

Absolute garbage. Measuring anything outside of Satoshis is fucking gay. Also this

No one is using it because it's in its infancy. Give it 5 more years and it will be standard in every wallet

Whether bitcoin will one day be looked back on as a ponzi scheme or as practical store of value ultimately depends of people's trust in it's value. If faith is lacking, the lack of faith could spread to the point that nobody will accept bitcoin as valuable to have. If people come to trust bitcoin as valuable and believe others will value it, it can function as a store of value, though I doubt a currency due to problems with its design. Perhaps it can be reformed, perhaps it won't be, who knows. But bitcoin has many similarites to fiat, it's just decentralised fiat. People trust dollar bills backed by nothing but faith that others will accept it as valuable, and there is potential for them to back bitcoins backed by nothing by faith that it has value. And technically, even gold only has value because of people trusting it has value. Afterall, platinum is rarer, but it's price is typically below that of gold, because people know that despite its higher scarcity, platinum is not considered a money metal to the extent that gold and silver are.

Yeah, I remember that happening when bitcoin blew up last time, network got overwhelmed and transactions became expensive.

we are late adopters
it is too late
this was not communism
flush your brain
it is a chain OK, a technology, a tool
it is not mystical or special it is just a chain

ask this, why would I want BTC
if the only answer is, it only goes up, it is a bubble

I actually just want a sound money system and crypto has to potential to do this better than anything else in human history.

>ask this, why would I want BTC
If you really can't answer this question yourself, this discussion is pointless

I don't
I flip the BTC and fleece you cucks
I am coinfesing

Do miners not prioritise transactions by the fees that the transaction will give them? I.e. I got the impression that there's a mechanism by which miners can pick and choose which transactions to prioritise, so as BTC increases in value, they'd accept a lower amount of BTC, or is there a numerical BTC limit to how low transaction fees go?

Guys, I'm starting to think that Gaybo might be gay.

>I prefer pic related
>calls others cucks

The absolute state.

Attached: Feed me goyim.jpg (3600x2384, 1.55M)

Of course they prioritize transactions with higher fees to be included in the next block. Higher fee = higher chance to get confirmed

BTC used to have the ability for zero fees
and it used to be instant with 0 confirms
today effectively the fee is 0.001 and you can pay more to get on top of the list

I prefer privacy coins because I pay no taxes and it is the ultimate form of crypto

Kys

thanks for the money sucker

You disagreed with me on crypto become a sound money standard, retard.

I think it has much utility beyond pump and dump. It's a 10 year old invention that's still mysterious, volatile, scary, complicated and inaccessible to the majority of the population. As time goes on, people may come to understand it to a sufficient degree and to be able to access it more easily than today.

money has to be fungible
money has to be private
money has to compete

I am a multicoiners, fiat is also here to stay

miners choose highest obviously
there's no lower limit i know of (as of a year ago i made tx with 0) it's just the utxos add up to the inputs basically with nothing left for miners

Attached: 1555451725554.png (600x749, 1009K)

At work normies would talk about it but nobody actually bought any, it seemed like the people who did all the buying were nerdy reddit types who were aware of bitcoin for years and then FOMO'd in

Next bullmarket if the actual normies actually buy in I could see it going to 100k

>today effectively the fee is 0.001
Is it technical possible for any miner today to lower the fee to 1 Satoshi if he so desired?

I don't understand why people here are arguing that to store information and broadcasting it on a decentralized, permission-less system until the end of time should cost nothing.

The only way that can happen is on layer 2 or higher.

never because the dream is dead.
its a dinosaur amongst crypto.
in 20 years from now there'll probably be even better new coins coming out.
what makes you think a dead old dinosaur like bitcoin will rise up again?

yea but since the block is only 1 MB the transaction will never be included in a block and blockstream has done some bullshit too

this is what killed isnta pay and real btc adoption
lets say you have phone and you want to pay for something
you pay with fee of 1 satoshi and later you override the translation with a fee of 1000 satoshies and you point the BTC back your wallet
the translation with 1000 satoshie will be included in a block the other one will be abandoned

why would I choose to store my information on this chain

I agree, the FOMO may grow enough to motivate even the normie types to invest. I wish I was overcome with FOMO back in 2010, back when my friend introduced me to "bitcoin money" that is magically produced by a laptop if a "mining" program is downloaded.

Because bitcoin's aim is to have the most decentralized, permission-less, neutral, hard money that exists. There's a good book on this called "the bitcoin standard" that discusses the core principles bitcoin hold. Any deviation from these core values, the bitcoin community will reject.

Without core principles such as maximizing decentralization, a blockchain is just a linked list data structure. It significantly lacks value if it has any value in the first place.

Every bit of information you push on the block chain, the cost is taken up by the node operators. The node operators exist as a guard to the decentralized network. Therefore, minimizing the cost for each node operator is essential to a decentralized network. That means the cost to put data on the blockchain can't be zero, unless you have a centralized network.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-21_16-25-06.png (887x947, 409K)

piss off
I need to store my data in a cost effective way
I will use the chain that has the best value

The best way to store your data in a cost effective way is to buy a hard drive and store it. Only you need to know about it

However, in a decentralized, trust-less, permission-less network, you're asking not just yourself but everyone in the network to store the data too or else others can't verify that data. So every 1 MB added to the blockchain has the cost 1 MB on disk for everyone participating in the network until the end of time plus broadcasting that data. It's not just 1 MB stored on your hard drive.

Yet people argue that his should be done for free. Such a system will not last. Either you have fees or it becomes centralized.

I can use 5 other chains together for the 10 times less, now imagine the smell

you are replying to a complete cretin, just let him get rekt buying dogshit alts

>Either you have fees
Have you never used bitcoin? The more data your transaction contains the higher your fee.

I don't see why that makes my statement wrong. Yes, the more data you add to the blockchain, the higher the fee.

Fees are baked into bitcoin to facilitate data storage type transactions. You're going to have to pay up, nigger. Miners are absolutely incentivized to have such activities on the blockchain. None of this was every beyond the scope of bitcoin.

That's what I said. There needs to be a fee to add data to the blockchain in order for the system to be decentralized and trust-less.

If the goal is to have no fees, then it will be a centralized or a trust system.

Gotcha, my bad.

>At work normies would talk about it but nobody actually bought any

Yea same here, the bubble popped too fast for most normies/boomers to buy in. But I'm not so sure that these people will EVER buy in. I'm pretty sure most boomers think like Warren Buffett that crypto is basically useless and not real.

If people are on retirement, they've already invested and investments are paying off. They aren't going to wait another 5-10 years for another investment to pay off, assuming they even live that long.

So there's no reason for them to risk their current investment as they're already trying to retire.

However, the millennial generation, that's more interesting. Pic related.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-21_17-39-53.png (1025x958, 401K)

>before the 2017-2018 crash there was no memory of it going down
don't you remember the end of 2013? btc dropped a larger percentage of its value then it did in 2017. the only thing that has changed is that the floor for bitcoin will always continue to rise.

do you have the full source on this?

You mean BSv

Never

Attached: casa.jpg (918x850, 73K)

Do the needful & purchase judenmetall ag. Very comfy & baeutifol hodl sirs

Attached: 1555871250322.png (796x1060, 407K)