What happened to Link and Openlaw

I know I'm a brainlet but how did I miss this and what are the implications?

artificiallawyer.com/2018/12/06/openlaw-rhombus-build-derivatives-smart-contracts/

Attached: Screen-Shot-2018-12-06-at-07.09.51-678x381.png (678x381, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qy3SVBnrZk4
eventbrite.com/e/blockchain-panel-intersection-of-smart-contracts-interoperability-and-law-tickets-60622663017
media.consensys.net/10-consensys-announcements-from-ethereal-summit-ny-kaleido-openlaw-alethio-pegasys-ee8cb5dbe2ac
teamraincoat.com/
hurricaneguard.io/
etherisc.com/
quantlayer.libsyn.com/oracles-doug-von-kohorn-and-jeff-rosen-from-rhombus
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

link got hacked recently

And? Please elaborate.

Okay, insider here. Sergey fucked Aaron's gf at a party in Paris, obviously he got really mad at him and called the whole thing off.

Well he is a fucking chad afterall

>this kills the linkie

The post is from 6th December 2018. IDK if something has changed since then.

chainlink+openlaw = august
openlaw+rhombus = december
overwriten

Yet they're still having a conference with Sergey this month. I'm sure it's overwritten, buddy.

thanks buddy i was too lazy to look up the current situation myself. still all in link

I only ran across this because of a single comment made yesterday. I never heard anything about this and I would have assumed the Fudders would have posted the shit out of this. What am I missing here?

Here's hoping

Just sold 100k

rhombus is run by ConsenSys who is a major player behind Etheruem Foundation

in this video youtube.com/watch?v=Qy3SVBnrZk4
towards the end, the guy says they will look at other oracles

Omg wtf is this!?!? I haven’t either, I have a pretty substantial stack and this is concerning. Why are all the Stiller’s hiding this, this is derivatives and someone else is getting the pie??? Idk I think it’s just time to sell

You are correct. He does say that they will look at other oracle solutions. Approx 3 months after this youtube video they confirm that they are partnering with Rhombus to create smart contracts for the derivatives market. Afaik this is the last confirmed OpenLaw partnership. Has Chainlink been dumped by OpenLaw?Agreed. This is a little concerning.

Yeah they're going to announce that they're dropping Chainlink at this event:

eventbrite.com/e/blockchain-panel-intersection-of-smart-contracts-interoperability-and-law-tickets-60622663017

Why is it concerning? Out of dozens of connections, one which plainly stated it was exploring multiple options decides to partner with a non-chainlink oracle provider for one specific type of contract. Regarding the context and scope of everything else related to Link, this is insignificant. Take it as proof that oracles in general are a big deal and relax.

rhombus creates centralized oracles you tards

>6th December 2018
lmao
Getting desperate, faggot?

this

I'm guessing that your comment was sarcastic. I wasn't totally up on this event but as Chainlink and OpenLaw are presenting together it would seem highly unlikely that they're going to dump Chainlink. This is somewhat of a relief. Not trying to FUD at all. I'm all in Link and was mistyfied how I had missed this Rhombus "partnership" back in December.

Why don't you watch the ChainLink team speak with OpenLaw on at the ChainLink NYC meet up on May 15th? Sergey will be speaking.

Why are you pretending to be retarded? Fuck off faggot they are literally attending an official ChainLink event with WanChain next week

I agree there are tons of use cases but derivatives are huge.

it's not concerning, they are just being faggots

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-11 at 5.02.10 PM.png (1512x1066, 1.31M)

Thanks for being the first douchebag to respond. Totally appreciate it.

>implying openlaw are the only people designing derivatives smart contracts
>implying competition is bad

If this thread isn't ironic dump your bags I can feel those weak hands from here.

media.consensys.net/10-consensys-announcements-from-ethereal-summit-ny-kaleido-openlaw-alethio-pegasys-ee8cb5dbe2ac

10 ConsenSys Announcements From Ethereal Summit NY: Kaleido, OpenLaw, Alethio, Pegasys
ConsenSys May 10

Kaleido, an award-winning SaaS platform for building and running live blockchain networks, is bringing together a full stack of tools and technologies from across the Ethereum ecosystem into its plug and play Marketplace and is announcing the new additions of OpenLaw team plan to automate legal agreements, Rhombus for off chain data feeds, Truffle and Metamask as new development tooling options, and support for PegaSys’ Pantheon 1.1, a Java-based, enterprise version of the Ethereum client. With this announcement, Kaleido now supports all popular Ethereum protocols for enterprise usage.

Rhombus, which develops oracles to connect Ethereum with real-world data, will announce a partnership with Raincoat to offer low-cost hurricane insurance to residents of Puerto Rico. Rhombus and Raincoat automatically determine whether a hurricane has struck, using wind speed sensors distributed throughout the island. If the sensors detect a hurricane, users receive a payout that same day—no claims process, no slimy insurance agents—it’s all automatic. Jeff Rosen, co-founder and COO of Rhombus, will discuss this technology on May 10 at 3:50 PM on the Workshop stage.

teamraincoat.com/
hurricaneguard.io/
etherisc.com/

This may have been a brainlet thread but come on it's fucking better than "will I make it with 250k Link"

this, listen to this. they directly address their difference from Chainlink at 22:50

Well, will I?

Thanks user. Actually do appreciate it.

Thanks to everyone for playing. I'm a boomer so I've gotta go cut the grass.

all they talk about is customers asking for crypto data feeds.

bullish for Chainlink

they talk about Chainlink again at 36:10

wrong

put simply, Rhombus is NOT an oracle network. they merely create custom oracles.

they literally have zero network value